Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's going to be very fun and cool to see how the anime interprets a lot of the fights and i am incredibly excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's going to be very fun and cool to see how the anime interprets a lot of the fights and i am incredibly excited

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
can't loving wait to see some animated self-immolation

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

can't loving wait to see some animated turning inside out/into snails

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Something sounds familiar about that main theme...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn4POjpY9Is

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Aurora posted:

cue 50 posts going "guhhhh what's dragon dream do"

My "exactly what「Dragon's Dream」does" caption has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my caption.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Dragon's Dream makes sense it's just a really stupid ability and anyone coming at it from a mindset of "okay so how powerful is this stand and why would you want it" is gonna be lost.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's literally just a fun representation of someone's mastery of something in life manifesting as a stand, kinda like tonio, except it's something inherently less immediately graspable to the average manga reader

just pretend they're fighting a martial arts expert who drinks his own pee every day. that's it

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's literally just a fun representation of someone's mastery of something in life manifesting as a stand, kinda like tonio, except it's something inherently less immediately graspable to the average manga reader

just pretend they're fighting a martial arts expert who drinks his own pee every day. that's it

Considering its Florida and they're drinking their own piss they're probably a meth addict.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

and meth-laced piss probably enhances his fighting skills, what's your point

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jotaro merely adopted the Florida, Jolyne was born in it, molded by it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pigbuster posted:

Dragon's Dream makes sense it's just a really stupid ability and anyone coming at it from a mindset of "okay so how powerful is this stand and why would you want it" is gonna be lost.

Doesn't that chapter literally begin with Pucci asking Dio, "hey, talk to me about some of the most useless stands you've seen?"

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
No, that's Survivor.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Schwarzwald posted:

Doesn't that chapter literally begin with Pucci asking Dio, "hey, talk to me about some of the most useless stands you've seen?"
If only DIO was alive to see the worthlessness of Cheap Trick.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

TheLoneStar posted:

Hey, Cheap Trick is incredibly good in its use case of "potentially killing a shitload of people in a suicide attack." Imagine if you showed your back in a crowded place.

Imagine if you showed your back on live TV :stare:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TheLoneStar posted:

DIO would hate ghost Yoshihiro Kira.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dragon's Dream was the beta version of Wonder Of U.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Johnny Joestar posted:

and meth-laced piss probably enhances his fighting skills, what's your point

My point is Abbacchio died as karma for trying to get Giorno hooked on piss-meth.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lamebot posted:

My point is Abbacchio died as karma for trying to get Giorno hooked on piss-meth.

No it was jellyfish.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Lamebot posted:

1. Italian mafias mainly smuggled Crack and Heroin AFAIK
2. How does drinking someone else's piss get them addicted to meth!?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Grouchio posted:

1. Italian mafias mainly smuggled Crack and Heroin AFAIK
2. How does drinking someone else's piss get them addicted to meth!?

Don't try to use logic in the Jojo thread

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Italian mafias in the jojoverse primarily smuggle the hottest and rarest fashion prototypes, which is why it was no problem for giorno to end their drug trade on the side and still get the loyalty of Diavolo's lieutenants

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

Hey, Cheap Trick is incredibly good in its use case of "potentially killing a shitload of people in a suicide attack." Imagine if you showed your back in a crowded place.

Imagine if you showed your back on live TV :stare:

Hundreds Die In Mooning Incident

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Hey Ya! Is one I’ve seen put as the worst, and it felt like it was supposed to get more than we got of it, but it’s not actively harmful to the user and seems to give okay advice.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I agree with Dio that Survivor is pretty lovely.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I think a lot of people could benefit from having Hey Ya! propping them up and boosting their self esteem, I could never call it a useless stand.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Brofessor Slayton posted:

Hundreds Die In Mooning Incident

Stone Ocean version: Billions Die in Mooning Incident

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurora posted:

cue 50 posts going "guhhhh what's dragon dream do"

Oh no look what you did

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I can't wait for anime Orange is the New Black

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Florida Woman Masturbates In Front Of Tom Cruise

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Florida Woman Plays Tug of War with the 1974 Miami Dolphins

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Florida man doesn't really understand what's going on

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

pucci's whole backstory can be accurately summed up as "florida man"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Florida Man Accidentally Hires KKK, Becomes A Calvinist

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

Florida Man Accidentally Hires KKK, Becomes A Calvinist
I have many questions about how Pucci was able to hire the KKK to lynch his brother.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I have many questions about how Pucci was able to hire the KKK to lynch his brother.

Probably something about how Pucci is Italian so they excuse his skin color while Weather's mom is black and maybe not Italian (idk) and the KKK is all "1 drop rule" regardless of Weather's skin color.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Pucci is a tan Italian man with two Italian parents (him and the white girl that Weather was dating have the same two parents), while the KKK learn that his mother later married a black man which mistakenly leads them to believe that Weather is his biological son.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

bobjr posted:

Hey Ya! Is one I’ve seen put as the worst, and it felt like it was supposed to get more than we got of it, but it’s not actively harmful to the user and seems to give okay advice.

Hey Ya directly led Pocoloco to winning the Steel Ball Run. Seems pretty useful to me.

As for Survivor, the whole moral of that story is "even the stand that seems the weakest can become incredibly powerful if used in the right context".

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Hey Ya directly led Pocoloco to winning the Steel Ball Run. Seems pretty useful to me.

As for Survivor, the whole moral of that story is "even the stand that seems the weakest can become incredibly powerful if used in the right context".

I maintain Hey Ys being a confidence Stand was a retcon, it definitely knew things Pocoloco had no way of knowing like the animal skull behind the bushes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ChaosArgate posted:

I think a lot of people could benefit from having Hey Ya! propping them up and boosting their self esteem, I could never call it a useless stand.

As someone who suffers from anxiety, I'd love a voice in my head to say good things to me.