Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If you're putting spoons down the disposal idk that you can claim to be better than people who put melted animal fat down a non-disposal-equipped sink

Fun story when I worked for an Elias Brothers they had a big garbage disposal that would grind up would, strain it, and eject it into a trash can. It could take anything, plates, silverware, a set of pliers...everything and contort them into all sorts of shapes and designs. It couldn't handle straws though. They'd slip under the spinning drum inside and after enough got in there they'd jam it

Weatherman posted:

I dunno bro seems like by someone's logic then you should be measuring it in tanks than in some useless and hard-to-grasp arbitrary units like gallons :smug:

Guess the only thing left is to figure out what size tank should be the standard for measurement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

The Lone Badger posted:

Nah it should be based on the king's bladder size.

every time you take it out to measure it you're going to need a new king

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mauser posted:

every time you take it out to measure it you're going to need a new king

Feature not a bug.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Instead of revolutions, they're "revaluations"

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
The vein in Americas dick

https://twitter.com/AnthonySabatini/status/1424797177637871617

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jesus Christ. Let's keep fellating the ego of this rear end in a top hat that incited an inssurection. Bugs Bunny was right, cut Florida off and send it adrift

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Staluigi posted:

i've had partners with EDS

among its many unforgivable crimes as a hell disease is that it sucks so much i can't even feel easy mirth at crowder having it

crowder still fortunately has plenty of time to hopefully die of something much more schadenfreudy like getting fatally injured in a prank to own the libs for his channel

Crowder smoked with titanium rods in his body. Nicotine warps titanium.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

wolfman101 posted:

Speaking as someone who has spent time with both. I would rather have no disposal and a $2 sink strainer. It is much easier to dump out the strainer several times than to try to dig out some small spoon once.

To quote someone I fervently pray does not follow Mike Rowe down the thinkerer hole, Mike Holmes, "there's a place for garbage. It's called a garbage can"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Brawnfire posted:

Instead of revolutions, they're "revaluations"

I knew you all would come around eventually.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SocketWrench posted:

Jesus Christ. Let's keep fellating the ego of this rear end in a top hat that incited an inssurection. Bugs Bunny was right, cut Florida off and send it adrift

Just wait until you see how many things are named after Ronald Reagan

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah the Turnpike that runs from Florida City to Ocala is named after Reagan

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Timbah on Toast - who's done two great series on Rubin and James O'Keefe - has done a video on Tim Pool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRfbczIaR7E

boz
Oct 16, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah the Turnpike that runs from Florida City to Ocala is named after Reagan

Trumpike

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Iron Crowned posted:

I88 which connects Chicago to the western Suburbs (and further) is the Ronald Reagan Highway

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Frankly, I'm rather shocked they said 'one of' our greatest presidents, and not 'the greatest.'

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HootTheOwl posted:

I88 which connects Chicago to the western Suburbs (and further) is the Ronald Reagan Highway

Here in Cincinnati, we have the Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway which connects the poor side of Cinci to the wealthy side, via an intersection with I-75

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ronald Reagan National Airport would like a call. We cannot escape him.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Watching Mike Lindell's live event and in the middle of him rambling about how he tricked Dominion into suing him to stay in the news, someone runs out with a note telling him Dominion is now suing Newsmax and OANN.

Beautiful

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I saw that, but I thought at least Newsmax had some kind of settlement?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

Timbah on Toast - who's done two great series on Rubin and James O'Keefe - has done a video on Tim Pool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRfbczIaR7E

Lol this is sad and funny. I mean the video is good and funny. Pim Tool is sad.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Every time I go to Lynchburg I have to drive on the Pat Robertson highway and I hate everything about that.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Hey its Sturgis time, so you know what that means: A superspreader event annnnnnnndddddddd:

https://twitter.com/DonLew87/status/1425154737872252929?s=20

Nazis.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

CommieGIR posted:

Hey its Sturgis time, so you know what that means: A superspreader event annnnnnnndddddddd:

Nazis.

Hoooly gently caress, this article is so badly written. Look at these two lines:

Here, you’ll find both vendors and cyclists exercising their right to the first amendment, but what happens when exercising that right becomes offensive to some people?

The SS, Death's Head, and Naza Swastika are not just 'offensive to some people'.

Pastor-Bishop Troy Carr of Faith Temple Church believes the confederate flag symbolized a time in our country where people were so adamant about keeping slavery that the nation was divided into war.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT IS

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Hoooly gently caress, this article is so badly written. Look at these two lines:

Here, you’ll find both vendors and cyclists exercising their right to the first amendment, but what happens when exercising that right becomes offensive to some people?

The SS, Death's Head, and Naza Swastika are not just 'offensive to some people'.

Pastor-Bishop Troy Carr of Faith Temple Church believes the confederate flag symbolized a time in our country where people were so adamant about keeping slavery that the nation was divided into war.

Yeah, the article is reallllllllly reaching to try to act like some sort of unbiased deep dive rather than calling it what it is.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

I've been saying this so long I'm blue in the face:

Republicans absolutely know what it is, what it represents. They hide behind the "freedom of speech" angle because WE believe in it, not them.

Look a republican in the eye and say "we shouldn't have flags of traitor nations flying here" and watch them twist into knots trying to justify something that's clearly antithesis to our nation. They pretend to love America. They pretend to support the constitution. They're all fascists.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Actually it was the Democrats who wanted slavery and the Confederacy was all evil racist Democrats fighting against the good Republican Lincoln.

Anyway I'm going to buy a Confederate flag to honor the brave patriots who fought against tyranny.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Look I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that the Nazi hats are right next to the Trump ones

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Johnny 5 hats.

Or, more honestly, Johnny 1488 hats.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

CommieGIR posted:

Nazis.

I support the right for these hats to be sold, because they give us antifa supersoldiers targets to huck soup for our families at warning as to which assholes on the street to avoid.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Nah, just call them Democrat.

After all, the North was led by virtuous Republican Lincoln, and the south by the traitorous racist Democrats. Flying the stars and bars? Must be a Democrat!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

pacerhimself posted:

Lol this is sad and funny. I mean the video is good and funny. Pim Tool is sad.
Like a lot of folks I watched Tim all the time during OWS. I knew he was up to bad-faith poo poo but I didn't really want to know the rest.

I saw the run-time on this vid and thought "maybe later" but just ten minutes in I was hooked. I guess I just really appreciated the way this guy lays out his case against Pool's claims of journalistic integrity. This is a pro-watch and I'm glad I took the time. Not because it shows me how Pim Tool is so awful, but because it illuminates how all the grifters work. It's neat to see how it's perpetrated when also contrasted against, you know, how journalists are supposed to be trained to conduct themselves.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The SS lightning bolt runes on the hat stand for Scout Sniper. Weird that you recognize that as the exact same thing as the SS lightning bolt runes that stood for Schutzstaffel. Who is the real nazi?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I've seen, but at least Regan wasn't the absolute dumpster fire Trump was. He could at least win the popular vote and never instigated a riot in the capitol. I mean fellating Trump doesn't even make sense, there's no reason to. He sucked at everything he touched, why kiss his rear end or worship him.

Yeah, but he thinks it was a good thing

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 10, 2021

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Reagan was a turd but I’m sure most of the stuff that got named after him didn’t happen in less than a year after leaving office. I think it’s in bad taste to name stuff after living politicians anyway.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I've been saying this so long I'm blue in the face:

Republicans absolutely know what it is, what it represents. They hide behind the "freedom of speech" angle because WE believe in it, not them.

Look a republican in the eye and say "we shouldn't have flags of traitor nations flying here" and watch them twist into knots trying to justify something that's clearly antithesis to our nation. They pretend to love America. They pretend to support the constitution. They're all fascists.

I'm still bitter about it, but allow me to post a short debate I had with some asshat about displaying confederate flags as southern pride

me; Dude, you want it up, fine. Just don't put it in your window. Though because you are in a dorm, you are under rules to follow.
I'm not going to argue whether you're right or not. You believe it's heritage, I believe it's a symbol of rebellion brought on by the issue of slavery.

Him; Are the flags of all the republics that seceded from the USSR also "symbols of rebellion"? Or, for that matter, how is the US flag not a symbol of rebellion against England?

Me; How many of those rebellions were not only failed, but about preserving keeping a race of people in slavery?

Him; One argument at a time. Before we move on, are you recognizing that being a "symbol of rebellion" isn't a bad thing at all?

Me; False narrative. Because those aren't seen as "bad rebellions" does not make every rebellion not bad. The confederacy, what that flag represents, was a failed rebellion to keep humans as slaves. That is why it causes issues, that is why most people see that flag as a racial banner, that is why these dorms want it removed.

Him; Did the constitution not protect the slave states' right practice slavery? They didn't need to choose independence for that right, but according to the principles in the 1776 Declaration of Independence they had every right to choose their own government. The Republicans trashed those principles of free government in subjugating the southern states (not just for the South but for the rest of the country, too.)

Me; The US revolution was not fought over the right to keep people as slaves.
The Constitution, in no way, protected anyone's rights to keep slaves. Slavery was left alone in order to ratify the Constitution lest the southern states hold out and the new government splinter apart.

Him; Lincoln disagreed with you. He said he had "no lawful [i.e. constitutional] right" "directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists." He was right about that. And the war certainly wasn't over the right to keep people as slaves. The North's political leaders never challenged that right. Lincoln even went so far as to say he had no objections to a constitutional amendment which had already passed Congress (even without the votes of the slave states that had already seceded and withdrawn their represenetatives) to make the constitution's implicit protections of the right of slave states to keep people as slaves "express and irrevocable" (Lincoln's words.) And the US Congress officially declared by a practically unanimous vote after the first major battle of the war "that this war is not waged... for any purpose of... overthrowing or interfering with the rights or established institutions of those States [i.e. slavery]". And obviously the South didn't fight for a right that the North wasn't challenging (and had no constitutionally legitimate means of challenging even if it had wanted to, other than, as large majorities of abolitionists advocated in the years prior to the war, seceding from the slave states in order to free themselves of the constitution's protections of slavery.)

Took this apart piece by piece, even posted a link to Lincoln's actual words that he was bastardizing, and then my posts started disappearing. I had it copied because I expected this kind of reaction and just got tired of reposting it over and over to see it deleted

Huge red flag to just how racist the channel owner is;
"A standalone website trying to tell it like it is... THE TRUTH, using facts.
Our goal is to restore the CONFDEDERATE BATTLE FLAG to its rightful place in the Open Air Flag Museum in Veterans Memorial Park, Wichita, KS. The Confederate Battle Flag flew on a flag pole there for over forty years without one complainant. This is a MUSEUM! What is next… the Public Library? Will the government start removing all the history book pages that show a picture of the CONFEDERATE BATTLE FLAG because a child or someone else might be offended?
The Confederate Battle Flag was only used in combat from 1861 to 1865.
Slavery came to an end in America in 1865.
What flag flew over slavery in America from 1619 to 1865?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

Reagan was a turd but I’m sure most of the stuff that got named after him didn’t happen in less than a year after leaving office. I think it’s in bad taste to name stuff after living politicians anyway.

Yeah, basically everything in the US named after Reagan aside from the USS Ronald Reagan was done so by Newt Gingrich using his new Republican congressional majority to basically automate renaming as many schools, post offices, parks, highways, and various miscellaneous government buildings after the drooling empty husk of the Gipper as an arm of the early 90s full court press effort to rehabilitate Reagan's image with the American public because he left the presidency with a lot of people pissed at him for various stuff and Republicans were worried he was on the cusp of becoming a second Nixon to the American people.

The relentless march of time has rendered it all mostly moot by now as the people who cared about Reagan's image or who were swayed by the effort to save it are now largely on the way out of the door, if they haven't left already. So now there's just a bunch of signs scattered around being the name of some dude nobody under 40 gives a poo poo about and can barely remember. "Look on my works, ye mighty and despair", yadda yadda yadda.

Also Trump doing a bit of deicide on old St. Ronnie as a part of his climb up to the throne himself also helped with that too. At this point I'd wager more people fondly remember Jimmy Carter than Ronald Reagan.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 11, 2021

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Watching Mike Lindells big evidence release.
It turned out to be Italian satellites hacking the voting machines which are all connected to the internet no matter how much 'they' say they aren't.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Wait, are we returning to good ol' fashioned anti-italian racism like the founders intended and done screeching about China?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Wait, are we returning to good ol' fashioned anti-italian racism like the founders intended and done screeching about China?

It turns out what they thought was bamboo fibers was actually dried pasta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lol, Biden is a catholic so the pope did it.