Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Load-bearing tiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Just Winging It posted:

Load-bearing tiles.

Are we sure those are tiles? They look like regular and chocolate flavored graham crackers.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Just like dogs are boys and cats are girls, phillips is positive and flathead is negative.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

It looks like rather than repair the existing decking, they just went over it with some of those cheap patio tiles.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Computer viking posted:

Lesson for later: If I do want a tree inside my house, put it in a boxed-in atrium instead of routing the trunk through my kitchen and out through the roof; got it.

Someone on native / First Nations twitter had said, "I don't understand landownership. The land lets you live there," and tree house has me thinking about that a lot.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Assault sink

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Ah yeah water hammer

Extant Artiodactyl
Sep 30, 2010

i would like this to serve as a notice to all adventure and survival horror game protags who think they need to find a fuse to progress. there are actually many other options

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
If you use a screwdriver instead of a fuse it becomes a different kind of adventure

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
When I was a kid I once used a weird brass-looking flat screwdriver I found in the garage and it was weirdly soft and the tip got kinda bent and my dad yelled at me for messing up his nonconductive fuse-puller tool. Which made it all the more surprising when I later learned about the time the Air force accused him of accidentally destroying a live Minuteman missile by using a (regular, conductive) screwdriver to pull a fuse.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Use a full shishkabab skewer and get a quick meal.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

wheatpuppy posted:

When I was a kid I once used a weird brass-looking flat screwdriver I found in the garage and it was weirdly soft and the tip got kinda bent and my dad yelled at me for messing up his nonconductive fuse-puller tool. Which made it all the more surprising when I later learned about the time the Air force accused him of accidentally destroying a live Minuteman missile by using a (regular, conductive) screwdriver to pull a fuse.

?? Fuse pullers dont look like screwdrivers, they're like pliers. Are you thinking of a brass screwdriver? I guess they're non-sparking in theory, but google tells me they're more useful to adjust compasses (since they're not ferromagnetic)

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Just Winging It posted:

Load-bearing tiles.

Load bearing paper clips and gum.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Slanderer posted:

?? Fuse pullers dont look like screwdrivers, they're like pliers. Are you thinking of a brass screwdriver? I guess they're non-sparking in theory, but google tells me they're more useful to adjust compasses (since they're not ferromagnetic)

Yeah, that was what I was trying to imply, that he was using the wrong tool for the job.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's a meter holder not a fusebox so its just free real estate electricity.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

new mushroom just dropped

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1401-Mississippi-Ave-Duluth-MN-55811/68639221_zpid/

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Is that loving fake leather contact paper on the cabinets?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

Is that loving fake leather contact paper on the cabinets?

*points at the 1971 construction date*

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

This is both horrible and amazing.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

You guys always post these ugly, terrible houses and I always love them.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

BonerGhost posted:

Yeah in many cases I feel like the joke is on me for likening tasteless home. I love totally unmodified 60s and 70s homes.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

therobit posted:

Yeah in many cases I feel like the joke is on me for likening tasteless home. I love totally unmodified 60s and 70s homes.

I'm a terribly impractical person about some things. I would totally wear down my husband until we could buy that house, then I'd demand we fill it with round furniture.

Unrelated: how the hell do you make the bed if it's a circle?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BonerGhost posted:

I can imagine Niel Breen actually saying this.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Well I guess its easy to wipe down,

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Baconroll posted:

Does this person live in a converted bathhouse?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

It's the home of a space hobbit.

I want to be a space hobbit.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Baconroll posted:

I like a good materials close out special as much as the next person but jesus.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Baconroll posted:

Explain how I'm getting Yellow Wallpaper from a blue tiled room.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

It's like they never even watched the movie wtf?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

BonerGhost posted:

that's why i posted it :getin:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's the home of a space hobbit.

I want to be a space hobbit.

Some people call me a space hobbit
Some people call me the Gandalf of love

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

therobit posted:

Some people call me a space hobbit
Some people call me the Gandalf of love

Some people call me Morgoth
🎵guitar wolf whistle🎵

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18385HaUHA
A compilation of osha, schadenfreude and crappy construction. What more can you ask for

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Baconroll posted:

Imagine trying to sleep next to even a moderate snorer in there.

The carpeted bathroom is a war crime, but everything else is dated enough it's moderately cool? I have qualms about the brightly colored blue and yellow sink basins, too, I guess.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

BonerGhost posted:

how the hell do you make the bed if it's a circle?

Very carefully.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

George Hovland was a really fascinating guy. WWII veteran, Olympic cross-country skiier, designed funky houses. https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/community/people/7021640-George-Hovland-who-fostered-skiing-in-Duluth-dies-at-94

Here's another house in Duluth by him for sale, it's a bit more conventional but still gloriously dated https://www.estately.com/listings/info/144-lyons-st--1

More crappy content:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/145-Elm-St-Spruce-Pine-NC-28777/235915670_zpid/

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Youth Decay posted:

George Hovland was a really fascinating guy. WWII veteran, Olympic cross-country skiier, designed funky houses. https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/community/people/7021640-George-Hovland-who-fostered-skiing-in-Duluth-dies-at-94

Here's another house in Duluth by him for sale, it's a bit more conventional but still gloriously dated https://www.estately.com/listings/info/144-lyons-st--1

the only thing wrong with this house is that some of the updated cabinets do not match the styling of all the original stuff in the house

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
[AL] Previous homeowner had a mercury spill. (self.legaladvice)

I’m not going to inline the text because it starts with a dead cat and it gets worse from there.

That’s a nightmare I didn’t know I could have.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Sue, then kill the PO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

His Divine Shadow posted:

Sue, then kill the PO.

Sue, win, collect, then kill the PO.