Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I also wanna be a bird guy. Guy who has a big bird on his shoulder. Don’t know what kind of bird yet, whatever type of bird you choose will completely change the vibe. Being a Parrot On Shoulder Guy is completely different than being a Crow On Shoulder Guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I want tentacles

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you just wanna buy sports cards it's not too bad. the prices are up after a very longterm drop but the ruinous dogshit is mostly card games. collecting sports cards is like being captain ron and collecting tcg cards is like being Todd 3465

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 16, 2021

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NienNunb posted:

I also wanna be a bird guy. Guy who has a big bird on his shoulder. Don’t know what kind of bird yet, whatever type of bird you choose will completely change the vibe. Being a Parrot On Shoulder Guy is completely different than being a Crow On Shoulder Guy.

I think you should get a vulture

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I can't stop playing of Streets of Rage 4, the DLC and Survival mode pushed it into "one of the best games ever" territory

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

ostrich

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

the bird makes the man, is what ive heard

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I feel like I'm reaching the end of my rope (burnout and a general sense of...well...*gestures vaguely*).

However, every time I want to turn to someone and ask for advice/help they beat me to it and ask ME for advice/help. All I can do is throw on a plastic smile and give them a hand, and by the time it's done I'm too exhausted to deal with my own problems. Repeat as needed.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

a cyborg mug posted:

I can't stop playing of Streets of Rage 4, the DLC and Survival mode pushed it into "one of the best games ever" territory

I haven't tried this weeks simulation yet but that survival mode was crafted by god

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Get a New York Pigeon or Seagull. Both are fearless.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

really feeling it for shinji kun

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

CobiWann posted:

I feel like I'm reaching the end of my rope (burnout and a general sense of...well...*gestures vaguely*).

However, every time I want to turn to someone and ask for advice/help they beat me to it and ask ME for advice/help. All I can do is throw on a plastic smile and give them a hand, and by the time it's done I'm too exhausted to deal with my own problems. Repeat as needed.

Remote therapy is not ideal but I’ve been doing it since March and it’s been great.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i will never stop lying so long as i believe it at the time. but i will always apologize afterward. some people say that's not a lie at all if you believe it, but they're lying.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

major spoielrs for movie 4:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I watched Richard Jewell, one of the funniest films i’ve ever seen. Eastwood might be unintentionally one of the greatest comedic directors ever.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

yea ok posted:

major spoielrs for movie 4:

this is from legit the best part of the movie, all the stuff in the village with not-rei learning basic human stuff was delightful

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

History of the Atlanta Falcons Part 1 just dropped. If you're a Falcons fan it starts with what you think it does so be warned.

As a former Pats season ticket holder I'm giggling, I sat through a 1-15 season on a cold rear end bench in Foxoboro Stadium so you also have my sympathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx_ORMhpmoU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

God bless us all, the new Bois has dropped

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Critical posted:

History of the Atlanta Falcons Part 1 just dropped. If you're a Falcons fan it starts with what you think it does so be warned.

As a former Pats season ticket holder I'm giggling, I sat through a 1-15 season on a cold rear end bench in Foxoboro Stadium so you also have my sympathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx_ORMhpmoU

Growing up in New Orleans I have an unnatural hatred of the Falcons. And I don't even watch football!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
blessed be if this is anywhere near as fascinating as the mariners series

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Not as much completely batshit backstory to the creation of the team but it's good.

Also Jon chose violence. Regarding a collapse in their first game against the Saints:

"It was excruciating for Falcons fans to see their team build a 21-3 lead only to lose in the end. See, you gotta get to 28. Make it 28-3 and you're golden."

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

How does Bois choose which teams to do videos on?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

How does Bois choose which teams to do videos on?

Flips a coin, and compares it to the over/under

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

He’s a falcons fan, and the Mariners had Ken Griffey and Ichiro, who are cool as hell.

I think he also has a thing for futility. Covering teams that win all the time is no fun.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

He should do the Mets but there’s not enough time to cover their failures.

The Sonics during their string of 1st round playoff exits might be nice to see.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Insertnamehere31 posted:

He’s a falcons fan, and the Mariners had Ken Griffey and Ichiro, who are cool as hell.

I think he also has a thing for futility. Covering teams that win all the time is no fun.

Also a Chiefs fan as noted in this previous masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GyeQSLh9Vw

He definitely likes things that suck. I wish he was able to still do Pretty Good, I loved those self contained stories.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thank you anno

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he ought to be a bengals fan. me and him drinking pop and talking about the closest team to us in our native land that has no teams. but he left. he stopped drinking pop and started buying funkos up in the big city.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Barry Bluejeans posted:

ugh i still need to watch this

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I was worried shayna bayzler(friend?) was the poster Vince mechmahon

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that is the case

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Jon Bois should cover the Vikings at some point, because while I don’t know the individual incidents live up to 28-3, I believe there is no team more finely tuned towards building up its fans hopes only to absolutely crush them completely. The Vikings understand the importance of success to true failure.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

good history videos to do: vikings|bills|jets|lions|raiders|browns|chargers
trying a new list format. bolding doesnt work on them things

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Jon Bois should cover the Vikings at some point, because while I don’t know the individual incidents live up to 28-3, I believe there is no team more finely tuned towards building up its fans hopes only to absolutely crush them completely. The Vikings understand the importance of success to true failure.

1998 is pretty dire. 15-1 with one of the most absurd offenses of all time, get to the NFC Championship, lose in overtime because Morten Anderson misses a field goal for the first time all season

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cavauro posted:

good history videos to do: vikings|bills|jets|lions|raiders|browns|chargers
trying a new list format. bolding doesnt work on them things

I would be interested in history videos on these things but without them being football teams. History of vikings. History of lions. History of jets.history of color brown

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you're interested in teh history of bills then maybe i can interest you in the history of bobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvh6NLqKRfs

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

My girlfriend and I have decided on our Halloween costumes this year.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This is ours

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I don’t have a gf. And I’m not invited to party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Although ironically I did beetlejuice last year