Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

euphronius posted:

elected leaders turning a pandemic into a market making opportunity is not a low i expected

Learning about the Regeneron pop up stalls were a fresh crack ping for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

fosborb posted:

no this is definitely a thing that's driving a lot of concerned parents specifically

It's pretty much the only thing I'm scared of re:covid. Ill understood long term side effects for me or my family.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Isn't there gonna be a huge increase in medical debt from all the people who need covid treatment?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

pillsburysoldier posted:

Kemp, Desantis, Abbott completely disproving accelerationism lmao

No moment of reckoning will sweep the masses lol its just death

Yeah not a single one of them will face any repercussions for this. the absolute worst case scenario is maybe they lose a future election and live out a long and comfortable life on their own terms. And every other GOP governor is going to be right behind them.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

net work error posted:

The hole for the mouth just gives it such a weird look. If it was closed but with all the RGB this thread would be going nuts I think.

lol no, absolutely would not trust razer with my life

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
popular music in '96-'00 loving sucked though

'05-'07 was a pretty good peak

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol buddy it's more like thousands of americans are dying from substandard care every day in hospitals because they are overflowed and understaffed. I'm looking at my er trackboard right now and 10 patients are languishing waiting for someone to die so they can get a room.

People in blue states are looking at the South going 'well at least that won't happen here where we were good and took our vaxx' and like, I just got done watching a friend almost die from an untreated acute illness because his care was delayed by >24 hrs thanks to there being no hospitals in neither Spokane nor Seattle that would take him. We were out of hospital beds over a week ago and it's continuing to get worse!

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

CDC posted:

Total predicted number of excess deaths since 2/1/2020 across the United States: 599,021 - 765,569

Green put there by me for easy viewing.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lacrosse posted:

People in blue states are looking at the South going 'well at least that won't happen here where we were good and took our vaxx' and like, I just got done watching a friend almost die from an untreated acute illness because his care was delayed by >24 hrs thanks to there being no hospitals in neither Spokane nor Seattle that would take him. We were out of hospital beds over a week ago and it's continuing to get worse!

yeah that won't happen to me tho

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Lacrosse posted:

we were masked at a state park last week and a family passed us from behind and the dude loudly started talking and said "if they all get it in Florida then fine!"

then I noticed his wife had a mask on but he and their kids didn't.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Stereotype posted:

i'm sure everything works out for them in the end

He was known for his happy endings. That's what Poe's law is about : every Edgar Allan Poe story has a happy ending.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Even if the vaccine was 100% effective, the delta variant would still be capable of totally overwhelming hospital capacity in most places

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Schnorkles posted:

Even if the vaccine was 100% effective, the delta variant would still be capable of totally overwhelming hospital capacity in most places

open biden

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my partner keeps telling me that it's my choice whether or not to quit my job so we can do another year of virtual and I hate that it's framed as a choice because it sure as gently caress doesn't feel like a choice.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol christ

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

delta comes at you fast

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

my partner keeps telling me that it's my choice whether or not to quit my job so we can do another year of virtual and I hate that it's framed as a choice because it sure as gently caress doesn't feel like a choice.

"whatever you want to do"

"whatever you feel is safe"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Are YOU a C-SPAMMER who has had their job hosed by COVID or is being forced to go back to a plague pit so your boss can see your smile?
Do YOU or someone you know have a knot in their stomach because they have to roll the dice with death every day for a pitiful paycheck?
Do YOU have a stable internet connection for 40 hours a week and are able to read words, talk without throwing up, and not be a total shithead on the phone?
Do YOU live in Ohio, Delaware, Utah Arizona, or Illinois?

GOOD NEWS! WE'RE HIRING!

Hi! My name is Business Gorillas and I want to do BUSINESS with YOU!!! My company is currently hiring for phone jockeys in a couple different departments. These are entry-level customer service positions with the following benefits:

- :siren: COMPLETELY WORK FROM HOME, WE'LL EVEN MAIL YOU A COMPUTER :siren:
- $16.00/hour starting and guaranteed full time
- A signing bonus of up to $2,000 if you stay for one year.
- Full benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, ~20 days of PTO, no-excuse sick time, and education assistance totaling a maximum of $10,000 a year.

I'm not going to lie, the jobs I have are dull and unrewarding, but I bet your current job is too! Tell those petty tyrants you debase yourself for tips to or that retail manager who keeps hitting on the 17 year olds to work with to :supaburn:GO TO HELL:supaburn: and join a company that won't ask you to risk your lungs for your pay. Hell, as long as you're not awful, there's plenty of room for promotions as soon as there's spots available!

:smith: "All I have on my resume is that I was a worker at the Dick Sucking Factory for 3 years and a Grease Trap at McDonald's..." :smith:
I DON'T CARE. I'm not here to make commissions or get money for what I'm doing, I'm here to keep you alive. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO RISK THEIR LIFE FOR A PAYCHECK, AND THAT INCLUDES YOU. Send me a DM and we'll work on your resume! I'm a bullshit artist by trade, so let me help YOU get a job where you can dodge Delta.

:smith: "I'm not in one of those states you talked about..." :smith:
SEND ME A DM ANYWAYS! If I can't find you a job, I'm working with other goons that also have positions at their own companies. If they're a good fit, I'll connect you two!

:smith: "I want a WFH job, but I have skills and $16.00 doesn't work for me..." :smith:
STILL TALK TO ME! The goons I'm working with have other jobs available. Hell, if I think you're overqualified for my jobs, I'll connect you to them anyways! I want you to make as much money for as little work as possible!

WE LOSE ENOUGH OF OUR LIVES TO OUR WORK, GOON. THERE'S NO REASON TO LOSE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE OF IT.

Inquire Within or send me an email at wfhjobsforgoons at gmail dot com

Business Gorillas fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 20, 2021

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Durf posted:

i can't find 3M HF-800s anywhere in canada

not that we need it as much as the states but my wife is a care provider and was thinkin it'd be nice to have

even if there's an equivalent that's comfortable for 8 hour shifts i'd appreciate reqs

So I had an order get cancelled, then went through the hassle of ordering through Zoro and MyUS. The latter is just an intermediary that acts as the delivery address for suppliers that don't offer international shipping.

Added a bit to the cost and delayed it 2-3 weeks, but it seems like they'll make it here eventually.

Edit:

Adding links

https://www.zoro.com/3m-half-mask-respirator-silicone-gray-hf-802sd/i/G5775455/

https://www.myus.com/benefits/shopping/start-shopping/top-stores/zoro-tools/

kalensc fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 20, 2021

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
What is this regeneron crap? Is it actually good or is it snake oil?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

fosborb posted:

"whatever you want to do"

"whatever you feel is safe"

like yeah I can completely abdicate all responsibility to my children's health just because I want more money I guess. clearly we don't need it and we can coast on her dumb job.

she keeps asking me if I "want" to go back to work and I'm like gently caress NO WHO WANTS TO WORK EVER?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Kunabomber posted:

They're synthetic cloned antibodies injected into a patient. They do help in certain situations but republican governors are pretty much using them like snake oil.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Kunabomber posted:

Monoclonal antibodies. Cool and good when used properly.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

fosborb posted:

lol christ

free dumb from covid

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Schnorkles posted:

Really? I mean I'm as doomy as most of us in here, but, uh, if the vaccine was 100% effective at stopping you from contracting or spreading the virus, I'm pretty sure that only some of the most deep red anti-vax places would have enough people getting Delta to overwhelm hospitals considering that in this hypothetical Delta isn't a concern for anyone who has been vaccinated.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lmao my town is fuuuucked

Arrow is pointing to the mayor. Chuds are getting their kids out of school ASAP to get to the Covid farm

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Kunabomber posted:

it can be good. it's what saved trump and made him go from rushed to hospital with like 89% oxygen back to normal in a weekend

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Gio posted:

what did you transition into

Computer toucher. More money, less stress. Actual vacations. Job ends at the end of the day (there is occasional long hours crunch time for about a week every 3 months, but nothing like grading/planning where the school day ends and you still have to do hours of work to get ready for the next school day, everyday). I have time for my own child and family instead of meeting for two hours after school with admin, other teachers, Timmy, and Timmy’s parents to discuss how we are going to get Timmy to pass the state standardized test (he wasn’t even my student! His normal science teacher was just out on parental leave).

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

like yeah I can completely abdicate all responsibility to my children's health just because I want more money I guess. clearly we don't need it and we can coast on her dumb job.

she keeps asking me if I "want" to go back to work and I'm like gently caress NO WHO WANTS TO WORK EVER?

Say that three times and you summon the ghost of american exceptionalism

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

it can be good. it's what saved trump and made him go from rushed to hospital with like 89% oxygen back to normal in a weekend

I feel like that's 99% percent of the reason it's chud approved. They got to it before the libs did so now it's on "their team".

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Really? I mean I'm as doomy as most of us in here, but, uh, if the vaccine was 100% effective at stopping you from contracting or spreading the virus, I'm pretty sure that only some of the most deep red anti-vax places would have enough people getting Delta to overwhelm hospitals considering that in this hypothetical Delta isn't a concern for anyone who has been vaccinated.

yeah anywhere under around 65% vaccination would have huge problems given the virulence and speed at which you get sick with Delta

It's more the timing and how fast the disease moves.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1428527092866691074

1700 deaths reported today... some of it backlog, but still :stare:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Enough about Covid, Positive Vibrations* Always!

*Vibrations may be due to covid pneumonia

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/nick_ramsey/status/1428542798194741256

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Pulcinella posted:

Computer toucher. More money, less stress. Actual vacations. Job ends at the end of the day (there is occasional long hours crunch time for about a week every 3 months, but nothing like grading/planning where the school day ends and you still have to do hours of work to get ready for the next school day, everyday). I have time for my own child and family instead of meeting for two hours after school with admin, other teachers, Timmy, and Timmy’s parents to discuss how we are going to get Timmy to pass the state standardized test (he wasn’t even my student! His normal science teacher was just out on parental leave).

So this touching of computers....

What does someone actually need to "know", or have "studied", to get such a gig

I can write in qbasic and I have previously disassembled and reassembled a tower to add a cd burner and a whopping 64 megabytes of ram

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zokari posted:

still not sure how we got to the point that 30% of the country has decided that vaccines are evil but antibody infusions are good

Vaccines protect future me. Antibody infusions maybe possibly help current me who is desperately trying not to die oh god I can't breathe help me governor.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I wonder if folks are gonna start kissing the beautiful men and the women in the crowd as a result of regeneron

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1394674549703286791?s=19

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Did the regeneron popup grift just come out of nowhere or was I just unaware of it up until now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Kunabomber posted:

works, but only if you apply it almost immediately after someone is infected

some studies came out saying it and bamlanivimab might not work on delta anymore

so maybe they’re desperate to dump it before everyone confirms it’s useless

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 20, 2021