Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
At this point im just Pro COVID-19, and anti-humanity.

Im picking the winner for once in life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

inferis posted:

because I’m not a loving class traitor

These people would rather die with cheese lung than accept communist healthcare

It’s better to stomp them and keep driving, you can’t find common ground

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I never once pretended it wasn't

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

McNugget Buddy posted:

If anti-vaxers are denying COVID exists on their deathbed NOW, they're not going to change when it mutates to something even more deadly

We need re-education camps, but you can't exactly do that safely during a pandemic

Maybe do it like a Defensive Driving course where you have to sit through 6 hours of online material and answer quizzes in order to keep your health insurance. Or you can skip the course entirely by getting vaccinated and showing proof.

just imagining how angry chuds would be having to answer, and then re-answer when they got anything wrong, 100 pages of

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

people would get the vaccine and stay home if you paid them, but the goal of our government isn’t to end the pandemic it’s to not have it affect number so they won’t

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

I think they can starting on Monday when Pfizer gets greenlit by the FDA.

I would think that means they'll start stocking it in like a month or two. It doesn't seem like this is something doctors had advance notice of, if they're even interested.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Biowarfare posted:

just imagining how angry chuds would be having to answer, and then re-answer when they got anything wrong, 100 pages of

gently caress I thought I just opened my annual corporate compliance bullshit for a second.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

inferis posted:

people would get the vaccine and stay home if you paid them, but the goal of our government isn’t to end the pandemic it’s to not have it affect number so they won’t

I'm sorry I'm far to amused at needless death from my ny penthouse

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hmmm, someone should do something about that

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

McNugget Buddy posted:

America pushed contact-tracing updates to all iOS and Android phones last year and had masks ready to be shipped to everyone in America, but they made every state build its own contact-tracing app (and most never did or took too long for it to be effective) and Jared vetoed the mask mailing

We stared success in the face then said "nah"

Blue hero Fauci was too stupid to understand how surgical masks work let alone n95s and there's been 18 months of complacency about cloth masks while people pretend he was playing 11th dimensional chess to get better masks for hospital workers that never happened either

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/truthout/status/1429503641438679041?s=19

Iverron
May 13, 2012

McNugget Buddy posted:

If anti-vaxers are denying COVID exists on their deathbed NOW, they're not going to change when it mutates to something even more deadly

We need re-education camps, but you can't exactly do that safely during a pandemic

Maybe do it like a Defensive Driving course where you have to sit through 6 hours of online material and answer quizzes in order to keep your health insurance. Or you can skip the course entirely by getting vaccinated and showing proof.

most of this discussion is academic

we aren’t gonna do that, or anything that would truly have an impact and a lot of really dug in stupid people are gonna keep swapping spit at the gently caress n sucks even after the hospitals collapse

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Libs love making fun of stalin but you give them a chance to infect their rivals with a deadly ailment and they have a hard time saying no.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

if only individual efforts could solve the pandemic like every other crisis

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

inferis posted:

I'm pretty curious as to whether the entire nation can really just pretend it isn't happening this time and keep everything open or if so many people will die that tons of places will close simply because the people who work there or live there are dead now. Hundreds of thousands of people are gonna die in the next few months and while there will be no shutdowns, stimulus, or public health measures of any kind taken and schools will remain open, can that really protect number from a half million deaths? I guess we're gonna find out(i assume it will actually make number go up somehow)

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

inferis posted:

And you’ve seen evidence of this in “cut unemployment benefits and git back to work” crowd? These are people on benefits who don’t want government handouts. They want everyone back to work so they can have their morning McCafé and stop seeing “those” people buying Gucci with unemployment benefits.

They’re just stupid.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Asproigerosis posted:

gently caress I thought I just opened my annual corporate compliance bullshit for a second.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It's never a good sign when you have to clarify, but I am NOT in favor of exterminating your political rivals.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

empty whippet box posted:

I'm pretty curious as to whether the entire nation can really just pretend it isn't happening this time and keep everything open or if so many people will die that tons of places will close simply because the people who work there or live there are dead now. Hundreds of thousands of people are gonna die in the next few months and while there will be no shutdowns, stimulus, or public health measures of any kind taken and schools will remain open, can that really protect number from a half million deaths? I guess we're gonna find out(i assume it will actually make number go up somehow)

open biden

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Salt Fish posted:

It's never a good sign when you have to clarify, but I am NOT in favor of exterminating your political rivals.

would've fooled me what with your vaccine advice

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The answer is yes and nobody cared or noticed the other million.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

Libs love making fun of stalin but you give them a chance to infect their rivals with a deadly ailment and they have a hard time saying no.

Is that something Stalin did?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

they don’t have to do anything now at all because number is completely divorced from reality now. what they really don’t want is for people to see that they are the only ones who can end the pandemic so everyone mad at each other is ideal.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Mr Interweb posted:

lol a chud demanding an ever available supply of organs is just too appropriate

:lmao:

https://mynorthwest.com/3087637/rantz-uw-medicine-patient-told-he-must-get-unwanted-covid-vaccine-to-get-his-liver-transplant/

quote:

A fever can be serious for Kovick. If he gets a fever over 100.4, he says doctors tell him to go to an emergency room immediately. In fact, at a vacation just two weeks ago, a high fever from his PSC sent him to the ER.

He’s concerned a high fever will be a side effect of the COVID vaccine, and he doesn’t want to risk it. He’s not anti-vaccine and says he would get one after his procedure. But he does not want the shots before his transplant.

This motherfucker right here... not anti-vax, just "concerned" about the side effects. Vacation though, what could go wrong?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So much money wasted this summer on "happy to return to the office" and "Sucking + loving" ads

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

:same:

:lmao: dude can gently caress off six ways from sunday

i'm just getting WARMED UP :dance:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Motherfucker, it's the only joy I get out of life.

salient
Jan 2, 2021

Insanite posted:

latest death panel podcast feels simpatico with this thread:

https://twitter.com/DeathPanel_/status/1428462333655924741?s=20

lots of angry oster bashing, among other things

"these executive track MD/MPH assholes"

:swoon:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

So much money wasted this summer on "happy to return to the office" and "Sucking + loving" ads

lol i wonder if people working at the marketing agencies are just making both opening and closing ads now to plan for the future

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

oh my god

that dipshit actually said he doesn't think there are any anti-vaxx governors :psyboom:

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Glumwheels posted:

Their god emperor told them last night to get vaccinated and the coward had to walk it back because they booed him. Money won’t work on these people and the remaining anti-vaxxers.

Wait, sorry did this really happen?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fits my needs posted:

lol i wonder if people working at the marketing agencies are just making both opening and closing ads now to plan for the future

I'm sure it will be like how during the Super Bowl they made two sets of "winning" team jerseys

(Love da Mets!

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
i do want to point out that a large problem actually is the fact that you can't just potentially take up several days of paid sick leave with zero consequences after a vaccination for equity, and the free lyft/uber doesn't cut it for underserved communities

you cannot sign up for uber/lyft with prepaid cards, and they will ban you for using prepaid cards due to fraud or refuse signup altogether. you cannot sign up with some of the cheaper phone services or voip due to reused number reputation (entire prepaid phone services are blocked) for fraud. you must have the amount on hand already on the card, enough to cover it - and be able to deal with losing that amount. lyft at least will do a preauth of the entire amount of the ride before the ride starts, and that is already like $50+ for less than single digit miles, god forbid you're anywhere near rural-ish. you will have to be able to take a hit on this not being available balance for days to over a week until the preauth drops off, something that makes it even harder.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Sen. Edward Markey, D-Mass., became alarmed after the Provincetown outbreak and wrote to CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky on July 22, questioning the decision to limit investigation of breakthrough cases. He asked what type of data was being compiled and how it would be shared publicly.

“The American public must be informed of the continued risk posed by COVID-19 and variants, and public health and medical officials, as well as health care providers, must have robust data and information to guide their decisions on public health measures,” the letter said.

Markey asked the agency to respond by Aug. 12. So far the senator has received no reply, and the CDC did not answer ProPublica’s question about it.

"Out of sight, out of mind!"

:abuela:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
This is the result of making health care a customer service focused industry in america. Patient autonomy was a mistake.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Greg Legg posted:

Wait, sorry did this really happen?

Yup Trump bragged about his success in making big beautiful vaccines in 9 months! and the crowd booed him.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

No hope for Canada lol. We're gonna lib it up until we all die

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Judakel posted:

would've fooled me what with your vaccine advice

Hey shithead - take your goons.xlsx spreadsheet and shove it up your rear end. I took 2 months off posting because people were following me around the forum bugging me about J&J posts I made in like September 2020. I'm sorry you have brain damage and can't understand that delta didn't exist back then. Seriously go gently caress yourself and add me to your ignore list because I'm not going to stop posting.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Conservative radio host Dinah Ondalibs has just passed away today from multiple liver failure and pneumonia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
P.S I know the first thing you're going to do after reading this is to look up my post history and try to prove how cool you are, so please know in advance that you have a disease and gently caress you.