Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I'd buy 2, 3, and 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Yeah I'd buy one. Any of the designs are fine with me based on descriptions.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm probably in for all 4. Maybe 3 the least likely

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
all, but 3 especially.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Absolutely up for all 4

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
Same

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Crumps Brother posted:

1 & 4 for me. Those sound pretty great.
Same, 1 and 4.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
got 1 and 2 in patch form but only do Gi once a week, would buy!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Id get 1, 2 & 4

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds to me like there's interest enough in each to put a bit more effort into this project. The one with the least interest so far - Oildome FC - still has enough to be worth the effort of doing setup.

The next step is to get concept art up and discuss designs (e.g. deciding if we want the SAGK logo on a white or black rashguard) and once we've chosen designs we'll send the images off to a supplier for setup/estimate. DRJ and Mr Numbers have been helping me with this a little bit with advice re: suppliers and shipping, so we'll spend a bit of time looking into that, too. At that point I can get size charts and we can find out if we need to be uniform in short sleeve/long sleeve etc, and I'll work out rough shipping cost estimates to various countries. I might do something like round shipping costs up to the nearest $5 to subsidize the cost of shipping to far flung places so nobody has to pay $40 to get two gag rashguards sent across the pacific.

Finally I'm pretty trusting, and being out a the cost of a rashguard here or there isn't going to make or break me, so I probably won't ask people to send any money til late in the game - definitely not before I have a physical product in hand. Even then I'll probably self-dox to one or two forum members just for the sake of accountability (at least one person who responded in this thread knows enough about who I am and where I train to be able at least to get in touch with my head instructor and track me down).

Looking forward to this stupid project!

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Definitely voting for black on SAGK, I'm agnostic RE: sleeve length, am also happy to pay up-front to help defray some costs/risks to you for taking this on.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
The hero we needed, not the hero we deserved.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I prefer long sleeve rashguard because that's what I want in no gi, which is also when I'll most be able to show these off. If the overwhelming concesus is short sleeve I'll still buy them.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I also prefer long sleeves

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Long sleeves are great even in the gi imo.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Sleeve length isn't a deal-breaker for me, I've just come to prefer short sleeves for no-gi lately. It literally would not influence my buying decision one way or the other.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

i prefer long but i can do short just fine. happy to advance pay as well.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

short sleeve, black imo but don't care too much either way

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
1 and 2, black short-sleeve preferred but not necessary.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Is there anyone who would prefer white for sagk?

When we do the setup I'll get info for short/long sleeve

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I'd' just do 1 but long sleeves preferred

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

CommonShore posted:

Is there anyone who would prefer white for sagk?

I imagine white will make the flag stand out better but it's hard for me to want a white rashguard because I'm afraid it will stain?

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I imagine white will make the flag stand out better but it's hard for me to want a white rashguard because I'm afraid it will stain?

can confirm. my only rash guard that has white on it is covered in blood stains.

EDIT - maybe that's not fair though, i might not have washed it quick enough after that particular incident.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

That just instills a healthy sense of fear

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

well for SAGK we could do something where it's a black rashguard with a white circle and the logo inside of that, too. I think that it's just hte total number of colours that makes the difference, and it already has black on it so

Can't do much more until we have image files to work with, and we'll share those once we have them.

sivad
Feb 28, 2005

1, 2, 4; dark colors (not a dealbreaker); long or 3/4 sleeves (not a dealbreaker).

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

1, short sleeve: but I can't guarantee a purchase

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I would prefer longsleeve.

I also think darker rash guards are better than white ones.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
longsleeve all day. Darker colors the better

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

CommonShore posted:

Hey is anyone interested in custom goon rashguards designed by goons?

There are four designs that we're batting around (with artists' blessings) -

1) SOUTH AMERICAN GROUND KARATE - probably a white rashguard with a green/black/yellow design on it.

2) REAP KNEES FOR SATAN - black rashguard with white design.

3) OILDOME FC - being designed presently, based on the classic johnson & johnson baby oil bottle, probably a mix of powder pink, baby blue, and white.

4) INTERNET TOP TEAM - being designed presently - a parody of the American Top Team logo except the centre is Beavis, in a gi, sitting at a computer with youtube on screen. Probably black rashguard with white line art.

Right now the plan is that we'll order dye sublimated long-sleeve rashguards through my gym's supplier (an Indian company - I own some of their products already), which if we're doing small-ish runs will cost about CA$25 per item, though that plan could change. If enough people are interested in any given design, we (probably I) will order them and then reship them to you at cost+reshipping.

Do we have enough general interest in any of these designs to put more thought and action into the project? If so, we'll post image mockups before we start taking names.

Reap knees for Satan! Pleeeease! :D Short sleeve preferably

edit: BTW all those ideas are fire

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

butros posted:

Definitely voting for black on SAGK, I'm agnostic RE: sleeve length, am also happy to pay up-front to help defray some costs/risks to you for taking this on.

Same.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

I just saw today that Craig Jones and the B-Team are referring to their style as "Mexican Ground Karate."

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

FreakyMetalKid posted:

I just saw today that Craig Jones and the B-Team are referring to their style as "Mexican Ground Karate."

there's only several reasons for this. one of which i'll believe.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

They’re scared of me, obvs. I might use my cool jiujitsu moves on ‘em

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Competing at pans today, hope I don't go one and done 😄

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Jerome Louis posted:

Good luck!

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Jerome Louis posted:

gl;hf!

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Got 2nd in my division and went 1-1 in the absolute, lost to the dude who got gold. Overall had a lot of fun but honestly the best part of this stuff is hanging out with my teammates

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Good work, Jerome Louis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Jerome Louis posted:

Got 2nd in my division and went 1-1 in the absolute, lost to the dude who got gold. Overall had a lot of fun but honestly the best part of this stuff is hanging out with my teammates

Good work! Having fun is a very important part of competing.