Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

they all believe that china is lying about their numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Delta-Wye posted:

...abort... the kids, you say? well ok then

i’m liberal, but I hate cancel culture (abortion)

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
something is weird that florida dumped their backlog on monday. they haven't done that for like a month now, they usually do it tuesday. maybe it's nothing or maybe they have even more backlog to dump tomorrow

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

something is weird that florida dumped their backlog on monday. they haven't done that for like a month now, they usually do it tuesday. maybe it's nothing or maybe they have even more backlog to dump tomorrow

one weird trick to get 0 covid cases by buffer overflowing them to hospitalizations

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Bone Crimes posted:

i was reading this and felt a crack in my head. H2O2 and iodine? why not isopropyl alcohol and sirracha too?

someone should do h2o2 and manganese dioxide, for the clout

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Sad Billionaire posted:

I made this as a joke and then right as I finished I realized the only difference between this and an actual anti-vaxx meme is that it hasn't been artifacted to poo poo by facebook

Lmao. Poor Jesus.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

i'm an idiot, of course they already called China a hermit kingdom months ago
https://twitter.com/business/status/1400797262977064965?s=20

they want americans to celebrate our loss to the disease by acting like its a competitive advantage lol

Otter_Sauce
Mar 2, 2019

~Yikes~

Imao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

i'm an idiot, of course they already called China a hermit kingdom months ago

at least it wasn't "you can't make a country go back to being Edo-period Japan!" like I read yesterday

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
only biden could close China

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
this is the top story on cnn right now: https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/24/politics/anthony-fauci-timeline-covid-joe-biden/index.html

quote:

(CNN)President Joe Biden just got some deeply unwelcome news: The pandemic that he was elected to end could drag on deep into a midterm election year, with all the political and economic destruction that could bring.

The warning by the government's top infectious diseases expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, that the crisis won't be under control until spring of next year -- and even then, it will need most American vaccine skeptics to change their minds -- came as a severe jolt to a weary nation.

It also meant that Biden's best-laid plans of triumphing over the pandemic and riding an economic wave into the campaign for congressional election results in November next year now look at risk.

A pandemic that stretches through another grim winter and beyond risks slowing the economic recovery on which Biden is relying for a strong performance next year. It could demoralize the public and trigger the kind of sour mood among the electorate that always spells danger for incumbents. Already, the President's personal approval ratings and public confidence in his management of the pandemic have been ebbing, according to recent NBC and CBS polls.

Biden's partial declaration of victory over the virus on July Fourth looks highly premature -- as do earlier US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention relaxations of mask guidance.

"As we get into the spring, we could start getting back to a degree of normality, namely reassuming the things that we were hoping we could do -- restaurants, theaters, that kind of thing," Fauci told CNN's Anderson Cooper.

lmao fauci is going to break everyone's brains. he's saying in very clear terms that this poo poo is off the rails for at least 6 more months.

and loving laffo that he says "maybe restaurants and theaters will be back next spring".... buddy, they ain't closing ever again. is fauci living in some delusional boomer world where he thinks all that stuff is closed down again?

LMAO

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

this is the top story on cnn right now: https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/24/politics/anthony-fauci-timeline-covid-joe-biden/index.html

lmao fauci is going to break everyone's brains. he's say in very clear terms that this poo poo is off the rails for at least 6 more months.

and loving laffo that he says "maybe restaurants and theaters will be back next spring".... buddy, they ain't closing every again. is fauci living in some delusional boomer world where he thinks all that stuff is closed down again?

LMAO

Only what like 12% of workers were working remotely in July? poo poo's over, the virus won.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

nice. after the 500 drop in hospitalization yesterday, today made up for it and then some.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the Philippine General Hospital just announced that they're turning away all patients now because they're completely maxed out on ICU beds, oxygen, and ventilators

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
I'm so loving crack-pinged.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/08/23/national/summer-break-schools-reopening-measures/

quote:

Japan weighs how to reopen schools amid delta's dominance
lol

quote:

During the summer break, which normally runs from late July to late August, there has been a surge in clusters of infections among children during club activities and at cram schools. In Tokyo, for example, 14.3% of new cases between Aug. 10 and Aug. 16 were among those age 19 or younger, up from 8.2% between March 23 and March 29, which is typically during the spring holiday.
lmao

quote:

For now, the Suga administration has come up with voluntary COVID-19 countermeasures, including asking students to stay at home if they have signs of flu and to maintain 2 meters of space between seats as much as possible in areas with the highest infection risks.

The education ministry is reluctant to issue a blanket nationwide school closure, similar to the measures it took last year at the beginning of the pandemic.
Back to school kids! Into the COVID mines! Starting from next week, so it's basically decided.

Japan, look, in school as in life you're supposed to copy from the best not the WORST .. i.e. America...

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Covid outbreak at the school shooting training one of my elementary schools was hosting.

surely this must be peak america

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kreeblah posted:

It'd be fun if China were to do something like change their trade/travel regulations to only accept imports or visitors from places that have effectively eliminated COVID (and then also quarantine the gently caress out of them, just in case). Overnight, we'd have the people juicing Number demanding we do whatever it takes to get our cases down in order to not miss out on that Chinese consumer cash that they think is going to start flowing their way any day now.

nah they'd declare that china is dooming themselves to irrelevancy and foolishly trying to turn back globalization and that xi is showing his true colors as a communist by turning china into north korea

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
poo poo is going to get so wild and off the rails this week and next. we're smashing into the worst hospitalization numbers ever, but the entire country is open and schools are opening too. last time we were this bad like every blue state was hard locked down with restaurants closed entirely. red states and such even hard limited restaurant hours.

now it's just wide open biden. even once they realize how bad and how hosed things are getting it will be impossible to turn this ship around without weeks more of increasing cases, hospitalizations, deaths, etc. and that assumes they have the balls to put in harder lockdowns like closing restaurants--which fauci seems to assume will happen in his remarks

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

mod sassinator posted:

poo poo is going to get so wild and off the rails this week and next. we're smashing into the worst hospitalization numbers ever, but the entire country is open and schools are opening too. last time we were this bad like every blue state was hard locked down with restaurants closed entirely. red states and such even hard limited restaurant hours.

now it's just wide open biden. even once they realize how bad and how hosed things are getting it will be impossible to turn this ship around without weeks more of increasing cases, hospitalizations, deaths, etc. and that assumes they have the balls to put in harder lockdowns like closing restaurants--which fauci seems to assume will happen in his remarks
also R0 is like twice as high now

lol, lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

all i can tell you is that california isnt locking poo poo down until after the recall election is over, and if gavin loses it isnt locking poo poo down at all

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

i'm sure it's not that bad, if it was then someone would be doing something right?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

all i can tell you is that california isnt locking poo poo down until after the recall election is over, and if gavin loses it isnt locking poo poo down at all

if gavin loses it will probably start banning mask mandates and suing la and sf for testing children because that is the mark of the beast

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

i'm sure it's not that bad, if it was then someone would be doing something right?

yeah china, taiwan, nz are doing something is that not someone

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

now it's just wide open biden.

open widen

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
just had a flash of clarity where i understood that the rest of my life is posting "heh, this is just like in [post-apocalyptic movie]", until the power goes out

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

lmao it loving rules, poo poo owns bones

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mola Yam posted:

just had a flash of clarity where i understood that the rest of my life is posting "heh, this is just like in [post-apocalyptic movie]", until the power goes out

"idiocracy was a documentary" scratched into the walls of a decaying building

Iverron
May 13, 2012

mod sassinator posted:

lmao fauci is going to break everyone's brains. he's saying in very clear terms that this poo poo is off the rails for at least 6 more months.

and loving laffo that he says "maybe restaurants and theaters will be back next spring".... buddy, they ain't closing ever again. is fauci living in some delusional boomer world where he thinks all that stuff is closed down again?

LMAO

seems like a good time to make another Costco run

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

"As we get into the spring, we could start getting back to a degree of normality, namely reassuming the things that we were hoping we could do -- restaurants, theaters, that kind of thing," Fauci told CNN's Anderson Cooper.

but this never stopped?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Biowarfare posted:

but this never stopped?

wait are we supposed to not go to restaurants or movie theaters?? i'm pretty sure everyone in power has been saying we can just keep doing whatever we want with no modifications and that hospitals filling up and enormous outbreaks are just unrelated things that we can be sad about but are unpreventable

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Shiroc posted:

I have more respect for people who just say they don't give a poo poo about covid than the libs who build up rules lawyering delusions to tell themselves that they are actually Being Safe.

Not much for either but I give credit to people who are honest about what they are because its easier to know what they'll do.

Old post, but I agree and I think it’s because the antivaxxers are easier to get real information out of. When “have you been being smart” is answered with “gently caress no, that shits made up,” you have absolutely all the information you could possibly need about how safe it is to deal with this person.

When somebody says “oh yeah I’m super safe” and then lets it drop that they’re taking it seriously because they’ve had covid twice and that’s why they were wearing a surgical mask even when they didn’t have to last week when they were in Vegas, you’re looking at a lot of extra exposure time that the chud response would’ve saved you.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

mod sassinator posted:

LMAO

isn't it mostly just killing chuds at this point? why would biden care? those people were never voting for him

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

okay which one of you was this

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gay picnic defence posted:

isn't it mostly just killing chuds at this point? why would biden care? those people were never voting for him

it's also killing chil... - *puts hand to earpiece, is informed kids can't vote* -

... hmmm

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Pilot steps out of the cockpit with his parachute on, says, "If everything goes well, we should be able to stop crashing next spring."

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Biowarfare posted:

yeah china, taiwan, nz are doing something is that not someone

Australia is still trying too, and half the country has still been covid free for 1.5 years. Luckily our extremely dumb prime minister has no control over individual states in public health or state border security issues.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

quote:

are we christening Fauci Units here

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

"idiocracy was a documentary wildly optimistic" scratched into the walls of a decaying building

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

gay picnic defence posted:

no LA, Seattle, etc. data show about 25-30% of cases in last month are vaccine breakthroughs. And Boston data showed of vaccine breakthroughs we still see 6-10% need to be hospitalized, and about 1.5% die. The vaccines help but they are really hamstrung by delta and waning effectiveness. There are plenty of fully vaccinated deaths to come if transmission stays at ridiculous levels like now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Never stop wearing your respirators, comrades.