Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

gradenko_2000 posted:

"idiocracy was a documentary" scratched into the walls of a decaying building

with that statement scratched out and replaced by "actually the government in Idiocracy was unrealistically competent"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

the siren song of horse dewormer claims yet another grifter:

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

slippery doc posted:

with that statement scratched out and replaced by "actually the government in Idiocracy was unrealistically competent"

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So gonna Max my Titers and get my booster next week just two questions;
1. Where have goons been going besides CVS? Anything I should know?
2. I’ve never had to worry about this before but Doctor Patient Privilege is a real thing and applies here right? I don’t like lying to doctors so I probably will let mine know I got a third jab if it ever comes up.

EDIT: In addition to the mask information from the old OP, which was loving fantastic, maybe we should have a guide to maxing your titers in the OP too?

RoboChrist 9000 fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Aug 24, 2021

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Soap Scum posted:

okay which one of you was this

Maximiliano Titers

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Uh I would not call massive lines a good thing six months after the rest of the developed world got ample supply

https://twitter.com/VCOSS/status/1430051966126739457?s=19

That's where I was vaccinated. The line snakes around just as long inside as well.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmaooooooo

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao
prevent your population from geting covid!? how dare you

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stairmaster posted:

i gave into panic and bought a 3m respirator
you're not giving in, you're surviving
get the gently caress in :getin:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Uh I would not call massive lines a good thing six months after the rest of the developed world got ample supply

it's the same kind of stupid journalism brain when it comes to elections and polling stations: long lines = look at how many people want to do this! rather than reflecting that a long line means the processing isn't happening fast enough

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Apparently "hard lockdown" means different things in different places. Looking at you, Woollongong
https://twitter.com/EmmaVitz/status/1429965937772429314?s=19

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What is the first thing I do after buying a half mask respirator?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

VomitOnLino posted:

I'm so loving crack-pinged.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/08/23/national/summer-break-schools-reopening-measures/

lol

lmao

Back to school kids! Into the COVID mines! Starting from next week, so it's basically decided.

Japan, look, in school as in life you're supposed to copy from the best not the WORST .. i.e. America...
lmao welp

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Fix posted:

What is the first thing I do after buying a half mask respirator?
put it on
seal check it
never take it off
shame all people within your social circles, acquaintances, family members, etc
survive

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Tzen posted:

seal check it

Explain.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Fix posted:

Explain.

Tzen posted:

on your 2. point, i had that feeling at first and then i tightened the straps that go around the crown of my head, it took all the pressure off my nose and i don't get that sliding sensation anymore

if you exhale normally and if doesn't pop off, you have a good seal check
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5enXbWq5zs&t=28s

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fix posted:

Explain.

1. cover the exhaust port with your hand, and exhale. if you have a good seal, the mask's edges should "puff up" against your skin as the escaping air has nowhere to go. If the seal is bad, the air will escape through there and it'll hiss out - that's a sign that you need to tighten or otherwise adjust the mask to fit your face correctly

2. push the two cartridges inwards with your hands, and inhale. if you have a good seal, you shouldn't be able to inhale anything, because the only way for air to get in is through the cartridge, except you've cut them off when you pushed them in. If the seal is bad, air will get in through somewhere. Again, that's a sign that you need to adjust your mask to get it to seal properly

you have to do this every time you don the respirator

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

gently caress yeah. Good talk. Stay on it.

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 24, 2021

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's the same kind of stupid journalism brain when it comes to elections and polling stations: long lines = look at how many people want to do this! rather than reflecting that a long line means the processing isn't happening fast enough

Yeah they just announced 450k jabs for the 2 million over 18s that will just become eligible tomorrow. Word got out that the exhibition centre started a day early though so that's just the pre-panic queue.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
My new source of sick amusement is product reviews on tractor supply websites.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

VomitOnLino posted:

I'm so loving crack-pinged.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/08/23/national/summer-break-schools-reopening-measures/

lol

lmao

Back to school kids! Into the COVID mines! Starting from next week, so it's basically decided.

Japan, look, in school as in life you're supposed to copy from the best not the WORST .. i.e. America...

The real Japanese culture:
Step 1: Incompetence or corruption happens
Step 2: Covering up step 1 as much as possible
Step 3: Apologize without any real punishment when step 2 finally fails
Step 4: Return to step 1

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Vietgal1/status/1429713684960464896
lol what is this government action??
gently caress off gimme some of this
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1429964225426956290

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Palladium posted:

You don't know how right you are.
I feel kinda bad for saying that as an immigrant to the country, but at the same time I guess the truth is the truth.

Sometimes they go to Step 2 immediately: Because for the Olympics opening ceremony they chose shithog after shithog, causing scandal after scandal they simply decided to simply not tell the press or the people who they chose to feature for the Paralympic opening ceremony which by the way is today. lmao

Edit: I mean let's see for the Olympics they had:
- A dude who said an obese woman should dress up as "Olympig" because you know she's fat and also female
- A dude who literally said on international TV: "the women talk too drat much, there shouldn't be any more women on the Olympic committee, it will make the meetings too long."
- A dude who said - again in public and without pressure that he enjoyed torturing the disabled and disadvantaged
- A dude who made an holocaust joke insinuating that Jews kinda aren't people

I probably forgot at least two. lol

VomitOnLino fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Aug 24, 2021

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lmao holy loving poo poo

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Tzen posted:

lol what is this government action??

Vietnam is an extremely cool and good place.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

https://twitter.com/VCOSS/status/1430051966126739457?s=19

That's where I was vaccinated. The line snakes around just as long inside as well.

That looks like one hell of a superspreader event.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

this is good news

right?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Delta-Wye posted:

this is good news

right?

:coronatoot:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Delta-Wye posted:

this is good news

right?

yeah it’s 1312 people who can never test positive for covid again.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

slinkimalinki posted:

Apparently "hard lockdown" means different things in different places. Looking at you, Woollongong
https://twitter.com/EmmaVitz/status/1429965937772429314?s=19

fake post, there's no way a real location could possibly be named Woollongong

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

We're going to need a Matthew McConaughey :eyepop: for the winter

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Palladium posted:

Step 0: General population doesn't pay attention or give a gently caress.
(based off of relatives experience)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Filthy Hans posted:

fake post, there's no way a real location could possibly be named Woollongong

i went there for a conference once, it has a non-trash university.

VomitOnLino posted:

- A dude who said an obese woman should dress up as "Olympig" because you know she's fat and also female
- A dude who literally said on international TV: "the women talk too drat much, there shouldn't be any more women on the Olympic committee, it will make the meetings too long."
- A dude who said - again in public and without pressure that he enjoyed torturing the disabled and disadvantaged

it's cool that non-english speaking countries listen to cumtown

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Stereotype posted:

yeah it’s 1312 people who can never test positive for covid again.

We're on "It's good for bitcoin" logic, I see.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

VomitOnLino posted:

I feel kinda bad for saying that as an immigrant to the country, but at the same time I guess the truth is the truth.

Sometimes they go to Step 2 immediately: Because for the Olympics opening ceremony they chose shithog after shithog, causing scandal after scandal they simply decided to simply not tell the press or the people who they chose to feature for the Paralympic opening ceremony which by the way is today. lmao

Bilibili (China's Youtube) has an entire channel dedicated to the latest Japanese scandals using Japan's own source material, and a quarter of them are about screwing up vaccine shots lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Palladium posted:

Some years ago I went to a talk by that one Tokyo University professor that got briefly famous for posting Fukushima updates. And the one point that really stuck in my memory was how much the government had to be dragged kicking and screaming into measuring anything. Apparently if you don't look it can't be your fault. Apparently they apply the same philosophy to the pandemic and testing.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol communism proving itself again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

VomitOnLino posted:

I guess everyone with half a brain found an excuse not to be associated with that poo poo-show.