Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

GIRL BRAINS posted:

My boss just told me that people are dying from complications of the covid vaccine, more than any vaccine in history, and the cdc is only recording 1 percent of them. I asked him where he was getting this from and he just defaulted to ' can't really trust anything you read tho, everything is so political' Like cmon man at least commit to having beef brain

well now you know that your boss just openly lies to your face

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

cr0y posted:

Max Titers update: got Pfizer 3 yesterday at 5pm, not a single side effect today other than a sore arm. Worst of it yesterday was kinda feverish and just a bit bleh until bedtime and that was the end of it, A++++ would boost again.

please keep this thread going after youre the only poster left alive

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

America is Back

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Stereotype posted:

well now you know that your boss just openly lies to your face

It's not a lie if he believes it. And I'd say it's cognitive dissonance, but people taking that stance regarding the vaccine don't seem to have enough cognition to feel dissonance.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

zegermans posted:

Question: I have a bunch of those stupid pouch N95s. Would I compromise the filtering efficiency if I drew on them to make them look like I was a duck

if you color the whole thing yellow maybe

just draw nose holes

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

smoobles posted:

please keep this thread going after youre the only poster left alive

I'm gonna killdozer my motorhome and drive across the country, invading people's houses and seeing what weird poo poo they have.

My personaly favorite lately are the chuds that are convinced "we" are targeting the unvaccinated with covid. Like...you are so close dude, come on, you can do it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Covok posted:

It's going to be peak CENTRISM when both sides refuse to extend unemployment causing a turbo loving where some poors become full destitute out of self preservation and tank the economy due a cliff in consumer spending, triggering a worldwide recession, and the other half return to work out of desperation and there is mass death that rivals the holocaust...also triggering a recession but with way more death and innocents lost.

Guess which outcome politicans will be more concerned with?

Unemployment ends on sept 6th and sept 11th, for federal extended claims.

i'm gonna get kicked off UI on 9/11 when we hit a 9/11 worth of covid deaths.

lol

lmao

i'm lmaoing because if i start crying, i won't stop.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Lastgirl posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1430701525047906306

something something covid parable

uhh, excuse me, from my extensive collection of Dinotopia, I have learned to live with dinosaurs, have you?

its always been mammals vs dinos, its why I eat chicken and turkey but not cow or pig. we gotta keep those feathery diminutive dinos down or they'll get ideas about taking over again

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Stereotype posted:

i bet a bunch of the people who just suffocated to death are veterans

We don't care about veterans tho

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

uhh, excuse me, from my extensive collection of Dinotopia, I have learned to live with dinosaurs, have you?

t rex is endemic now. it's no use getting rid of them. learn to live with the t rex.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
only a couple weeks of oxygen left to treat water in orlando area: https://www.wftv.com/news/local/orange-county/couple-weeks-supply-liquid-oxygen-treat-your-homes-water-left/7W4ZB5QODBAYXKKRFUK7GF2NPM/

quote:

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — The clock is ticking.

OUC and Winter Park Utilities are still running short of the liquid oxygen they need to treat their water supply to homes and businesses. They told us they still have about a two-week supply of the product. But without it, residents could be forced to boil their water because the utilities can not guarantee the water would be safe.

The liquid oxygen is being used to help treat critically ill COVID-19 patients in local hospitals, so suppliers are diverting their deliveries.

Both utilities starting sending a new round of robocalls to customers on Wednesday after not experiencing significant water use drops since Friday when they first issued the call for customers to conserve non-essential water use.

lmao disney and such are going to be boiling water in a few weeks

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

dinosaurs do live among us ahhhh

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Atrocious Joe posted:

t rex is endemic now. it's no use getting rid of them. learn to live with the t rex.

more kids die of the flu than t rex attacks each year. listen i know 10 kids getting mauled and torn asunder sounds horrible, but it's really not bad and we just have to live with it. we can't close schools, we can't fight back the dino attacks on them

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

cr0y posted:

I'm gonna killdozer my motorhome and drive across the country, invading people's houses and seeing what weird poo poo they have.

My personaly favorite lately are the chuds that are convinced "we" are targeting the unvaccinated with covid. Like...you are so close dude, come on, you can do it.

They won't get there. Half of them are walking just-world-fallacies and the other half are just animate spite. It'd require a personality change starting at the cornerstones of their beings for them to realize COVID isn't "targeting" people or "being brought in by illegals" or whatever the conspiracy-du-jour is on how it spreads and is, in fact, just a virus doing virus things.

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

dinos were made in a lab

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i bet dino dewormer is some seriously good poo poo though

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo - Moderna 3rd dose data dropped and I missed it - titer measurements were taken 2 weeks after the 3rd dose

https://twitter.com/sa_redmond/status/1423343553946669057

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

it better come in apple flavor

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

mod sassinator posted:

that is one big pile of rope worm

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I loving need more titers in my life.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

people looking for societal collapse just remember

Your already in it. It's not exciting. It's never exciting. Hollywood lied to you. It's just everything getting really lovely while the authorities refuse to do anything. There will be no endemic violence. They will be no cathartic detonations of the powers that be. just everything getting worse in the most boring way possible until a group from outside the power structures kicks things over

you will not notice it when they do. it will simply look like the rational next step in everything else that happened. trmp

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
qualified for my cc permit while wearing my respirator today. even the old marine running the show didnt give me poo poo lmao

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Agean90 posted:

Your already in it. It's not exciting. It's never exciting. Hollywood lied to you. It's just everything getting really lovely while the authorities refuse to do anything. There will be no endemic violence. They will be no cathartic detonations of the powers that be. just everything getting worse in the most boring way possible until a group from outside the power structures kicks things over

you will not notice it when they do. it will simply look like the rational next step in everything else that happened. trmp

:coolzone:

stone soup posted:

qualified for my cc permit while wearing my respirator today. even the old marine running the show didnt give me poo poo lmao
well yeah you were holding a gun

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Agean90 posted:

sir this is a wendys drive through, and i regret to inform you we are closed due to staff shortages, contaminated beef, and a boil water advisory in our area

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

mastershakeman posted:

My kids fold up/down kf94 keeps getting put on wrong at school and the teacher won't help him, sweet

So have to decide between this or a simple cloth one. Best case might be a 94 insert for a cloth if my kindergartener can't figure it out

KN95 is easier to understand how to put on

raisin kane
Dec 26, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

a silent majority of americans can't wait to return to being chased around an industrial kitchen by velociraptors

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

the jack in the box near me tried to play off the supply issues with half the items on the drive thru menu covered with "so good we ran out"

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
Just came to post that Governor Pritzker looks like what would happen if you jacked up the content aware scale on Governor Desantis. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I remember when Jurassic Park used to mean something!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I joined an Invermectin group on FB and it's every bit as real as the media is portraying.

I've been replying encouraging people to take it rectally. I'm sure Facebook will ban me for this (but not ban the group)

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So, uh, I got my second dose of Moderna on April 28th. As I said earlier in this thread, I had plans - an appointment already - to Max my Titers on this coming monday. In light of that news and how efficacious Moderna still is... should I keep the appointment? I assume yes, but if it falls through (I was able to get this one using my real name, and just 'I don't know' for some some of the more pointed questions) should I bother trying to make another new appt (and fake naming it)

EDIT: Nevermind I'm illiterate. That's Moderna booster. Derp.

RoboChrist 9000 fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 26, 2021

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ugh now I have to get my second (4th) Pfizer to keep up with Chad moderna 3

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Lastgirl posted:

i've decided marriage is antiquated

"learn to live with my spouse??? im already learnin to live with covid", i type then hittin submit on my fb page to farm likes from boomers yukking this up

I'm not one to suggest people go out and get married, but it's been helpful having someone with similar cracked brain during the pandemic who gets it

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There has to be a term for this poo poo wherein a thing isn't real unless it happens directly to them.

Conservatism

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Hollismason posted:

Wait are you not suppose to be taking Zinc? I take Zinc on a daily basis. I forget why but I have these easy disolve 50mg Zinc tablets

just stay away from nasal spray zinc, it might cause you to lose your sense of smell

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20100719/study-links-zinc-nose-sprays-loss-smell

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Lastgirl posted:

ngl a Jurassic Park movie of dinosaurs getting loose in America, reproducing at great numbers due to lab science, and just becoming a way of American nature sounds awesome. But the Jurassic World movies suck so outlook not so good.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So, uh, I got my second dose of Moderna on April 28th. As I said earlier in this thread, I had plans - an appointment already - to Max my Titers on this coming monday. In light of that news and how efficacious Moderna still is... should I keep the appointment? I assume yes, but if it falls through (I was able to get this one using my real name, and just 'I don't know' for some some of the more pointed questions) should I bother trying to make another new appt (and fake naming it)

The boost would give you a couple months of ludicrous amounts of antibodies coursing through you while delta runs rampant which may be actually sterizling. I'd keep it but plan on it knocking you on your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

cr0y posted:

The boost would give you a couple months of ludicrous amounts of antibodies coursing through you while delta runs rampant which may be actually sterizling. I'd keep it but plan on it knocking you on your rear end.

Yeah, I misread the data.