Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

triple sulk posted:

michigan is basically a southern state

hey!!!! thats not true!

*looks around up north, sees a gently caress BIDEN flag, next to a Confederate flag, that is actually half "blue lives matter*

*puts away teh most segregated state in the country trophy. . *

*home of Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, and many who think just like them*

*flint basically poisoned and everybody basically laughed at them*

*previous governor mocked people when a devastating flood happened*

our governor got to hangout with biden and do cherry stuff tho :)

oh and at one time...Wayne county was one of the only counties in the United States where it was actually cheaper to buy than rent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Asproigerosis posted:

6 of the patients in the ER right now are covid kids under the age of 10.

Just the flu kids are immune

fr?

drat. RIP kids

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

we don't have any approved treatments

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Jesus Christ no one in this thread needs to lose their poo poo, get you and all your loved ones the booster and hunker down. You'll live.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Stereotype posted:

we're all in this together

"You're in this with me!" - Idaho

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

McNugget Buddy posted:

They're just going to use prison labor to staff all the service jobs for $2.00/hour

Small business owners will be thrilled

social murder and slave labor, this demon cracker nation

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Asproigerosis posted:

I worked at five guys in high school in hockessin, which is has a billion mushroom farms along with all of southeastern chester county in pa. The mushrooms in the store were from India and the mediterranean born manager was always screaming about it why are we buying mushrooms from loving India when we wake up every morning to all that poo poo smell from the mushroom farms across the street!!

moved away but i miss the poop smell on foggy nights

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
This is the culling you will get covid and only those with good brain from their dad will be allowed to continue in trumps america.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

we don't have any approved treatments

is the french version better

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

"You're in this with me!" - Idaho

Why is Idaho so crazy anyway? Do potatoes bring out man's baser instincts?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Aurubin posted:

nah, its the western distrust of federal government that mostly has to do with water rights and public land use.

ask me whatever idaho questions you like i am a font of knowledge

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Aurubin posted:

It's mormons and racists but I repeat myself.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Aurubin posted:

Because they grow 'em dumb as poo poo here.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Shear Modulus posted:

is the french version better

c'est bon-mectin

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

this too

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
what's with all of the LA cops "retiring" to be cops in Idaho though?

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1430666430949773316

:agreed:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

nah, its the western distrust of federal government that mostly has to do with water rights and public land use.

ask me whatever idaho questions you like i am a font of knowledge

is the reason you moved there because you thought the potatoes were giant turds

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

the potato is a profoundly asexual fruit

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

the potato is a profoundly asexual fruit

it's a tuber you rube.

and round these parts we gently caress the tubers.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

mod sassinator posted:

when CDC was full masks off I loving loved all the chuds that came out of the woodwork to say they love the CDC and have always assiduously followed their guidance from day one. i'm sure they'll follow this too:
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1430969610845753348

They’re just going to double down and kee using it and force it on their chud families lmfao

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Asproigerosis posted:

This is the culling you will get covid and only those with good brain from their dad will be allowed to continue in trumps america.

It's called good genes!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

what's with all of the LA cops "retiring" to be cops in Idaho though?

hard to hire cops here because wages kinda suck but if you have a bunch of money from selling a small house in California you can buy a nice house and buy a bunch of toys and basically never have to deal with actual crime unless you're in Boise so you just get to be racist and harass wtf you want

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

cr0y posted:

Jesus Christ no one in this thread needs to lose their poo poo, get you and all your loved ones the booster and hunker down. You'll live.

Some of us live in countries that aren't doing boosters yet and have an actual functioning way to check vaccine status

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I dont comment often on thread titles but when I do....

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

man for thanksgiving and Christmas I cooked 30 take-home dinners and left them on my porch for friends to pick up and eat at home so that they wouldn’t go visit their parents and kill them and then we did zoom parties together

I can’t believe I’m gonna do that again this year

and this time you'll probably make some of them mad by doing it

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

apatheticman posted:

Some of us live in countries that aren't doing boosters yet and have an actual functioning way to check vaccine status

Ok that's fair

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

also a racist cult in the north-middle part

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'm curious what data you have on long term covid symptoms that can be serious and debilitating. I'm not sure how you can measure that after not even two years. In any case, you'd have a tough time convincing me that the miniscule amount of children affected in that way would outweigh the psychological effects from school and government policies enacted in the past year plus.

You also claim the outcomes of the Delta variant are worse for kids... but provided no facts or data.

There is a lot of speculation and opinion in your comment here. The post shared actual facts with a real source. I prefer facts over speculation.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Excellent thread title

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Stereotype posted:

in the time since i made this post five minutes ago 5 people died of covid in america. we're at a death a minute.

if you increase your post rate then the number of deaths per post goes down - bing bong covid over so simple!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Lovelyn posted:

In today's Tales from the ICU, I was updating a spouse on a patient's condition (spoiler alert: it's bad):

Me: It says here he didn't get the vaccine, is that right?
Wife: Yes that's right
Me: How come?
Wife: Our family is just not going that route
Me: Why's that?
Wife: We know people that got it and had really bad side effects
Me: Don't you think being in the ICU is worse than some side effects?
Wife: You know you're putting all these chemicals inside your body and you don't know how your body is going to react! And we don't want to be test dummies for the government. Should we pray for him?
Me: Yes.

Lovelyn posted:

We intubated him today

His wife was stunned

:shrug:

Lovelyn posted:

Got report from night shift about this lovely convo that happened overnight:

Nurse: We need to transfuse blood, do we have your consent?
Wife: ONLY GIVE HIM UNVACCINATED BLOOD

He died.

Even days before he died, he didn't seem human anymore. When I checked his pupils, his eyes were half-way rolled to the back of his head. He felt clammy and puffy. His vent settings were so high - 100% O2, PEEP 16 and he was satting in the low 90s. The air escaped into his abdominal and chest cavities, and by the end of the day, into his neck as well. When I touched him, he didn't feel like a person, he felt like an air mattress. It was surreal.

He couldn't maintain his sats - they kept dropping lower and lower, and his heart sped up to try to carry what little oxygen was available to the rest of his body. HR in the 100s. 110s. 120s. 80s. 40s. 0. His heart was tired and starved of oxygen and it couldn't pump anymore.

Doc called it after 3 rounds of CPR.

But at least I know my bosses appreciate all of our efforts because they gave us

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

School starts on Monday for me, and while they are at least requiring masks and vaccinations, what to do if you're exposed to COVID seems to be "Good luck dude email your profs!" Not that contact tracing matters any more.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

what does it really mean to know something anyway? maybe we can just do exactly what we feel like until there’s enough evidence against it that we are forced to make some excuses and keep doing it.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lastgirl posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1430701525047906306

something something covid parable

uhh, excuse me, from my extensive collection of Dinotopia, I have learned to live with dinosaurs, have you?

this tweet is extremely dumb

obviously we would have killed off all the megapredators and the only dinosaurs left would be the dumb ones and the worthless ones and the domesticated ones

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Lovelyn posted:

He died.

Even days before he died, he didn't seem human anymore. When I checked his pupils, his eyes were half-way rolled to the back of his head. He felt clammy and puffy. His vent settings were so high - 100% O2, PEEP 16 and he was satting in the low 90s. The air escaped into his abdominal and chest cavities, and by the end of the day, into his neck as well. When I touched him, he didn't feel like a person, he felt like an air mattress. It was surreal.

He couldn't maintain his sats - they kept dropping lower and lower, and his heart sped up to try to carry what little oxygen was available to the rest of his body. HR in the 100s. 110s. 120s. 80s. 40s. 0. His heart was tired and starved of oxygen and it couldn't pump anymore.

But at least I know my bosses appreciate all of our efforts because they gave us

Not even a king size, you guys need a better union.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Lovelyn posted:

He died.

at least the cat is stoked

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Solarin posted:

at least the cat is stoked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Jamsta posted:

Great new boys and girls, the good poo poo is in!

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1431022716279267333

that’s a lot of people that didn’t take their horse paste