Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

In today's Tales from the ICU, I was updating a spouse on a patient's condition (spoiler alert: it's bad):

Me: It says here he didn't get the vaccine, is that right?
Wife: Yes that's right
Me: How come?
Wife: Our family is just not going that route
Me: Why's that?
Wife: We know people that got it and had really bad side effects
Me: Don't you think being in the ICU is worse than some side effects?
Wife: You know you're putting all these chemicals inside your body and you don't know how your body is going to react! And we don't want to be test dummies for the government. Should we pray for him?
Me: Yes.

HOO BOY, is that a time gap from "his condition is bad" to "he got tubed and died." August 2nd to today. Lotta misery for a lot of people in there, including the people keeping him alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

VomitOnLino posted:

I can’t even get my second shot. Japan is a loving mess. lmao
Also all the bureaucracy means I’ll never get Max Titters

What are the chuds like in Japan?

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
Yeah, Michigan is basically a Trumper state, and as soon as Biden got elected Whitmer did a complete 180 on her COVID management. MI is basically following the same protocols as Florida at this point. When all the schools are open next week it's going to be a bloodbath here. Michigan had a huge surge of vaccinations early on but it's been almost nonexistent since May.

It's gonna be a rough fall.

Apr 7, 2003

I seriously feel like I'm surfing on the peak of a wave right before it crashes into my own family here in PA. lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Bot 02 posted:

the beautiful vans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqSiidErOZ4

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

VomitOnLino posted:

I can’t even get my second shot. Japan is a loving mess. lmao
Also all the bureaucracy means I’ll never get Max Titters

Do you have a Japanese residence permit? Then take a vacation and come back to the US for a month to get vaxxed twice. Just don't go out.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Bot 02 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippon_Kaigi

Apr 7, 2003

Back in March my sister was posting bar room dance vids and I asked if it was a good idea to be partying when the people behind the bar were unvaccinated and she lost her loving mind at me. Gotta wonder what's going to happen to her and her husband (45 year old with a pacemaker) in the coming days.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

cr0y posted:

Jesus Christ no one in this thread needs to lose their poo poo, get you and all your loved ones the booster and hunker down. You'll live.

It was never possible for most people to really hunker down and it's even less possible now. I'm back to being incredibly worried about my mom and my partner's parents because none of them have the option to just hide out at home this time around, and no help is coming.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Paradoxish posted:

It was never possible for most people to really hunker down and it's even less possible now. I'm back to being incredibly worried about my mom and my partner's parents because none of them have the option to just hide out at home this time around, and no help is coming.

The only relief anyone will get is the sweet relief of death.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

SchrodingersCat posted:

The only relief anyone will get is the sweet relief of death.

:hmmyes:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I seriously feel like I'm surfing on the peak of a wave right before it crashes into my own family here in PA. lol

get tubed brah 🤙

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

poo poo forgot to send you the Facebook invite for the primanti's gently caress and suck, hang on

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

remember when bernie was the compromise candidate to save capitalism? lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I remember back in June this thread was dead as gently caress lmao
lol a post of mine from mid-june 2021 in the old thread,

Tzen posted:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1404874452089847813

lol Eric come on man the USA will never lockdown again
just lmao
here have another lmao
lmao

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Put anime eyes on the deathmas tree

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Bot 02 posted:

The usual. Holding super-spreader "MUH FREEDUMBS!!!" ... "Don't vaxx me!!" ... "Masks are a sham!!" etc. idiot rallies.
Usually around crowded train stations. Some of them also get in your face because you have a mask.

One such rally they even called "The Superspreader Rally" and it was just oodles of unmasked chuds running into crowded trains shouting at people how Corona was a sham. lmao

Some are now getting into miracle cures/horse paste... lmao

Boat Stuck posted:

Do you have a Japanese residence permit? Then take a vacation and come back to the US for a month to get vaxxed twice. Just don't go out.

I'm sadly(?) not an US citizen...

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

lmao perfect

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Supreme Court just ended the eviction ban
hahahah

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh man i never thought about horse paste mania reaching the rest of the world

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

the chairman of Japan’s health ministry was pushing horse paste

edit: IVERMECT-CHAN

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Aug 27, 2021

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

america exports its stupidity

Apr 7, 2003

cr0y posted:

poo poo forgot to send you the Facebook invite for the primanti's gently caress and suck, hang on

put the fries in my butt

Apr 7, 2003

i bought some pickled turkey gizzards and just had one. It was actually pretty good.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Shear Modulus posted:

Basically some medical bureaucrat suggested it.

Here is (sadly only in Japanese / use google translate to get an idea) a article from the NHK (the national television) basically imploring people to "Please don't eat the horse paste" lmao:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20210823/k10013218191000.html

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

https://twitter.com/brenontheroad/status/1429624844379824129

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
My personal takeaway is, do NOT ...EVER ... underestimate that we're living on the dumbest possible timeline...

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

VomitOnLino posted:

I'm sadly(?) not an US citizen...

:911:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What the gently caress lol

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

in 2020 it felt like all it would take was one idiot to inadvertently pull out a side piece of the jenga tower that is america and the whole thing would come crashing down

in 2021 it feels like everyone's already pulled out all the safe center pieces and we're rapidly approaching the point where someone's gonna be forced to pull out a corner

lol, lmao, etc

i should buy beans

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i bet they have all kinds of fun and wacky flavors of horse paste in japan and not just boring apple

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lovelyn posted:

He died.

:rip:

the wife will probably accuse you of giving him vaccinated blood

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

VomitOnLino posted:

My personal takeaway is, do NOT ...EVER ... underestimate that we're living on the dumbest possible timeline...

oops yeah my bad I forgot for a minute

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Steve Yun posted:

edit: IVERMECT-CHAN

lmfao japan is a treasure

Apr 7, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

lmfao japan is a treasure

Is it, really?

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Shear Modulus posted:

i bet they have all kinds of fun and wacky flavors of horse paste in japan and not just boring apple

Translation mine posted:

"Now is the time to use ivermectin," says Haruo Ozaki, presiding chairman of the Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Association.

Article date? 19th of August! lmao

JP article with a lengthy interview here.
I should note that the Yomiuri is NOT some fringe newspaper either.

https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/choken/kijironko/cknews/20210818-OYT8T50030/

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

CODChimera posted:

What the gently caress lol

I'm gonna guess coordinated misinformation from Russia

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Shear Modulus posted:

give me a pizza with horse paste mayo on it please

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.