Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Zurtilik posted:

My kids bus driver caught COVID.

=)

Lemme guess. They're still allowed to drive the kids around unmasked while they quarantine in their driver's seat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

amethystbliss posted:

My 7 year old takes horseback riding lessons every Saturday. Today there were boxes of ivermectin out in the parent waiting area. It's never been there before and the owner usually puts little treats she's selling in that area soooooo.

Lol, your kids riding school is the new ivermectin plug

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

E Depois do Adeus posted:

- posted from a 200 person wedding

lol hope you're wearing your PAPR

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Soap Scum posted:

why are you posting on dead comedy forums instead of playing in the nba? joel embiid's knees could disintegrate at any moment. the city needs you.

because my parents birthed a monster and, to no one by my own's amusement, he liked to read instead.

salient
Jan 2, 2021
https://twitter.com/tylerblack32/status/1431264949221793796

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Kreeblah posted:

Lemme guess. They're still allowed to drive the kids around unmasked while they quarantine in their driver's seat?

if it's the US, masks required on the bus is like the only federal mandate left

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Kreeblah posted:

I think all the drivers are federally mandated to wear masks. Of course they might have to pull it down to talk to the students like the medically fragile 6th grader.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

fosborb posted:

LA has to be functionally done, right? surely they aren't admitting new patients ahead of Ida

Hurricanes happen all the time, we’re discharging people who can be discharged and still admitting those that need to be admitted. Currently it’s a pleasant day outside so helicopters are still flying. That will change by tonight but if there is one thing Louisiana hospitals are really good at it’s operating under peri-disaster conditions.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Zurtilik posted:

My kids bus driver caught COVID.

=)

NobODY WANTS tO woRK anYmORE

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/smdiehl/status/1431323822398091265?s=19

Ah yes, witchcraft and astrology, things that are definitely comparable to antivaxx poo poo

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

7’2” goddamn

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

amethystbliss posted:

Happy Saturday lmao

do you have pharmacies in grocery stores there? target or Walmart or Costco, too

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
what is this pagan magicks doing cropping up on my christian world wide web like this

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
That Karl Rove quote about creating reality every time they act is echoing through history and the minds of every fractalized microcommunity on the internet.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Der Meister posted:

7’2” goddamn

absolute unit. zergling minor level

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/smdiehl/status/1431323822398091265?s=19

Ah yes, witchcraft and astrology, things that are definitely comparable to antivaxx poo poo

My mom refuses to get vaccinated but insists that putting a penny in a bag of water repels mosquitos

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Der Meister posted:

7’2” goddamn

11.5 lbs. longer than the measuring tape at birth.
natural birth.
only child, weirdly enough.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Shitpostradomus posted:

natural birth.
only child, weirdly enough.

lmfao I bet

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Der Meister posted:

7’2” goddamn

lol books must be so small to him

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

fosborb posted:

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1431623165495496719?s=19

vaccines are old enough in the population at this point where we are only preventing infection half as often, but still nearly as effectively keeping you out of the hospital

so vaccinated people in high spread communities are absolutely getting it and in turn spreading it to the unvaccinated, because masks off , bitches

christ, kids are screwed. even with 94/95s in school, they're going to get it at home

holy poo poo, what's going on with the next two rows? are these like 100+ year olds

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

3rd Vaccine Trip Report

I just got back from Walgreens. I walked up to the pharmacist's desk and said "I am here for a COVID booster shot." The pharmacist asked "Are you immunocompromised?" I responded with a yes. A form was given to me asking me to check a box that said I was immunocompromised. I could have checked no but that would defeat the purpose of my visit.

They asked for the COVID vaccination card, which I had brought with me, and the pharmacist wrote the booster shot information into the third line. After that, I waited maybe 5 minutes before another pharmacist brought me to a side room and stuck a Pfizer vaccine into my left arm. Interestingly, this third shot didn't sting quite like the first or second. Had I not known I was being poked with a hypodermic syringe I might not have noticed.

I'm back home now and did not pay a dime.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

what is this pagan magicks doing cropping up on my christian world wide web like this

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shackleford posted:

holy poo poo, what's going on with the next two rows? are these like 100+ year olds

Pfizer 2-dose series completely wears off against symptomatic infection after 5 months for everyone

Surprise!

It should still keep you out of the hospital

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

Is it too late to negotiate terms of surrender?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

My retired boomer parents live in Florida. Thankfully, they are both vaccinated. I've spoken with them about the booster shot and my mother said she wasn't eligible until September 20th or so.

I told her to go to Walgreens and say she and my dad are immunocompromised. This was backed with a threat that I would stop talking to them or texting with them if she refused.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

McNugget Buddy posted:

Book a first dose online with CVS using a fake name, say he's uninsured

fosborb posted:

do you have pharmacies in grocery stores there? target or Walmart or Costco, too
He just texted a few minutes ago that he was able to get his 3rd Pfizer by driving to a CVS further away. Everything is stupid.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

shackleford posted:

it made no difference in asymptomatic and symptomatic infection prevention at those times

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

bedpan posted:

My retired boomer parents live in Florida. Thankfully, they are both vaccinated. I've spoken with them about the booster shot and my mother said she wasn't eligible until September 20th or so.

I told her to go to Walgreens and say she and my dad are immunocompromised. This was backed with a threat that I would stop talking to them or texting with them if she refused.

seems a bit excessive op

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i just stopped doing literally anything at work and either no one noticed or they don’t care. i feel like i used to have to pretend at least but maybe not. the only time my supervisor talks to me is if my time clock punches are late or if I skip lunch.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1431655467894419456

the CDC was so blown away by delta infections occurring more than 3 feet away in classrooms that they wrote it up in MMWR "early release", uhh, looks like three months after it actually happened

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Zurtilik posted:

Doomsday CHUD run congresses.

if the dems gently caress up the governor race in PA next year this dumb state is gonna be so hosed, despite managing to handle covid considerably less terribly then most other states so far

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

"are you immunocompromised?"

"yes, my covid vaccine is starting to wear off"

not a lie!

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

amethystbliss posted:

My 7 year old takes horseback riding lessons every Saturday. Today there were boxes of ivermectin out in the parent waiting area. It's never been there before and the owner usually puts little treats she's selling in that area soooooo.

:lol:

Looking forward to my next trip to the hay store and catching up on local horse gossip. Not sure I want to know just how dumb my neighbours are.

Scratch that. I worked in the backrooms of a political campaign, I already know.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

shackleford posted:

the CDC was so blown away by delta infections occurring more than 3 feet away in classrooms that they wrote it up in MMWR "early release", uhh, looks like three months after it actually happened

lmao

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...sedgdhp&pc=U531 boy I hope that's bullshit

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That's a really, really irresponsible headline to run with

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
NY Daily News! My favorite medical journal.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Zurtilik posted:

NY Daily News! My favorite medical journal.

Don't worry, Science has you covered:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-no-infection-parties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

My mom refuses to get vaccinated but insists that putting a penny in a bag of water repels mosquitos

Do we have the same mom