Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Lol time for COVID parties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Schmeichy posted:

Do we have the same mom

If you were born in Central PA maybe

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If you were born in Central PA maybe

How many ziplock bag penny moms are out there

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

actionjackson posted:

there are no available ICU beds in the entire west? I know it's bad but that can't be right

are you sure?

Boise actually has 2 gigantic hospital systems and one is devoted to covid and it is at capacity.
I'm surprised they haven't started flooding the other hospital system yet

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

picturing an overweight cop kicking open the kindergarten door and screaming YOU'D ALL BE DEAD!!!!!

america rules

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/smdiehl/status/1431323822398091265?s=19

Ah yes, witchcraft and astrology, things that are definitely comparable to antivaxx poo poo

We'll, yeah. It's a central pillar of their long-term investments and marketing strategies:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

quote:

“The biggest limitation in the study is that testing [for SARS-CoV-2 infection] is still a voluntary thing—it’s not part of the study design.” That means, she says, that comparisons could be confounded if, for example, previously infected people who developed mild symptoms were less likely to get tested than vaccinated people, perhaps because they think they are immune.

but lol people are gonna loving ruuuuuuun with this

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Durf posted:

picturing an overweight cop kicking open the kindergarten door and screaming YOU'D ALL BE DEAD!!!!!

america rules

street smarts!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Nussenzweig’s group has published data showing people who recover from a SARS-CoV-2 infection continue to develop increasing numbers and types of coronavirus-targeting antibodies for up to 1 year. By contrast, he says, twice-vaccinated people stop seeing increases “in the potency or breadth of the overall memory antibody compartment” a few months after their second dose.

Now we wait to find out how long 3rd-shot antibodies last

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Schmeichy posted:

How many ziplock bag penny moms are out there

whole drat category of mom

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
vr is a colossal failure

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
when the 'mectin hit and its str8 🔥 💯

https://i.imgur.com/2wxAHNX.mp4

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

^^ oh man i was so happy when I got that horse in Skyrim

he's probably faking

but even so some chuds are going to copy him and die

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

No Jimmy, you're the designated stapler thrower. Tony, you're supposed to tabletop the shooter. Run it again! Covid kids, we're pretending this is real, so hold you coughing like your life depends on it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

shackleford posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1431655467894419456

the CDC was so blown away by delta infections occurring more than 3 feet away in classrooms that they wrote it up in MMWR "early release", uhh, looks like three months after it actually happened

lol im sorry but i refuse to believe that classroom had 25 kids all sitting 6 ft from each other as the chart suggests

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDCORE/status/1431465550136287237?s=19

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
mo' tussin mectin

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

the people who coerced countries into systems that made them vulnerable to pandemics sponsored a report about the damage they did

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

hey covid thread,

Is behealthyusa.net a legit source for kf94 masks for kids?

we live in hell, ty!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

Lol, your kids riding school is the new ivermectin plug

plug trot
I don't even understand how the gently caress my plug clop

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
CNN continues to be wildly irresponsible:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/28/health/vaccine-safe-activities-dr-wen-wellness/index.html posted:

What's the risk of indoor dining if you're fully vaccinated? Here's what one expert says
(..)
If everyone in your household is fully vaccinated and generally healthy, you might be willing to take on more risk. You might conclude that even if a breakthrough infection were to happen, it would probably be mild, and you are OK with taking on that risk in order to continue your pre-pandemic activities. Someone else could decide that, because they live at home with unvaccinated younger children or immunocompromised family members, they want to be more cautious.

I think that both options are equally reasonable. The vast majority of the spread of Covid-19 is by people who are unvaccinated. Vaccinated people are not a threat to public health, and they should be able to exercise their own judgment about what activities are safe enough for them.
(..)
CNN: Let's go through the risk of specific activities. What's the risk of indoor dining?
Wen: Indoor dining in a restaurant definitely has more risk than dining outdoors.
(..)
CNN: How about going to the gym?
Wen: Again, that depends on the circumstances. If you're using the elliptical or weight machines, and no one is close to you, then it's pretty safe.
(..)
CNN: Would you travel?
Wen: The risk of air travel is pretty low and can be reduced further if you are wearing a high-quality mask like an N95 or KN95.
(..)
CNN: What about a private gathering with friends where everyone is vaccinated? Would it be OK to continue dinner parties and other indoor get-togethers?
Wen: That will certainly be a lot lower risk than if the same people were together, but they were unvaccinated.
(..)
CNN: Can vaccinated grandparents still be getting together with their unvaccinated grandchildren?
Wen: Yes.
(..)
Everything is safe or low risk. Go spend.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

catspleen posted:

hey covid thread,

we live in hell, ty!

yup, it's where I've been getting masks for my kids

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

catspleen posted:

hey covid thread,

we live in hell, ty!

yes. my kids wear them

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Idiot Kicker posted:

mo' tussin mectin

Let that mectin get down into the bone. If you run low, mix that paste with some water, mo' mectin

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/28/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html posted:

'There is no room to put these bodies,' Alabama health official says as Covid-19 deaths climb

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Der Meister posted:

seems a bit excessive op

it probably was. what I left out though was that the "threat" was to not contact them with good news because I couldn't very well tell them anything good if they were dead and or intubated. we all laughed.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

the cop dream of playing armyman and terrorizing children

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

fosborb posted:

yes. my kids wear them

thanks I thought I had seen them before on here but forums search came up with nothing.

radium keeps on giving.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I don't think we have good data because it's impossible to test but logic would dictate that initial viral load plays some variable in severity of infection.

It seems like high antibody levels prevent infection in general and memory T cells prevent severe cases because while you do get infected your body can rapidly starting spinning up antibodies and largely keep the worst illness at bay. A larger viral load at the start gives covid an advantage in replicating and causing wider spread damage before the immune system can't launch a defense.

I think future non-vaccije treatments will be something that essentially tries to slow down covids replication to bridge the time until your body can produce antibodies and killer T cells.

Speaking of immune response I am about 3 days into my Pfizer booster and suddenly have puffed up glands in my neck but otherwise didn't suffer much from vaccine side effects. The 3rd was probably the easiest of them and none of them were more than a couple hours of "eh I kinda feel crappy but it's minor"

cr0y fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 28, 2021

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fleetwood posted:

the people who coerced countries into systems that made them vulnerable to pandemics sponsored a report about the damage they did

Great Barrington Declaration was authored by a statistician, an economist, and a Zoologist who is married to the guy that invented the AstraZeneca vaccine.

They can't jerk off to the genocide they perpetrated without accurate numbers

:eng101:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

This is something I've thought of a lot. If my partner started showing symptoms it would be very hard for me to leave them but I get thats probably the best play. Would yall leave your significant other if they tested positive? Not sure I could do it tbh

Achieving personal herd immunity for relationships

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

both prior infections and vaccinated events are really
small numbers

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Covid is a pretty good excuse for not being able to get dates :smith:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Durf posted:

the cop dream of playing armyman and terrorizing children

Alright kids now if someone kicks in your classroom door with a Striker-12 the trick is to get them to fire all twelve rounds into your fellow classmates, you can make a fairly leisurely break for it during the half hour pause when they stop to manually unload and reload each chamber and then rewind the drum

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lmao I can't stop thinking about plug walk with horses.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Idiot Kicker posted:

Covid is a pretty good excuse for not being able to get dates :smith:

Getting laid for me personally is worth the risk after I am boosted :quagmire:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Rhesus Pieces posted:

"are you immunocompromised?"

"yes, my covid vaccine is starting to wear off"

not a lie!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1431426457063071746

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

killing your voting base to own the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol the "believe me I'm a real scientist and so is my wife" guy in the gbs thread saying everyone should be blindly trusting the CDC guidelines because they are the experts

imagine thinking CDC mask guidelines, if absolutely nothing else, are unassailable