Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

oops snipe

Lovelyn fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Oh my, what a beautiful and happy cat. Be well, goon.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Lovelyn posted:

oops snipe

one of your loaves kinda spilled out. the other one lookin good.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Sorry, losing your kitty is hard. I'm still in between kitties myself.

snailshell
Aug 26, 2010

I LOVE BIG WET CROROCDILE PUSSYT
This is Gallus Tadius Maximus Felix. He is the most lucky because he was rescued as a kitten from inside a car engine.

He is a proud hunter.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
A magnificent flooflord.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

It took a year or two, but Buddy is now also a lap cat.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Donnie (orange and white) is the snuggliest drat cat ever. Other cats, people, doesn't matter. He must be touching someone at all times. He sleeps on my pillow tucked in the crook of my arm and snuggled against my face. He has this weird thing where when he sniffs something his nose is touching it like a pig rooting or something.

OJ (orange) is the most amiable cat I've ever seen. Doesn't hide from company, sits on everyone's lap. Grabs any hand he sees for pets. He's 16 and has inflammatory stomach issues and gets subq fluids twice a week now. Our goal was to have him make it past Christmas but he's as spry as ever, for an old man with permanently blown pupils anyways.

There's something about the personality of orange cats.

snailshell
Aug 26, 2010

I LOVE BIG WET CROROCDILE PUSSYT
Cute old man!!! What a bunch of (B)buddies

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Oscar will turn 9 years old this summer. I bought him a heated cat bed that he completely ignored during the coldest part of the year but now he's living in it.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

CommanderApaul posted:

Donnie (orange and white) is the snuggliest drat cat ever. Other cats, people, doesn't matter. He must be touching someone at all times. He sleeps on my pillow tucked in the crook of my arm and snuggled against my face. He has this weird thing where when he sniffs something his nose is touching it like a pig rooting or something.

OJ (orange) is the most amiable cat I've ever seen. Doesn't hide from company, sits on everyone's lap. Grabs any hand he sees for pets. He's 16 and has inflammatory stomach issues and gets subq fluids twice a week now. Our goal was to have him make it past Christmas but he's as spry as ever, for an old man with permanently blown pupils anyways.

There's something about the personality of orange cats.

Tomorrow's going to be a really hard day.

A couple weeks ago, OJ started throwing up dry food pretty much every time he ate it, and an xray found a good sized tumor pressing on his digestive tract. Plus his heart murmur has gone from a grade 4 to a grade 6 since Christmas. The vets words were "it could just give out at any time," so we've been keeping him comfortable, DCed his prescription food, and have been giving him wet kitten food as he tolerates it. Basically hoping that we don't find him dead of heart failure while waiting for both him to give us a sign that things were starting to take a turn.

He started throwing up the wet food on Tuesday. :(

We have other kitties buried in a little spot at the edge of the woods out back that my wife calls our kitty garden, but they were all cats that we individually had when we got married 15-1/2 years ago. OJ was our first kitty together, he was one of a litter of 4 kittens a semi-feral mama had in the woods outside our first apartment. We started leaving out food for them, and they would sit right beside the door to my now wife's car and wouldn't let her get in to go to work until she fed them. We were able to catch three of them, and adopted two out and kept him. He's 16 as of this month, and has been with us through everything. Our kids are 9 and 13, and he would come running to investigate every crying fit and what seemed like every diaper change. His routine for the longest time, every night, was to go to lay with our daughter until she was asleep, then go lay with our son until he was asleep, and then come lay in bed next to my wife until she was asleep. During the day, he alternates between sleeping in the chair in my office and grabbing my passing arm for pets, or snuggling under my wife's legs under the covers in bed while she reads, if she's not at work. He's literally always been here while we've been together, and it's going to be really weird when we come home from the vet tomorrow without him. We're having him cremated so he can stay in the house. Kinda wish we would have done that with the other kitties now, but it was always money that needed to go to other things.

He really is the best cat. He's an orange cat after all.

Been writing this to avoid going to bed, like if I don't go to sleep, tomorrow morning won't get here.

This is the oldest digital picture I can find, the date on the picture is wrong and from context it's mid-february 2008, so he's just about 3 years old. The next picture from that folder is our now 13-1/2 yo son laying in his crib naked except for a diaper, so yeah. It's weird to see how little OJ has changed and then this innocent baby human who I just took to the roller rink with his first girlfriend last weekend.

And here's a couple weeks ago, interrupted mid bath.

Something funny for all that sadness. The spot at the head of the bed next to my wife has always been the "alpha cat" spot, my side of the bed is the next in line, and then anyone else in the house is either at the foot of the bed or wherever. It's been a rotation for the last 18 years, and we've been joking about who's going to get that spot now. Callie has been here the longest, and is actually the only other one in the house to overlap with the cats we had before OJ, but she's not very snuggly, and prefers our son's loft bed anyways. Donnie (orange and white in the picture) is the next most recent, but he's my fat snuggle buddy and I don't see him vacating his pillow/arm/face cat bed every night. Eevee is next after that, and I think it's probably going to be her. Mostly because she's a finicky bitch and only likes me when I'm in my office. Literally, will only let me pet her when I'm in my office in the basement. Jerry is the new guy, been here less than a year, and while's he's assertive enough to make that his spot, his preferred spot is either on my feet, or between the two of us at the head of the bed so I'm the meat in a Jerry/Donnie sandwich all night long.

The "you came to the wrong neighborhood motherfucker" wet food action shot gang isn't going to be the same without their ringleader. Donnie, Eevee (tortie), Callie (B&W), OJ, and Jerry.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

OJ is an incredible orange dudecat and it sure seems like you all enriched each others' lives for many years.

I'm sorry for your loss but I'm glad you have family and other catbuddies to help you through it.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

OJ goode

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This is my sweet orange boy Marvin

Marvin was sick and it took a couple months (!) to actually get him diagnosed, but that stage is over and it's IBD which was good news due to how treatable it is. So far he's responding really well to the steroids, but he caught a cold with his weakened immune system and was real grumpy about it. I tried to get a picture of his grump face but all I got was a face full of snot in response

https://i.imgur.com/NwHiOOy.mp4

He is almost 13 now and I love him

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey y'all need to meet George.

We found him living out behind a konbini a little over two months ago. He was a skinny, hungry little thing, approximately 8-10 weeks old. We reckon he got most of his meals from friendly strangers, because he was quite willing to hang out with, and be picked up by, anyone who had anything even marginally edible.

He has made the transition from outdoor scruffball to fully vaccinated and fixed indoor lordling like he was made for it.

He's made a lot of inroads with Ralph and Frank too, and they will even play with him a little.

Some of the stuff that he's learned has not been as pleasant, however.

The drugs help him forget. For a while.

Don't get it twisted, though, he's still a high-powered businessman by day.

Anyway we're crazy about him. He's very people-focused without being too clingy, purrs like a dumptruck, and has more personality than five normal cats.

He is also quite Georange.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Orange cats named George are scientifically proven to be the best cats. :hellyeah:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

please inform George that he is a handsome man

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He has been told, but he was rocketing past during his morning scamper so I didn't really get a reply.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Trig Discipline posted:

He has been told, but he was rocketing past during his morning scamper so I didn't really get a reply.

He scampers? So cute!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Trig Discipline posted:

Which way did he go George, which way did he go?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Today we unfortunately had to put down our cat after a brief but fierce battle with mouth cancer. Hobbes, also known as Buddy, Hubbs, Bubba, Cat Face, Shithead, Dildo Jones, rear end in a top hat, and Professor Fuzzbutt, has been with us for the last eleven years after I rescued him from a shelter on Christmas Eve. He loved omelettes, music, catching bugs, sunspots, taking rides in the cat stroller, surfing on his little rug, and making sure he was in your lap if you picked up a video game controller.

Good night buddy, I love you.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
What a sweet face. I love you too, Hobbes the Great. Safe travels.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sorry sweet boy :(

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Sounds so much like my orange jerk. Sorry to hear that :smith:

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

A good catte

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Awww sorry you lost your mate :smith: sounds like he had a great life with you.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, that's awful man. Really sorry about that. I hope this helps cheer everybody up a bit. About 2 and half weeks ago I adopted this little guy, I haven't figured out a name for him yet. He was part of a litter who's Mom got killed, he was the last one left unadopted. I completely fell in love with the little guy on the short ride home. He's extremely playful, but I've found his off switch. Get him on his back and gently rub his ribs in circles and he'll start closing his eyes immediately. He fights it for a bit, but after a little while he's out like a light.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Q_res posted:

Yeah, that's awful man. Really sorry about that. I hope this helps cheer everybody up a bit. About 2 and half weeks ago I adopted this little guy, I haven't figured out a name for him yet. He was part of a litter who's Mom got killed, he was the last one left unadopted. I completely fell in love with the little guy on the short ride home. He's extremely playful, but I've found his off switch. Get him on his back and gently rub his ribs in circles and he'll start closing his eyes immediately. He fights it for a bit, but after a little while he's out like a light.

This dude is gonna be a fantastic companion for you, congrats.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
My supervisor at work looks over my shoulder all day.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
George has perfected the art of sitting extremely normally.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Trig Discipline posted:

George has perfected the art of sitting extremely normally.

All these fine orange bellies and nobody around to pet them. :(

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I brought my Drake posted:

All these fine orange bellies and nobody around to pet them. :(

sir i would really like to keep my hand attached to my body or i would do it

don't be fooled, that little tigerlily princess baby girl has a temper to match her colors

George may have been human in a past life.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
George will let you just absolutely pet the hell out of his belly, it's great.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pia is all about belly rubs

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Tyrion is too....for a time. Then he gets overstimulated and bites the poo poo out of my hand (he doesn't mean to, he's just dumb and doesn't know how strong he is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Hello, I have come bearing content.

This is my orange boi Samson.

I found him living in a small hole under my chimney a few weeks before christmas, six years ago.

he was alone and barely old enough to be, I brought him inside cause I was afraid he wasnt going to make it thru winter outside without a mother to take care of him.

Hes a big snuggler

I had an orange cat from the time I was two till my late teens, so I very much wanted this cat to be *my* cat, but he had other plans and chose my daughter

whom he tolerates being carried around the house like a stuffed animal

they grew up together

I'd say hes spoiled, but all my cats are. I am a crazy cat man

this is the first picture I have of him, probably taken only a few days after bringing him inside

Sorry if this is an excessive amount of pics for a single post, once I get rolling thru facebook photo albums the feels start feeling and its hard to stop.