Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Yeah, that's pretty sad

If you're married, your money is her money is his money is everyone's money, splitting it is always a disaster.

Ok but again we've been happy for 18 years so excuse me if I laugh at your disaster predictions. It eliminates arguments about spending.

We're still sharing 85% which pays for all common expenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ok but again we've been happy for 18 years so excuse me if I laugh at your disaster predictions. It eliminates arguments about spending.

We're still sharing 85% which pays for all common expenses.

We've been so happy for 18 years that there's a dispute over a handbag that I'm telling the internet about

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well I evacuated from Hurricane Ida to my hometown in Texas. When I pull up to my parents' driveway, my mom comes out and tells me my dad has a "head cold" or something. Do you still want to stay here? We can wear masks?

Nah, I'm getting a hotel.

Well 2 days later and dad's got a positive covid test, and I can't get my mom to get a hotel room for herself.

loving Texas school districts. They just shut down his school district because of positive covid cases. Great job, you had 7 days of in-person school and gave dozens of people covid. Awesome decision-making all around.

Dad's symptoms are very mild right now, runny nose mostly.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

We've been so happy for 18 years that there's a dispute over a handbag that I'm telling the internet about

There was zero dispute. I was looking for a birthday present with her friend's help and she has no idea. You're weird.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Yeah, that's pretty sad

If you're married, your money is her money is his money is everyone's money, splitting it is always a disaster.

I mean, I needed a new bike last year. bikes were hard to find, and I don’t ride super challenging terrain anymore so I was looking at low end to mid range bikes for $800 or so. my wife got me to delay my purchase with subterfuge and then presented me with the bike I really wanted at Xmas. it was significantly more than 800 and I would never have spent our money on it, but she knew it would make me happy. I’m not sure how you don’t understand such a basic dynamic?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/cascamike/status/1432059746144641024

lol I can't see a mask in this photo

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

There was zero dispute. I was looking for a birthday present with her friend's help and she has no idea. You're weird.

lol if u werent around for pfc's multi forum meltdown about cheating on his wife

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Im just chillen

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
we live in an evil system that produces a legion of evil people who would be functionally identical to the ones dying of covid anyway. their deaths are no more satisfying than a fresh garbage bag to me

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Everyone knows outdoor events can't spread it. I mean, if it could, you'd have expected that party the GOP had to celebrate the SCOTUS appointment last year to have infected a huge swathe of the GOP leadership, including the president.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

1,290 cases in Sydney/NSW, new all time Aussie daily record.

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1432146414780366853?s=19

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Everyone knows outdoor events can't spread it. I mean, if it could, you'd have expected that party the GOP had to celebrate the SCOTUS appointment last year to have infected a huge swathe of the GOP leadership, including the president.

that was great content but the ending sucked

Apr 7, 2003

You posted about it in this thread lol

Apr 7, 2003

squirrelzipper posted:

I mean, I needed a new bike last year. bikes were hard to find, and I don’t ride super challenging terrain anymore so I was looking at low end to mid range bikes for $800 or so. my wife got me to delay my purchase with subterfuge and then presented me with the bike I really wanted at Xmas. it was significantly more than 800 and I would never have spent our money on it, but she knew it would make me happy. I’m not sure how you don’t understand such a basic dynamic?

I highlighted the problem for you.

Apr 7, 2003

Your spouse making financial decisions by lying to you is not a healthy paradigm, hth.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
roni

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I highlighted the problem for you.

you’re hilarious. it was cute and kind of her, but you go do you. I imagine there’s a lot of earnest chats about what’s praxis and acceptable in the pfc household lol.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Your spouse making financial decisions by lying to you is not a healthy paradigm, hth.

Some people believe in the magic of christmas you grinch!!!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

You posted about it in this thread lol

Please feel free to quote me where I said there was a dispute or any conflict whatsoever with my wife over a birthday present she doesn't even know I was considering. Or alternatively, quit doubling down on being a hostile weirdo for no reason.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp6ZZAJXSZI

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Not me though christmas is a capitalist fuckfest shithole holiday for rubes gently caress you if you love christmas

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

this is the gooniest way possible to frame the act of gift giving

Apr 7, 2003

squirrelzipper posted:

you’re hilarious. it was cute and kind of her, but you go do you.

It was cute and kind of my wife to lie to me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

DO SOMETHING

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

most of this forum are top decile earners man it won’t matter

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Jon Irenicus posted:

DO SOMETHING

oh ok

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
LA chuds wanted their natural immunity to delta and got more than they bargained for

Apr 7, 2003

WampaLord posted:

this is the gooniest way possible to frame the act of gift giving

There are a lot of good ways to buy a gift for someone you share expenses with.

Lying to them about what you're doing with shared money isn't one of them

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

It was cute and kind of my wife to lie to me

lol. ‘no hunny were actually about to surprise you but I’m telling you now because I know what a bastion of integrity you expect our relationship to be. no, no, don’t act surprised that would be lying to everyone and not praxis.’ - pfc at a surprise party.

Apr 7, 2003

squirrelzipper posted:

lol. ‘no hunny were actually about to surprise you but I’m telling you now because I know what a bastion of integrity you expect our relationship to be. no, no, don’t act surprised that would be lying to everyone and not praxis.’ - pfc at a surprise party.

My wife and i buy what we want when we want and we don't lie to each other about it? That's not that weird imho.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

pfc is right if i got a bike that cost a grand under false pretenses id be sure to leave my wife in tears on the spot

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Bruh...

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://fox17.com/news/local/parent...nessee-usa-news

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Bathtub Cheese posted:

pfc is right if i got a bike that cost a grand under false pretenses id be sure to leave my wife in tears on the spot

I did consult but neither mao nor Marx had much to say on the matter so I thought it was ok.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Korean Boomhauer posted:

oh ok

:patriot:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

legsarerequired posted:

Again, all of the staff has been incredibly compassionate and accommodating during a challenging time. I'm just observing that it seems to be busier than the last time there was a death in my family, but I don't know if this is due to covid or if it's just normal.
It is due to covid. There have been multiple interviews with funeral directors describing all the things you listed. Here's one from Florida.

quote:

WESH 2 called 20 funeral homes and crematories and many were too busy to be part of our story. Some were too busy to even talk on the phone. One funeral director said that in a 30-minute period where he talked to his partner, four new cases came in.

Mike Marchetti, the area manager for Newcomer Funeral Homes, says as much as they don’t want to, sometimes they have to delay meetings with families and delay funerals because they only have so much staff.

“So the family comes in and they say we would like to have the funeral on Friday and we have to tell then ‘I’m sorry we can’t accommodate a funeral on Friday because our schedule is full,” Marchetti said.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Well I evacuated from Hurricane Ida to my hometown in Texas. When I pull up to my parents' driveway, my mom comes out and tells me my dad has a "head cold" or something. Do you still want to stay here? We can wear masks?

Nah, I'm getting a hotel.

You called an excellent audible my man.

She should probably assume she's infected, you should too especially if she thought he had a "head cold" and didn't go "oh poo poo isolate Père PostNouveau"

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

squirrelzipper posted:

I did consult but neither mao nor Marx had much to say on the matter so I thought it was ok.

guess again. what part of Marx’s “ruthless criticism of all that exists” doesn’t apply to spouses or immediate family?

Bathtub Cheese fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 30, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

squirrelzipper posted:

Because pfc grew up unbelievably poor around other super poor people so this kind of gifting behavior isn't commonplace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Isentropy posted:

You called an excellent audible my man.

She should probably assume she's infected, you should too especially if she thought he had a "head cold" and didn't go "oh poo poo isolate Père PostNouveau"

Yeah, she's getting a test tomorrow but is also just half-rear end "quarantining" where Dad stays in their room. I'm gonna give it a couple days and get a test myself. Isolating kinda takes care of itself at this point I got no where else to go in this town.