Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

8 months seemingly based on nothing at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Mr. Pizza posted:

8 months seemingly based

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Boosters available after 1d12 months roll for side effects

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

As someone whose "love language" is primarily gifting, spending a chunk of money on a gift that you know the recipient will love (and that you can afford) is cool and good actually. Don't do it if you can't afford it or you don't know that they will really love it though. Also stuff like favorite dessert or activity can go a long way, it doesn't have to be purely material.

Sis moved into her dorm and it's yet another single with her own bathroom lmao. Granted she spent junior year remote but she's never had an actual physical in-the-same-room roommate. Lucky. :allears:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Salt Fish posted:

Boosters available after 1d12 months roll for side effects

I rolled a natural 1 and my head became a horse head

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

CIA-SPAM: [COVID-19] Global Worming

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

CIA-SPAM: [COVID-19] Global Worming

it’s awful I love it

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Pizza posted:

Pfizer's booster trial was on people who received the 3rd dose between 5 and 8 months after their second shot

Biden took the high end, because of course he would

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my love language is I get up every day and keep two kids alive and make food and sometimes I'll clean.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

my love language is I get up every day and keep two kids alive and make food and sometimes I'll clean.

that won’t get u laid

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Der Meister posted:

that won’t get u laid

sometimes it works out

last night I got a wicked leg cramp and she helped with that. it was nice.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

a helpful bear posted:

Agree with plane on this. Currently trying to learn and navigate the lovely world of homeschooling and online non-public school in a short span of time so I don't send my second grader into the woodchipper. It sucks

same boat, solidarity

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I think they picked 8 months because the W.H.O. was complaining about other countries not getting vaccines and wanted to give them a couple extra months of good vaccine exports.
Then they saw the school infection rates and and decided moving up the booster would count as doing something about it.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Der Meister posted:

that won’t get u laid

he’s already got 2 sprogs, getting laid is now a potential liability.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

oh no I chopped my vas deferens off myself in the bathroom last week.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

sometimes it works out

last night I got a wicked leg cramp and she helped with that. it was nice.

that’s good im happy for u

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh dear

https://twitter.com/LucyThack/status/1432165438385909764?s=19

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Ok, first time since I found this thread that someone close-ish to me has been possibly exposed, want to see what y'all would recommend:

SO's mother just called to say that SO's brother-in-law has been ill since Friday, and both grandkids also became mildly ill over the weekend. All 3 went to an Ontario (Canada) hospital for testing, uncertain turnaround on results.

SO's mom saw the grandkids Thursday.

If it's covid and symptoms from the dad began Friday, then shedding may have been as early as Tuesday/Wednesday.

If she's lucky then he passed it onto the kids (rather than vice-versa) and they weren't far enough along to have shedded themselves on Thursday.

Let's assume she wasn't lucky. Should she (and my SO's dad) get tested asap? Or would it be enough for them to self-isolate and wait for word from the 3 who were already tested (this is the current plan afaik).

Thanks.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the other morning i covered my face entirely with those stick-on googly eyes and stared at my wife until she woke up

which tells me her love language is "oddly high effort trolling"

edit: or is it my love language? I read an article once about this thing and immediately thought it was poorly thought out and haven't put any brain power into it since, which is still more brain power than i put into my posts

blatman fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 30, 2021

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

kalensc posted:

Ok, first time since I found this thread that someone close-ish to me has been possibly exposed, want to see what y'all would recommend:

SO's mother just called to say that SO's brother-in-law has been ill since Friday, and both grandkids also became mildly ill over the weekend. All 3 went to an Ontario (Canada) hospital for testing, uncertain turnaround on results.

If it's covid and symptoms from the dad began Friday, then shedding may have been as early as Tuesday/Wednesday.

If she's lucky then he passed it onto the kids (rather than vice-versa) and they weren't far enough along to have shedded themselves on Thursday.

Let's assume she wasn't lucky. Should she (and my SO's dad) get tested asap? Or would it be enough for them to self-isolate and wait for word from the 3 who were already tested (this is the current plan afaik).

Thanks.

everyone test, don’t leave things up to assumptions

but test 4-5 days after the potential moment of exposure

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
New Orleans has no power.
https://twitter.com/davidhammerWWL/status/1432162184470089737

Laplace LA is the hotspot for people posting to social media asking for rescue as of now.

(In case you're not watching the other threads)

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Ham Cheeks posted:

K. A. Applepaste
:golfclap:

zone posted:

Lyudmila Covidchenko
:laffo:

🎶
felled by your spike
felled by your spike
over 300 chud hosts
felled by your spike
🎶

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Has Nodelphi checked in recently?
Hope he and his family are ok

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Maybe check the weather thread. I have been skimming it, so I haven't noticed if Nodelphi has been posting. If not, I'm sure they are just busy af.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

rofl

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they got pulled in to work at the hospital

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

kalensc posted:

Thanks.

You didn't mention if the mom/dad of your SO are vaccinated. If they are not and assuming Canada has monoclonal antibodies available, then the earlier they confirm they are positive the better off they will be in getting medical help before things go downhill.

I'd want to get tested anyway given an exposure like that.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Helith posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they got pulled in to work at the hospital

He still has an active covid infection so hopefully not. But given the power maybe he's just holding a bag and pumping for folks on vents :(

Shits so hosed.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Talked to a relative earlier who I've avoided seeing since he's been going maskless everywhere

He posted a maskless picture at a restaurant last night on Twitter

When he asked if I'd come visit, I politely declined and told him I'm trying to be careful because of COVID

He replied - "I haven't been anywhere in a week, and I always use masks"

Is he trying to kill me?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

codivx

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

silicone thrills posted:

He still has an active covid infection so hopefully not. But given the power maybe he's just holding a bag and pumping for folks on vents :(

Shits so hosed.

I don’t think he still has covid

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mr. Pizza posted:

the last time this happened, at the mask burning party, a friend asked me, do you think you really know more than the CDC?

and it was like, welllllllll.... apparently yes?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

McNugget Buddy posted:

Talked to a relative earlier who I've avoided seeing since he's been going maskless everywhere

When he asked if I'd come visit, I politely declined and told him I'm trying to be careful because of COVID

Is he trying to kill me?

People literally think taking off their mask in restaurants is a safe zone or something. I've ran into quite a few people who said they're always masking but posting on social media at restaurants

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

silicone thrills posted:

People literally think taking off their mask in restaurants is a safe zone or something. I've ran into quite a few people who said they're always masking but posting on social media at restaurants

the most important thing to realize about all this is that nearly everyone you personally know and talk to thinks they're doing the right thing and therefore feel zero obligation to go into detail beyond that

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Trust no one.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

silicone thrills posted:

a lot of people have subconsciously categorized different things as "doing something" based seemingly entirely around whether or not they regularly do it - so if someone used to regularly go to restaurants that's not actually going anywhere because it's mentally categorized as an extension of their home life and thus safe

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fosborb posted:

the most important thing to realize about all this is that nearly everyone you personally know and talk to thinks they're doing the right thing and therefore feel zero obligation to go into detail beyond that

I've literally told this person (and other relatives) "stay home for 10 days and I'll come visit you".

They always say they can't do it.

"GOTTA LIVE MY LIFE, YA KNOW?"

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

McNugget Buddy posted:

Is he trying to kill me?

every person you know will lie about the risks they are taking. really this applies to any kind of risk not just covid

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
week 100 of claiming covid is over on a Sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

tangy yet delightful posted:

You didn't mention if the mom/dad of your SO are vaccinated. If they are not and assuming Canada has monoclonal antibodies available, then the earlier they confirm they are positive the better off they will be in getting medical help before things go downhill.

I'd want to get tested anyway given an exposure like that.

Oh whoops yeah shoulda mentioned that. Everyone in both of our nuclear families is two-dose vaccinated except my SOs nephews due to being under 12.

Apparently the results are expected early tomorrow so if any of the 3 come back positive then we'll act promptly.