Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Parrotine posted:

I'm really going to bust a gut if wolf girl with daddy dragon issues really ends up joining the cast, like WTF talk about an eleventh hour addition.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Counterpoint

Yamato seems like he owns and needs some more screentime after this is said and done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gyges posted:

If anyone in the series is a Worf, it's the Smoker and Tashigi team. Their one win was immediately undone by Dragon showing up and just saying NOPE. Despite that, they've repeatedly been promoted and are presented every time as being super strong.

Why would anyone want to display a figure of the second most hateable guy in a 20 year saga? Even if you just, for some godforsaken reason, like the aesthetic, Ric Flair figurines are by far the better pick. I'm pretty sure they come with multiple fabulous robes you can switch out.

That's pretty much my reaction as well. There are multiple villains I would like to have, but fukkin' Doflamingo ain't one of them.

Impressive sculpt though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yamato feels like Vivi to me; I don't know if they'll end up "part of the crew" but there's zero chance their story is over after their feature arc.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

I would argue Yamato's chances of joining the Straw Hats went UP with the last chapter. Since Momo can't be young again, he kinda has to stay in Wano as the new shogun when they win (they're gonna win, let's not kid ourselves) thus completing his character arc. Yamato, on the other hand, with the position of shogun filled, would have nothing keeping them in Wano and would absolutely jump at the chance to set sail as he's already said he wants to do.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well Yamato has that mythical dog fruit thats the protector of Wano.
And Momo needs someone to mentor and train him now that the samurai all got severely rekt.

They need someone to repel the inevitable blackbeard opportunistic attack.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I forget, is Carrot officially part of the permanent Straw Hat crew?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

all the straw hats here are in full color. carrot's gold coin moment

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I forget, is Carrot officially part of the permanent Straw Hat crew?

Nope. It's why she didn't get a big strawhat fight moment. She just got off-scene'd by Perospero instead

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

oddium posted:

all the straw hats here are in full color. carrot's gold coin moment

That one “one horny for carrot” editors going to loving fire Oda if he doesn’t give him what he wants

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Yamato and carrot joining at the same time would be fun

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

anime was right posted:

Yamato and carrot joining at the same time would be fun

The last time we got a two-for-one on Straw Hats was Enies Lobby, and this seems like a similarly pivotal arc.

Just need Carrot to get a big, cool character moment in all this mayhem - maybe by tagging in from Nekomamushi for Round 2 against Perospero, or maybe something else.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 30, 2021

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I think we're getting at least one new crew member from this arc but there's also going to be more crews in the Strawhat armada.

My most anticipated moment in the manga is when all hope seems lost X00 chapters from now and the armada starts rolling in.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Marluxia posted:

Nope. It's why she didn't get a big strawhat fight moment. She just got off-scene'd by Perospero instead

I really hope she recovers and takes down Perospero. Cat is fighting him right in front of her as well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think we're getting any new crewmembers. Carrot will go back to Zou with Cat and Dog and Yamato will stay to protect Momonosuke. Hot take, I know.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You're wrong

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Momonosuke even apparently looks like Oden now, giving Yamato another reason to protect him. Guessing he'll impress Yamato during the fight with Orochi.

Carrot just has no real motivation to stay with the crew after the Wano stuff is settled and Pedro has been avenged.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

RatHat posted:

Momonosuke even apparently looks like Oden now, giving Yamato another reason to protect him. Guessing he'll impress Yamato during the fight with Orochi.

Carrot just has no real motivation to stay with the crew after the Wano stuff is settled and Pedro has been avenged.

You could just as well say that Wano has an Oden now so they don't need Yamato's "Oden"

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Cloks posted:

I think we're getting at least one new crew member from this arc but there's also going to be more crews in the Strawhat armada.

My most anticipated moment in the manga is when all hope seems lost X00 chapters from now and the armada starts rolling in.

Honestly that’s been my assumption for Katakuri and Yamato all along. Leading Straw Hat Armada crews made up of Big Mom and Kaido leavers as appropriate.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Yamato said he wants to sail with Luffy and that's all I need to know.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ThingOne posted:

the giants on elbaf are going to think he's oden, it'll be a whole thing

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lord_Magmar posted:

Honestly that’s been my assumption for Katakuri and Yamato all along. Leading Straw Hat Armada crews made up of Big Mom and Kaido leavers as appropriate.

I don't think there'll be a Whole Cake command in the Armada. A Zou/Wano one is for certain but whether Carrot, Yamato, or neither are the leader is up in the air. One or both could become official crew members or be the leader of their command in the Armada. Either way, a bunch of Minks and SMILE users makes for a very Strawhat group.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Didn't Oda say the next two crew members would join in quick succession? It's unclear whether Jinbei is considered the first of those two, but it feels like a safe bet we'll have at least one person from the Wano arc joining the crew. We're in the final 20% of the story now, so I can't see it being left much longer.

ThingOne posted:

Yeah, this is where I land on it too. There are good arguments for and against Yamato joining narrative-wise, but he's declared his intention and it feels like even if Luffy said no, he'd still grab on to the anchor chain or something as they were leaving (like Oden and Whitebeard).

Of course he wouldn't last long due to being a devil fruit user, so Sanji or Jinbei would have to save him...

jassa fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 31, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I don't know if I see a place for Yamato in Wano after the battle shakes out. I don't think anyone would be happy with the son of the war criminal collaborator to the former dictator as the new power behind the throne.. Besides which if we assume that Momo surives and becomes shogun and everyone's dreams come true he's already got his older sister and his retainers to help him along the way. I mean Hiyori has been surviving on the periphery of the royal court for over a decade now, she knows all the power dynamics and the personalities.. who better could you ask to advise you?

Yamato to the sea with the Straw Hats!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

I mean, the obvious motive is adventure. She seems extremely keen on it.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
My concern about Yama-bro going with is that the inevitable Sanji reactions will be creepy and/or rude as hell.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Yamato needs to join to counteract Jinbe's reasonableness. Proper levels of dumbassery must be maintained.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The parallel of Yamato joining the Hats to Oden joining Roger feels too fun to pass up on. Not to mention he shouted something along the lines "hey I'm joining your crew take me to sea with you". Who's Oda to deny the character their dream?

Also can't tell if Carrot joining the crew is a joke or a serious theory. I can't remember any traits about them or any important story beats they had in prior arcs. Granted it's been two years since this fight started.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The World Inferno posted:

The parallel of Yamato joining the Hats to Oden joining Roger feels too fun to pass up on. Not to mention he shouted something along the lines "hey I'm joining your crew take me to sea with you". Who's Oda to deny the character their dream?

On the other hand, to become a Strawhat you must first deny Luffy's call to Adventure.

quote:

Also can't tell if Carrot joining the crew is a joke or a serious theory. I can't remember any traits about them or any important story beats they had in prior arcs. Granted it's been two years since this fight started.

She's done about as much as Vivi did, and a bunny girl is definitely in Oda's strike zone.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm rooting for Yamato but also desperately want the Strawhats to lower their ratio of hammers to people who can swim. One stray wave is going to knock out, like, five people.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Gyges posted:

I don't think there'll be a Whole Cake command in the Armada. A Zou/Wano one is for certain but whether Carrot, Yamato, or neither are the leader is up in the air. One or both could become official crew members or be the leader of their command in the Armada. Either way, a bunch of Minks and SMILE users makes for a very Strawhat group.

I think the Whole Cake thing is likely just from how they portray Katakuri and his relationship to his siblings compared to the entire family’s relationship to Big Mom. She’s a tyrant whose own children at times are terrified of her who belittles and pushes away those family members who don’t meet her standards. Meanwhile Katakuri is beloved and literally embraces his entire family so long as they aren’t acting dishonourably. I can see him and Brûlée and Pudding taking a chance to escape with other sympathetic Charlotte family members when the final Big Mom resolution happens.

Especially with the potential for say, Marco to lead Whitebeard Remnants and whatever goes down with Shanks it feels very appropriate for a final race to One Piece between Luffy who picks up people from all the Emperors and walks of life against Blackbeard who strikes the weak down and takes the easy way that leaves him with followers only interested in power.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

The World Inferno posted:

It's a serious theory, although its certainly lost some strength given how little spotlight she's had throughout Wano. It seemed a lot more likely back in Whole Cake. Carrot has done a lot of very strawhat things:

> Carrot loves adventure, and stowed away on the strawhat's ship without telling anyone. The only other times this has happened were with Vivi and Robin, one of which permanently joined the crew.
> Carrot dodged Zoro's attacks against her when we first met her, and has a unique floating + electricity based combat style that is unique even among the other minks. Unique fighting styles usually means either joining up or being an enemy, and Carrot hasn't been an enemy. Although, this got folks with Paulie back in the day, too.
> At the same time Jinbei's role as helmsman was established, Carrot demonstrated her potential role as lookout. She can fly up to the crow's nest in an instant and has very keen vision, she was able to call out the directions big mom's armada was chasing them from so they could keep away from them longer.
> Her Sulong form is really really cool, and she held her own against some of big mom's commanders for a little while with it, even sinking one of her boats.
> And importantly: she's cute and I like her.

But again, she hasn't done much of anything in Wano except lose to Perospero (off-screen!) after vowing to defeat him, which. Really hurts her chances. The fact she hasn't had any real spotlighting this arc takes a lot of wind out of this theory's sails.

That said if neither Carrot or Yamato joins the strawhats after this arc I will riot

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I'd also point out that while avenging Pedro would be great and all, Carrot was also the one to hear him say that it is his firm belief that a Mink needs to be on the ship that finally finds the One Piece, and it was at least implied he believed Luffy will be that person. So, she'd have a reason join to fulfill that mission.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

gnome7 posted:

It's a serious theory, although its certainly lost some strength given how little spotlight she's had throughout Wano. It seemed a lot more likely back in Whole Cake. Carrot has done a lot of very strawhat things:

> Carrot loves adventure, and stowed away on the strawhat's ship without telling anyone. The only other times this has happened were with Vivi and Robin, one of which permanently joined the crew.
> Carrot dodged Zoro's attacks against her when we first met her, and has a unique floating + electricity based combat style that is unique even among the other minks. Unique fighting styles usually means either joining up or being an enemy, and Carrot hasn't been an enemy. Although, this got folks with Paulie back in the day, too.
> At the same time Jinbei's role as helmsman was established, Carrot demonstrated her potential role as lookout. She can fly up to the crow's nest in an instant and has very keen vision, she was able to call out the directions big mom's armada was chasing them from so they could keep away from them longer.
> Her Sulong form is really really cool, and she held her own against some of big mom's commanders for a little while with it, even sinking one of her boats.
> And importantly: she's cute and I like her.

But again, she hasn't done much of anything in Wano except lose to Perospero (off-screen!) after vowing to defeat him, which. Really hurts her chances. The fact she hasn't had any real spotlighting this arc takes a lot of wind out of this theory's sails.

That said if neither Carrot or Yamato joins the strawhats after this arc I will riot

Carrot busting out shoujou manga drawings is extremely Straw Hat:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol @ ppl thinking carrot and yamato won't join. sorry haters and losers but it's happening !

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

YggiDee posted:

I'm rooting for Yamato but also desperately want the Strawhats to lower their ratio of hammers to people who can swim. One stray wave is going to knock out, like, five people.

At the moment it's what, four DF users (one of whom can run on water if not caught off guard) and six non-DF users? That's not a bad ratio. Plus the latest addition to the crew was a fishman. They'll be fine.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The true reason Jinbe joined was to save DF users, helmsman is just so he feels good about himself

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

YggiDee posted:

They have Jimbei who is like the ultimate water dude, he's like 10 non-swimmers at once. He can just make a wave and toss all the DF users back on the boat at once.

And Sanji's even gotten faster post-timeskip and loving skips through water now.

And the Sunny Go has a submarine.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
I need help from this thread. Today at work I remembered a Japanese fan video where they use the tune of We Are but replaced the lyrics with just character names and it fits perfectly with the original song. I have been searching youtube for like an hour now and can't find it, if anyone else remembered it and knows where to find it I would love a link to it.

Right now I constantly have the first line stuck in my head and would like the rest of the song.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Yamato is 100% joining, he said that he wants to set sail with Luffy.

He also fit in perfectly from the minute he jumped on screen, I can't think of a better new recruit. Carrot is a bit of a wildcard, in that she hasn't really done anything of note in this whole arc other than being beaten off screen. I'd really like to her to join, but odds are looking worse and worse for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

A Bug posted:

Carrot busting out shoujou manga drawings is extremely Straw Hat:

Marge-brook always kills me