Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rewatching Cowboy Bebop tonight with a friend who hasn't seen it since he was a kid and it's insane how much it pwns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

symbolic posted:

rewatching Cowboy Bebop tonight with a friend who hasn't seen it since he was a kid and it's insane how much it pwns

the imp synchronicity is incredibly powerful. just watched episode 5 and 6 on my rewatch. Ballad of fallen angels ftw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

the imp synchronicity is incredibly powerful. just watched episode 5 and 6 on my rewatch. Ballad of fallen angels ftw

incredibly powerful since that's the ep we just started :staredog: "Green Bird" ftmfw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

symbolic posted:

incredibly powerful since that's the ep we just started :staredog: "Green Bird" ftmfw

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I want to get excited for the live action remake, but I know better

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

started a dbz kai rewatch today wth an all systems goku relisten alongside it. god i love this show lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

I want to get excited for the live action remake, but I know better

its gonna be a huge pile of turds, just like the rest. so let it be written, so let it be done

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

its gonna be a huge pile of turds, just like the rest. so let it be written, so let it be done

i think i'll still give it a shot but yeah, i'm not hopeful

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

the casting all looks great but it just looks like professional cosplay shots instead of actual clothes or places. oh well!!

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
netflix productions are always mediocre. the only two Netflix originals worth watching are dark, the irishman, and what did Jack do

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cowboy Bebop owns but I hate Ed and am old and brave enough to admit it.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

uhh ed is cool though?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

started a dbz kai rewatch today wth an all systems goku relisten alongside it. god i love this show lmao

All systems goku is probably the funniest thing I ever listened to

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

uhh ed is cool though?

This

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i can understand not liking Ed superficially, but i thought she was a good addition and, by the end, a perfect contrast to Faye not letting go of her past and being stuck in a cycle while Ed is able to move on freely after reuniting with her past

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My friend in high school had a big Cowboy Bebop wall scroll hanging in his family’s otherwise normal living room.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

I'm rewatching it now in full for the first time instead of random Adult Swim episodes on school nights. Show good.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mycophobia posted:

uhh ed is cool though?

Yup.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

All systems goku is probably the funniest thing I ever listened to

i thought itd lose something in a relisten but nope lmfao. it's so fuckin good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

uhh ed is cool though?

this

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Remembering the last few episodes of bebop and thinking “no big deal there’s a film after this!” And slowly realising with dread the film must be set at a random point after Edd joined before the end of the show

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If you held a gun to my head and told me to sing the real folk blues in Japanese I could probably do it

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
ed's episode around her chess game and meeting her dad on earth are some of the best episodes. Ed ftw

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tank will live in my head forever. there's some stiff competition but I'm thinking it's the best anime opener of all time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Famous TV Dad posted:

i watched the green knight and it reminded me of this synthy post

Lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

The Klowner posted:

tank will live in my head forever. there's some stiff competition but I'm thinking it's the best anime opener of all time.

its up there... eva, berserk, trigun too

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

symbolic posted:

i can understand not liking Ed superficially, but i thought she was a good addition and, by the end, a perfect contrast to Faye not letting go of her past and being stuck in a cycle while Ed is able to move on freely after reuniting with her past

Yeah towards the end I'm glad she exists, but it's hard to see her in the first half as anything but epic zany bacon comic relief for the most part

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah towards the end I'm glad she exists, but it's hard to see her in the first half as anything but epic zany bacon comic relief for the most part

yeah I agree, I don't dislike her but she does come across like that imo. I jut don't find her as wearing as that character type normally is.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

if the netflix remake doesn't have Green Bird in it then it can go right in the trash.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

they're gonna give a precise and clear account of spike and vicious and Julia instead of leaving most of it vague and full of suggestion :negative:

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Been watching Space Dandy, still surprised that director followed up Cowboy Bepop and Samurai Champloo with Horny Slacker Surfer Flash Gordon who likes to go to Hooters. Still rocks though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Didn’t know that was by Watanabe, been meaning to watch it for a while.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Didn’t know that was by Watanabe, been meaning to watch it for a while.

its so drat good lol, one of my favorites ever. iirc they got a different animation team nd set of writers in to do every episode and got tons of people to contribute one or two songs so every episode is completely different and even though some of them stink, the ones that are good are insanely good and weird and experimental. maybe my favorite watanabe show

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I recognise the main character because I used to think he was sweet JP lol, and I think I was mixing the name up with that pretty old anime outlaw star so hadn't realised it was a new Watanabe thing

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

and all that sounds cool as hell

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

the casting all looks great

I don't think spike fits at all

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Neither does ein tbh.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

Been watching Space Dandy, still surprised that director followed up Cowboy Bepop and Samurai Champloo with Horny Slacker Surfer Flash Gordon who likes to go to Hooters. Still rocks though.

space dandy is better than bebop or champloo imo. but watanabes most recent show (carole & tuesday) is awful

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
live action anime? oh yeah.... that looks great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Started Stardust Crusaders after like 9 years away from jojos