Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

You can get one for free? Oh poo poo. Oh gently caress. That's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Im just picturing a clown pulling out a garret to strangle someone, but its one of those comically long clown scarves so he spends 2 minutes stalking the target before he can strike

Probably would work better as a visual medium.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Im just picturing a clown pulling out a garret to strangle someone, but its one of those comically long clown scarves so he spends 2 minutes stalking the target before he can strike

:???:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I just went to high school for mine, real easy.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Probably meant carrot.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Paladinus posted:

Probably meant carrot.

I assumed he meant garnet.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Probably meant carrot.
No, that's an orange root vegetable. Probably meant Barret

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Foxfire_ posted:

No, that's an orange root vegetable. Probably meant Barret

No, that's the real protagonist of Final Fantasy 7. They meant claret.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Screaming Idiot posted:

No, that's the real protagonist of Final Fantasy 7. They meant claret.

What, no? No no thats a full bodied red wine. You're looking for a cornet here.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Sounds like a SS13 story.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

What, no? No no thats a full bodied red wine. You're looking for a cornet here.

Nah, that's a goofy trumpet. Are you thinking of culottes?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
No, I'm still pretty sure they meant carrot.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Nah, that's a goofy trumpet. Are you thinking of culottes?

The knee sock? Wha- wh-, I thought the trumpet was the cabaret

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

No, that's a stage show with a band. You must be thinking of a cabinet.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Comedy Forum

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think they meant the thing you strangle with, i.e. Goforth.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

https://i.imgur.com/1c7MMCb.mp4

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Data Graham posted:

I mean, in the one case the windows look out on a parking lot, but in the other you're on the 23rd floor

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

look at these good dogs

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

how dare you

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zetsubou-san posted:

look at these good dogs

One of the dogs is called Noobie (Novichok). I wonder if it's related to the neurotoxin.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Paladinus posted:

One of the dogs is called Noobie (Novichok). I wonder if it's related to the neurotoxin.

novichok just means "noobie"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

LifeSunDeath posted:

novichok just means "noobie"

Well, why would you call a neurotoxin Novichok if not in honour of a Pavlov's dog?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://twitter.com/mulegirl/status/1432691969378041864?s=19

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

She cut out the loving phone number!!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CannonFodder posted:

Allergy because of a tick bite or doctor's orders to cut out red meat?

There are all kinds of other fun conditions that can interfere with the enjoyment of red meat, like ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Squallets.

Ok, internet. ok.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Somehow I missed the genesis of this meme and never picked it up, so now I get to be annoyed by everyone else.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
old joke but the pun is solid and the topic is current so I laughed

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

freeedr posted:

She cut out the loving phone number!!

support your local squallet dealer instead

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Jabberlock posted:

support your local squallet dealer instead

I can use it to buy some 55% beer.

Squieer?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

old joke but the pun is solid and the topic is current so I laughed

:haibrow:

Although let's be real, he's probably getting astroturfed to some "Siberia" position where he can quietly serve out his career and draw a paycheck instead of having to get a real job like his scummy rear end deserves.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

today is a day to celebrate, walrus! we can wail and gnash our teeth on another day. today we laugh at an rear end in a top hat who hosed up his own dreams by being greedy!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It's super cool and normal and a great sign for our future how gameshow hosts are subjected to far more scrutiny and rigorous standards than members of Congress or even Presidents.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

:haibrow:

Although let's be real, he's probably getting astroturfed to some "Siberia" position where he can quietly serve out his career and draw a paycheck instead of having to get a real job like his scummy rear end deserves.

He was already in one! Nobody questioned his lovely past until his ego demanded that he be the Jeopardy host.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Imagined posted:

It's super cool and normal and a great sign for our future how gameshow hosts are subjected to far more scrutiny and rigorous standards than members of Congress or even Presidents.

In theory people could stop watching Jeopardy over a scandal, but the taxman never stops coming.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I'm not saying we shouldn't hold celebrities to high standards, just lamenting that we seem to do so in inverse proportion to how much that person's job actually matters. Gameshow host made some bad tweets? loving cancelled forever. Politician calls for the heads of innocent black teens, brags about grabbing women by the pussy? Make that man President!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Imagined posted:

I'm not saying we shouldn't hold celebrities to high standards, just lamenting that we seem to do so in inverse proportion to how much that person's job actually matters. Gameshow host made some bad tweets? loving cancelled forever. Politician calls for the heads of innocent black teens, brags about grabbing women by the pussy? Make that man President!

The difference is that a gameshow host isn't an elected position, and the powers that be got worried that he'd be enough of a turn off to cost them money in whatever they define their core demographic as. The transition from someone as beloved as Trebek to any new person is going to be fraught enough as it is. Someone in a position to make a decision decided that nah, this wasn't going to be worth it just pick someone new.

If it was an actual election and the results were binding? Don't kid yourself, you'd see a huge chunk of the country mobilizing to elect the most racist, sexist, homophobic rear end in a top hat they could fine to host the show if they thought it would "own the libs."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A gameshow host is appointed by the network and their job is to be as inoffensive as possible to maximise viewership.

A president is appointed by an actual voting system and their job is to enact the political desires of a group of people who are directly at odds with a bunch of other people because we live in a society where we are in direct conflict with other people.

One of these is more susceptible to a small but vocal plurality of dissenters than the other.