Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Local school member just quit due to threats from CHUD world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

mastershakeman posted:

feeling like just doing this on per capita rates in lovely little counties that went 90% trump doesn't matter and having huge amounts of cities not be vaccinated is gonna be a big problem for purple states. what do i know though

i think its wildly meaningful in Florida and Georgia.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

mastershakeman posted:

man i am HOPPED UP on my maximum titers. thank you walgreens for just having some dumb rear end form to check a big box on

:sickos:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

they've already done this

barring a few of the crazies, about a month ago republicans got very very loud about getting vaccinated as it became clear that the deaths were starting to center in their own voters

It's probably still not a big deal for them. COVID kills 300,000 republican voters? Then they'll suppress 310,000 democratic voters.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

MisterFister posted:

Hey thread I’m fully vaxxed but still got covid a couple weeks ago. Got my negative PCR last week how long do I have to wait to get booster? or do I? not finding much online about the booster after having covid.

call a nurse hotline to be sure but last I was aware it was a month.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Kunabomber posted:

lol boss just told everyone to send a ticket request to this dude, i'm losing my fuckin mind

it's just that dude in that IT company and he's 50/50 on making it out of the hospital alive

boss is generally good but he's definitely a liberal
lmaooo

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Covok posted:

I know Democrats are useless but I also believe it would be LMAO FUNNY AF if Republicans fall apart. Like, it wouldn't make things too much better due to captial but I would find it hilarious.

people have been predicting this since I’ve been politically aware and it hasn’t happened

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Schnorkles posted:

i think its wildly meaningful in Florida and Georgia.

which matters more: fulton county having 5 dead per 100k, so 50 (fulton is 1m) or so podunk county of 10k having 15 dead per 100k, so 1.5

also just doing deaths since 7/31 is kinda wild because of how this thing moves around. im sure things looked great least year for team blue until california started having 150k daily cases or whatever the hell they had

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

AceOfFlames posted:

Second dose done!
:nice:

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

BONGHITZ posted:

looks like falcon guy deleted all their tweets? sad. low energy. was hoping for more drama
Another cspam covid-19 thread success story

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

“The Why Axis” is the most obnoxious late-2000s blog name I’ve ever heard so of course it is perfect for The Failing New York Times in 2021

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
COVID19 was the 3rd leading cause of death last year and it's on pace to do the same or worse this year.

=-)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/molcranenewman/status/1432749411457699840?s=21

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

RIP

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Zurtilik posted:

COVID19 was the 3rd leading cause of death last year and it's on pace to do the same or worse this year.

=-)

Gonna take a lot to beat cancer but I think we can do it.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

actionjackson posted:

where does it say it was because he wouldn't get vaccinated?

The articles don't come out and say he got cut because he wouldn't get vaccinated - that would make him a martyr for the antivax cause.

The articles I read make three observations, and leave it to the reader to draw their own conclusions:

1) Because he was unvaccinated and did not understand the rules surrounding travel while unvaccinated, he had to quarantine and missed five days of practice prior to the last preseason game, giving Mac Jones an opportunity to impress the coaches.
2) Because he remains unvaccinated, Newton would have to be tested daily. With each new test comes the risk that he pops positive, which would suddenly put their number one qb out of service for ten days with zero notice. If he tested positive on Sunday morning, he is out for that day's game plus the remainder of the quarantine period. Vaccinated players do not have to get tested daily therefore the risk that they will pop positive unexpectedly is far lower.
3) Bill Belichick likes to be in control of as much variability as possible.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pillowpants posted:

Local school member just quit due to threats from CHUD world.

literally terrorism lol

Iverron
May 13, 2012

they’re doing this in Oklahoma too

completely optional, masking “encouraged”

speedrunning exposing every kid in the state

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Buffer posted:

Week two of LAUSD. Kiddo is still negative and healthy. Her classroom exposure was *2* desks away(so she was 3 feet from being quarantined lol), but she's rocking a KN95 respirator and dodged it.

Last week we only had a few kids out, none in her class, and the positivity rate / etc. started tracking with the general community rate instead of being 20-30% higher.
Friday we discovered the water fountains had all been left on in the school site council meeting.
Monday they called us to say the school was closed. It was not.

So, utter shitshow, but better than most! LAUSD teachers union has loving rocked though, especially compared to NYC and Chicago.

Thoguh posted:

That's a really nice reminder how much of a difference wearing a real mask and wearing it properly helps.
yeah this gives me some small glimmer of hope with my kid going to school with a KF94 + Mask Mandate + outside lunch + SAFELY 3 feet apart (lmao) + MERV 13 filters in class + upgraded HEPA filters in building

we'll loving see if it's enough
my real hope is it's enough to protect them until the school closes down and goes remote in a weeks' time

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
My understanding of Moderna 3 is that the side effects are a little less severe than moderna 2. I might schedule this for Friday and use the long weekend to recover. I've got my eye on that novavax and I'm waiting for that to become available in Ohio.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

fuckin brentwood

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/status/1432762071142199299

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

euphronius posted:

literally terrorism lol

seems fine

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

boosties btfo enjoy your perpetual jab

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Is it really hard to explain?

Being honest with ourselves, is any of this difficult to explain?

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Beard culture is worse than anti-vax culture.

I look (more) like poo poo without a beard.

Lucky nobody will ever see me without my respirator so it works out. It's like a prosthetic beard.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/PhillyInquirer/status/1432737106439413765

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

Still trying to negotiate with a virus :hmmyes:

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Lol, couldn't they have bought/made some for $20?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Greg Legg posted:

My understanding of Moderna 3 is that the side effects are a little less severe than moderna 2. I might schedule this for Friday and use the long weekend to recover. I've got my eye on that novavax and I'm waiting for that to become available in Ohio.

Moderna
Moderna 2: Vaxx Harder
Moderna with a Vengeance
Moderna Free or Die Hard (of COVID)
A Good Day to Moderna

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

good

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

skewetoo posted:

its not faaaaaaaaair

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Is it really hard to explain?

Being honest with ourselves, is any of this difficult to explain?

here let me explain it:

we're idiots

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/giannihillpa/status/1431669497832878095?s=21

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao is it though, is it really hard to explain?? :thunkgun:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

When my doctor learned one of my two shots was moderna she revealed herself to be a moderna stan lol. My doctor is hyped on these vaccines

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

skewetoo posted:

but you're not to infect me like that :o:

if you would just kindly disperse into the ether so I can resume my vacuous consumerist activities that is monstrously propped up by an elaborate system that requires a permanent underclass and people killed to maintain it :o:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lastgirl posted:

lol hundreds of thousands of deaths, BUT A THIRD SHOT WASN'T PART OF THE DEAL :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!
which one is pittsburgh