Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Iron Crowned posted:

You can catch COVID at places that are not work.

gotta go places first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

gotta go places first

Oh, we know Hollismason goes places

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ice Phisherman posted:

It is deliberate. The schools are opening and that is a choice made by the elite. Children are going to be the main vectors for covid.

Yes I know decisions are being made, my point was it does not have to be an agreement among them with a unified strategy. They have similar goals and will find reasons to open up schools or workplaces or whatever and some may not literally be trying to kill people, but their intent is irrelevant.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lol the consoomer zoo person is just living their best life in the American bubble because they're the main character of their life and it must be enriched with certain parameters to ensure this

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Ice Phisherman posted:

It is deliberate. The schools are opening and that is a choice made by the elite. Children are going to be the main vectors for covid.

that’s not as simple as this thread makes it out to be.

there was a exodus from public schools last year. a large number of people with resources either: went private, homeschooled, or had pods with a hired tutor. on the poor end people just disappeared from the system entirely.

a lot of those kids aren’t going to be coming back into the system.

it’s all so very stupid because none of it had to be this way. nothing better was considered or tried.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Ice Phisherman posted:

but of people who are hesitant to get vaxxed like African Americans due to a history of being medically experimented

There’s a very simple solution to this particular problem.

Give someone $50 to take an Uber to the whitest neighborhood they can find and get the vaccine there

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bar Ran Dun posted:

that’s not as simple as this thread makes it out to be.

there was a exodus from public schools last year. a large number of people with resources either: went private, homeschooled, or had pods with a hired tutor. on the poor end people just disappeared from the system entirely.

a lot of those kids aren’t going to be coming back into the system.

it’s all so very stupid because none of it had to be this way. nothing better was considered or tried.

But Applebee's was closed for six entire weeks, what more do you want?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

The Nastier Nate posted:

Give someone $50 to take an Uber to the whitest neighborhood they can find and get the vaccine there

lol you don't get what they're hesitant about. it's not the locale of the clinic dude.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

lol the consoomer zoo person is just living their best life in the American bubble because they're the main character of their life and it must be enriched with certain parameters to ensure this

Also the American style consumerism is seen like a act of religious devotion

Showing I'm not afraid by visit the mall for the the latest store discounts!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What's a good respirator that has a very low profile ? I don't want some huge thing on my face.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hollismason posted:

What's a good respirator that has a very low profile ? I don't want some huge thing on my face.

It's all in the first post these days.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

BIG HORNY COW posted:

My girlfriend and I have been talking about this a lot lately. "Are we crazy? It seems like nobody in public is taking any of this poo poo even the slightest bit seriously"

Is easy explained thinking adults are just fat childrens that pretend they have all figured out, but have replaced curiosity by stupidity.

Nobody know what they are doing, they just hope for the best. We are making a bet with these kids life. In our defense, is a pretty safe bet, kids don't die from coronavirus (except these that do die, but are very rare). and the vaccine still is can't be adviced to kid, but I hope we get one for kids soon... it should be a priority.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Hollismason posted:

Usually the reason to get a respirator is to have the best possible protection, in which case honeywell or 3m is very reputable and their respirators are a certain size for a reason. I would go with a n95 if you want a lower profile since if you get into these weird fashion-PPE companies trying to promise a p100 in a format that looks great
as a design principle you could end up with worse protection than you thought you were getting. (imo)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ice Phisherman posted:

As incredibly evil as this is, this is what I keep ending up at. I can't imagine these specific series of events that explains this in any other fashion. All of these actions smack of a deliberate cull of the unvaccinated. Not just the chuds, but of people who are hesitant to get vaxxed like African Americans due to a history of being medically experimented on and basically all school aged children.

It really feels like there's been some agreement among the elite that there's too much surplus labor in America and the groups that are going to get wrecked by delta are expendable.

We're going to have an incredible rash of stochastic violence after this and I'm expecting popular protests and riots again.

But isn’t surplus labor a GOOD thing for capital? Don’t they know what happened after the Black Death?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AceOfFlames posted:

But isn’t surplus labor a GOOD thing for capital? Don’t they know what happened after the Black Death?

Number go up! :ohdear:

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Tei posted:

Is easy explained thinking adults are just fat childrens that pretend they have all figured out, but have replaced curiosity by stupidity.

Nobody know what they are doing, they just hope for the best. We are making a bet with these kids life. In our defense, is a pretty safe bet, kids don't die from coronavirus (except these that do die, but are very rare). and the vaccine still is can't be adviced to kid, but I hope we get one for kids soon... it should be a priority.

[COVID-19] adults are just fat childrens that pretend they have all figured out, but have replaced curiosity by stupidity.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

AceOfFlames posted:

Yes. More competition for jobs means lower salaries. The entire reason they're pushing schools to open is to free up more parents to work.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

AceOfFlames posted:

there's a whole lot of imbalances in how the labor force works and social safety nets because of the size of the boomer generation in comparison to the rest of the population. trying to "solve" the FICA crisis is not something number wants to try and deal with, and so a disease coming around that conveniently solves the problem for them is likely seen as a blessing.

the federal government is, at least at some level, allowing continued spread of a virulent and dangerous disease because its incredibly useful to the system.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

reminder that in 2020, the lowest number of people joined FICA programs (specifically social security) since the 1980's, and excess mortality will likely end up meaning that social security/medicare saw a net decrease in total usage.

a couple years of that and you've solved the biggest fiscal cliff in american politics.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

BIG HORNY COW posted:

My girlfriend and I have been talking about this a lot lately. "Are we crazy? It seems like nobody in public is taking any of this poo poo even the slightest bit seriously"

Drove through Newburyport MA yesterday and sidewalks were full of maskless people, restaurants were packed, stopped at a red light and could see in a hair salon full of people getting hair done, not a mask in sight. Rich people all seem to feel invulnerable to this poo poo, maybe as a consequence of never actually having consequences for anything they've ever done.

I'm glad other people are feeling (and I hate using this word) gaslit by everyone else's behavior.

Gaslighting is very literally the correct term in this case. It's been the primary strategy since Trump and Biden's administration has kicked it into overdrive. The whole point is to make you feel like you're crazy for caring about overflowing hospitals and dead people.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

solving climate change, saving the world, and fixing our social safety net with one handy boomer remover

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Hollismason posted:

I don't want some huge thing on my face.

What would you consider huge using the Hardy Scale?

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 1, 2021

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

I was worried about other people's reactions at first when joining respirator krew but thankfully I'm in king county where nobody even gives it a second look. Unless you're in ivermectin country I don't think anybody really cares. And it's soooo nice wearing a respirator compared to even an N95. With an N95 on I'd still worry about my seal and passing chin diapers but now with a respirator I can walk through crowds of unmasked idgaf.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Twigand Berries posted:

:lol:

This owns

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Nastier Nate posted:

ah but whites were also medically experimented on, see the stateville malaria experiments the nazis cited as the usa being just as bad as them. so doubting people can't trust the vaccines no matter what locale

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

College Rockout posted:

I was worried about other people's reactions at first when joining respirator krew but thankfully I'm in king county where nobody even gives it a second look. Unless you're in ivermectin country I don't think anybody really cares. And it's soooo nice wearing a respirator compared to even an N95. With an N95 on I'd still worry about my seal and passing chin diapers but now with a respirator I can walk through crowds of unmasked idgaf.

There was some minor commotions about it at work, that were about as strong as a double take when I donned the respirator for the first time in October. Other than that I received some shade from randos during the May-July low point.

I wear it everywhere.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

College Rockout posted:

it's truly wild that you use the same rhetoric for people who wear masks that anti-maskers do but it's from the other side of the horseshoe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Twigand Berries posted:

somewhere btween 2 and 3 i think is where i draw the line

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
gently caress it. i hope the next variant has high fomite transmission and takes us all.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

gently caress it. i hope the next variant has high fomite transmission and takes us all.

I fuckin' love Fortnite transmissions.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I have lunch duty fml

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/KEBrightbill/status/1432639871445839873

showing us goons how it's done.

:furcry:

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/fstonenyc/status/1433089858931724294

reading this headline and thinking back to this tweet
https://twitter.com/USinTT/status/1404227576789454849

just letting this poo poo rot on the shelves instead of doing any work at all to get them somewhere they can be used
lol gently caress this demon nation

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Stealing my move, eh?

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I fuckin' love Fortnite transmissions.

Flossing my way to the ICU, only to be told there's no room- the nurse then dabs on me

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

My MIL and FIL both had COVID and both had kidney stones within the last month

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the disease going vascular and attacking organs at a certain level of severity means that we really shouldn't be surprised by anything like this

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

A big pool is vital but if it gets too big people get too desperate and it becomes cheaper to find some way to kill a whole shitload of them than expand policing to control them. It's why you'd get big wars popping up for stupid reasons whenever some new invention or process just put a shitload of people out of work.

The American public cannot stomach an actual war with actual significant loss of (American) life so instead we have oversightless law enforcement that is effectively unbound in normal times and formally unbound in times of unrest, and of course more people in prison than any other nation in human history

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Caseman posted:

This has been posted before but this feels like the opposite of a crack ping, I kinda feel like my entire brain structure has collapsed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhRb5hnTseU
Dr. John has been a primary source for me this entire pandemic. I believe I found him from CSPAM COVID thread one. I tend to believe he has a good idea what the medical consensus is and a pretty good idea of where we're heading.

So we've just given up? If the current situation in hospitals and schools is us giving a poo poo about this virus, what the gently caress is giving up going to do?
They're going to stop doing free public testing. The number doesn't matter anymore because everyone is going to get it. Everyone. The number of cases will eventually just be the number of people. This is the bleakest this has seemed to me since it began.
Herd Immunity is impossible, it is never coming. This virus is just going to mutate and re-spread through the entire population over and over again until what?

Is public health really completely incompatible with our culture, economy, and government? COVID just wins because we're all so loving stupid? After all the goddamn insane poo poo humanity has managed to survive, this is the thing that's going to actually turn us into a scene from Children of Men.

This was definitely a crack but not a ping. I don't understand how you surrender to the virus. It's just baked in that 2% of people are going to die? Old people, the immunocompromised, the unvaccinated chuds... sorry you're going to get it no matter what gently caress you.

Hospital ICUs are collapsing under the strain and it's still summer... Come on ping, where are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Yes I know decisions are being made, my point was it does not have to be an agreement among them with a unified strategy. They have similar goals and will find reasons to open up schools or workplaces or whatever and some may not literally be trying to kill people, but their intent is irrelevant.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_purpose_of_a_system_is_what_it_does