Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

apparently parents at my nieces school are asking if they're allowed to take their kids out of school for lunch and it's like "uh sure legally we can't say no but you realize lunch is 20 minutes right?"

I've been pulling my kid out for lunch lol it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Would this give me a pair of big ones or what

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

amethystbliss posted:

This is from a few pages back, but I asked our public school about this and they told me to gently caress off and they "would not tolerate it!". Looks like I'm just another RN leaving the workforce for now, joining homeschool crew 2021.

Given the choice between remote and homeschool, I'd choose homeschool 100 times over. You get to make your own schedule, generally know better than the teacher what your kid's learning style is, and get to cut out the busy work that leads to tantrums. It's clear that most schools will flop between open/closed for the forseeable future, so homeschooling just erases all virtual options altogether hallelujah. We bought some grade level workbooks, extra virtual math tutoring sessions at Kumon and a dance and piano class on Outschool. We'll do the academic basics and then have fun hiking, cooking, and going on outdoor field trips with her KN94. Hoping this is just a short term thing until she can get vaxxed but depending on community transmission, it may stretch out until schools require vaccinations.

I'm willing to hold on for another year of virtual because I don't want to contribute to the exodus from public schools we are seeing here.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Good lord please let this poo poo be over in another year, school is coming fast

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Inspector Hound posted:

Good lord please let this poo poo be over in another year, school is coming fast

delta will be over in a year, yes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm willing to hold on for another year of virtual because I don't want to contribute to the exodus from public schools we are seeing here.

We can't do virtual schooling anymore because that takes more than zero effort for parents
they can't get tuesday drunk if they need to help little Timmy figure out his algebra

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

Why are you doing this to yourself dude? :smith:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

We can't do virtual schooling anymore because that takes more than zero effort for parents
they can't get tuesday drunk if they need to help little Timmy figure out his algebra

we can only do it because we enrolled in it months ago. by last week people were clamoring for spots but none were left.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

kazmeyer posted:

Ugh Dr. Feigl-Ding just liked a tweet blaming Nader for the last 20 years of what happened in America.

Between this and calling Spider-Man a mutant, STAY IN YOUR LANE VIRUS BOY GODDAMMIT

I thought Spider-Man was some kind of honorary or half mutant or something.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PerniciousKnid posted:

Turn on your monitor

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

we can only do it because we enrolled in it months ago. by last week people were clamoring for spots but none were left.

oh yeah they intentionally capped it when it became obvious it was popular (more popular than in school instruction most likely)

school boards suck
politicians suck
gently caress the childless chud moms and pink polo dads who poo poo up meetings demanding sacrifices

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

PerniciousKnid posted:

he taught some xavier school superpower classes one time so that probably counts

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

There is exactly as much evidence the US did it as China did it. Fort Bragg & the Wuhan lab both had some form of airborne disease leaked into the public, neither appear to have been Covid or have actually spread. Both countries participated in the Wuhan WMG 2019. The WMG 2019 is becoming more accepted as the first super spreader event as it accounts for the outbreaks in Iran & Italy.

My personal theory is that COVID existed in one of the wet/exotic meat markets, and the super meathead types participating in WMG 2019 likely took trips to eat exotic meats there for strength and big dick power.

Fort Detrick! Fort Bragg is famous for other things

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cup Runneth Over posted:

only if your coworkers give a poo poo about you. otherwise they'll report you to your manager

This happened to me day 1 of a project once and I quit the next day because I could see how everyone sucked there

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHDPCJqBQI4

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

mastershakeman posted:

This happened to me day 1 of a project once and I quit the next day because I could see how everyone sucked there

yup

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

our iPad won't let us log in to Teams so we are playing in the back yard. it's also frustrating but in a way more bougie and secondary manner than yours.

lol they'll only offer virtual learning to 300 kids this year but they still manage to gently caress up the launch in the same loving way as last year

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Cup Runneth Over posted:

it's important for assigning the blame, which will change uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it's important to know where it came from and what human actions led to it spreading in humans so we can try not to be as stupid in the future.

I mean, we wont do that but that doesn't mean it isn't important.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

kazmeyer posted:

Ugh Dr. Feigl-Ding just liked a tweet blaming Nader for the last 20 years of what happened in America.

Between this and calling Spider-Man a mutant, STAY IN YOUR LANE VIRUS BOY GODDAMMIT

Crackl-Ping is a major shitlib when he strays from doomposting.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Shifty Pony posted:

it's important to know where it came from and what human actions led to it spreading in humans so we can try not to be as stupid in the future.

I mean, we wont do that but that doesn't mean it isn't important.

maybe we could try not to be as stupid as we're currently being right now, first?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

nexous posted:

delta will be over in a year, yes

Hell, Delta is almost sure to be over by New Years.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nothus posted:

Crackl-Ping is a major shitlib when he strays from doomposting.

Here's a wild loving idea:

maybe people should stick to their area of expertise

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

mastershakeman posted:

I remember I went into interview for a recruiter at a staffing agency and they told me they went through 50 recruiters in like a 12 month period

I asked them why the turnover was high, to which they told me they kept hiring awful people.

I didn't get a callback 😎

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Pfizer delta specific booster should get approved just in time for the Mu wave

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Can't wait to die with covid, I hate

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Cup Runneth Over posted:

maybe we could try not to be as stupid as we're currently being right now, first?

no.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

HHS Update: As of 8AM, 914 Hospitals reported staffing shortages with another 61 expected this week.

Here's the ICU data since 8/20
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a4_AsOJBvwnbFKwXXSuQQlVm2Nxs7ccB8Cxr53J--bc/edit?usp=sharing

Biggest Changes WY, IA, and SD have all seen ICU occupancy increase by 10% or more (lol sturgis) and I think a lot of states are lying or not reporting.

HHS Update: As of 8AM, 905 Hospitals reported staffing shortages with another 87 expected in 7 days.
https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1433208689264058372?s=20
Movements expected in 7 days
TN: Yellow to Red
NE, KS, NH: Yellow to Orange
Maine is the only place reporting a positive change

ICU Occupancy (Red = 90%+, Orange = 80%+, Yellow=70%+, Pink =50%+, and Green is New Jersey
https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1433210118548688896?s=20
Oklahoma and Arkansas -----> Orange to Red
WA ----> Orange to Yellow
KY: ----> Orange to Pink
VT -----> Green to Yellow
RI, PA: ------> Yellow to Orange

ICU Change % from 8/20 to today: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a4_AsOJBvwnbFKwXXSuQQlVm2Nxs7ccB8Cxr53J--bc/edit?usp=sharing

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

SKULL.GIF posted:

When this all started (remember "two weeks to flatten the curve"?) it was originally sold as a temporary lockdown simply to prevent overwhelming the hospital system. "

I remember watching Gov. Wolf's press conference on a Thursday afternoon thinking "2 weeks at home with no day care? how am i gonna survive 2 whole weeks??!?" then stopping at Trader Joe''s on the way home after work to get a few things and it was like the Kwiki mart scene in Hurricane Ned

in retrospect the whole day had a 9/11 feel to it in the sense that "oh everything's about to be different now"

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Joe should have Eric Feigl-Ding on that would be an awesome ep

I am still laughing at the z pack, every rich rear end in a top hat demands antibiotics for no reason whenever they get sick :guillotine:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

The Nastier Nate posted:

I remember watching Gov. Wolf's press conference on a Thursday afternoon thinking "2 weeks at home with no day care? how am i gonna survive 2 whole weeks??!?" then stopping at Trader Joe''s on the way home after work to get a few things and it was like the Kwiki mart scene in Hurricane Ned

in retrospect the whole day had a 9/11 feel to it in the sense that "oh everything's about to be different now"

The only people who said that two weeks to flatten the curb crap were trump and co

everyone with a brain knew that was bullshit

now i remember why that guy is on my ignore list for some real bad positing

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Relax everyone nobody of importance will ever die from covid, it is entirely a disease of the poor.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

RBC posted:

The only people who said that two weeks to flatten the curb crap were trump and co

everyone with a brain knew that was bullshit

now i remember why that guy is on my ignore list for some real bad positing

the two kinds of posters: those that knew that everything was hosed in february 2020 and those that think there will be a return to normal some day

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1432344003945578503

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1432362498628493312

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

you should preorder your morgue space, they’re going fast

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

idk I think it's be funny to convince them to eat cow magnets. Two or more for maximum effect.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
So I spent the day in the Emergency Room (Massachusetts)

There was a staffing shortage, or at least it seemed to be. I counted 2 nurses in the ER, 12 patients.

There was a 97 year old patient with brain fog who told the nurse she was vaccinated and the person wheeling her to the CT scan she wasn't.

There was a woman in her 60's who had covid last year and was having some hard times. Her BP was 197/80 or something and she kept having to pop nitro to be able to breathe.

As I was about to leave, I heard this redneck dude talking about how hes been sick for two weeks and he's been taking medicine he got online....I think this was ivermectin guy.

Also, Kidney stones loving blow.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Asproigerosis posted:

Relax everyone nobody of importance will ever die from covid, it is entirely a disease of the poor.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

set ur schedules for suck n gently caress window at booster +15 days

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Who is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari