Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blackhawk posted:

Lmao I love how SHOPPING and DINING are ALWAYS OK! While in some circumstances travel and private gatherings are NOT OK.

lmao the CDC is just condoning more pro capitalism consumerism.

This is despite places like bars / indoor dining being highlighted as one of the real world spots for new case creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Already played, PS5 deleted my game save near the end. :(

That sucks :(

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Is 12 beers two days before my first shot a bad idea.

Haven't done it yet.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

A perfect time for Melbourne to surrender.

Melbourne has fallen. I guess if you live in Melbourne your life is just forever terrible now, just like the rest of us.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/31/covid-could-cause-significant-rise-in-dementia-cases-alzheimers-group.html

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Mola Yam posted:

no way dude, flu vax rates in a normal season are only like 40% (of adults, not even total pop).

i get that infant/childhood coverage is high, but there's a mental dividing line for people when it comes to their newborn kids

we'll hit the elbow in the covid vax curve, like every other country. won't be as soon as america, but probably not much different to the uk at around 60% fully vaxxed. there will be a long, long tail to get to 80%, nationally.

although the mass death will probably help motivate people

One thing, other than mass death, that could help push us to a high vax rate is that states and Feds here won't be afraid to implement vaccine passport measures like needing to be vaxxed to enter pubs and restaurants etc, travelling interstate and internationally, and we have centralised digital vax records to back it up

Helith fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Sep 2, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

lmao

this is the biggest headline ive seen yet, but ive been reading about this on here, for like, idk, a year? yikes

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

snoremac posted:

Is 12 beers two days before my first shot a bad idea.

Haven't done it yet.

are you over 30? then welcome to *death, otherwise who care

*feeling like

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

are you over 30? then welcome to *death, otherwise who care

*feeling like
Yeah I'm over 30, guess I'll sit here sober

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Stereotype posted:

Melbourne has fallen. I guess if you live in Melbourne your life is just forever terrible now, just like the rest of us.

Yep except we also destroyed our economy for no reason.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Helith posted:

One thing, other than mass death, that could help push us to a high vax rate is that states and Feds here won't be afraid to implement vaccine passport measures like needing to be vaxxed to enter pubs and restaurants etc, travelling interstate and internationally, and we have centralised digital vax records to back it up

The Feds / Sleepy Joe won't do anything since it's part of the federalism ! Let states do what they think is best.

Sleepy Joe also thinks if he's nice to GOP base they will vote for democrats in the next elections.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

etalian posted:

The Feds / Sleepy Joe won't do anything since it's part of the federalism ! Let states do what they think is best.

Sleepy Joe also thinks if he's nice to GOP base they will vote for democrats in the next elections.

Australia, not the US

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Helith posted:

Australia, not the US

Yeah I think what a lot of, even fully crack-pinged, Americans don't seem to get is that most the rest of the world is loving up just as badly.
It's just not reported on very much, even for our local news.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VomitOnLino posted:

Yeah I think what a lot of, even fully crack-pinged, Americans don't seem to get is that most the rest of the world is loving up just as badly.
It's just not reported on very much, even for our local news.

The rest of world has the end goal of being just like Florida.

Look all the fun they are having with things like hospitals being a few days away from running out of supplemental oxygen just like in India.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's impossible, someone in this thread said that oxygen shortages can't happen in the US because the US has logistics really figured out.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ruggan posted:

[COVID-19] I have the paste.

i need someone to break it down ot me in kindergarden terms

this is my level of medical literacy. i am also capable of making independent decisions on self medication

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NickLutsko/status/1432839833420980224?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Helith posted:

we have centralised digital vax records to back it up

Yeah about that ... the government lost my application to get a non-medicare vax record and then never followed up when they said they would. The only proof I have is some nurse's writing on a card, like a goddamned American or something.

And here they won't add your second dose to your original card because they don't want to touch it, so I lost a bunch of info about the exact dose I had.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Yeah about that ... the government lost my application to get a non-medicare vax record and then never followed up when they said they would. The only proof I have is some nurse's writing on a card, like a goddamned American or something.

And here they won't add your second dose to your original card because they don't want to touch it, so I lost a bunch of info about the exact dose I had.

They still not sorted that for you yet? That’s a bit poo poo.
Hope you like the hermit life!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/02/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

hey what’s the % of kids with long term symptoms

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm glad the Sleepy Joe made return to School ASAP a campaign promise.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Up to 2,000 deaths almost!

9/11 by 9/11!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Today in State News:

They have a lot of life to live, and it's gone' — Kentucky COVID-19 hospitalizations hit record high - Marshall County Tribune
Kentucky lawmakers preparing for special session on COVID-19 as early as next week - WDRB (Wow, as early as next week?! Hold your horse paste!)
KY education chairman fears schools would abuse 2nd year of unlimited at-home learning - Lexington Herald
“It’s terrifying for us” : Two Eastern Kentucky Pediatricians worry about increase in COVID-19 cases in children - WYMT

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Steve Yun posted:

hey what’s the % of kids with long term symptoms

Those are just the kids that don't have the gorilla mindset.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s sad I can figure out what the thread title means lmao

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Blackhawk posted:

Lmao I love how SHOPPING and DINING are ALWAYS OK! While in some circumstances travel and private gatherings are NOT OK.

The NSW open er up roadmap contains a tier where the restaurants are open for indoor dining but you can't have family gatherings. Because. And understand this really is the reason given. Because the businesses have the facilities and knowledge to ensure the safety of their guests but private family gatherings do not.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Nothing is true; everything is permitted

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

it’s sad I can figure out what the thread title means lmao

The Rohirrim are a kingdom of horsemen from JRR Tolkien's Middle-Earth mythology

it's a reference to Rogan taking ivermectin, i.e. "horse paste"

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I was hoping Joe Rogan got hosed by a horse.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Kunabomber posted:

Lol our family has covid

Unsurprisingly it's probably from daycare. Our toddlers class is shut down rn

I'm nearly asymptomatic with a slight sore throat, gonna get tested tomorrow

Wife is sick as hell but she tested positive for flu AND covid. Rapid test was poz

6 year old had a mild fever but it broke within 12 hours. Rapid test was neg

Toddler has been puking for the last 2 days with congestion with mild fever, we think he's puking because he has a headache so we're giving him Tylenol. He got a PCR test, waiting for results

The worst part is wondering if the kids will just start nosediving out of nowhere even though they're fine right now

late to respond to this but wishing y’all a good recovery. hang in there

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
i ordered from mastervlad, what's shipping time to the US like these days from RU, lol

skullmask is cool enough that i might just ditch my envomask; need to get more filters for my 3m mask.

edit: also I was an rear end in a top hat who never got flu shots until I had kids and my partner nudged me to look at the data on parental vaxx vs kid mortality, I did and that convinced me.

then COVID happened and I have been wondering "was I a carrier for infections that killed other people I never knew, that I could have avoided with a shot?"

i realize I'm not making myself sound very bright, okay, perhaps I am not, but that basic concept was never part of any messaging I got about flu shots, and I was too self absorbed and "young and healthy" to think about it any deeper until we were actually in a crisis

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Sep 2, 2021

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

Those are just the kids that don't have the gorilla mindset.

Well, if they didn't before they probably will now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rohan has the most popular podcast in America lmao

And he’s unvaxxed taking horse dewormer

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s literally killing thousands of people lmao

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The people that would die and actually maybe convince people to change their minds never die: Trump, Johnson, etc. So I wouldn't count on Rogan dying either.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/WesElyMD/status/1433084748835049478

A promising repurposed drug that isn't a scam?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I've decided that eating 100mg of melatonin twice a day is my COVID preventative.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Rogan missed it by a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
none of his horse paste listeners will get the other treatments he got

i bet that fucker is vaxxed, anyway. he pals around with Sam Harris, right? Harris sucks too much for me to give him any mental real estate but without checking I'd expect him to be on the right side of the vaxx issue