Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Just got my third follow up survey from the government via text six weeks after my second dose asking if I had any side effects (again) and if I got sick since or tested positive for covid.

Gonna assume most western countries are not collecting follow up data at all.

I'm honestly not sure the CDC is even keeping any sort of centralized db of who is vaxxed in the US.

I think every pharmacy just has their own tracking system. It's a good market based solution and not an insane way to deal with a pandemic at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol

Replace brunch with the pub

:australia: :boonie:

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Thoguh posted:

do not emphasize with these people they are actively trying to harm you and your family.

liz bruenig posted:

I want him, my aunt, my cousins, my other uncle, and the rest of my extended family scattered across Texas and Louisiana to be all right. And I believe—but cannot prove—that wanting that for someone is more persuasive, somehow, than the darker, harder political emotions that dominate our discourse now.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

given the option between "refrain from eating at applebees for a week or two" and "you, personally, yes you, die", would not even let the person asking the question finish before hitting the death button

if you can actually look at the two posts divorced from team sports poo poo and say liz has the low moral ground here, I don't know what to tell you

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

McNugget Buddy posted:

Don't go to a pharmacy if you might have COVID, jesus christ

The shot won't work anyway if you've been infected

good point; thank you for mentioning that. I wear my mask up constantly at school, and try to ensure everyone in my classes do, but you’re right that there is exposure. I have been doing the OTC rapid testing on Fridays so I’ll see what that says tomorrow.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

that's former Prime Minister and CIA asset, Bob Hawke btw

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Instead of the dollar sign use the Applebee's logo.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

mark immune posted:

if you can actually look at the two posts divorced from team sports poo poo and say liz has the low moral ground here, I don't know what to tell you

i would actually like for the chuds to be harmed by forces they can neither understand nor control, but i don't want anyone else to be, so jerking off over their deaths is worthless. just force them to get it already, gently caress

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Most of the people clamoring for no restrictions and who are refusing to be vaccinated or wear masks are Republicans or their collaborators. They are already people who anyone with a brain should have known wanted them dead even before this began.

I didn't need a global pandemic to tell me fascists want me dead and are an existential threat to all life on the planet.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Most of the people clamoring for no restrictions and who are refusing to be vaccinated or wear masks are Republicans or their collaborators. They are already people who anyone with a brain should have known wanted them dead even before this began.

I didn't need a global pandemic to tell me fascists want me dead and are an existential threat to all life on the planet.

a very good post

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Stereotype posted:

i look forward to the next two days when i can read several articles written by goldfish about how cases are going down since they are lower than yesterday (but way higher than last week)

same chart, no florida lamo

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
sure it's a horrible feeling to realize the burden of empathy is placed only on the people who actually give a drat but translating that into a political program or a policy isn't possible

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

lmbo

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

mark immune posted:

feel free to mentally replace "applebees" with "brunch" if you think this is a team sports thing lol

trust only your respirator, nobody else gives a poo poo about you

Goobish
May 31, 2011

mark immune posted:

dumbass posts like this are why this thread, while having great descriptive information about the covid crisis, is absolutely dogshit about prescriptive "political" solutions.

EVERYONE WHO HASN'T BEEN VAXXED IS ACTIVELY TRYING TO KILL YOU!!!!

lol ok

I mean, it's the vaccinated people too lmao

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Is this US wave still primarily in the south?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

cr0y posted:

Instead of the dollar sign use the Applebee's logo.

we don't have applebee's here! was trying to think of what i should use. maybe a flat white coffee

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MattO posted:

Fuckin kid at my kid's school today bragging to the kids how she can't taste/smell and is coughing like a fucko so my kid says to the teacher, hey this classmate over here is complaining of the Covid and the teacher says "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS" so I'm trying up a pretty fuckin angry email right now to the motherfuckin principal of that joke fuckin school. Fuckin teacher is the fuckin band director so gently caress ME BEING BAND BOOSTER YOU gently caress STICK

I do not have a joke post I am just extremely sorry that you have to deal with this poo poo and I hope that you are able to have a positive impact with your very real and deserved anger.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
who loving gives a poo poo if people are chuds or libs or republicans or whatever the gently caress who loving cares.

if the government wanted everyone to be vaccinated, they could just loving mandate the vaccine. everything else surrounding the discussion is pointless bullshit

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

fosborb posted:

we'll get there on Sept 9

happy pride

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

spaceblancmange posted:

South is still the hardest hit per capita, but

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

representation is important

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Two of my old high school teachers died of covid. One of them taught on Friday and then died over the weekend.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lmao

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

spaceblancmange posted:

It's worse in the south but death is everywhere.

Daniel Andrews has changed his tone

https://twitter.com/Melbchief/status/1433615248162918400?s=19

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

Casey Finnigan posted:

who loving gives a poo poo if people are chuds or libs or republicans or whatever the gently caress who loving cares.

if the government wanted everyone to be vaccinated, they could just loving mandate the vaccine. everything else surrounding the discussion is pointless bullshit

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

crepeface posted:

lol there's an episode of 'the bad place' that's set in an american themed restaurant in australia called “Cowboy Skyscraper Buffet”

https://twitter.com/KristenBell/status/1223373000889622528?s=20

Loling pretty hard that Australia has like a reverse version of Outback Steakhouse

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Stereotype posted:

aaaaaaaaaany day now. things will go back to normal. just gotta wait for that, no need to do anything, no need to panic. any day now the hospitals won't be full of people asphyxiating in the waiting room. it could happen any day

:gas::munch::gas:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

PostNouveau posted:

Two of my old high school teachers died of covid. One of them taught on Friday and then died over the weekend.

Taught with covid

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

spaceblancmange posted:

it's the worst in the south still but it's steadily worsening everywhere

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Stereotype posted:

aaaaaaaaaany day now. things will go back to normal. just gotta wait for that, no need to do anything, no need to panic. any day now the hospitals won't be full of people asphyxiating in the waiting room. it could happen any day

kindred spirit

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

crepeface posted:

we don't have applebee's here! was trying to think of what i should use. maybe a flat white coffee

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Casey Finnigan posted:

What I'm hearing is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjD3EVC1-zU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Joe Biden told them to take their masks off

Joe Biden told everyone to take their masks off

Why aren't you smiling?

Goobish
May 31, 2011

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Yep, they've wanted me dead for awhile. Still arguing about which bathroom I can use lmao. gently caress it. Catch me outside!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Casey Finnigan posted:

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

coke posted:

i mean i've mostly looked at charts for 3080's fps in control etc. but you can see those beautiful, strong and long log-based bars

and anyone who choose to end their prep at 2nd dose over 3rd dose is an idiot especially they are cheaper and easier to get than a 3080

gpus the cure for covid? what is folding@home hiding from us :freep:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Casey Finnigan posted:

I suspect that when the South reaches India levels and where people are literally walking over the dead and the dying to get to work, that at least some measures will be taken in the Blue states. Nothing meaningful enough to curb the virus to a level any of us in this thread would consider acceptable - plus such a thing would not be possible without federal action anyway - but enough I think to maybe get things remotely under control and to stop uncontrolled spread and allow the hospitals room to - no pun intended - breathe. Much like what happened earlier this year around the Spring.

Then we will, of course, open-er back up and repeat the entire song and dance until civilization completely collapses everywhere on Earth besides China and New Zealand (and Taiwan? I forget if they surrendered or are still pursuing Zero COVID).

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

T-Paine posted:

https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1433511883424796677

we just aren't being nice enough to the paste chompin' fuckwits

This is actually factually wrong, as some tiktokers are doing this and it's working to shame them into getting vaccinated.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Louisgod posted:

if 500,000 kids got covid in the last 3 weeks alone and if 1 in 7 get hosed due to long covid, we effectively just wrote off 71,000 kids’ future health lol cool

kids don’t get covid, and kids don’t have a future, so I don’t see the problem here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ok Gladys that's taking it a bit far I think

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7002905113186618626