Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah what we're seeing now is the process for being let out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, I just feel like if Kalego makes it clear to Iruma that he does not want to be a familiar and does not enjoy it, particularly if he uses the Iruma magic words, Iruma won't renew the contract and will use his Iruma powers to make sure nobody else does either—Opera is probably gonna go for it, but Iruma is the only person who really trumps Opera.

It's just funny—because that isn't going to happen, because Kalego lacks the humility to actually use the magic words.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I want to see him succeed. I want to see him skip on home with the biggest smile on his face, just for the next day jump cut when Iruma summons him again.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

The funny thing is that Kalego could easily get out of the contract by just asking Iruma to let him out of it and saying "please," or possibly "I beg of you."

I really like how Kalego-sensei is basically Literally Professor Snape If Snape Was A Decent Person And Also An Excellent Educator.

I mean, he's still a bitter, sadistic rear end in a top hat. It's just that he takes his job incredibly seriously.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
He's a Snape-type character but good. This is gonna end with Kalego and Balam as familiars

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The date episode was adorable and so I can safely call season 2 a rousing success.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

The date episode was adorable and so I can safely call season 2 a rousing success.

The implication that Iruma had carefully crafted a spell with the express purpose of letting him princess-carry Amelie was delightful.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

The implication that Iruma had carefully crafted a spell with the express purpose of letting him princess-carry Amelie was delightful.

Hate to ruin the mystique but he learned Fractal earlier in the story from Sullivan. Chapter 92 but it was still a smooth move

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Part 2

LostRook fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 5, 2021

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

... huh. That's quite a twist. Cerberus was always a little unusual, all things considered.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

It's just funny—because that isn't going to happen, because Kalego lacks the humility to actually use the magic words.
This post became funny in hindsight but the ballgame's not over yet.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I can't imagine Kalego being this honest at the start of the series but at this point he actually respects Iruma.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Them actually addressing Opera shocked me tbh. My prediction, in shambles....

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Cat's in the school what will they do? What will they do?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

This post became funny in hindsight but the ballgame's not over yet.

It doesn't count unless he uses the magic words!

...although Balam and Opera may invoke the other magic words of "it's for the sake of your pupil's education," which might actually work.

So, if there's a third season, is it going to basically just be the Harvest Festival and then straight into the Music Festival? Those two arcs feel like they're completely capable of taking up an entire season by themselves.

They're also kind of... a significant jump in animation difficulty from what's been going on in this season so far. Animating (and scoring) the Lilith Saga is the kind of thing I'd want to call in SHAFT for.

In other news, man, Sabro's second-year outfit is so much better than what he was wearing before that it's hard to look at his old design.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hunt11 posted:

I would watch an entire season of just Iruma and Ameri dates.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/Bxof8oh/1/1/

New chapter!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Such a good resolution :allears:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That is the best way it could have ended.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Fine. Maybe next year we can get adorable demon kitty Opera familiar once they learn the trick of it.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I was sure that this was gonna end with Kalego learning that Iruma's human but honestly, this is much better :allears:.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Some volume extras dropped. Cat tricks are featured.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It's been confirmed that the Iruma train will keep rolling after the end of this season.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
Hurrah! :3:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

It can't come soon enough!

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

It makes me happy that there's enough people that like Iruma anime that more seasons keep getting greenlit

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

boredsatellite posted:

It makes me happy that there's enough people that like Iruma anime that more seasons keep getting greenlit

It also makes me happy that they're releasing it on a sane schedule rather than making it a hundred-episode death march.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.
The first season caught my attention because of the ludicrously good OP, but I never got around to watching it until around when the Dark Iruma arc ended. What an absolutely delightful loving show. Can't wait until season 3.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
A New Piece

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
So Iruma has to recognize her right? I'm glad they didn't wait till next chapter to reveal the new teachers as them being the six fingers was the only thing I could think of from that first panel of their shoulders

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

As expected, Clara has the best results.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Has Sullivan finally made a bad hiring decision?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

M_Gargantua posted:

So Iruma has to recognize her right? I'm glad they didn't wait till next chapter to reveal the new teachers as them being the six fingers was the only thing I could think of from that first panel of their shoulders

He should, but he doesn't know that they're part of six fingers.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Rand Brittain posted:

Has Sullivan finally made a bad hiring decision?

I mean they are eminently over-qualified for the job?

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

The Six Fingers used magic of some kind to prevent anyone from recognizing them. At the end of the arc, everyone in the park couldn't remember what they looked like. So unless Iruma has some kind of human based immunity, or remembers them with his powers of paying attention to friends, they probably won't recognize them. Anyone recognized what is on Iruma's stat sheet?

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am not sure Ameri is ready for another person to take an interest in Iruma.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I was going to say that hiring people who want to kill your students was bad personnel management, but Iruma is probably going to befriend these guys in... I'm gonna say six chapters, so Sullivan has actually made a great decision and remains the king of demon resources.

Like, when you get down to it, dude is incredible at getting the right dude for the right job, right down to picking a grandson-slash-demon-king.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Roxors posted:

Anyone recognized what is on Iruma's stat sheet?

I feel like I am seeing a dragon head there but I am really not sure.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Roxors posted:

Anyone recognized what is on Iruma's stat sheet?

leans close to the mic it was the loving devil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Roxors posted:

The Six Fingers used magic of some kind to prevent anyone from recognizing them. At the end of the arc, everyone in the park couldn't remember what they looked like. So unless Iruma has some kind of human based immunity, or remembers them with his powers of paying attention to friends, they probably won't recognize them. Anyone recognized what is on Iruma's stat sheet?

I tried looking through some of the various symbols related to Solomon but couldn't find one that was close. I'm sure someone will figure it out eventually.