Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs PNP 57 48.72%
LUCHA EXPRESS VS ELITE 41 35.04%
ORANGE VS JACK 4 3.42%
HOBBS VS CAGE 1 0.85%
TAY VS FORD 14 11.97%
Total: 117 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

It depends on who they want to book him against. I think it would be weird to throw him into the world title scene right away since the long term plan is for Hangman to beat Kenny for the AEW title so he'll get involved somewhere else.

Hangman is never winning the AEW title fam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

i hope they use The Final rear end in a top hat FUckdown for a song.

congrats on your AEW debut

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i hope they use The Final rear end in a top hat FUckdown for a song.

whend you start singing

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

kidcoelacanth posted:

i imagine it's less "it was cheaper for them" and more "they weren't bothering to pay for it at all"

Yeah its this, Gabe was Heyman's protege in many ways

As for The Final COuntdown, that story of the inflated price was from almost 15 years ago. The industry's changed since then so maybe the price has too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

theres nothing i want more. try again

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Sooooo.....what's all eating tonight?

Buying two pizzas for dinner. One just a meat pizza with extra cheese and something they call tipsy chicken pizza which is pepper jack beer cheese base, grilled chicken, and bacon with optionally bourbon glaze which is loving delicious.

Also cheese sticks.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

BGrifter posted:

Plus Ride/Flight of the Valkyries can be had and remixed licence free I’d imagine.

I’ll still cling to these dreams of Danielson coming out to The Final Countdown and Punk coming out to Miseria Cantare though, hopeless as they may be.

Me too. I will still mark for anything the Dragon comes out, even if it was Nickleback, but I’m praying for Final Countdown.

Punk and Bryan Danielson in AEW at the same time. God I wish Chris Hero could bring his pal Claudio to tear up the tag scene then free Samoa Joe for at least one more run so middle teen me could relive his introduction to ROH and the indies again.

Paul London is still mostly backstage with TNA right? Haven’t seen him in a bit. Is Brian Kendrick still training at wwe?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Hangman is never winning the AEW title fam.

Inshallah :pray:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i had some peanut m&ms and that's it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why isn't it 1am yet? :argh:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i have stolen piss christ so i'm opening it up and drinking it while watching AEW: REDEEM DEEZ NUTZ live on FITE

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm actually in Europe, rather than pretending to be, so I've just had dinner but will make some popcorn for the show.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

Sooooo.....what's all eating tonight?

Buying two pizzas for dinner. One just a meat pizza with extra cheese and something they call tipsy chicken pizza which is pepper jack beer cheese base, grilled chicken, and bacon with optionally bourbon glaze which is loving delicious.

Also cheese sticks.

That sounds delicious! As for me:

NuclearPotato posted:

I DID get deep dish for tonight. Lou Malnati's deep dish, specifically, along with some garlic bread and garlic parmesan wings (I like garlic, ok :v: ).

It’s got pepperoni, sausage and jalapeños on it. Also have a big bag of seasoned pretzels for when all that runs out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1434605236878970880?s=20

Interesting tweet by Big Dave. LET'S MAKE IT A GAME.

Take your shot at OVER/UNDER for the buys for this show. We'll go with the worldwide number. If you predict wrong, you get probated for 24 hours with a bad image. If you predict right, you get probated for 6 hours with a good image. If the buys are exactly 200k, nobody gets probated. Quote this post to play. Deadline is when the All Out PPV starts.

Addendum: We will only be taking the first 15 wagers for each result into consideration. The number we use for scoring this will be the one reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 5, 2021

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’ll be on at 3 AM for me so I’m just gonna be sleeping like a good boy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Take your shot at OVER/UNDER for the buys for this show. We'll go with the worldwide number. If you predict wrong, you get probated for 24 hours with a bad image. If you predict right, you get probated for 6 hours with a good image. If the buys are exactly 200k, nobody gets probated. Quote this post to play. Deadline is when the All Out PPV starts.

Over.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Over

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Over

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

under
punk isn't a needle mover, brother

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtEpiGhCRIE

:monocle:

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Under

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Going to the gf's parent's tonight for ribs then excusing myself to go watch wrestling on discord with some buds :getin:

I bought a bunch of junk food too :getin:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Addendum: We will only be taking the first 15 wagers for each result into consideration. The number we use for scoring this will be the one reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Over

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Over

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eat My Fuc posted:

Also flight of the Valkyries would be a perfectly cool entrance if it's the actual classical version, walter vibes.

I agree with this 100%. More classical entrances please, WALTER’s is so sick and Callis using Canon in D as his music is hilarious

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I would also much prefer hearing the classical version of Flight of the Valkyries every time BD appears instead of Final Countdown

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Would you mind a Ride of the Valkyries arranged for electronic guitars

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Still time in the PPV for a good hot take.

I picked Britt to win over Statlander, but if they actually want Britt to be a heel, she needs to lose tonight so she can whine and scheme and do horrible things to get her title back.

Nothing she’s doing currently gets any negative heat from the crowd.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Just like Christian Cage in the main event, I'm going OVER.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the dmd is going to shoot statlander with a crossbow

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stab's boys on the live AoW podcast

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
metal version of the anvil chorus

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Note that 200,000 is a lot higher then Full Gear or Revolution did.

(100,000 and 159,000)

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Apples over Waffles

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Attack on Website

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AEW/status/1434614613379780613

that's the 20

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Over, though I think it'll be close either way.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I hope Britt vs Statlander transitions into Cole vs OC

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I will also take the Over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Coaaab posted: