Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

PostNouveau posted:

How contagious is it?

We will find out soon. Last go around I understand they had 300 infected and 100 of those died. Also they took it seriously enough to kill 1 million pigs.

Fur tax edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

99.99998% of school boards are not having this poo poo happen

The media is again stovepiping fascism

Yeah, it's the same group of insane people who go to every school board meeting in mostly white areas, hooting and hollering, and the media keeps giving them uncritical airtime instead of just mentioning that they're loving morons and moving on. It's infuriating.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

also I’ve been to tons of school board and local municipalitiy meetings and they always have crazy people in them saying insane stuff

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

also I’ve been to tons of school board and local municipalitiy meetings and they always have crazy people in them saying insane stuff

Lol you loving nerd (unless you got paid to do this in which case grats)

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

super sweet best pal posted:

Everyone excited for post-social distancing Christmas?

I know this drawing, was made by Juanito

Something we learned in this pandemia that education is important, yes, but withouth teachers acting has "babysitter", half the economy just stops.

Apr 7, 2003

https://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/students-parents-protest-state-school-mask-mandate/

quote:

At least 25 students and a few parents were protesting outside the entrance to Greater Latrobe Senior High this morning.

“I feel students have the right to choose whether they want to wear a mask or not,” said senior Spencer Bowman, who organized the protest. “I started wearing a mask in 10th grade.

“I feel I’ve wasted most of my high school career. I really just want to have a taste of normalcy before I leave.”

3770 students in this district. 25 show up to support pandemic death and it's front page news

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

3770 students in this district. 25 show up to support pandemic death and it's front page news

exactly lmao

that’s the trib though they probably paid the kids to do it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think I’ve ever hated a person more lol

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1435607943781576715?s=21

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Sign 1: I wish! :actually: nothing is more contagious than Delta
Sign 2: you're so close!
Sign 3: lol no. Only if u rich

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
I wish he'd get banned from Twitter and then I'd never think about him again.

Apr 7, 2003

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I wish he'd get banned from Twitter and then I'd never think about him again.

He's going to bars three times a week and all the talk about a deadly disease is making him feel bad. Like every other shitlib, the disease no longer exists for him and he doesn't want to be reminded that people are dying.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Thoguh posted:

September 20th is a week and a half away and as far as I know there's been almost no clarification beyond Biden announcing and the FDA bitching about it.

I am going to be beyond angry if he backs off of it because it does not harm anyone if people get booster shots, society has left us to fend for ourselves so at least let us fend for ourselves.

the clinic I go to for primary care has taken a solid "gently caress all y'all equivocating, the data is clear" stance and are doing boosters at 6 months, Pfizer and Moderna, no special circumstances or qualifications required.

just got mine a few minutes ago.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

https://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/students-parents-protest-state-school-mask-mandate/

I'm the perfectly written signs definitely not made by parents who want their kids to get sick and die

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a huge chunk of PA teachers were going to quit if the governor didn’t make masks mandatory lmao

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Petey posted:

i hate to do this but after being murdered with work (back to school!! lol) for the last 48 hours i'm 2200 posts behind, so i'm declaring thread bankruptcy, and if there is any actionable/pragmatic "you really need to know THIS" from the last few days i would appreciate a quick tl;dr either in the thread or via DM, tyvm friends

:mad: mask

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

a huge chunk of PA teachers were going to quit if the governor didn’t make masks mandatory lmao

It's not like they get paid poo poo to begin with, my sister-in-law is a primary school teacher in a rural district with over a decade of experience and she makes $43K and change. good stuff.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's not like they get paid poo poo to begin with, my sister-in-law is a primary school teacher in a rural district with over a decade of experience and she makes $43K and change. good stuff.

it varies across the state

43k tho with a masters at step 10 (I assume) sounds low for even Pa . that means they are starting people at 35 or so which seems kind of unbelievable

might be the case in coal country

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Keep your kids out of school until covid shuts the school down.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

euphronius posted:

43k tho with a masters at step 10 (I assume) sounds low for even Pa . that means they are starting people at 35 or so which seems kind of unbelievable

WV starts at 24k lmao why would anyone stay in the state I grew up in

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

Yeah, Northumberland County

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

well if you want to live there you could probably still get a “house” on that salary lol

Apr 7, 2003

My sister-in-law's district publishes her salary on a website too, so the parents shriek about how she's getting paid too much to babysit whenever they're mad at her.

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

well if you want to live there you could probably still get a “house” on that salary lol

yeah, she and my brother paid $28K for a house and paid it off already

It's a coal region house though

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

quit picking at it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No. more Nate silver !

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

https://twitter.com/ByRenatta/status/1435222402196180995
lol forever that Donald loving Trump became the shining white knight savior figure for every disparate reactionary grievance-holder in america

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the governor mandated the masks lol

wrong place to protest idiots

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Apr 7, 2003

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/ByRenatta/status/1435222402196180995
lol forever that Donald loving Trump became the shining white knight savior figure for every disparate reactionary grievance-holder in america

Hempfield School District has 6600+ students

These are all white flight suburbs but I'm sure you can tell that from the pictures

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

reminds me of that quote from Constantine

"I don't believe in the devil"
"Well, the devil believes in you."

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Here in Canada, on a MS Teams call with my work, my manager loudly wide-smiled proclaims her children are finally back at school. My supervisor echoes the sentiment and says she's relieved to have them back so she can get some nice quiet work done. Everyone is grinning and smiling. I feel like a loving alien.

Anyway here's a cat

gently caress YOU NATE

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

super sweet best pal posted:

Everyone excited for post-social distancing Christmas?

https://twitter.com/OnyanCronch/status/1425443958470098946

true horror

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

RuBisCO posted:

Anyway here's a cat

tremendous cat

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 360 days!
Parents really need to stop doing kids' school projects for them imo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
nate is right, a bunch of LIEBRULS dont want to die

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

What does any of this mean?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

so I discovered r/hermancainaward over the weekend and now you have too in case you didn't know about it, it covers all your schadenfreude needs

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 360 days!

zegermans posted:

so I discovered r/hermancainaward over the weekend and now you have too in case you didn't know about it, it covers all your schadenfreude needs

been following it since its inception and the posts have uhhh really ramped up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy