Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

This sucks btw

I do like this Misty song tho

https://youtu.be/IOspC5B69L4

actually it is u who suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Thoguh posted:

I hit six months in early October and as I've posted I'd prefer to not go the Max Titers route unless I have to so my sincere hope is that pharmacies just do not care and will booster anybody that's post second shot.

GET YOUR loving BOOSTER

LIE, CHEAT OR STEAL. BOOST MOTHERFUCKER, BOOST LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.

CHECK THAT loving IMMUNOCOMPROMISED BOX AT CVS AND BOOST LIKE A RECORD BREAKING F-ZERO RUN

BOOST BOOST BOOOOOOST BOOSTAH

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
covidforever69

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Atrocious Joe posted:

I want Joe to go full Trump and give a speech while 4 CEOs of beloved liberal brands stand behind him.

Joe is going to send out a pint of Jeni's Ice Cream to everyone vaccinated.

Google is going to have a new app out in a month to help track breakthrough cases.

lol but in joe's version he'll get confused and call tim cook, "Tim Microsoft Bob"

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i love that kind of poo poo, and that cover blows. good job by the most boring guy to come out of a boring band (that i also like a lot)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

it wasn't spread on purpose, it escaped because of faulty wastewater sterilization or normal lab escape, and was covered up as it was realized when a mysterious pneumonia was cutting like a scythe through nursing homes around the fort

that’s a weird way to spell Jeffrey Esptein

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

rt4 posted:

covidforever69

Probably an ip ban before it comes to that

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 360 days!

Impkins Patootie posted:

i think Animal Collective is still touring
lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
the username covidforever is so demoralizing

they're winning the posting war psychologically :sigh:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Crunchy Black posted:

If they left the .mp3 up and removed something else lol party on garth but please don't associate your actions with this forum

(you should be buying beans tho)

This is hysterical. An angry nerd apparently hole punching papers yelling about MR. SOMETHING AWFUL

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
arcade fire it out your rear end

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Louisgod posted:

I threw some old muse songs I had to my phone and it's unlistenable garbage now

lol

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

papa horny michael posted:

i love that kind of poo poo, and that cover blows. good job by the most boring guy to come out of a boring band (that i also like a lot)

wow impressive this guy doesn't like something

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Shageletic posted:

Never seen a more ignorant post

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Lowtax is the reason I have to wear a mask and I can't go to the mall

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
people are tying their brain into knots justifying doing things that every level of capitalism is shouting at them to do. go to work! go to concerts! go support restaurants! it seems like it isn’t safe: the news keeps talking about full hospitals and masks are required in a ton of places and they keep seeing acquaintances die on Facebook. but they want to go do things, they’re tired of the loneliness just like everyone else. so it must be okay, they’re being safe. the bad things won’t effect them. they’re following what few rules exist and they got vaccinated.

then they see someone wearing a full respirator or telling them that gently caress no they aren’t going to meet them for brunch. that person can’t be right though. that would mean that their contorted worldview, one that took work to form and they struggle to maintain in the face of reality, is not only wrong but actively harmful.

that’s too much though. the other person must just be insane and wrong. they should get some therapy.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

Had a patient today who wouldn’t get the Covid vaccine because “he didn’t know what was in it.”

He was in my office for a hospital followup after an acute ischemic right mca stroke with hemorrhagic conversion, s/p hemicraniectomy

Totally left hemiplegic

31 years old

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vevyf7blQ-4

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
maryland is authorizing boosters for nursing home, congregate care and immunocompromised people: https://dcist.com/story/21/09/08/maryland-boosters-for-nursing-home-immunocompromised-residents/

i genuinely wonder why more states aren't just giving the CDC the finger and authorizing third doses themselves. what the gently caress is the CDC or FDA going to do

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Impkins Patootie posted:

wow ive never seen that line before lol

What the gently caress I take an hour break from this thread and come back to this epic meltdown. Jesus Christ. Let me guess, it was probably an elaborate death-by-rape comment. Glad I didn't get to see whatever it was.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i think the government would restrict the amount of vaccines they're given, right?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Stereotype posted:

people are tying their brain into knots justifying doing things that every level of capitalism is shouting at them to do. go to work! go to concerts! go support restaurants! it seems like it isn’t safe: the news keeps talking about full hospitals and masks are required in a ton of places and they keep seeing acquaintances die on Facebook. but they want to go do things, they’re tired of the loneliness just like everyone else. so it must be okay, they’re being safe. the bad things won’t effect them. they’re following what few rules exist and they got vaccinated.

then they see someone wearing a full respirator or telling them that gently caress no they aren’t going to meet them for brunch. that person can’t be right though. that would mean that their contorted worldview, one that took work to form and they struggle to maintain in the face of reality, is not only wrong but actively harmful.

that’s too much though. the other person must just be insane and wrong. they should get some therapy.

sounds like cave syndrome

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

one of the larger urban school districts near me just went remote on less than 24 hours notice

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
"2021 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade To Return In Full With Crowds, Barring Any Unforeseen Circumstances"

i guess after 20+ months covid is now a foreseen circumstance and therefore we don't need to do anything about it anymore

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Jon Irenicus posted:

one of the larger urban school districts near me just went remote on less than 24 hours notice

lmao what region/state?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

triple sulk posted:

roger waters was gonna do the tour before covid hosed it up and if it ever happens that's something i might take a chance for because i've never seen him and i'd probably regret not ever getting to

that's about it

I was able to catch most of his show last time he came by. It was pretty good.

One of my coworkers was complaining that Roger Waters was being too political, I asked if he ever actually listened to Pink Floyd lyrics, or watched The Wall? Then went into how it's the role of artists in society to speak truth to power, and that Roger Waters has been making GBS threads on facsists longer than either of us have been alive.

Then we rolled up another couple thousand feet of cables and talked about beef jerky.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mass death is fine as long as we know it's coming and do nothing to stop it

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Jon Irenicus posted:

refer them to a good therapist

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

mod sassinator posted:

"2021 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade To Return In Full With Crowds, Barring Any Unforeseen Circumstances"

i guess after 20+ months covid is now a foreseen circumstance and therefore we don't need to do anything about it anymore

Death death death death death death

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

one of my favorite rappers died from covid and/or cops (sounds like cops, but the infection is what caused him to cross paths with those cops) a couple weeks ago

it's frustrating to hear that he was skeptical of vaccines, though at least it makes some sense for him, as a black person in demon cracker america, where countless black people have been experimented on and murdered.

Too bad that he kept touring though, and got infected with covid while doing shows in the CA/NV chudlands.

But it might not have been covid that killed him. Something happened after he went to the hospital, and he got into an altercation with doctors and security, which led to them calling the cops (seems like causing that much trouble would take lots of strength for someone who is about to die literally any second from severe covid?). So then the cops handcuffed him while he was allegedly having an asthma attack, while infected with covid, and surprise then he died. Weird how that kind of poo poo keeps happening with cops.

no real details, just some basic cop press release garbage and hearsay from friends/family.

loving demon cracker nation goddamn

:rip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYJCT8EqbtU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Target triage

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Nah muse shows are loving insane.

Right up there with gaga

Lady Gaga is one of the best, or best shows I've seen. The spectacle, the energy in the crowd, the music, the sound quality, and her all added up to an amazing show.

Muse was pretty good, too.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Rah! posted:

one of my favorite rappers died from covid and/or cops a couple weeks ago

it's frustrating to hear that he was skeptical of vaccines, though at least it makes some sense for him, as a black person in demon cracker america, where countless black people have been experimented on and murdered.

Too bad that he kept touring though, and got infected with covid while doing shows in the CA/NV chudlands.

But it might not have been covid that killed him. Something happened after he went to the hospital, and he got into an altercation with doctors and security, which led to them calling the cops (seems like causing that much trouble would take lots of strength for someone who is about to die literally any second from severe covid?). So then the cops handcuffed him while he was allegedly having an asthma attack, while infected with covid, and surprise then he died. Weird how that kind of poo poo keeps happening with cops.

no real details, just some basic cop press release garbage and hearsay from friends/family.

Cop was jealous that something else was going to asphyxiate him first.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rah! posted:

one of my favorite rappers died from covid and/or cops (sounds like cops, but the infection is what caused him to cross paths with those cops) a couple weeks ago

finally, someone who died WITH covid and not necessarily OF covid

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Cop was jealous that something else was going to asphyxiate him first.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Glad I got to see Weird Al back in 2019, that was a concert worth seeing.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Also want to echo what people here are saying: everything is back to normal. Nothing is closed except the businesses that went under. I have friends seeing shows at The Gorge Amphitheater, I have friends who are going to gaming conventions, to trivia at the bar every week, who are having backyard BBQs. Literally anything and everything has been wide loving open this entire goddamn time save for a handful of weeks in 2020. If you're so mad at the cave syndrome folks then loving log off and go touch some grass because THERE IS NOTHING AND NOBODY STOPPING YOU FROM DOING SO

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

super sweet best pal posted:

Glad I got to see Weird Al back in 2019, that was a concert worth seeing.

saw weird al at bonnaroo a few years back, was legitimately a great show. dude rocks

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

jetz0r posted:

Lady Gaga is one of the best, or best shows I've seen. The spectacle, the energy in the crowd, the music, the sound quality, and her all added up to an amazing show.

Muse was pretty good, too.

someone hasn’t been to a GWAR concert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

im permabanned poster covidforever58. i first started reading the covid thread when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “open biden” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “plandemic” and “i love eating horse paste” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “open biden” style of covid thread humor was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” the covid thread to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.