Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Meltzer got a hold of the list of banned words from 2020 that was used as a writing guide

blood, choke, belt, strap, diva, head shot, trauma, kayfabe, Mofos, house show, DQ, The Anti-Diva, spinal injuries, victim, violence, violent, wrestling, wrestlers, WWF, wifebeater, curb stomp, phrases including the word “push” and being “Over,” babyface, heel, job, jobber, card, strangle, kill and murder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
WWE didn't just ban the words "being over" they banned the whole concept years ago

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Saudi Arabia not on the list :eyepop:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Arbite posted:

The Stars:

Dave essentially stole my star ratings, the only real differences were on the opener and the MJF match. And the Tag match I guess, because he went a whole star higher.

Lid posted:

Meltzer got a hold of the list of banned words from 2020 that was used as a writing guide

blood, choke, belt, strap, diva, head shot, trauma, kayfabe, Mofos, house show, DQ, The Anti-Diva, spinal injuries, victim, violence, violent, wrestling, wrestlers, WWF, wifebeater, curb stomp, phrases including the word “push” and being “Over,” babyface, heel, job, jobber, card, strangle, kill and murder

Worth noting, cumtruck is not banned

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

violence, violent, wrestling, wrestlers

lol

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Somewhere in the PC a college footballer's Gambit-style gimmick is dropped quietly.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

forkboy84 posted:

Worth noting, cumtruck is not banned

And it STUNK!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Weird one of those is very Paige specific.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Gonzo McFee posted:

Weird one of those is very Paige specific.

Looks like they just banned any mention of the word 'diva'. Paige can't be the 'anti-Diva' if there's no such thing as a Diva.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The fact that "anti-diva" is a separate entry on the list though...

Nice that they banned their own favourite term "Card Subject To Change" however.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Wow harsh on Paul White vs QT, but hey Davey he liked it!

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

it was a bad match, but it was exactly what it needed to be so it wasn’t a bad match

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Pleasantly surprised to see him give 4 to both Miro/Kingston and Kojima/Mox. Listening to people talk about those matches made me think that I was higher on those matches than most, but Dynamite Dave agrees that they were great.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

yeah, i thought that was the best kojima match i’d seen in a long, long time

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Lid posted:

wifebeater

...Huh.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SCSA return confirmed

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Why is "Mofos" on the list?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1436761098452025346

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

keithy george posted:

Why is "Mofos" on the list?

John Morrison used to refer to his fans as MoFos (Morrison Followers). I guess they don't like that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Disappointed it isn't a shoot orca

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CVagts posted:

Pleasantly surprised to see him give 4 to both Miro/Kingston and Kojima/Mox. Listening to people talk about those matches made me think that I was higher on those matches than most, but Dynamite Dave agrees that they were great.

I feel only pity for those who cannot enjoy a good Beef Battle.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sleepwalkers posted:

yeah, i thought that was the best kojima match i’d seen in a long, long time

It was on a similar level to his match with Goto in July. Dave also gave the match with JR Kratos on Strong **** which I haven't seen. And he had a banger with Ospreay at New Beginning this year. And the KENTA match at Wrestle Kingdom. TBH 2021 has been a good year for him because his ability to still go has never been in doubt, he just didn't get many chances because for some reason he gets downcycled and utter wastes of space like Yujiro still do G1s.

I just gotta stand up for the Lord King of Bread Club

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Disappointed it isn't a shoot orca

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1436790790672420868

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

It was on a similar level to his match with Goto in July. Dave also gave the match with JR Kratos on Strong **** which I haven't seen. And he had a banger with Ospreay at New Beginning this year. And the KENTA match at Wrestle Kingdom. TBH 2021 has been a good year for him because his ability to still go has never been in doubt, he just didn't get many chances because for some reason he gets downcycled and utter wastes of space like Yujiro still do G1s.

I just gotta stand up for the Lord King of Bread Club

That's fair, my quip was more about my lack of NJPW watching over the last two years than his ability to go tbh. I'll check some of that out.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love that bit in the Observer about "Vince said he'd let Bryan work G1, but probably didn't know what that meant."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

algebra testes posted:

I love that bit in the Observer about "Vince said he'd let Bryan work G1, but probably didn't know what that meant."

That would've been very funny. Vince thinks Bryan's going for some dinky show in a Japanese 'bingo hall' and whoops, month long tour ending in Sumo Hall.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

algebra testes posted:

seriously if Vince heard what the G1 was he'd have had Triple H's heart attack

"i agreed to let him go to Japan... for two months... to work... every second day... in 20 to 45 minute matches... every year"

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i cannot wait for danielson vs toru yano

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

algebra testes posted:

Also that WWE tried to make it an EXCLUSIVE deal, which would have meant that if New Japan agreed and Bryan had gone to AEW, New Japan would have been prohibited from booking Bryan.

Gee, I wonder why New Japan didn't jump at the chance.....

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Also that WWE tried to make it an EXCLUSIVE deal, which would have meant that if New Japan agreed and Bryan had gone to AEW, New Japan would have been prohibited from booking Bryan.

Gee, I wonder why New Japan didn't jump at the chance.....

Wasn't actually that WWE would be the sole provider of foreign talent to NJPW? So no one from Mexico or Europe either unless they were from NXT UK or Gran Metallik I guess?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ they're so used to having their own way all the time and people just rolling over for them, it's insane.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

AlmightyPants posted:

Wasn't actually that WWE would be the sole provider of foreign talent to NJPW? So no one from Mexico or Europe either unless they were from NXT UK or Gran Metallik I guess?

Yep. And you know WWE would say "Sorry, all we can spare right now is Drake Maverick. Yes, we know we jobbed out Okada to Jaxson Ryker on Main Event, but you have to realize ... you know what, we don't actually care."

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Have to imagine that once Kidani saw the words exclusive he want back to Big Bicep Tony and said okay and than they both probably laughed at Vince and Nick

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Very strange that New Japan didn't jump at the chance to sign an exclusive agreement with the promotion infamous for using those agreements as a prelude to full-scale talent raids.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd imagine that Vince would agree to him doing the G1 but then also put in the stipulation that WWE has final say on who he jobs to making the whole thing impossible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'd imagine that Vince would agree to him doing the G1 but then also put in the stipulation that WWE has final say on who he jobs to making the whole thing impossible.

Vince: I've decided that I want Bryan to be in the final.
Gedo: But the final's tonight and Bryan didn't win his block, he only got 8 points and the winner got 14.
Vince: ....why does that matter? :confused:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

vince doesn't ask questions of others except for "what's the matter pal?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gedo: What's the matter? Well lately Dick To-
Vince: That was a trick question, real men don't share their feelings, you're fahh!
Gedo: ...but, I don't work for you.
Vince: That's right, because you're fahh!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

been a satisfying collaboration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus Christ they're so used to having their own way all the time and people just rolling over for them, it's insane.

uk indies sure set a precedent