Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That would be amazing. "The highest piece count in LEGO history! A fitting tribute to the infamous Titanic. Get ready to put down 12,000 1x1 round tiles."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Carbohydrates posted:

Hope y'all are ready for more drama in the LEGO world. Sounds like 10291 Queer Eye Apartment is likely to be announced next week, by the same designer who brought us 40516 Everyone Is Awesome, Michael Ashton. Look forward to more wailing from people who insist that this is the first time LEGO has been political. This is also the set that will have white masonry bricks in it, the part that made everyone speculate that the big Super Mario set was gonna be Peach's Castle.

Sweet, I wonder if that means it would get added to pick-a-brick on lego.com. I was considering getting into stud.io one day to try to recreate our house in lego and would definitely need white brick. Anyone ever do that with their own house?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

That would be amazing. "The highest piece count in LEGO history! A fitting tribute to the infamous Titanic. Get ready to put down 12,000 1x1 round tiles."

Oh no. It's a life-size movie poster, isn't it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
It's scaled to accommodate microfigs of all 2000+ passengers.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Carbohydrates posted:

Thanks for the perspective. That does make the rumor hard to believe, especially since the "source" I read specifically mentioned it would NOT have an interior.

I mean, they could simply go lower (or bigger? I never know what's right) scale, that would make it longer and wider, but that would be really, really hard to display I imagine. When the rumor first surfaced, brighter minds than mine started calculating how many parts it would take to make it 1:250 instead of 1:300, and IIRC that might have worked, but that would be a real beast of a set.

Then again, they also did the Colosseum, which imo is similarly hard to find a display spot on a regular shelf.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

It was unbagged, in the white box:
Rather unlike Laura Palmer.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I have no place to put such a potentially giant ship but like hell if that's going to stop me from getting it

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

davebo posted:

Sweet, I wonder if that means it would get added to pick-a-brick on lego.com. I was considering getting into stud.io one day to try to recreate our house in lego and would definitely need white brick. Anyone ever do that with their own house?
I've seen people do it before. Properly scaled houses are huuuuuuge models, though. Most LEGO buildings are not at all properly scaled.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Titanic just seems like a bizarre choice for a LEGO set given the circumstances surrounding it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's gonna be the sunken Titanic, you dump 9,000 trans blue studs into a brick built aquarium for the water.

Viewing the wreckage is gonna be a challenge though.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
This is Lusitania erasure! :mad:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Carbohydrates posted:

I've seen people do it before. Properly scaled houses are huuuuuuge models, though. Most LEGO buildings are not at all properly scaled.

Yeah no way was I gonna go for proper scale, just maybe have each room represented, or not even that as long as I do a decent exterior of the front with a living room you can look into. That's all anyone is likely to see anyway.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Carbohydrates posted:

Thanks for the perspective. That does make the rumor hard to believe, especially since the "source" I read specifically mentioned it would NOT have an interior.

It will be the same size as the one tuo posted, the rest of the part count will be transparent blue round 1x1s like the Ship in a Bottle set had

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
It will be a 3000 piece ship and a 9000 piece iceberg.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Blue Moonlight posted:

It will be a 3000 piece ship and a 9000 piece iceberg.

Seems like a waste, you'll only be able to see 900 pieces anyhow

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Titanic just seems like a bizarre choice for a LEGO set given the circumstances surrounding it.

Right? It feels like a really strange and morbid thing to make a set of.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Right? It feels like a really strange and morbid thing to make a set of.

Titanic II is supposed to set sail next year, so it's kinda relevant.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Electromax posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1435921030619537411?s=20

Here's the actual thing. The mechanism is pretty cool.

Bah gently caress, if they made it with stages from any other Mario title I wouldn't really care much for the build, but the fact that it's Super Mario 64 and that was just such a huge part of my childhood it's a must have.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh by the way for the ? Block there's a secret/easter egg 5th level on the bottom. You can see a little of it on the box with the X-ray, seems like a flat stage with one structure/figure. Guessing it's either Bowser's arena and a Bowser microfigure or the table with cake from the credits. Leaning towards Bowser since the location would make sense and it's weird there wasn't a Bowser microfigure in the set.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

watch these things skyrocket in value

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=27266#T=C

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RatHat posted:

Oh by the way for the ? Block there's a secret/easter egg 5th level on the bottom. You can see a little of it on the box with the X-ray, seems like a flat stage with one structure/figure. Guessing it's either Bowser's arena and a Bowser microfigure or the table with cake from the credits. Leaning towards Bowser since the location would make sense and it's weird there wasn't a Bowser microfigure in the set.

If it's Bowser in the Underworld that's awesome as hell.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
When is the Medieval Blacksmith and Creator Castle sets likely to be retired? Saving a bit each month to buy the Blacksmith, and going to get the Creator Castle for Christmas for my boy, just want to make sure they don't get retired before then.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

When is the Medieval Blacksmith and Creator Castle sets likely to be retired? Saving a bit each month to buy the Blacksmith, and going to get the Creator Castle for Christmas for my boy, just want to make sure they don't get retired before then.

Both of them only came out this year and it'd be a huge surprise if they retired so quickly.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Tried my hand at a first pass of Whomps Fortress done in the style of the ? Block set.

AllisonByProxy fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 14, 2021

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

AllisonByProxy posted:

Tried my hand at a first pass of Whomps Fortress done in the style of the ? Block set.

It was instantly recognizable as that level, so not bad!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

AllisonByProxy posted:

Oh poo poo, this is very good! 100% recognizable for one of my favorite levels in the game. Very nice job with the shrubbery and mid level!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Is Assembly Square the only recent modular that uses 1x2 jumper pieces (instead of 1x4 pieces with 2 studs) to connect the floors? Just finished the set and while it's amazing overall I keep having to readjust the floors when I put them on.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Meaty Ore posted:

It was instantly recognizable as that level, so not bad!

OSU_Matthew posted:

Oh poo poo, this is very good! 100% recognizable for one of my favorite levels in the game. Very nice job with the shrubbery and mid level!

Thanks guys. I also did Big Boo's Haunt.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sailboat GwP is available again until the 30th. Still the same price though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They’ve found the price point people won’t blindly spend on to get a GWP.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

I'm curious if there's that many fans of Queer Eye that it will sell very well. Does Lego ever disclose numbers?

I generally hate reality TV, but I love that show and also (obviously) love Lego and I cannot think of anything less interesting than a Lego set based on that. The generic prefab apartment Neftlix rented for them isn't even a memorable part of the show.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Sep 14, 2021

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

AllisonByProxy posted:

Thanks guys. I also did Big Boo's Haunt.

Feels like it needs a Big Boo, but how to do that without it looking too weird...

Amazing models though, how about Tiny Huge Island next.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Queer's Eye set leaked

https://brickset.com/article/63642/10291-queer-eye-%E2%80%93-the-fab-5-loft-revealed!

Has Lego ever included torsos without hands in a set before?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Sep 14, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lol they really nailed the minifigures. I still think it's dumb set because who cares about their fake apartment that appears for the last minute of the show?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Excellent prints on those minifigs, great likenesses and great selection of clothing bits. But yeah what a pointless set, from a building point of view. I get why they went with the apartment, but it's hardly representative of the show.

Waiting to see if there's some new pieces or colours at least.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Brickset comments pointed out that the box doesn't have a black background, which I hadn't noticed but which is a good change.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Polished them up and made another new one.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

RatHat posted:

Queer's Eye set leaked

https://brickset.com/article/63642/10291-queer-eye-%E2%80%93-the-fab-5-loft-revealed!

Has Lego ever included torsos without hands in a set before?

Never watched the show... But those white bricks look Nice. I may to order a few hundred.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

AllisonByProxy posted:

Polished them up and made another new one.

:swoon:

Seconding big boo request... maybe you could put a transparent pole (like the lightsaber piece) and put boo up in the sky above? I don't remember if boo had a crown in 64, but could be a good add for recognizibility

The attention to the harder parts of the level is fantastic, because that's what my brain translates immediately. Underground lake level might be pretty tough to pull off, but a big blue Nessie would be pretty neat! Maybe leave the roof open but have slop tiles pointing back in around the ceiling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Those are some great Mario 64 levels folks!