Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Phigs posted:

Okay America I'm gonna need you to hemorrhage hard and fast enough that Australia wakes up to the severity of the problem they're about to open up to. I know you're trying your best but you really need to pick up the pace a bit.

I've been arguing with Aussie antivaxxers and they simply won't care until it happens to someone they know and their local news is 24/7 dead bodies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Real Mean Queen posted:

It’s perfect. The sticky shows that they’ve taken it seriously and done all they can. The 74 posts show that people aren’t very interested. The market has spoken.
C-SPAM self congratulation aside I looked at the D&D covid thread a week ago and the stuff people were posting was not at all different from this thread (people were talking about buying elastomeric respirators to be prepared for everything imminently going to poo poo), which surprised me because the last time I had looked a few months ago the D&D thread was much more optimistic.

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

* gets huge, dangerous rear end implants that will one day leak and kill me * I need to do my own research on the vaccine on account of the balls thing

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The Washington generals lineup

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Why is anyone here reading or posting in D&D

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This is abelist

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Going to have my titers counted in a few hours :c00l:

NO I DONT CONSENT TO YOU LOOKING FOR ANY OTHER SUBSTANCES. STAY AWAY.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Steve Yun posted:

I've been arguing with Aussie antivaxxers and they simply won't care until it happens to someone they know and their local news is 24/7 dead bodies

I recently learned that the phrase "the lucky country" was originally a dig at how Australia has only done so well because of luck undeserved by our poo poo politics, economics, and "second rate people".

I was just like... yeah fair enough.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol when did sa become a giant forum of wussy babies

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Winston-Salem is a city in and the county seat of Forsyth County, North Carolina, United States.[4] In 2020, the population was 249,545 making it the second largest municipality in the Piedmont Triad region, the fifth most populous city in North Carolina, the third largest urban area in North Carolina, and the 89th most populous city in the United States.[5] With a metropolitan population of 679,948 it is the fourth largest metropolitan area in North Carolina.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Winston-Salem is a city in and the county seat of Forsyth County, North Carolina, United States.[4] In 2020, the population was 249,545 making it the second largest municipality in the Piedmont Triad region, the fifth most populous city in North Carolina, the third largest urban area in North Carolina, and the 89th most populous city in the United States.[5] With a metropolitan population of 679,948 it is the fourth largest metropolitan area in North Carolina.

Are we taking bets on when we hit Fresno numbers?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
if it's anything like the united states, family members dying of covid will only make the anti-vaxxers stronger and more dug in

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's interesting as an indicator of what succlibs think currently. If D&D has started to freak out about Delta, it's possible that some mainstream liberals in the media will start to do so as well shortly despite the neoliberal imperative to fully open biden.

mystes fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 14, 2021

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

we need to thank the good NYC doctor for their contributions to the OP

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

if it's anything like the united states, family members dying of covid will only make the anti-vaxxers stronger and more dug in

Once they locked on to "the vaccine and the hospital treatment is what's really killing people" we were kinda hosed.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol when did sa become a giant forum of wussy babies

tbh it's the opposite, SA has a lot of toxicity pretty much everywhere. it's getting pretty tiresome as I am not an edgy teenager anymore and don't think being mean to people is funny but that seems to be a minority opinion. there's a lot of undeserved elitism coupled with genuine mean-spiritedness and if anyone thinks that somehow sets SA apart from the rest of the internet as unique or good somehow they are wrong.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I love that the Oregon dashboard, and probably all the others, default to 18+ for the vaccination percentage. Like 12+ has been authorized for months now, any rational person would have a 12+ setting and a total pop setting if you were going to have 2 different settings at all. gently caress I hate all of these motherfuckers in charge.

When I moved up to Portland from the Rogue Valley, I thought it was kind of novel how the people up north got special advertisements for stuff with shots of the city in them. It’s weird, you can start your day watching a Subaru ad depicting a car doing a good job on a sketchy mountain road, drive five hours, and end your day watching a similar ad pointing out all the local bridges you can drive the same car over.

I bring this up because our public health guidance reminds me of that. They’ll gently caress with those numbers until they’re as high as they can go, and the people in Portland will be very excited about it, but the rest of the state is not appreciating or benefiting from this marketing campaign. What does that do for the 1,300 people out in Wheeler County, which is constantly bright red somehow? Does it unpack the hospitals with the people protesting outside of them in Jackson, the county with the best hospital system you could hope for in this state outside of Portland?

Don’t feel like I’m yelling at you, I’m not, you’re good people. I’m just disgusted by the state I’m born and raised in, a place that I want to be proud of, selling bullshit vaccination numbers to the people who want to hear them while the people who don’t want to hear about vaccines are traumatizing a generation of healthcare workers, and everyone in that picture is from Oregon. It’s one of the most beautiful places in the world, I wish we treated it like it was as special as it is.

mystes
May 31, 2006

empty whippet box posted:

tbh it's the opposite, SA has a lot of toxicity pretty much everywhere. it's getting pretty tiresome as I am not an edgy teenager anymore and don't think being mean to people is funny but that seems to be a minority opinion. there's a lot of undeserved elitism coupled with genuine mean-spiritedness and if anyone thinks that somehow sets SA apart from the rest of the internet as unique or good somehow they are wrong.
For a little while it looked like SA might have been moving in the direction of being slightly less lovely than the rest of the internet, but yeah that hasn't actually happened and probably never will. Everyone who's not an rear end in a top hat gets driven off by the assholes so it's all just us assholes left here.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Really only a few posters seem to follow that "you getting mad at me being a ceaseless shithead actually makes you the loser." mentality. But those posters seem to get weird cult of personality that will defend them to the ends of the Earth. IDK.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

covid made me straight.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

w/r/t large sack bears posted earlier, I believe if I remember that story, they were a group of extremely emotionally abused subs whose dom made them inject silicone into their balls until the one on the lower left died.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Well my wife's liberal and anti-vaxx friend finally got a shot because it was required at her work. She got extremely sick for a couple weeks after, so she's feeling very vindicated and vocal in her antivaxxness. I'm wondering how likely it is she is a rare severe vaccine symptom victim vs got COVID around the same time.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

mystes posted:

For a little while it looked like SA might have been moving in the direction of being slightly less lovely than the rest of the internet, but yeah that hasn't actually happened and probably never will. Everyone who's not an rear end in a top hat gets driven off by the assholes so it's all just us assholes left here.

The rest of the internet is better. You can be sincere there, as opposed to encrusted with decades of irony.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh hey pet grooming is legal again here. Human grooming still banned for months.

Apr 7, 2003

cr0y posted:

Once they locked on to "the vaccine and the hospital treatment is what's really killing people" we were kinda hosed.

This also means they're going to stay home and huff colloidal silver from a vaporizer rather than taking up ICU space.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zurtilik posted:

Really only a few posters seem to follow that "you getting mad at me being a ceaseless shithead actually makes you the loser." mentality. But those posters seem to get weird cult of personality that will defend them to the ends of the Earth. IDK.

A community that tolerates the number of people that are like this that SA does is going to be basically run by those people and have its culture dictated by them because they are loud and boorish and they defend one another in a way that non-shitheads simply don't. There's way too many people on this site that only don't use bigoted slurs in every post because there are rules against it and not because it is the wrong thing to do, as evidenced by the fact that any space where it's allowed has tons and tons of it. And there's a lot of people who have a lot of practice being as toxic as they possibly can while either skirting the rules, or simply being immune to real punishments because they post in the right places and are friends with the right people. Speaking up against it is guaranteed to have consequences for whoever does it. It seems unlikely to get better.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Oh hey pet grooming is legal again here. Human grooming still banned for months.

my hairdresser is texting me with availability for October lol
I’m not booking anything because I’m not that ready to catch Covid just yet

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

C-SPAM self congratulation aside I looked at the D&D covid thread a week ago and the stuff people were posting was not at all different from this thread (people were talking about buying elastomeric respirators to be prepared for everything imminently going to poo poo), which surprised me because the last time I had looked a few months ago the D&D thread was much more optimistic.

guess I'll need to retire this image

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

mystes posted:

you callin me an rear end in a top hat? gently caress you

https://twitter.com/bangordailynews/status/1437754879510994946?s=19
not looking good!! school just started last week for most of the state

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'd like to take this post to remember all the people claiming that kids couldn't get/spread covid a year ago (lol).

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

I'd like to take this post to remember all the people claiming that kids couldn't get/spread covid a year ago (lol).

you mean the same ones still saying it now?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

PerniciousKnid posted:

Well my wife's liberal and anti-vaxx friend finally got a shot because it was required at her work. She got extremely sick for a couple weeks after, so she's feeling very vindicated and vocal in her antivaxxness. I'm wondering how likely it is she is a rare severe vaccine symptom victim vs got COVID around the same time.

I've read this post and can conclude she was faking it

Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

A year ago? People are still saying this.

There was a good 4 month period April-July when all the very good and smart liberals on Twitter and elsewhere were actively harassing and making GBS threads on people who continued to mask and take precautions. A good number of those people are still riding the "everything is great" train despite our numbers looking like last year's post-Thanksgiving numbers.

The cool thing about the US media landscape is that whether you're a chud or a shitlib, it's easy to climb into a comforting media / 'news' hole that tells you exactly what you want to hear and nothing else.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Helith posted:

my hairdresser is texting me with availability for October lol
I’m not booking anything because I’m not that ready to catch Covid just yet

Have never been so grateful to get my hair cut at the local grumpy old man barber who cuts it in fix minutes max with the door open.

Maybe in December.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
(sung to "Our House")

My boss
Hasn't been here for a week
My boss
Coughin' COVID on the street

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Solarin posted:

I've read this post and can conclude she was faking it

many such cases

Apr 7, 2003

Shitpostradomus posted:

(sung to "Our House")

My boss
Hasn't been here for a week
My boss
Coughin' COVID on the street

my two lungs are so scarred
breathing becomes so hard

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i love that the Rs keep ignoring the "or test weekly" part

Also that none of them can explain why it is unconstitutional

Apr 7, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

i love that the Rs keep ignoring the "or test weekly" part

Also that none of them can explain why it is unconstitutional

"The choice of a vaccination is a personal one," I say as every state in the country has barred unvaccinated children from schools for a century

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Are the required weekly tests still the 'swab thru your nose so deep it comes out your rear end in a top hat' tests or are they less unpleasant now?