Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RC Cola posted:

No one gives a poo poo about healthcare workers right now. It would be wonderful if they did, but it'll be like a school shooting. No one will give a gently caress. Hospitals are full of doctors, not school children. It will matter less. I don't want this to be the case, but lol if the powers that be give half a poo poo about dead heroes nurses.

the difference though is that schools are for students, who do nothing in society because they're not workers yet

i am talking about a direct consequence that is tangible, because there are workers who are activated to handle this crisis.

They can clap and cheer through the idiot box, they're not gonna have someone to intubate them anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A guy shot up a newspaper in Maryland immediately after Trump went on a rant about how the media were the 'enemy of the people,' everyone shrugged their shoulders about what might have possibly caused it and forgot in a week. lol

A hospital getting shot up by chuds would get memory-holed faster than you can blink.

That guy was mentally ill and had a personal vendetta against the paper after they covered his conviction for harassment. He was triggered by losing his last appeal, not specifically by Trump.

I do agree with you though that people would forget immediately. Nurses wouldn't, of course, and it would be another tick in the column of "nursing is a hopelessly stressful job" and lead to more people leaving the field.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

I have seen no evidence that they are not, personally

right for the wrong reasons, as always

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Chad Sexington posted:

Nurses wouldn't, of course, and it would be another tick in the column of "nursing is a hopelessly stressful job" and lead to more people leaving the field.

This

also comparing a journo to a nurse in the essential worker tier list lol

it will be a very quiet, enormous implication that will once again blow everything up~

Apr 7, 2003

Chad Sexington posted:

That guy was mentally ill and had a personal vendetta against the paper after they covered his conviction for harassment. He was triggered by losing his last appeal, not specifically by Trump.

I don't doubt for a single minute that the president constantly talking about how the media were the enemy helped this guy make his decision, though.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I trust my doctor with my life already why should they not carry dualies?

if my doctor dual wield pistols think i would respect him more.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Lastgirl posted:

the difference though is that schools are for students, who do nothing in society because they're not workers yet

i am talking about a direct consequence that is tangible, because there are workers who are activated to handle this crisis.

They can clap and cheer through the idiot box, they're not gonna have someone to intubate them anymore.

I just hope this never actually happens. Enough hospital staff are chuds that maybe chuds won't want to kill someone with their same mindset. Every healthcare worker I know is already at or past a breaking point. A shooting would not help their mental health.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Has anyone made fun of madjackel lately?

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
B.C. is making shots mandatory for health care workers by Oct. 26. There will be a review and re-assignment mechanism for medical and religious exemptions.

The nurses union is hand-wringing this morning about anything that might cause nurses to leave the profession when we desperately need them. I'm with Field Marshall Rommel on this one: "The graveyards are full of irreplaceable men."

Can I quote Nazis here? Is that bad? Should I not do it? Anti-vax nurses bring out the worst in me.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

quote:

Britain's Covid cases fall AGAIN: UK records 26,628 positive tests in 30% week-on-week drop as deaths fall by 12% to 185 while hospital admissions increase by just 2%

Wrap it up, pandemailures, COVID. IS. OVER.

WE DID IT

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

McNugget Buddy posted:

No one wants the Russian vaccine, lol

The side effects may include alcoholism and an obsession with Adidas.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Apparently some sort of protests are happening tomorrow in Toronto to prove that covid is fake. They are planning on storming hospitals so guess things are gonna escalate even more

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Teenage Riot posted:

Do you need context for the “modern” Planet of the Apes movies or can u just watch them, I have seen the original classic but it’s been a very long time and I have not seen any of the sequels or the Tim Burton thing

the new planet of the apes movies are way better and more entertaining than they have any right to be, do watch

no context needed to enjoy and understand

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

we should stop making fun of madjackel

we're gonna need to have him explain how to do the "good guy discount" thing again now that momentum is building towards giving covid to every man woman and child

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby
I'm sure this is all totally fine

Apr 7, 2003

who could have seen this coming

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
It kinda seems like all the "Covid-19 News" section of youtube is doing is platforming antivaxxers in the comment sections. That poo poo is nuts down in there

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003

RC Cola posted:

Has anyone made fun of madjackel lately?

not enough, certainly - the new bad thread wants to give him a free av change in recognition of his service lol

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

it sounded like the india fungus was an interaction between steroid use for covid lung immunosuppression and the local environment being conducive for fungal growth.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

i feel that this is extremely pandemicore gear

i dress like this already, oops. I saw myself in a store window the other day and was like, “my god, who is this anime character im looking at!” because the respirator really threw the whole look over the top lol

empty whippet box posted:

:lol: what the gently caress are you for real

no, no it will not. it will just get worse as things always do

ty for still posting

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Lastgirl posted:

ive been super inspired by Dorohedoro masks and the casual bleakness with stochastic hyper-violence as a norm of its universe coincides very well with the current zeitgeist of America

i feel that this is extremely pandemicore gear

My question is, how do i actually design the drip to be covid-proof and up to respirator guideline so that its functional and also can modify a retractable jaw on the mask in pic #2 since it's forevermask and i will not be taking it off ever in public

I don't know how to design an actual safe respirator that can do the completely sick jaw drop, but 3m makes a respirator that has a latch to drop and raise it fast.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v000154019/

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Please let coconut oil be the new ivermectin

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

who could have seen this coming

The solution is to attend a college football game which has a special Covid force field around the stadium

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Epic High Five posted:

Shin Godzilla folks.....it's good

I watched it again yesterday. It's so good.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

gradenko_2000 posted:

The mental image of chuds shooting out of their hospital beds like it's a Slip n' Slide is sending me into fits

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Rauros posted:

it sounded like the india fungus was an interaction between steroid use for covid lung immunosuppression and the local environment being conducive for fungal growth.

I remember reading that these types of fungus were what grows when you decompose because the steroids were causing whatever your body does to keep that from happening to well, happen

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

DarkEuphoria posted:

i dress like this already, oops. I saw myself in a store window the other day and was like, “my god, who is this anime character im looking at!” because the respirator really threw the whole look over the top lol

This is good actually :o:

You want to unnerve as many insecure assholes as possible.

Dixon Chisholm posted:

I don't know how to design an actual safe respirator that can do the completely sick jaw drop, but 3m makes a respirator that has a latch to drop and raise it fast.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v000154019/

Thank you! :sun:

Didn't know there was an option for a latch, game changer. I can prob look around for some servo doo dads to somehow make a battery powered pulley system on activation to release the latch like this:

:hmmrona: :hmmrona:

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

DarkEuphoria posted:

i think with that one you should take the respirator off and put your knives in your pockets when you walk around. otherwise it's OK

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so how many virgin coconuts do i have to gently caress to be immune?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSXO3ax9zA

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1437842382326730752

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

my_crimes.truck

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

gradenko_2000 posted:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fix posted:

I watched it again yesterday. It's so good.

what it lacks in quantity of Godzilla wrecking poo poo scenes, it makes up for in quality, and everything in between is also very good without committing the fatal flaw of the American Godzilla movies, which was to spend too much time on the non-Kaiju characters nobody is there to see. A three way match between Kaiju, Leviathan (US military), and Ideology (Japanese crisis of identity regarding self-determination).

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEJoHs4FbFQ

just watched this now, should i try to move to japan

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

just give the psychos a mg of ivermectin or whatever, who cares

No quarter for anti-science garbage. Doctors/pharms in ICUs are already caving to Vitamin C injection requests. The line must be drawn here, no further

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Nodelphi posted:

Seeing a bunch of zoomer/young millennial kids with covid in the ER now self medicating with megadoses of coconut oil slathered on their bodies, like so much their clothes are stained and matted to them.

I noticed that coconut oil was on the endcaps on my last Costco run.

Guess I know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

At what point can I just demand fun drugs from the hospital?