Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
https://www.king5.com/article/news/...77-1abafeda8c33

quote:

ISSAQUAH, Wash. — Students who attended an Issaquah High School home football game on Sept. 10 are being asked to get a COVID-19 test after "a few" tested positive and were infectious at the time.

High school administration have notified all close contacts, according to a letter to families. However, Public Health - Seattle & King County is recommending all students who attended that game get tested.

The department is also telling students to be "extra vigilant" in monitoring for symptoms over the next 10 days and wear a mask, even when outdoors.

bUt OuTsIdE iS SaFe!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

what was the point of the 9/20 goal anyways, just that it was going to be 8 months from when a lot of doctors/nurses started getting their second doses?

the point was to be as confusing as possible

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

stay safe doctor Plane

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

why is the CDC/FDA so purposefully against a booster shot despite the evidence clearly indicating they're not only needed but add a layer of needed protection? is it the underlying possibility they're admitting the original vaccines aren't as effective as they once advertised, or is it the logistics of having to roll out more shots?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

I went biking the other day and the path I ride runs next to a high school, and a team was doing football practice. zero masks in site, they were all super close to each other, and the adults there was well didn't wear masks and were talking in each other's faces. none of these loving idiots learn.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Does it look anything like SCDHEC's new and improved reporting?

lmao no, why bother reporting at all

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Louisgod posted:

why is the CDC/FDA so purposefully against a booster shot despite the evidence clearly indicating they're not only needed but add a layer of needed protection? is it the underlying possibility they're admitting the original vaccines aren't as effective as they once advertised, or is it the logistics of having to roll out more shots?

COVID is over and done with so why would anyone need a booster?

Your immune so start acting immune.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Louisgod posted:

i wonder if it's not the Vincent Racaniello Effect where a few subject matter experts are making pedantic arguments demanding 100% certain technical evidence of a claim and completely ignoring the trade-offs or urgency of the situation

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Today

Yesterday

Tenn. back on the table.
Texas??

covidactnow.org

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Louisgod posted:

yep. in april/may the call was made that 100% of covid messaging would be 2 shots = completely immune, complete with the CDC director saying that on tv shows. Then after that all messaging has focused on telling people they should vaccinate if they haven't.

Anything that goes against vaccine=perfect contradicts their messaging, and contradiction can't be allowed. Especially with the removal of masks

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1438472769184931848

Hey, remember all the times we have been warned that if we ever get socialized medicine, we'd suffer from rationed care? Good news, we are getting there anyway thanks to our health system just flat out buckling.

I don't know why the hell this of all things is making me crack-ping, but gently caress, here I am.

hot tip: we've always rationed care but until now we always used "can you pay?" as the main triage.

now it's a capacity problem and the free market does not have a solution for that.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

Shitpostradomus posted:

the racoon came back last night. i was on the porch having a smoke / drinking whiskey and it nudged my feet with its nose. again, it climbed up the gutter pipe three stories. i brought it some watermelon and scraps from dinner. large bowl of fresh water. they were very thirsty, as they were last time. and we just kinda chilled. thunder rolled in so i opened our outside closet in the event it wanted to chill out. went in, laid down. didn't get weird when i got up to go in.

i have made a very important ally.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

genericnick posted:

lmao. Though Denmark has that:

Which might make it look like it works for a few months

i'm never not amazed that we've apparently decided that a virus can never, ever have consequences years down the line

endemic~~

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

"man cold"

for sale: second shipment of Get Well cookies. Never used

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

4 Days to alleged booster guidance right? We're not getting anything are we

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

3m 800 series respirator club - I’m having some issues with my secureclick, was wondering if you had any advice. I’m getting a ton of pressure on the bridge of my nose.

in addition to looking like an extra in fight club, it hurts. if I fasten it looser I lose the seal when I smile or bump the mask, if I fasten it too tight I’m safe but I get this. it’s this way with both the 802 and 803 (medium and large). I’m 6’3” 215lbs, so I don’t think the small one would do me much good. any advice would be appreciated, I’d love to make these work.

I don't have the issue to the same extent, but I do notice and have posted here before that the HF800 series seems to have a smaller, tighter nose bridge than the 3m 7500 series, which I find more comfortable. You lose the voice diaphragm but the filters, especially the plastic encased ones, are cheaper.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Louisgod posted:

When did the CDC/FDA become against a booster? Last I saw from they were for it: https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/joint-statement-hhs-public-health-and-medical-experts-covid-19-booster-shots

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

OK baizuo posted:

One death is a tragedy, one million deaths is Open Biden
sound on
https://imgur.com/4nw0QTl
can't figure out how to embed but oh well
edit: got it
https://i.imgur.com/4nw0QTl.gifv

FORUMS USER 1135 fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 18, 2021

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

they probably wanna make us pay for our own shots eventually and each booster that is offered free to us represents billions of dollars less money for someone, somewhere.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

net work error posted:

4 Days to alleged booster guidance right? We're not getting anything are we

not just guidance. joe said we would have boosters on the 20th lol. and now it's looking almost certain it won't happen

tomorrow the 17th is apparently a big meeting with the FDA to approve it. all week there have been dueling news articles "Pfizer shows need for booster", "Moderna publishes data showing need for booster" vs "FDA Official Say No Need For Booster" etc.

the communication inside the biden administartion has broken down so badly that departments like CDC and FDA only talk to each other by smearing the other in the press. it is a complete clusterfuck. this is what collapse looks like

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

they're not wrong that vaccines are still effective 6-8 months later, because you'll still clearly spin up antibodies when exposed

you just won't have them circulating already, meaning instead of crushing it immediately you get sick and potentially spread it around for a bit before your immune system can finally crush it

considering there isn't exactly a supply crunch in this country it should be pretty obvious that in terms of public health outcomes, boosters to keep antibodies circulating is as many people as possible is a zero downside all upside thing lol

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

sound on
https://imgur.com/4nw0QTl
can't figure out how to embed but oh well

lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fosborb posted:

1 in 200 Iowa children tested positive last week

And there's no way the number that actually got it isn't at least twice that if not considerably more.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/2jamielynn/status/1438414826070491138?s=19
https://twitter.com/MrGetFlee99/status/1438263939641511940?s=19

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

lol that was a month ago. this week the two heads of the FDA who are stepping down came out with articles saying they don't think we need boosters: https://www.statnews.com/2021/09/15/fda-scientists-strike-skeptical-tone-on-need-for-covid-19-vaccine-booster-at-this-time-fueling-debate/

it's a poo poo show, no one knows anything. we all get to suffer!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Cut of Your Jib posted:

"man cold"

I don't have a cold, like a weakling...I'm not a woman. I have a u h....it's a man cold. a seriously super masculine, not womany or feminine at all man cold for men who have penises and balls

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

They haven't issued guidance yet but they are definitely signaling that they do not support widespread boosters being available in the US.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
FDA aka the Fuckin' Dicks Associaton

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Louisgod posted:

They've bought into the idea that boosters are immoral until everyone has had a first dose.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
My sister finally converted and got vaxxed, she's trying to convince her church friends to get it and it's going about as well as you'd expect

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

My sister finally converted and got vaxxed, she's trying to convince her church friends to get it and it's going about as well as you'd expect

is this all “info” from Facebook ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Like I understand being a little hesitant in January 2021 about vaccines i guess

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

"treating us like the communists treat the Chinese"

ok that's enough for me today

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Epic High Five posted:

they're not wrong that vaccines are still effective 6-8 months later, because you'll still clearly spin up antibodies when exposed

you just won't have them circulating already, meaning instead of crushing it immediately you get sick and potentially spread it around for a bit before your immune system can finally crush it

considering there isn't exactly a supply crunch in this country it should be pretty obvious that in terms of public health outcomes, boosters to keep antibodies circulating is as many people as possible is a zero downside all upside thing lol

some beancounter is saying this
150m fully vaxxed getting booster shot * 2 days out sick =300m workdays lost
150m fully vaxxed maybe not getting sick who can really know * 0 days out sick = 0 workdays lost

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

It ruled when it was in October of 2020 and everyone in Wuhan had returned to their favorite passtime of crowding into giant wave pools until the bodies outnumber the living and everyone in the west got mad at them for "showing off"

like gently caress yeagh we're showing off we built a hospital in 4 days and it took you a month to move a ship from Washington to New York and then put Franklin Graham in charge of it

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Relevant Tangent posted:

They've bought into the idea that boosters are immoral until everyone has had a first dose.

Now Milton, pass your syringe until everyone gets a jab! :biglips:

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

The Cut of Your Jib posted:

"man cold"

I'm starting a new business: A loot crate subscription service for the constantly shifting crank COVID cures.

Original Idea Do Not Steal

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cardiac nurse friend says all the covid patient who have been there for two plus weeks, have a negative covid test, and can't leave are just being transferred to cardiac floors. this is how they're getting their covid patients down; just saying they're cardiac now because TECHNICALLY they're not covid positive

anyway the cardiac nurses are bitching that they're just pancake artists now because all they do is flip the patients over back and forth

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

We really need a vaccine for brainworms, a shot still cures 'em though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea just let this Americans die gently caress it, gets rid of some C02 emissions. Just can't stand em.