Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Covid is less than 1% likely to kill you, so this was 1 in 1000!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

cr0y posted:

A very vocal antivaxxer "friend" of mine on Facebook...I'm starting to suspect they aren't understanding these punchlines..

anyone have the original of the woman on the toilet

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

papa horny michael posted:

sept 3rd, so likely not enough time for whatever immune system stuff this thread usually cautions

bummer. hang in there friendo

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

So I take it that choir practice is not happening?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sept 3rd, so likely not enough time for whatever immune system stuff this thread usually cautions

Yeah it takes over 2 weeks after the third shot to build antibodies

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

mod sassinator posted:

2022 is going to be a loving embarassment as the US continues to spiral out of control and china, after having vaccinated near 95% of its entire country, now shifts into high gear vaccinating the rest of the world and in particular poor countries

i've noticed the anti-china propaganda pick up pretty significantly

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

I’m just very confused by all the people who have babies during a pandemic. Seems like a bad time.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

McNugget Buddy posted:

Yeah it takes over 2 weeks after the third shot to build antibodies

i just grabbed it at first availability, even knowing that.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
do we know how long the huge israeli titers last

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

holy poo poo that video was made september 8th. so in a bit over a week they went from normal, driving, complaining about the shot... to loving dead

lmao

edit: oh someone reuploaded the video, dunno when it was actually recorded but seems recent

Serf
May 5, 2011

Stereotype posted:

i've noticed the anti-china propaganda pick up pretty significantly

poo poo like this is getting posted in random discords by people with a hard-on for hating china, trying to drum up sinophobia

https://twitter.com/JustKiyan/status/1438099802558844930?s=20

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

DarkEuphoria posted:

I’m just very confused by all the people who have babies during a pandemic. Seems like a bad time.

There wasn’t a pandemic yet.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

there's so many of these. someone needs to put together a compendium. there's thousands. social media during mass death is insane

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
the first two shots likely provided little actual defense against covid, even though both of those were five months prior? or did getting the third likely put me at increased risk lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tzen posted:

lol why would you put yourself in this situation
hmm yes let me endanger my toddler on a flight
oh also i haven't trained them to wear a mask yet
lmao oh woe is me

in prep for loving daycare, it took me about 4 days to get my newly turned 2-year-old to properly wear a kf94 mask and to keep it on
like poo poo is not hard!!!

You can't even get most Americans to learn how to properly wear a mask and keep it on

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

DarkEuphoria posted:

Baby making actually dropped significantly so lots of people agree with you.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poll plane variant posted:

do we know how long the huge israeli titers last

No idea - please check back in late October for Pfizer's Q3 earnings report since that's apparently the only place to get meaningful data.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Iron Crowned posted:

You can't even get most Americans to learn how to properly wear a mask and keep it on

tbf most medical professionals have to take a class on that. like anything as useful could be provided on television for everyone, or god forbid properly fit every person

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

TheMightyBoops posted:

This wasn’t about you, then

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
thread moves real fast but ty for the grocery wiping advice to those cool peeps who replied!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the first two shots likely provided little actual defense against covid, even though both of those were five months prior? or did getting the third likely put me at increased risk lol

Your t-cell immunity will kick in within the next week to save you.

Unfortunately you'll have symptoms until then.

Hope the virus doesn't cheeze your lungs

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/ThinDieselle/status/1438558880833867783

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

TheMightyBoops posted:

This reminds me about all the article back late last year about how there wasn't a quarantine baby boom that just completely ignores that any quarantine babies wouldn't be showing up until early 2021 at the earliest.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

zegermans posted:

horny is prohibited

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

my guess is just bad timing. far enough out from your second that your antibodies waned some but not enough time to get them back on the ready after the booster. plus, delta. try to relax as best you can and take care of yourself to let your antibodies spin up and do their thing :glomp:

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Anyone know of any KF94 style face masks that have a headband instead of ear loops that isn't the 3M Aura?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

This reminds me about all the article back late last year about how there wasn't a quarantine baby boom that just completely ignores that any quarantine babies wouldn't be showing up until early 2021 at the earliest.

Are there stats on miscarriages

I almost don't want to look

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Anyone know of any KF94 style face masks that have a headband instead of ear loops that isn't the 3M Aura?

worst case grab a bit of elastic band from a craft store and staple it to a KF94 you like

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
the worst part was that third vaccine gave me swollen balls for three days, and i was offline while that apparently became a fake news item to libs?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

no? 2 is good and 3 is better

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

gently caress off zegermans

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Stereotype posted:

then don’t get on a flight. I’m not interested in getting punished because of your lovely life choices. your kids are stupid and I don’t care about them

lmao gently caress off moron. having a kid is only a lovely life choice for you.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

alabama is actually fine. i just flew home from there. excuse me i gotta zoom call to do this self covid test because i can't walk or breathe

Hey, dont listen to peeps saying just relax and wait to get better. If you have covid you need to be asking in your appt how you can get antibody treatment. Dont leave things to chance!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

i skipped to a random point in this video:

and the dude was saying how he only wears a mask when going into stores, so he doesn't get in trouble, and also he purposely keeps his nose exposed, that way he gets to break the rules while still following the rules! bing bong! everyone is happy now (actually now everyone is mad, either because hes wearing his loving mask wrong, or because he's wearing one at all)

lol

but he wont be wearing any masks anymore

:sad:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/GovCanHealth/status/1438521798761517056

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Fireside Nut posted:

my guess is just bad timing. far enough out from your second that your antibodies waned some but not enough time to get them back on the ready after the booster. plus, delta. try to relax as best you can and take care of yourself to let your antibodies spin up and do their thing :glomp:

for sure, thanks y'all. will update if im declared pozzed up by a medical authority. doing the self test via zoom and will likely schedule a pharmacy drive thru test too

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

lmao at the concept of someone going on TV, using the federal powers to get on all channels, to do something like inform people about the virus and show proper masking behaviors

if this happened in America there would news articles about people shooting the TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Stereotype posted:

"the world has always been a horrible place filled with nothing but tragedy. living is and always has been a curse. my decision to force this on another person as well as society as a whole needs to be respected"

i want to first say I'm big fan. Secondly, I was wondering when the next collection is coming out Mr. Ligotti