Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

OK baizuo posted:

Stopped by Walmart today and saw an older chuddy boomer guy checking out a big jar of coconut oil

Lol

this baffles me. i remember oil pulling had a moment several years ago in certain internet circles. is that the same reason it's one of the hippest quack covid remedies now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

lmao I remember when blue libs chided people as doomers and 'on the side of the virus' for wanting to take precautions. but this dipshit is literally on the side of the virus wanting it to kill more people before they can get protected

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

kreeningsons posted:

that guy aaron collins who does youtube videos about masks tested a kf94 after it was out in the rain. he said "USED BOTN #4 - 3.5 months
in car + Random Use + Left in Rain" reduced the filtration effectiveness to 90.4% vs a 99% filtration effectiveness out of the package. here's his data https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eE2BERAvRzs28kG87ft3a27FS9-gHvdC and here's the relevant video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_In-nBP6WkQ

Wow, nice, thanks for the data link. Exactly what I was hoping for.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Friend got covid, they always wore kn95s and face shield at work, double pfizered in march/april, no booster. Work involved dealing with thousands of clients in poverty in a ruralish area, high unvaxxed zone.

got mild symptoms, thank god, probably a low viral load along with the vaxx help. Allergy-like symptoms and a rash.

didn't spread it to bf or roommate who are also vaxxed, they tested negative the whole time

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Delta-Wye posted:

baby ur gonna have so many titers ur gonna need a log scale graph

lol that Pfizer used log scale to try and hide that the 2-dose titers were so low when they could have instead emphasized that the 3rd dose titers are through the roof

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

Doctorate in computer science, in case anyone was wondering

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

quite possibly the dumbest take ever lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1439387026101571585?s=20

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TheShadeRoom/status/1438188523203530762

https://twitter.com/AJLaJoya/status/1438188913152036867

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1438617473516019712

Vent: The Musical

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

New Found Power posted:

prob the most worthless doctorate on earth too, imagine being that dumb

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Mr Hootington posted:

The weaponization of woke language and mental illness is great. Ban everyone that posted on Tumblr from the internet.

This is something that makes me feel alienated sometimes. I don’t like the idea that we can’t talk about a problem and raise our voices in case somebody who doesn’t like raised voices hears it, you know what I mean? Like, the guy who doesn’t like loud noises isn’t actually here asking us not to do that, we maybe haven’t ever actually even seen this guy or proven that he exists, but the thread about the pile of corpses needs to be kept calm in case he exists, so don’t get too upset about that pile of corpses or else he might get upset and then you’re responsible and not being a good ally.

It’s kind of a hard thing to complain about without sounding like some right wing crank, but I think people here generally know what I mean. It sucks when you have to do a three minute preface explaining that trump was a very, very bad president before you can gently allude to the obvious fact that Biden isn’t doing poo poo for anyone. The thing about a rigorous enough demand for decorum is that it eventually comes to define its own little miniature Overton window, and anything that doesn’t fall within that acceptable decorum range is cause for someone to tell you to Do Better by shutting up about the glaring problems.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

https://twitter.com/DrStephanieCoo1/status/1439094592075288578

It's loving grim in Calgary

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

Fireside Nut posted:

Ugh, that really sucks - I'm sorry. Were you experiencing heart-related symptoms between your last UC visit and the ED visit? Like chest pain, shortness of breath, tachycardia, etc.?

I had the same poo poo a few years back - difficulty exerting/running/stairs and just generally being tired af all the time - went in, got immediately sent to the hospital where they found my Ef was <10%. no cause they could identify, suspected viral but if your body has finished killing it beforehand there isn’t anything to find so the official diagnosis is idiopathic cardiomyopathy.

btw an ef of 10 is right on the edge of “welp let’s find a new ticker to put in there cause this ones FFFFFUCKED” - extremely lucky that a bunch of stupidly expensive drugs + a defib/pacemaker got me back up to 50-55% so now I’m indestructible

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

hey folks, i've finally gotten around to putting up the animated map on a hosting service:

https://anirona-wv5rtswotq-uw.a.run.app/

https://i.imgur.com/Q8RYoci.mp4

currently working on getting the data to update per day automatically. after that's done, i have a few things in mind (taking ideas):

- slider for the date
- start and end date for the animation
- toggleable repeat button

trying to come up with a better domain / name for it too :unsmith:

corona familiar fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 19, 2021

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

flag planter jobs just went up 500%

dont say biden didn't create jobs

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

flag planter jobs just went up 500%

dont say biden didn't create jobs
classic white flag fallacy

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Whelp, looks like it might a good time to free yourself from that consumer feeding frenzy thing and quit buying poo poo that will just end up in the landfill by April.

gently caress McChristmas.

Whoops, now I've done it. They're coming for me, aren't they?

salient
Jan 2, 2021

quote:

https://indianapublicmedia.org/news/indiana-county-rejects-health-grant-amid-covid-19-complaints.php

Indiana County Rejects Health Grant Amid COVID-19 Complaints

Health officials wanted the grant to hire new staff members. Health officials are frustrated after a northern Indiana county council rejected a $3 million federal grant following vocal opposition from residents tying it to a litany of COVID-19 complaints.

The Elkhart County health department had sought the grant to hire staff members to provide education on chronic diseases to Black, Hispanic and Amish residents over a three-year period. The county council’s 6-0 vote on Sept. 11 against accepting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention grant, however, had some health leaders saying the council was swayed by what they view as false information and conspiracy theories.

Dr. Dan Nafziger, Goshen Health’s chief medical officer, said the county doesn’t have enough healthcare workers to meet the community needs. “It is incredibly disappointing to see this effort prevented because people distrust the federal government or connect what they don’t like about the pandemic with this grant,” Nafzinger said. “On a daily basis we have patients filling beds in our hospitals because they didn’t understand how to keep themselves healthy.” County Health Officer Dr. Bethany Wait said the department sought the grant after a community needs assessment showed that chronic disease and mental health were concerns in the three target communities. Wait said the department wanted to find health workers who live in those communities and can provide outreach.

More than 20 people spoke against the grant program during the council meeting, with some expressed distrust of the government and health experts and raising fears that the money would lead to forced vaccination. “I have to believe this grant has a lot to do with COVID,” said Alison Gingerich of Goshen. “We are tired of being educated on COVID. We have had two years of education on COVID. Two years of contract tracing with COVID. Any more education stands for threat, coercion, bullying and virtue signaling.”

Elkhart County, which is just east of South Bend, saw severe COVID-19 outbreaks earlier in the year and was under a county health department-issued mask mandate for months until county commissioners refused in May to extend it under a new Republican-backed state law that required elected officials to approve such requirements.

County Council member Adam Bujalski said he objected to a grant requirement that the local health department assist the federal government in quarantining and COVID isolation. “That one sentence is my no,” Bujalski said. “I refuse to say that whatever the federal government tells me I have to do I have to do. I will never say that.”

Former Goshen Mayor Allan Kauffman, who’s now on the city school board, said he didn’t understand why the council was swayed by the grant opponents. “Never have I seen something like this before, ever. And I never thought I ever would. It’s craziness,” Kauffman said. “What news do these people read, for God’s sakes? ... They want to believe these conspiracy theories.”

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Hexigrammus posted:

Whelp, looks like it might a good time to free yourself from that consumer feeding frenzy thing and quit buying poo poo that will just end up in the landfill by April.

gently caress McChristmas.

Whoops, now I've done it. They're coming for me, aren't they?

the national guard is currently being deployed to ensure you participate in a jolly consumerist holiday season

by force, if necessary

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I feel like an idiot but I've gotten into an argument with presumably a boomer on nextdoor over covid stuff.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I feel like an idiot but I've gotten into an argument with presumably a boomer on nextdoor over covid stuff.

Tell them I said to eat poo poo.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Salt Fish posted:

Tell them I said to eat poo poo.

I'm already banned on Twitter. I can't lose nextdoor too.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Bullfrog posted:

Friend got covid, they always wore kn95s and face shield at work, double pfizered in march/april, no booster. Work involved dealing with thousands of clients in poverty in a ruralish area, high unvaxxed zone.

got mild symptoms, thank god, probably a low viral load along with the vaxx help. Allergy-like symptoms and a rash.

didn't spread it to bf or roommate who are also vaxxed, they tested negative the whole time

I'm glad the symptoms are mild and I hope your friend recovers fully. This is good information, thank you.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Yeah I spent years living near Elkhart. It’s a goddamn wasteland.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Arguing on Nextdoor at all is always a self own whether you’re right or not.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I drove by an anti-vax rally today. lucky them my car didn't uncontrollably veer off-road.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

The covid’s already in her brain?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

24 new cases in auckland after 5 weeks of very strict lockdown :(

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

New Found Power posted:

hahahahahah

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sphyre posted:

24 new cases in auckland after 5 weeks of very strict lockdown :(

man this is kinda sad because by all accounts nzers try really hard across the board.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
The best thing that could reasonably come out of this crisis whenever we reach 'the end' would be a death to federalism and an actual central government that implements top-down policy.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

The best thing that could reasonably come out of this crisis whenever we reach 'the end' would be a death to federalism and an actual central government that implements top-down policy.

bad news its right wing

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Judakel posted:

bad news its right wing

even that's an improvement. we're already a far-right fascist country, at least we could get states' rights out of the way.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Well, too bad about all the dead people, hopefully we see a rise in authoritarianism

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Inspector Hound posted:

Well, too bad about all the dead people, hopefully we see a rise in authoritarianism

a government that can act is preferable to one that can't.

i'm under no illusion as to what sort of political program that government would be enacting, but we're already doing that. Just in a haphazard and lovely way.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
yeah. Germany and Israel are examples of far right, authoritarian governments whose citizens overwhelmingly love their quality of life, and government.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

corona familiar posted:

hey folks, i've finally gotten around to putting up the animated map on a hosting service:

https://anirona-wv5rtswotq-uw.a.run.app/

https://i.imgur.com/Q8RYoci.mp4

currently working on getting the data to update per day automatically. after that's done, i have a few things in mind (taking ideas):

- slider for the date
- start and end date for the animation
- toggleable repeat button

trying to come up with a better domain / name for it too :unsmith:

thanks for having it on GitHub. using next.js is cool. i need to give it a spin. good job all around. too bad I don't know poo poo about typescript.

RadiRoot fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 19, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Norway seems nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Loucks posted:

Arguing on Nextdoor at all is always a self own whether you’re right or not.

My whole life is a self own. I'm just looking to take a boomer down with me.