Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Steve Yun posted:

missed this Ted Nugent nugget from April

can I get a 'covid-19 freaks' gangtag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i was watching jacob's ladder and the chiropractor scenes in that poo poo were funny as hell

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Real Mean Queen posted:

I’m so goddamn tired of people defending their indefensible actions. Either say “gently caress you, I did that” or don’t do it in the first place. We don’t need this weird show where you recite what should have been doing and calling it ridiculous, we don’t need you reminding everyone that getting drunk makes you stupid, we don’t need you being drunk characterized as some kind of religious or cultural thing, all of it adds up to nothing. Own your actions or don’t do them, nobody made you gently caress up in public.

she was just feeling the music man take a chill pill

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I don't like spine chat stop reminding me I have a spine

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
That movie kicks rear end but it is weird that a chiropractor is so prominent. Danny Aiello rules so it works either way

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fits my needs posted:

i was watching jacob's ladder and the chiropractor scenes in that poo poo were funny as hell

I was watching Jacob's Ladder and got jealous that 5am was considered the middle of the night.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So how long will the FDA sit on J+J Walmart vaccine approval?

It's even worse for people who got the Walmart vaccine since all the recent studies found it had the lowest effectiveness against Delta vs mRNA competition.

Which also makes me wonder why it wasn't originally approved and designed as a two dose vaccine schedule.

etalian fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 21, 2021

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chad Sexington posted:

she was just feeling the music man take a chill pill

covid respects mealtime and feelin the spirit time

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

etalian posted:

So how long will the FDA sit on J+H Walmart vaccine approval?

It's even worse for people who got the Walmart vaccine since all the recent studies found it had the lowest effectiveness against Delta vs mRNA competition.

Which also makes me wonder why it wasn't originally approved and designed as a two dose vaccine schedule.

My Walmart had Moderna. What is the other vaxx?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

I was watching Jacob's Ladder and got jealous that 5am was considered the middle of the night.

time works different in purgatory, like the stripclub

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

My Walmart had Moderna. What is the other vaxx?

The J+J vaccine got roasted when releaesed since Walmart tended to be only the place the offered it.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Thoguh posted:

I'm sure that the people who disapprove because they feel he isn't doing enough will get equal coverage and airtime as the people who think the pittance he is doing is too much.

https://twitter.com/DMRegister/status/1440284954185781256?s=19

It’s not surprising, but it is remarkable how much voices like ours just aren’t represented in the national discourse. If I sit somebody down and very gently talk about Biden’s covid policy while reassuring them that trump was a very very bad president, I can usually get a liberal to admit that Biden’s been loving it up with a tenacity and single minded drive normally only found in people who succeed at things. It’s easy, all the facts support this position, it’s about as hard as saying a war in Iraq was a bad idea back when that was a conversation. Everyone agrees when their buddy says it, but the politically correct thing is to say that we gotta go along with a bad idea no matter what it costs, because otherwise you’re supporting the bad guys.

If you just say some poo poo about how Biden sucks at this without first putting on your pussy hat and your shirt that says covfefe on it, you’re told to accept that trump lost and that your vote for him wasn’t erased and that you should get vaccinated. There isn’t a slot in the American brain for someone who hates Biden for not doing enough, you either support him or you’re a trump guy. I understand that respirator crew is always going to be a marginalized and unpopular crew, but you’d think there would be any support at all for “pay me not to go to my lovely job” crew, or at least “let’s not intentionally sicken my children” crew.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1440297914379632642?s=20

my probably unvaccinated cop dad died of covid

quote:

On the morning of April 21, 2020, Alice Roberts said she and her three children were awakened by a loud thump. Her husband, Glen Ridge police officer Charles “Rob” Roberts, who had begun exhibiting symptoms earlier that month, had collapsed on the floor while on the phone with the local health department, Alice Roberts told The Post. Her husband had been tested for covid earlier, but she said the results were mislabeled. His heart stopped before the new results were available, his wife said.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cabbages and Kings posted:

gently caress
kid who has been back in (masked, outdoor) preschool for 2 weeks wakes up vomiting last night
this morning she has mild upper respiratory symptoms

just loving lol
it's my wife's birthday and instead of secretly picking up flowers etc as planned my guess is we're all headed for COVID tests, waiting to hear back from our dr's office

:smith:

I'm sorry. You have my sympathies.

Real Mean Queen posted:

I’m so goddamn tired of people defending their indefensible actions. Either say “gently caress you, I did that” or don’t do it in the first place. We don’t need this weird show where you recite what should have been doing and calling it ridiculous, we don’t need you reminding everyone that getting drunk makes you stupid, we don’t need you being drunk characterized as some kind of religious or cultural thing, all of it adds up to nothing. Own your actions or don’t do them, nobody made you gently caress up in public.

:same: just say you consider yourself exempt from your own rules, or don't set a rule that you can't follow yourself - don't go around trying to draw a technicality

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Real Mean Queen posted:

It’s not surprising, but it is remarkable how much voices like ours just aren’t represented in the national discourse. If I sit somebody down and very gently talk about Biden’s covid policy while reassuring them that trump was a very very bad president, I can usually get a liberal to admit that Biden’s been loving it up with a tenacity and single minded drive normally only found in people who succeed at things. It’s easy, all the facts support this position, it’s about as hard as saying a war in Iraq was a bad idea back when that was a conversation. Everyone agrees when their buddy says it, but the politically correct thing is to say that we gotta go along with a bad idea no matter what it costs, because otherwise you’re supporting the bad guys.

If you just say some poo poo about how Biden sucks at this without first putting on your pussy hat and your shirt that says covfefe on it, you’re told to accept that trump lost and that your vote for him wasn’t erased and that you should get vaccinated. There isn’t a slot in the American brain for someone who hates Biden for not doing enough, you either support him or you’re a trump guy. I understand that respirator crew is always going to be a marginalized and unpopular crew, but you’d think there would be any support at all for “pay me not to go to my lovely job” crew, or at least “let’s not intentionally sicken my children” crew.

For a long time my mom thought I voted for Trump because I hated Hilldawg.

I still don't think my dad believes me that I voted for Howie Hawkins this go round.

At least now they've sorta stopped talking about how Biden is going to be the best president ever, but I think that's more because it starts a tirade from me about just how bad he is.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
lol if Johnson and Johnson was a 2 shot from the start they could’ve had better efficacy than Pfizer and Moderna

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/health/florida-man-inspires-covid-vaccinations/index.html

He found a hospital that could do ECMO in Connecticut. Nice.

They turned around on vaccinations and convinced others to get vaccinated. Nice.

think of all the resources we wasted flying this dumbass 1200 miles to a hospital compared to him spending 10 minutes in a target to get a shot

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Steve Yun posted:

Sorry but there’s no official exhale filter for the 7 or 8 series and 3D printed Etsy stuff is always pricey

A good post for respirator crew:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LazarusLong13/status/1439816663721938949

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
guys I kept saying nice because I wanted to bring attention to the fact that they called around to 169 hospitals for that guy

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

We would get taco Tuesday’s once every three months without a cauti! You best bet I scrubbed that foley clean q8.

quote:

For a total severed cord no.

But Madison just has severe myelopathy, as evidenced by him able to kinda stand at the rnc. He was probably braced but if he had a total cut he wouldn’t have been able to do even that. With injuries like that it’s just different person to person.

But I can’t imagine being in that situation and not just getting a Supra pubic catheter. Self cathing is just a one way ticket to UTI city.

ah yes, forgot about q6-8 straight caths. I once had a chronic Foley patient who had it for 5+ years and his urethral meatus was like a dime sized coin slot

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lil poopendorfer posted:

urethral meatus

username ideas

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

thats pretty gross imo

libs are demented

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

etalian posted:

So how long will the FDA sit on J+J Walmart vaccine approval?

It kinda was designed as a two dose, but two things happened, and then a sort of third which hosed it up with the public.

The first was that traditional vaccines rather than MRNAs (AstraZeneca also had this) produced blood clotting issues in young women that were pretty bad in some cases and that seemed to be related to COVID just being that bad. The second was the lab that was manufacturing it for J&J hosed up massively and tainted a few million doses that had to be thrown out. The third was that since it was shipping stable without any refrigeration and only one dose it was heavily promoted that these factors along with the trust in the Johnson & Johnson brand name made it ideal for either poor rural types where transporting the mRNA options (which required cooling and all sorts of poo poo) wasn't an option, vaccine hesitant lower income African Americans, and shipping out to third world countries in Africa and Latina America.

There was a huge thing where pfizer was for the people that matter and the hip shot, Moderna was for most of us, and Johnson was for the dirty poors. And it just faded away. With the irony later being that Moderna and Johnson are looking better and better now. They just stopped caring about it and pushing it.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1440298132433104913?s=19

Open Biden

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

This winter is going to make last year look like a party lol

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Rah! posted:

I have empathy for minorities that are afraid the government wants to experiment on/kill/imprison/deport them, because poo poo like that has happened countless times in the past in this demon cracker nation. but its clear that the pandemic is real and vaccines loving work lol get the drat vaccine everyone :argh:

would be nice to have a non nazi capitalist hellscape nation so people wouldnt be all paranoid and dead and poo poo

:d2a:

I have a certain concern for the chuds, too. It’s not empathy, it’s just an awareness of the fact that many important jobs get done by dudes I hate. If 30-40% of the workforce are just going to be steadily be getting sick, that’s going to gently caress me over so many times in so many weird, unpredictable ways.

We’ve already seen a thousand articles about everything from trash collection to taco bell fire sauce production falling apart because of covid. CNN says Christmas decorations are in short supply this year, which is horrifying if you think about how much money Americans spend on Christmas poo poo that we throw away every year and line up to buy the next year. There are problems at the ports. You’ve probably noticed that shipping times in general are all out of whack. Prices keep going up while demand stays about where it already was. A lot of useful poo poo is on back order. A lot of useless poo poo is, too. On top of that, I don’t know what the vaccination rate is among people who provide my critical services. Is my water service capable of running while having everybody get sick at the same time? Is my electrical service the same? I like to hope it is, but I have no way of knowing that.

The sad fact is that we need asses in seats for an economy like this to work at all, and as more of those asses go into caskets, the economy starts to fail in pretty critical spots. We can’t just kill all the chuds and call it a day, some of those pieces of poo poo drive the food to where we get the food from, and some of them make the toilets work. I have no idea what to do about keeping them alive, but they loving absolutely need to be alive, because we don’t have a plan for what to do when they’re all dead.

Real Mean Queen fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 21, 2021

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We live in good times, sure this year is worse than last year but it's better than next year!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Can't wait for the perfect storm combining the yearly seasonal Flu spike along with the COV19 delta variant mixed in.

My co-workers are so dumb many of them don't even get the flu shot since they tell me "trust your immunity"

Well maybe it will mean I will have fewer co-workers by December with such beliefs (Ha Ha Yes!)

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Lastgirl posted:

thats pretty gross imo

libs are demented

I might be stupid or experiencing early covid symptoms but I spent 2 mins looking at this and

what the gently caress am I looking at. the "me" icon is not resonating

edit: is the implication that OP and HCW are happy when unvaxxed people die, is that the takeaway here?

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 21, 2021

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It does seem like we've been stuck in a holding pattern for a few weeks with poo poo being bad but not really getting better or worse and I'm kind of surprised that seems to be the case. I know some of it is lovely reporting and the national numbers reflecting the overall counts of lots of localized peaks and valleys. But still, we are somehow in a plateau during the month of September.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Solarin posted:

I don't like spine chat stop reminding me I have a spine

Third place for bones I don’t like thinking about having, after teeth and knees

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MysteriousStranger posted:

It kinda was designed as a two dose, but two things happened, and then a sort of third which hosed it up with the public.

The first was that traditional vaccines rather than MRNAs (AstraZeneca also had this) produced blood clotting issues in young women that were pretty bad in some cases and that seemed to be related to COVID just being that bad. The second was the lab that was manufacturing it for J&J hosed up massively and tainted a few million doses that had to be thrown out. The third was that since it was shipping stable without any refrigeration and only one dose it was heavily promoted that these factors along with the trust in the Johnson & Johnson brand name made it ideal for either poor rural types where transporting the mRNA options (which required cooling and all sorts of poo poo) wasn't an option, vaccine hesitant lower income African Americans, and shipping out to third world countries in Africa and Latina America.

There was a huge thing where pfizer was for the people that matter and the hip shot, Moderna was for most of us, and Johnson was for the dirty poors. And it just faded away. With the irony later being that Moderna and Johnson are looking better and better now. They just stopped caring about it and pushing it.

Well at the very least I'm sure it would mean J+J would be the last to be approved for limited booster shots (65+ !).

Luckily there's the gamefaqs speed run to cover the situation plus all the data showing "mix + match" to add in a mRNA dose is not risky either from a health point of view and produces similar side effects to a standard schedule. Some data found it was better in terms of cranking up the antibody production.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"And how we burned in the quarantine camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every CDC operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Orlando, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, alligators, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Biden's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward." - Joe Rogan

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Thoguh posted:

But still, we are somehow in a plateau during the month of September.
a plateau where like 15,000 people a week are dying

what heights we've reached

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I routinely drive past contractor type businesses and they always have trump signs up and I just do not think we'd be worse off if these antiunion small business owner shitheads died.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

a++ good thread would respirator again

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

I routinely drive past contractor type businesses and they always have trump signs up and I just do not think we'd be worse off if these antiunion small business owner shitheads died.

I drove by a place on friday with a sign that said "we 'need' the Don' lol

They want a king to make them permanent minor nobility because they've been so good at running the Kubota dealership their dad left them.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
there is a tree cutting service that has had their trump 2020 billboard up over the truckyard since the election (complete with picture of him hugging the flag). A crane company just put up some weird rear end sign about bidens banana republic of america and I do not think they know what a banana republic is at all.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I might be stupid or experiencing early covid symptoms but I spent 2 mins looking at this and

what the gently caress am I looking at. the "me" icon is not resonating

edit: is the implication that OP and HCW are happy when unvaxxed people die, is that the takeaway here?

translating from left to right:

Step 1: the bald Trump supporter with the wrap-around shades posts on Facebook, grills, doesn't wear a mask, isn't vaccinated

Step 2: the bald Trump supporter with the wrap-around shades breaks into a fever, still posts on Facebook, now has COVID, ingests "horse paste"

Step 3: the bald Trump supporter is now on a ventilator, is still posting on Facebook, still has COVID, is begging for prayers, and badly needs oxygen

Step 4: the bald Trump supporter is now dead, gets posted on HCA (Herman Cain Award), and that news brightens up my day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
let’s go shopping for nebulizers on Amazon!

frequently bought together:

:raise:

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 21, 2021