Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

drat can't wait to see Teenage Wrist on Sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iGbxUAM0cc

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQiHzcdUPAU

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Lenin Stimpy posted:

good. let the WA health care workers get a fuckin break

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Coldrice posted:

hey no problem!

-----------------------------

Is covid just the flu, bro? Are you ready to Open Biden? Visualize the spread of covid in YOUR workplace with a goon made COVID SIMULATOR

You can setup a custom game, and watch in horror as your little characters eat horse paste, spread covid, and die.

You can also manually assign things like covid, vaccinations, alternative medicine, masks, etc..

the aim of the Covid Simulator is to take the stats presented by the CDC on their web page, and visualize them in a more relatable way. The game accounts for age, health, ethnicity, gender, and even how much sick time you have. Variables are entirely editable.

Oh did I mention its free? Pay what you want (or nothing) at https://coldrice.itch.io/covid-simulator

put this in the OP too

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Paradoxish posted:

We're just rolling through an entire bad flu season every single month and it's like nothing is even happening.

lol

lmao

actually the worst is over and we are past the peak and cases will steadily decline from here, so we don't need to take any actions or precautions and everyone can completely pretend covid doesn't exist at all anymore forever. I saw it on the news! Everything's great

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's behavior, there is nothing inherent to covid that would make it naturally ebb and surge.

It's just people getting worried and staying home, and coming out again two months later because covid is over (again).

Anecdotally I don't know about staying home, but I definitely notice masking being taken more seriously when number go up and get way more lax after a bit when number go down

kater
Nov 16, 2010

drinking water all these years is probably what made me sick.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Vishass posted:

Anecdotally I don't know about staying home, but I definitely notice masking being taken more seriously when number go up and get way more lax after a bit when number go down

sure woulda been great if our government didn't say COVID OVER! (if you're vaccinated)

NO NEED TO MASK! (as long as you say you're vaccinated, we trust you)

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Did we climax, err... Peak yet?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao wow such strong words

imagine a balkanization situation, with people like Inslee in charge

the chud raiders show up and start murdering and pillaging, and he's like "wow this isn't very nice, sirs and madam's"

lol wait we dont need a balkanization situation, that poo poo is already happening :911:

*coughs on everyone at arbys, rolls coal through a protester*

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Stereotype posted:

imagine if all these shameless but dedicated insane people shrieking about some fake bullshit they leeched onto after watching a C list celebrity facetiously somewhat relate to them indirectly instead were using their energy and talent of bullying people into doing what they want for good things, like labor activism or social programs.

oops looks like that person committed suicide by multiple gunshots to the head in a burning car

so sad im sure the FBI will investigate

:911:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
the cowardly FDA needs to hurry the gently caress up

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

im so tired of this dumb loving country lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Kim Bong Chill posted:

Inslee said. “So we are calling for Idaho and the leaders there to lead and take some commonsense measures.”

You wanna read the article next time before you just see a D next to a name and poo poo out a post?

lmao

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ram dass in hell posted:

shut the gently caress up

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

omfg imagine cleaning up the freaking stadium after thousands of dogs were there

jesus christ

the minimum wage peons knew what they signed up for (degradation and death :abuela:)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mod sassinator posted:

omfg imagine cleaning up the freaking stadium after thousands of dogs were there

jesus christ

:lol:

This is why dog owners are a scourge.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3979298&pagenumber=24&perpage=40#post517906781

imagine deliberately posting in d&d's covid thread when this one exists

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

how many of those dogs wiggled out of their owners hands and plummeted to their death?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bar Ran Dun posted:

this is ground work to cut Idaho from off transfers to WA hospitals.

*imminent danger to everyone, no time to spare*

let's do some ground work first. let's take our time with this.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNi__fnadTM

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Rah! posted:

*imminent danger to everyone, no time to spare*

let's do some ground work first. let's take our time with this.

yeah every step he’s been atleast 1-2 months late

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Plank Walker posted:

how many of those dogs wiggled out of their owners hands and plummeted to their death?

not enough

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

First as a comedy, then as the type of surrealist comedy that makes you wonder if you are in a simulation thats breaking apart

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Oh wait, it was her father. I misheard.

she probably shouldn't have named her dog the same name as her father

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

etalian posted:

My workplace hasn't said anything beside that they are "looking into it".

It's a division with most jobs in the sunbelt so they probably fear a Chud engineer mass uprising.

fortunately basically everyone I work with is some kind of left leaning person and I bet we're already at 95% vaxx and I'd be surprised if we have a single person quit over a mandate. The one unvaxxed dude I know here explicitly told me he'd do it if work asked him to, so....

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol:

This is why dog owners are a scourge.

Most dog owners get meltdowns when you call them out of this as well.

Even worse if you live in a apartment due to the various accidents all over creation.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

ram dass in hell posted:

make sure you keep those scary "unnatural" "molecules" out of your body schnorkles, like cranberry sauce

agreed, cranberry sauce is evil

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

etalian posted:

Even worse if you live in a apartment due to the various accidents all over creation.

A few years back I saw some guy walking his dog trailed by his two kids and he let his dog poo poo and walked away.

I started following him and yelling "HEY, ARE YOU GONNA CLEAN UP THAT poo poo YOUR DOG LEFT?" and he ran away and ducked down an alley lol

I wouldn't do it today because I'd probably get shot

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Elea posted:

Is it generally understood by the experts why Covid waves come and go? I'm assuming there's a lot more people it can burn through right now and people arent changing their behavior, but why does it seem likely it's going to go down and then back up again?

The US isn't a big grid of equally spaced individuals with identical movement and behavior patterns, and these waves are still a bunch of individual, concurrent outbreaks rather than single events. The waves will inevitably peak, either because it rips through all the easy targets in a geographic area or because people alter their behavior or any number of other factors. The "plateaus" just provide a base level of community spread that let it take off again as soon as there's a big event or some other way for poo poo to really kick off. That's why constantly lifting our interventions too early pretty much entirely invalidates ever having had them at all.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

pretty obvious the city state is Akron Ohio lmao

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

etalian posted:

"oh, no, my pitbull is very friendly and sweet, he just gets excited sometimes!"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Kirk Douglas, noooooo!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Paradoxish posted:

The US isn't a big grid of equally spaced individuals with identical movement and behavior patterns, and these waves are still a bunch of individual, concurrent outbreaks rather than single events. The waves will inevitably peak, either because it rips through all the easy targets in a geographic area or because people alter their behavior or any number of other factors. The "plateaus" just provide a base level of community spread that let it take off again as soon as there's a big event or some other way for poo poo to really kick off. That's why constantly lifting our interventions too early pretty much entirely invalidates ever having had them at all.

the fact that we do not have a unified pandemic response, but rather several thousand depending on the locality and the available political resources to that locality means that it is probably impossible to actually get COVID "under control"

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

He's right, breakfast is mostly unnecessary.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

"under control" is its ripped through the population enough to have a reasonable amount of month to month immunity until the next endemic strain thunderdomes its way through

much like influenza honestly

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

"During the sixth inning, one particularly enthusiastic dog stripped naked and ran onto the field..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Headlines like that are journalism malpractice because they convince people who aren't obsessive doomers like us that everything is fine and they can absolutely do a big thanksgiving gathering because covid is over.

We are sooo hosed

how is it malpractice if that is the point of the article