Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Homocow posted:

this is going to be like the first time around when they decided to get rid of the restriction because people figured out you can just lie

Let's see what the CDC says tomorrow and then what actual guidance comes out because there is still an opportunity for this to be extremely stupid.

Plus Moderna and J&J people are still in the lurch as far as getting a legitimate shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Alright, it's been three weeks and this is concerning. Seattle's overall trend is down. Seattle Schools overall trend is up. That's bad. That implies, not too surprisingly, that the transmission rate in schools is well in excess of the community background rate and the school-aged children outbreak is going to keep accelerating there even if it's level or slowly fading in the rest of the population. If the outbreak in the rest of the population starts going back up, cases in kids will get slingshot into space.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

calling it a breakthrough is admitting the vaccines aren't perfect

this is bad because doctors and nurses talking about "breakthrough infections" are definitely what's causing antivaxxers to be reluctant about the vaccines, and not tucker carlson and glenn beck telling them the vaccine has a microchip that will turn them gay

They need to label it as "Post-2 dose series breakthrough" "Post-3rd dose breakthrough", etc. because otherwise there's going to be no way to differentiate between people who get infected after the initial 2-dose series and those who get infected after the booster(s)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

endemic covid means we start treating it like just the flu

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I've been wondering if they are holding off on boosters because they know that some fraction of a percentage of people are going to have more severe reactions and the headlines will be "50,000 CASES OF HEART SWELLING AND ANAPHYLAXIS" and knowing our chud media that will be enough to turn many away from the vaccines for good. Maybe they think they only have one bullet left and are saving it for a variant targeted booster or until the existing two shots are basically worthless?

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Captain Magic posted:

Monica Gandhi gives me a stress response like I had when I was in an abusive relationship and anyway, what I’m saying is that monsters are bad and should die or at least stfu

seeing her smiling twitter photo is starting to make me scream on the inside

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
So is claiming to be a grocery store worker the new easiest way to get a booster?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

mod sassinator posted:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1440830250577850370

i bet the new thing will be hospitals and healthcare providers having friends/family/well connected folks come in to volunteer for 4 hours of office work (not even in the main hospital building) to double check paperwork, billing, etc. so they can qualify as "high risk essential worker" to get the booster

this already happened in 2020. my friends all volunteered at Covid clinics doing paperwork and got shots early as a result.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

what exactly occupations qualify for the booster shots? I see grocery and teaching listed but also "etc" and no obvious follow-up on where to look. going to lol if food service isn't included

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeHm-tp_E0c

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Rauros posted:

seeing her smiling twitter photo is starting to make me scream on the inside

it should be forbidden to post her

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

SKULL.GIF posted:

what exactly occupations qualify for the booster shots? I see grocery and teaching listed but also "etc" and no obvious follow-up on where to look. going to lol if food service isn't included

My prediction is that it's either not going to be very well defined, or that it'll be defined so broadly that it'll cover practically everybody.

I really get the feeling that Biden is leaning hard on people because they made him look weak by not having them ready to go for everybody by his September 20 date.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

https://twitter.com/CityNewsYEG/status/1440834817159884807

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kreeblah posted:

My prediction is that it's either not going to be very well defined, or that it'll be defined so broadly that it'll cover practically everybody.

I really get the feeling that Biden is leaning hard on people because they made him look weak by not having them ready to go for everybody by his September 20 date.

I'm just gonna say I work in a grocery, not like they'll ask to see a paystub. I bring food to people, you know. have to work all weekend but I have a 3 day window next week, will try to arrange to get it on the first of the 3 days

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1440798816949587972

https://twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1440384810602557454

He's trying to replace Fauci, isn't he

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I’m just going to give my real name and get my first shot (of Moderna) because there’s no central database anyway. At this point I’m just waiting to sync my booster up with my kid’s actual first shot so maybe we can both have a better chance of not rolling a crit failure and getting death or organ damage.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

"More and more scientists are saying..."

loving lmao you mean "more and more newspapers are printing the same 5 scientists"

Loucks
May 21, 2007

“We need to learn to live with Covid” is just admitting the government is broken and can’t do anything. Cool country we have here (New Zealand no longer excepted apparently).

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Google Butt posted:

Time to dust off the old Instacart card

It's kind of funny that didn't become a nationwide *how to get vaxxed on Feb 1 in 40 states" meme. I wonder if they have internal data showing a shitload of people signing up for it then never working for them around that time

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Loucks posted:

I’m just going to give my real name and get my first shot (of Moderna) because there’s no central database anyway. At this point I’m just waiting to sync my booster up with my kid’s actual first shot so maybe we can both have a better chance of not rolling a crit failure and getting death or organ damage.

what state do you live in? ive brought it up multiple times but a lot of states have vaccine databases

not that it matters either way lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If the New York Times writes 5 editorials about GOING ENDEMIC and they each cite Monica 3 times each that's 15 scientists that are in favor of it.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if all the Great Barrington Ghouls don't have blue checks so they can claim their accounts were forged once they're inevitably indicted for crimes against humanity

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

"More and more scientists are saying..."

loving lmao you mean "more and more newspapers are printing the same 5 scientists"

it's something trump would say all the time lmao

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

The Oldest Man posted:

Alright, it's been three weeks and this is concerning. Seattle's overall trend is down. Seattle Schools overall trend is up. That's bad. That implies, not too surprisingly, that the transmission rate in schools is well in excess of the community background rate and the school-aged children outbreak is going to keep accelerating there even if it's level or slowly fading in the rest of the population. If the outbreak in the rest of the population starts going back up, cases in kids will get slingshot into space.

they’re still at parity with community rate wise out here...

but they haven’t updated the school dashboard since the 17th. so don’t get to see the real trend until the next update.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

McNugget Buddy posted:

He's trying to replace Fauci, isn't he

You're an idiot if you wouldn't take his job, most secure job in the country.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
living with covid means sporatic shutdowns, pretty much constant mask usage, and mandatory vaccinations. just pretending it doesn't exist isn't living with it, it is allowing it to be a perpetual crisis in which millions die and society is pushed to collapse.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

boosted Sunday in my left arm, getting a flu shot tomorrow, better to use right arm there? My left is still a bit sore

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Gio posted:

what state do you live in? ive brought it up multiple times but a lot of states have vaccine databases

not that it matters either way lol

Indiana. We love freedom too much to track that poo poo.

It’s possible I’m wrong in which case I’ll walk next door to a different place and make up a name because I don’t give a single gently caress anymore and will tell any lie to anyone if it makes my kid less likely to get infected and/or lose a parent.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Martin is a coward for not embracing multiple COVID infections being good thing. My man was on the front lines of the herd immunity movement, now he's stuck in the past. Next week Monica is going to start talking about post-vaccination COVID parties instead of boosters, and Martin will have nothing to match that.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

hey thanks to everyone who helped me test twitch integration! Looks like all the bugs with it are ironed out and its good to go!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

McNugget Buddy posted:

I wonder if all the Great Barrington Ghouls don't have blue checks so they can claim their accounts were forged once they're inevitably indicted for crimes against humanity

the funniest thing is they won. Walensky was one of their opponents initially, and now she is going to go on TV this week to advocate a booster strategy that, on paper, looks like the Barrington strategy. Boosters and NPIs for the most vulnerable, but a return to normal for everyone else.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Stereotype posted:

living with covid means sporatic shutdowns, pretty much constant mask usage, and mandatory vaccinations. just pretending it doesn't exist isn't living with it, it is allowing it to be a perpetual crisis in which millions die and society is pushed to collapse.

I think when they say "living with COVID" what they mean is, "Welp, we're out of ideas." There's always more they could do but they've reached the end of what they're willing to do.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/isaiah_bb/status/1440835525586292745?s=21

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

My preschool teacher wife will be testing CVS readiness tomorrow. She’s >6 months from her 2nd Pfizer and there’s no way I could convince her to lie.

she’s a bit concerned because the scheduling site still only has “immunocompromised” eligible for “extra dose”.

I told her not to worry, since the facts are on her side.

It’ll be a huge relief once that’s done. Kids and parents are popping hot all over the place.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

i dont know i feel we should listen to her. i'd be willing to sit down with her and listen to her after her husband dies of covid. maybe even help her raise that child. just something about her. big heart

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lmao Shannon Woodward has been triple vaxxed for 6 months

https://twitter.com/shannonwoodward/status/1440859813798244363?s=19

o7

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate