Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Helith posted:

so, lockdowns didn't lead to an increase of suicides in Australia, instead we drank ourselves to death lmao

https://twitter.com/1petermartin/status/1443031145671630855

dan murphy's opening hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Spoondick posted:

yeah, this pretty much ended compounding in retail pharmacies... we used to compound simple stuff like tamiflu suspensions and magic mouthwash (viscous lidocaine, benadryl and maalox) but after that pharmacy hosed over lots of people the retail pharmacies decided they didn't want the liability... the california state board also shut down a ton of compounding pharmacies run by sketchy or lazy pharmacists

unfortunately we still do lots of magic mouthwash - half the frustration is how tedious documenting everything is for each prescriptions. necessary but still a pain in the rear end.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
What's the mouthwash treat?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

"Individualitis" seems about right.

cmerepaul
Nov 28, 2005
That's not chapstick!

Lacrosse posted:

ngl these 'had a minor oopsie and almost/did die because there was no care' is having me really reconsider my ~4 hour drive out to go camping. But, I can't keep shutting myself in while the world passes me by and the future is no guarantee; I could be dead this time next year so I should stop being a hermit and just go do what I need to in order to be happy.

I'm going to Yosemite this weekend. Is there a vaccine to protect me from Bubonic Plague?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lmao I have run out of all options to get vaccine proof in Australia. No one can help me. Lockdown will never end, and I can't get on a plane to leave either.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Stereotype posted:

letting everyone die is triage

Alberta is currently not giving ventilators to anyone over 60 and not giving surgery to anyone with cancer. Our government says there's no need to increase public health measures because they'll expand ICU capacity. Also they're expanding the law that makes it illegal to protest on public property

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Spoondick posted:

yeah, this pretty much ended compounding in retail pharmacies... we used to compound simple stuff like tamiflu suspensions and magic mouthwash (viscous lidocaine, benadryl and maalox) but after that pharmacy hosed over lots of people the retail pharmacies decided they didn't want the liability... the california state board also shut down a ton of compounding pharmacies run by sketchy or lazy pharmacists

lol business owners are still whining about it to this day. A lib friend shared an article from the Atlantic they skimmed and thought I'd like because it identified a bunch of problems in CA I've organized around, but it was all garbage takes by the people causing the problems. They even made room for a compounder who has been threatening to leave the state for over a decade but never quite does.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Chamale posted:

Alberta is currently not giving ventilators to anyone over 60 and not giving surgery to anyone with cancer. Our government says there's no need to increase public health measures because they'll expand ICU capacity. Also they're expanding the law that makes it illegal to protest on public property

You don't have like a national guard or coast guard or someone that can do the surgeries?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

mastershakeman posted:

How the hell.have we had 300k die under Biden (if you're charitable, I'm not and blame him for all deaths from Thanksgiving on)

I had no idea we were at 711k dead and that's probably missing a bunch that'll fill in. 430k on 1/21, 287k beginning of Decembe

This is rhetorical of course

We need to measure everything from now in increments of 7-11.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Stereotype posted:

best visual representation of this effect i've seen so far.

*squints at graph*

Ok, but I'm confident the September 27 graph is accurate and we are definitely on the downswing now. No question about it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ice Phisherman posted:

oh thank heaven

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

speaking off
i finally tried out those purple filters with my secure click
man it's so light and comfy
however it then started to rain so i went back to the huge gently caress-you-gently caress-off carts
my neck/face/everything got used to hauling all that weight so all is well

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

mastershakeman posted:

How the hell.have we had 300k die under Biden (if you're charitable, I'm not and blame him for all deaths from Thanksgiving on)

I had no idea we were at 711k dead and that's probably missing a bunch that'll fill in. 430k on 1/21, 287k beginning of Decembe

lmao yep that fact will break a lib brain in an instant. we are on track to lose more people under biden's first year of office than trump's last year.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

lmao yep that fact will break a lib brain in an instant. we are on track to lose more people under biden's first year of office than trump's last year.

looking forward to the fact checks that are published come January 2022.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lacrosse posted:

:(
https://twitter.com/summerbrennan/status/1442806675325476867?s=20
Really not kidding about that whole 'don't break your leg' thing
jesus loving christ

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
how the gently caress are we still at over 2k and it isnt even winter

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Thoguh posted:

I remember early on in the pandemic, like even before the NBA shutdown, somebody from WHO gave an interview about how responding to COVID requires us to make it seem like we are over-reacting and that if we do it right it'll seem like all the work was for nothing because COVID would just go away and every once in a while I remember that interview and lol. Just lmfao.

I vaguely remember some right wing rear end in a top hat saying something like "We all panicked about SARS/ebola and scrambled to take action and then nothing happened, it was all a waste of effort!!!"

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So apparently the pulse oximeter I bought at Walgreens for like 10 bucks and have been using since this all began either always was, or recently has become, completely unreliable since the readings I got for it for at least heartrate were basically substantially off. Used a recent trip to a doctor to compare.

What are some goon-approved models?

Also; I love this thread and use it for info regularly and credit it with saving if not my life, at least a good chunk of my sanity and my money. Is there a plague crew discord someone could pm me? I worry that we might get closed down because of recent events.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Also; I love this thread and use it for info regularly and credit it with saving if not my life, at least a good chunk of my sanity and my money. Is there a plague crew discord someone could pm me? I worry that we might get closed down because of recent events.

What recent events?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Fenarisk posted:

"Am I the idiot? Am I the rear end in a top hat?" I wonder as my feed and socials are full of friends and family at restaurants, bars, music venues and parties all maskless as they have been for the past 3 months.

Between that and a 4 week old I'm real sleep deprived and depressed and generally hate life :smith:

Thoguh posted:

Naw as someone with a seven week old it's really hosed up and even people that say they're gonna like stand outside masked are 100% going to try and hold your baby.

One of her grandma's (my wife's mom) is here right now and had agreed to quarantine at her own mother's place for two weeks after her flight and take a couple of COVID tests during that time and she did but then when she's here's she keeps offhand mentioning all the shopping they did or poo poo like "We went to Arby's and I can't believe how many people were bringing their little kids there, no way they were vaccinated" and I'm sorry excuse me you were eating inside at an Arby's last week while telling me that you were quarantining?

But she mainlines CNN so she completely earnestly thinks she's doing everything she's supposed to and did nothing wrong. Between my parent's and my wife's parents we have three flavors of Boomer democrats. Her mom watches CNN like 10 hours a day. My parents listen to NPR 24/7, and her dad and stepmom religiously watch the morning network shows and the evening local news. And they all got their vaccines and mask up when they are here because we ask them to (the grandparents are the only people we allow over) but are shopping to their heart's content and eating indoors at bars and restaurants because that's what the news is telling them they're supposed to be doing.
loving hell having to deal with a baby
i'm so glad i have a toddler now

then again, my toddler (daycare) and 1st grader (in-person school) have now been getting routine covid tests on a weekly basis because something keeps going around causing the sniffles sneezes etc
my toddler has been the one getting hit with most of it all
they continue to test negative from home tests and outdoor RT-qPCR test sites but loving hell it's only a matter of time i'm sure

anyways time to check out my friends pub crawl story on Instagram
oh ya lol the childless HR has scheduled another round of all-hands meetings with food available, lmao

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Mr. BT posted:

What recent events?

I don't know but based on QCS it looks like some proud boys beat the poo poo out of a cool zone poster who was carrying and he blasted them and then got permabanned and also arrested for it.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Salt Fish posted:

I don't know but based on QCS it looks like some proud boys beat the poo poo out of a cool zone poster who was carrying and he blasted them and then got permabanned and also arrested for it.

Was it actually self-defense? If so seems like it was kind of bullshit to get perma'd?
But yeah, all the facts I know are Doorknob Slobber shot the toe off some fascist and apparently Andy Ngo is somehow involved.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/HeraldTribune/status/1442588676358299648

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Ice Phisherman posted:

how many big gulps of virus

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://www.walgreens.com/topic/pharmacy/scheduler/rabies-vaccine.jsp
quote:
The rabies vaccine is available at Walgreens Pharmacy. Ages vary by state.*
quote:
For people traveling to rabies-prevalent areas, the three-dose vaccine series must be completed before travel.

lol

y'all thinking what I'm thinking
lmao just got my flu shot yesterday
what's another 3 shots eh??

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here in Melbourne Australia we have a massively important cultural tradition of holding the Australian Rules Football finals at the MCG stadium every September. We have a public holiday for it every year and a parade down main street and songs commemorating it and special collectors editions of the newspapers and all the usual bullshit associated with the final of the most popular local sport blah blah blah. Of course this year Melbourne is completely hosed up with covid but the state of Western Australia has been covid free for months and months so they decided to hold the grand final there so they could at least have a live crowd in attendance. Interstate travel from Melbourne to Perth is currently banned unless you have a valid essential reason for traveling and you applied for an official permit and you go into quarantine on arrival, and going to the grand final is not considered a good enough reason for a travel permit. You can guess where this is heading .......

quote:

Two to face court in WA over alleged border breach to attend Grand Final

A Melbourne bar owner and his friend will face court tomorrow in Western Australia amid a police investigation about whether they allegedly illegally entered the isolated state and attended the AFL grand final.
Hayden Burbank, 49, who owns Chapel Street cocktail bar and restaurant Morris Jones, and Mark Babbage, 39, were arrested just after 10.30am today after WA police desperately called for help to hunt them down.
WA police called for public help to find the pair on Tuesday morning, releasing photos and descriptions of the men, saying anyone who sighted them was urged to call police immediately.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/c...7b-b48515ae0dd5

The stupid assholes not only snuck into the state to go to the grand final (lying to police about where they'd come from) but got into the winners change room after the game and were photographed with the players as they celebrated. Once news got out the cops organised a dragnet to hunt them down

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TizzyEnt/status/1442938269402996737

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Was it actually self-defense? If so seems like it was kind of bullshit to get perma'd?
But yeah, all the facts I know are Doorknob Slobber shot the toe off some fascist and apparently Andy Ngo is somehow involved.

Andy Ngo namedropped SA in his article and quoted some Cool Zone posts so everyone's freaking out about it, if that hadn't happened the situation would be different

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Tzen posted:

speaking off
i finally tried out those purple filters with my secure click
man it's so light and comfy
however it then started to rain so i went back to the huge gently caress-you-gently caress-off carts
my neck/face/everything got used to hauling all that weight so all is well

The secure click P100s are water resistant. No need to worry about it unless maybe you're in a hurricane or something. :)

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Stereotype posted:

best visual representation of this effect i've seen so far.

Link to the original thing this is from

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

Ice Phisherman posted:

lol i wonder what the next big number will cause Biden to do another candle light memorial service
1 mil?
or are they just going to keep adding white flags around the washington monument

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mr. BT posted:

What recent events?

check QCS, haters trying to close down cspam again

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
the 2 posters

https://twitter.com/rebweis/status/1442880081005879311?s=19

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

American 7-11 or Japanese 7-11? I’ve got to get my conversions right.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lmao that's so loving high

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Tzen posted:

lol i wonder what the next big number will cause Biden to do another candle light memorial service
1 mil?
or are they just going to keep adding white flags around the washington monument

You take all the white flags down because you're in new game plus now

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I grew up in the Sarasota county school district and have in-laws who worked in the district. lol it’s amazing watching how the crazy has taken over. this and before that loving Michael Flynn in Venice agitating about that goddamn religious exemption chiropractor.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

how effective would ICU expansion be for dealing with overcapacity? it sounds like worker turnover is potentially a factor since there aren’t enough ICU nurses manning the units. is the issue major enough right now that we have empty ICUs altogether or are they just running at suboptimal levels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Lmao spotted in the window of a house on my suburban street, drawn by one of the kids who lives there: