Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

cagliostr0 posted:

I think the biggest thing that hurt private party was their brand was the most insane flyers in the company, jump higher, flip more etc. Then top flight got signed.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Also, once all four of those guys have some more polish a match between them would be insane. I think Private Party has grown from just being the crazy high flyer guys with their HFO association and heel turn. They've got much more dimension to them than they had when AEW first started.
with top flight around, i feel like private party are now being groomed to be the next-gen equivalent of the young bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think Private Party would make great special Dynamite challengers for the Lucha Bros. It would be a great chance for them to shine

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Rarity posted:

I think Private Party would make great special Dynamite challengers for the Lucha Bros. It would be a great chance for them to shine

Oooh yeah that would be good.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Only if Quen breaks out the coattails gear

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

I would have thought that before the 8 man on Rampage, now I think the Dynamite challengers might end up as Dante Martin and Matt Sydal. Possible for down the line but I guess that depends how soon PNP decide to challenge.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

This is impressive, the guy contradicts his first sentence with his third.

https://twitter.com/KingJophiJoseph/status/1443258191471599616?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/gailmariehs/status/1443219601396015107

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Well I never

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Heel says something bad about local venue: news at 11

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

How dare AEW have their wrestlers do things to generate interest in upcoming shows :mad:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I love that some of the idiots started signing their tweets with "do better" trying to make it sound like they're right and the other person is a monster regardless of how stupid their stance

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This really is the conversation we're having now.

https://twitter.com/SuckaFreeTee/status/1443321219093311490

https://twitter.com/SuckaFreeTee/status/1443332020554375170

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

s/o to these three guys that haven't been in the company for near a decade

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Sydney Bottocks posted:

How dare AEW have their wrestlers do things to generate interest in upcoming shows :mad:

Next thing you know he'll be doing some real rear end in a top hat poo poo like praising the city's sports rivals

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

Next thing you know he'll be doing some real rear end in a top hat poo poo like praising the city's sports rivals

"The gall of these people! Don't they know the Leafs inability to get past the first round is a deep cultural wound? The depths of insensitivity this company goes to just to get eyes from folks is despicable!"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Real question because I've seen it mentioned in passing twice now - are there idiot AEW fans tweeting out there? I never see them posted in here. Like are there dumb pro AEW tweets with the same energy as the pro WWE tweets

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
no they just post in this subforum instead

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

flatluigi posted:

*golf swing and snare drum*

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

shout out to bob sapp

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

flatluigi posted:

heyoooooo

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Shot

https://twitter.com/GlobalFightRev/status/1443351235835449347?s=19

Chaser

https://twitter.com/GlobalFightRev/status/1443193859857698816?s=19

Shard posted:

Real question because I've seen it mentioned in passing twice now - are there idiot AEW fans tweeting out there? I never see them posted in here. Like are there dumb pro AEW tweets with the same energy as the pro WWE tweets

No they do exist but the thing is their takes tend to be when they go deep deep down the rabbit hole and say things like Scorpio Sky is in a better spot than Roman Reigns.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
And again, I'm picturing that person doing a DX crotch chop after hitting the post button on every tweet they make

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

And again, I'm picturing that person doing a DX crotch chop after hitting the post button on every tweet they make

God it's like we knew the same drat person

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Shard posted:

there are plenty. the number of well-adjusted and normal people with reasonable views and opinions posting about wrestling on twitter is very low. there are racist AEW fans who argue with liberal WWE fans and racist WWE fans who argue with liberal AEW fans about the same poo poo with which side the companies fall on in their heads being reversed.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
But yes the narrative of AEW on twitter us that AEW us racist and non-inclusice. Its taken hold and now its hit the point where people saying its a quote "SJW" movement against AEW by the more dumb AEW fans. There is a lot of this.

https://twitter.com/skinnymysterio/status/1443351703647047683?s=19

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Every time I start to wonder if this forum is a dangerous echo chamber I see poo poo like this and realize "No, I actually learn things here."

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

a fun game to play is clicking on these takes and seeing if you already have them blocked or muted on your twitter account

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Some of the saner ones who rather than just saying AEW is Racist or out of hand just rejecting examples do make a cogent point on representation - AEW has found main event slots and appearances for people like Yuta wheeler, Fuego del Sol and Daniel Garcia on the main shows without needing to ride a wave of Dark matches. The same can be done for Sonny Kiss, Ricky Starks and Lee Moriarty. The issue is when the accounts are just on "where the POC main eventers?" And when asked who that would be just start shouting that AEW is not an inclusive alternative to WWE and that you need to be buying New Day merch.

Edit: the other is the availability of ready made black talent who is not sigmed to WWE which is currently a very short list. AEW grabbed Lee Moriarty which was very good but beyond him its Willie Mack and Jay Lethal.

Lid fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 30, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

If Willie Mack got a Eddie Kingston run in AEW it would make my heart sing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
suddenly remembering that back in spring they signed lio rush, gave him a big showing, and then he immediately announced his retirement

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

I hope Tony doesn't sleep on Darius Lockhart. His Dark match made me a big fan.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

flatluigi posted:

suddenly remembering that back in spring they signed lio rush, gave him a big showing, and then he immediately announced his retirement

and absolutely nothing important happened except those 3 things

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Another potential one is Jonathan Gresham who could be in Garcia's spot right now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

Another potential one is Jonathan Gresham who could be in Garcia's spot right now.

Don't think he wants to leave ROH.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
WWE booking minorities is not always racist but it's absolutely ignorant.

Apollo Crews' parents might be from Nigeria but why is he a total caricature with a one-note stereotype as his muscle
Xia Li has a neat Mortal Kombat faction but they're also just video game villains with no personalities
Odd couple pairing with Zoey Starks and Io Shirai, who was apparently raised in the most remote part of the world where she thinks Japanese people all know each other because they share a language and has never heard of Sushi before
Speaking of, Io Shirai her old tag team partner Kairi Sane who got stuck in two different tag teams with Asuka & Io Shirai because they didn't know how to book a babyface who couldn't speak English

Those are just some recent examples but if they've got enough people, minorities almost always feud with other minorities. Latinos vs Latinos for example. Big E is the RAW Champion and in the last two years I only remember Roman Reigns as his only non-black wrestler feud

There's not as many black people at the top of AEW but at least the company doesn't start taking victory laps in PR because they had their first ever women's main event, or had a black champion, or have someone who's openly gay. In AEW they're all just wrestlers, their race, sexuality, etc doesn't make a big difference because it's never been an important part of someone's character.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Oh and before I forget Righteous Reg does a list of the 250/500 best black wrestlers and there's a lot of great wrestlers on this list outside of the couple on the indies you hear about

https://twitter.com/RighteousReg/status/1432781499498221569?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I don't like that list because theres no universe where Hobbs is above Big E.

Trish Adora signed with RoH today so rip.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

I don't like that list because theres no universe where Hobbs is above Big E.

Trish Adora signed with RoH today so rip.

Not sure it's in any order, coz I don't believe there's 496 black wrestlers better than ACH. There's not 496 wrestlers of any ethnicity better than him.

Oh wait, he's listed on Cagematch as inactive? drat

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Ruckus is on there so it’s a good list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Yeah... you might want to rethink turning to Japan for non-racism. I was watching Documental, I think season 2? And one of the comedians is a black guy, and holy poo poo the way he was treated