Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
updated to say 8% adamantly against vaccine, 7% on the fence

both numbers dropping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Steve Yun posted:

whoa whoa whoa

Only 8% of Australians say they absolutely won’t get the vaccine

7% on top of that are unsure

both numbers keep dropping

gonna be wild if Australia actually vaccinates their way out of this and America doesn’t

Vaccinating yourself out isn't actually a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4L-KoZrcv0

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Yesterday I was helping out in a preschool class when I got an update that another student in that school tested positive for covid and a few more students were sent home with covid tests. I think the school nurse ran out of tests to send home, but I'm not sure because no one tells me anything and I have to get all my information second hand.

The weirdest part was when even after this news was reported, all the teachers in the room I was in took their masks off to eat lunch in the room with the kids. It's weird to see the "covid is over" joke from this thread in real life but it keeps happening!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

E: how do I embed effing tiktoks
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRvaNShf/

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:eyepop:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Local news coverage on COVID this morning: 1 minute of numbers and why pregnant women need the fax

Followed by Childhood cancer coverage: 7 minute piece about a breakthrough in research on a specific type of cancer from Australia, followed by in studio commentary.

I mean yeah, childhood cancer research is a good thing and all, but COVID is really more pressing, because it affects everyone, including a hell of a lot more children than a rare form of cancer. :psyduck:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

:australia: vaccine uptake is looking pretty good though despite ongoing supply issues. Most of my under 40 coworkers are just now eligible for their second dose.

94.56% of over 70s have had a first dose.
78.54% have received a second dose.

89.14% of over 50s have had a first dose
71.25% have received a second dose.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

:australia: vaccine uptake is looking pretty good though despite ongoing supply issues. Most of my under 40 coworkers are just now eligible for their second dose.

94.56% of over 70s have had a first dose.
78.54% have received a second dose.

89.14% of over 50s have had a first dose
71.25% have received a second dose.

can i migrate there as long as i dont take a boat?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bad boys for life posted:

can i migrate there as long as i dont take a boat?

You literally can't actually.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

So, did Garrison finally kick it?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

HiHo ChiRho posted:

E: how do I embed effing tiktoks
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRvaNShf/

Paste it into a browser first, then copy THAT url

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Iron Crowned posted:

So, did Garrison finally kick it?

I dunno he posted another cartoon

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
What do they even think the great reset is?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

ah yes, the “it’s up to you” campaign where you decide if you want to lower your risks of killing or maiming yourself or others. Great messaging guys

also, asking the question in the first place is just reinforcing idiot conspiracies

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/OnlyAWorldAway/status/1443230423471902726?s=19

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Asproigerosis posted:

What do they even think the great reset is?

quote:

The Great Reset is the name of the 50th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum (WEF), held in June 2020. It brought together high-profile business and political leaders, convened by Charles, Prince of Wales and the WEF, with the theme of rebuilding society and the economy in a sustainable way following the COVID-19 pandemic.

quote:

Conspiracy theory
The Great Reset conspiracy theory suggests that some world leaders planned and executed the COVID-19 pandemic in order to take control of the world economy.

A November 2020 article said that the Great Reset conspiracy theory was the first in the Presidency of Joe Biden. Mainstream media outlets such as The New York Times, the BBC, and The Guardian traced the spread of the latest conspiracy theory on the great reset, which had integrated the anti-lockdown conspiracies, to internet personalities and groups, including Candace Owens, Glenn Beck, Fox News' Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson, and Paul Joseph Watson, the UK-based editor of Alex Jones' website Infowars where he advanced the New World Order conspiracy theory.

An October 29, 2020, article by Snopes traced the origins of a chain email posted on conspiracy forums from a member of a non-existent committee within the Liberal Party of Canada that leaked Canada's secret "COVID Global Reset Plan" to the QAnon-dedicated "Q Research" board on 8kun.

By November 17, 2020, a short video of Trudeau's speech in which he described key points of the concept of an economic "reset" had gone viral, as it reignited fervor over the Great Reset conspiracy theory that had taken on a new life with the launching of the forum in May. By November 2020, Canadian conservative political commentators such as Ezra Levant and politician Maxime Bernier, who lamented on his webpage on November 17 that he was the only Canadian politician speaking up against the globalist threat with Trudeau as the "world's most prominent defender" of this Great Reset, along with Pierre Poilievre, an MP, were cited in the media for criticizing Trudeau's speech. They claimed the rhetoric resembled that of the Great Reset conspiracy. On the speech, conservative commentator Spencer Fernando stated that, "We want our lives to get back to normal… Instead they offer only more fear, more control, more centralization, and a reshaping of our lives and our economy without even asking us." When Poilievre circulated a petition to "Stop the Reset", Le Devoir headlined an article saying that the Conservative Party was embracing conspiracy theories. The Toronto Star editorial board criticized Poilievre for "giving oxygen" to the baseless conspiracy theory, with some suggesting his post was related to a possible federal election.

On December 13, 2020, Australian advertising executive Rowan Dean promoted the conspiracy theory on Sky News Australia, claiming that "This Great Reset is as serious and dangerous a threat to our prosperity – to your prosperity and your freedom – as we have faced in decades".

The conspiracy theory has also been disseminated by Russian propaganda outlets. According to Oliver Kamm, in an article for the CapX website: "The propaganda apparatus of the Putin regime has for many months published wild allegations from obscure bloggers that the Great Reset is code for oligarchs to amass wealth and control populations."

Basically, conspiracy theorists have to keep coming up with new emergencies CONSTANTLY so that it feels like the end of the world is constantly around the corner. Every couple of years it's a new thing. If conspiracy theory followers go too long without a new emergency, their minds get bored and start to wander back to the real world.

I remember a few years ago having dinner with several friends including a female friend and her new husband, and he starts asking us if we heard of Jade Helm 15, and that it was a clandestine operation going on in Texas so that the federal government could declare martial law and gain more power than they already had. Everyone else at the table was stunned and turned quiet for the rest of the evening, like they couldn't believe anyone would take this stuff seriously.

This was several years ago. Last year they moved to Florida. A couple months ago I told her to get vaccinated. She hasn't replied back to me since.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 30, 2021

mystes
May 31, 2006

My antibody levels are over 9000

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I mean that looks way more uncomfortable than wearing an actual mask lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
They put the weekly employee testing room for antivaxxers next to the ed and it is taking every fiber of my being to not put some poo poo on the sign letting them know they are vile cumstains of humanity.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol lmao

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1443256765466877954?s=19

from Platystemon. hope they dont rip you for posting a preprint buddy

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Asproigerosis posted:

They put the weekly employee testing room for antivaxxers next to the ed and it is taking every fiber of my being to not put some poo poo on the sign letting them know they are vile cumstains of humanity.

just gently caress with them

put a medium sized rock in the room, with a sign printed on official hospital letterhead that says “DO NOT REMOVE FOR ANY REASON”.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

vaccinated people do not carry the virus

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Captain Gordon posted:

Ok, engaging in earnest here:

or, you could, you know, shut the gently caress up

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

euphronius posted:

vaccinated people do not carry the virus

for fwiw, the study is not saying delta doesn't reduce infection rate -- most recent data still supports that -- but if you are infected, yeah, you seem to have the same viral load as anyone else, regardless of vaccination status

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
15 minutes until HHS posts its half reported COVID data!

Will Arizona finally tell the truth to HHS since multiple news stories contradict what they're reporting? Stay tuned!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bastard Tetris posted:

absolutely, sichuan fuckin owns

Mapo Tofu owns so much. No way Corona can infect a body that is full of Mapo Tofu.

E: the region itself owns. I had the chance to visit a friend there, whom we helped after the terrible earthquakes and flooding, and the region and people there are just awesome.

tuo fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Sep 30, 2021

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Christ now I am going to have to read poo poo about protease inhibitors from tweeters who don’t know what a ligand is for weeks, huh.

THE PFIZER ANTIVIRAL IS JUST REBRANDED IVERMECTRIN, ALL DRUGS ARE ACTUALLY THE SAME.

also gently caress shingles I had that when I was 32, somehow recognized the symptoms and managed to start taking acyclovir I had on hand from an experiment I’d done to see if it impacted my tinnitus. When I got into the doctors first thing the next day they told me it was really weird I’d done that but also I had probably done myself a big favor, sent me home with a bottle of Valcyclocir and I had a somewhat lovely week that could have been much worse. I should demand the vaxx at this point methinks, don’t wanna go through that again and I got off light.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What will happen if Garrison pulls through? How bad will things get?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

What will happen if Garrison pulls through? How bad will things get?

Natural Immunity!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Christ now I am going to have to read poo poo about protease inhibitors from tweeters who don’t know what a ligand is for weeks, huh.

THE PFIZER ANTIVIRAL IS JUST REBRANDED IVERMECTRIN, ALL DRUGS ARE ACTUALLY THE SAME.

also gently caress shingles I had that when I was 32, somehow recognized the symptoms and managed to start taking acyclovir I had on hand from an experiment I’d done to see if it impacted my tinnitus. When I got into the doctors first thing the next day they told me it was really weird I’d done that but also I had probably done myself a big favor, sent me home with a bottle of Valcyclocir and I had a somewhat lovely week that could have been much worse. I should demand the vaxx at this point methinks, don’t wanna go through that again and I got off light.

I had shingles when I was 28, I got to take once daily Valtrex three times a day, plus a bottle of loritabs (which didn't work), followed by a bottle of Percocet and gabapentin :3:

Also: ligand my balls

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I got the pneumonia vaxx after getting really bad pneumonia at 26 years old because of my goon comorbidities

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
COVID Rules and I can't wait to cough my lungs into my toilet this time next year.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I got shingles near the end of my bachelors because of the extra stress from projects an tests. Hurt like hell, I dont even remember what they gave me. Then near the end of my masters I got a really bad stress tension on my neck that made me feel like I was having a stroke. My arm started going numb and the numbness went up through my neck and face. Couldn't move my neck at all and half my face was frozen numb. Got flexeril on other relaxants to treat that from the doc.

Your body starts to go into self destruct mode at high stress levels goons, manage it or you'll die young.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

fosborb posted:

lol lmao

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1443256765466877954?s=19

from Platystemon. hope they dont rip you for posting a preprint buddy

lmao

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

what is technical definition of a 'mild' case

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Mr. Pizza posted:

what is technical definition of a 'mild' case

didn’t kill you

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

fosborb posted:

for fwiw, the study is not saying delta doesn't reduce infection rate -- most recent data still supports that -- but if you are infected, yeah, you seem to have the same viral load as anyone else, regardless of vaccination status

Another study also said that the infectious period for vaccinated people is shorter, so if both are true then it means overall vaccinated people will infect fewer others, but if you have to be around a breakthrough case like a family member in the same household, you’re going to get infected

which would explain the View hosts traveling and going to a baseball game unmasked, showing up to the set of the View a day or two later and testing positive in the morning but testing negative in the evening

Which would also be similar to how kids can get infected but are only infectious for a short period, which is why people thought kids couldn’t get infected; they were evading weekly testing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

krispykremessuck posted:

didn’t kill you

:lol:

Other guy is out again, making this day 8 of being "out sick," sounds like a mild case of something to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I have doubts about going from positive toward the negative in the span of less than a day tbh.