Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

the third season is insane……imo the best season of tv ever produced

Watching that as it came out and speculating/reacting in real time with thousands of equally confused dorks was probably one of the most singular and amazing TV experiences of my lifetime and I don't think we'll ever see anything like it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol to all

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Teaser trailer for the Kamen Rider movie written and directed by Anno, looks sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdxFwUqKc-A

Sick

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

New season of Baki just came out on Netflix so gonna watch that

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

EmmyOk posted:

New season of Baki just came out on Netflix so gonna watch that

Hell why not

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Watching that as it came out and speculating/reacting in real time with thousands of equally confused dorks was probably one of the most singular and amazing TV experiences of my lifetime and I don't think we'll ever see anything like it again

it owned so much. having to wait a week for each new episode was key

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

the third season is insane……imo the best season of tv ever produced

I was worried it would be bad so waited iuntil about a month ago to watch it. I was a fool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

Remember when we were all watching episode 8 and wondering when this weird five minute psychedelic segue would end and we would see our old pal come back and instead we got the best and most insane hour of television ever broadcast...

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

lmfao

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Watched Demons (1985) on 35 mm and it was good as always

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Watched The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings. Pretty solid baseball movie

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

still slowly going through the Sopranos, got up through "University" tonight. extremely satisfying seeing Ralphie getting pummeled after Tracee's murder

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Nutmeg posted:

I got drunk off wine when they aired the Audrey episode and I brushed the monitor and whispered about how cute she was.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Fargield posted:

The last 10 minutes of this movie is the best thing ever filmed

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I got drunk off wine when they aired the Audrey episode and I brushed the monitor and whispered about how cute she was.
I don't want answers to many of the questions but I really wish we had some idea what the gently caress was going on with Audrey, especially with Sherilyn Fenn saying a lot of her story was changed late on and she wasn't happy about it

Don't read the Final Dossier, it answers a bunch of the wrong questions in the most boring ways imaginable. Secret History of Twin Peaks was great though

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i started Agents of Dreamland and although it might be too early to say it rules so far and is extremely my poo poo. thank you, HolePisser1982.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

i started Agents of Dreamland and although it might be too early to say it rules so far and is extremely my poo poo. thank you, HolePisser1982.

hell fuckin yeah. first time around my ears really perked up when it mentions something about pluto and the new horizons probe early on, and then like a page later it’s cults and mycologists and zombie ants and i was like holy loving poo poo, this is going to rule. and it did rule

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

hell fuckin yeah. first time around my ears really perked up when it mentions something about pluto and the new horizons probe early on, and then like a page later it’s cults and mycologists and zombie ants and i was like holy loving poo poo, this is going to rule. and it did rule

i just crossed that threshold exactly and i'm seriously hype. have you read the other ones in the series?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Read the first couple of stories in Stories of Your Life and Others and it's cool so far. The second one is one of the better attempts at writing a supremely intelligent perspective I've come across, it all ended up a bit too abstract for me but I guess that's partially the point lol.

Also the title is fun because you can turn it into things like Stories of Your Wife's Nice Buttocks, etc.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

i just crossed that threshold exactly and i'm seriously hype. have you read the other ones in the series?

yep, theyre great. second book is sort of a standalone as it was mostly written before Agents and then finished & re-edited after the series got picked up for publishing, but it’s loving cool. and the third book is godly

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

when you get to book 2, there will be a chapter written in french. it’s important that you understand that its english translation will appear later, so that you dont waste your time translating it chunk by chunk in Google Translate like I did. ahh

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

when you get to book 2, there will be a chapter written in french. it’s important that you understand that its english translation will appear later, so that you dont waste your time translating it chunk by chunk in Google Translate like I did. ahh

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Read the first couple of stories in Stories of Your Life and Others and it's cool so far. The second one is one of the better attempts at writing a supremely intelligent perspective I've come across, it all ended up a bit too abstract for me but I guess that's partially the point lol.

Also the title is fun because you can turn it into things like Stories of Your Wife's Nice Buttocks, etc.

Yeah it's cool. The Tower of Babel story kicks rear end

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah it's cool. The Tower of Babel story kicks rear end

I loved that one, had no idea where it was going and the slow reveals of what was happening were great. The writing is maybe a little dry so far but compared to most sci-fi short stories, he has a real interest in the incidental lives shaped and impacted by the Big Concept which really makes a difference

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I loved that one, had no idea where it was going and the slow reveals of what was happening were great. The writing is maybe a little dry so far but compared to most sci-fi short stories, he has a real interest in the incidental lives shaped and impacted by the Big Concept which really makes a difference

Yeah absolutely, the titular Story of Your Life is an especially good example of that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also I highly recommend any scifiheads pick up the short story collection "Tomorrow Factory" by Rich Larson

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Fargield posted:

ill have to check this out since im looking for some movies to watch for october. recent horror movies i watched were possessor, censor, and relic which i all liked. wondering if there are any other good anthology like halloween movies like creepshow 1,2 and trick r treat

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the gigagenius showdown is so badass. im guessing thats what smoking meth feels like lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

the gigagenius showdown is so badass. im guessing thats what smoking meth feels like lol

It's so funny because the story makes it clear that the end showdown is just two assholes staring at each other for a few minutes

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's so funny because the story makes it clear that the end showdown is just two assholes staring at each other for a few minutes

lol sometimes it just be that way. my date sees me as some weird dickhead, yet ignores the mnemonic traps I’ve laid. the BJs Bar and Grill we drove past. the modulated instrumental track from Akinyele’s Put It In Your Mouth serving as my ringtone. soon… it will all come to fruition

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol sometimes it just be that way. my date sees me as some weird dickhead, yet ignores the mnemonic traps I’ve laid. the BJs Bar and Grill we drove past. the modulated instrumental track from Akinyele’s Put It In Your Mouth serving as my ringtone. soon… it will all come to fruition

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ted Chiang’s The Art of Seduction

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I also spent the entire story thinking of the protagonist as Charlie from the Flowers for Charlie episode of Always Sunny, and therefore by extension, Luigi. He even has an Italian name

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I also spent the entire story thinking of the protagonist as Charlie from the Flowers for Charlie episode of Always Sunny, and therefore by extension, Luigi. He even has an Italian name

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The ending of that story be like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The ending of that story be like