Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vandar posted:

That was Chris Kreski, and he's the unsung hero of that era of the WWE. He was behind basically all of their best stories at the time and the WWE is never going to acknowledge him.

Because he desperately seeks to be the center of attention to foster his low sense of self-worth.

He was feuding with AJ Gray a couple of days ago and it was honestly kind of sad.

I've noticed Rov tries to start poo poo, then attacks journos like Bix, and etc. for not covering the poo poo he's dragged up. He's just trying to get validation as someone who has the news, but "They" don't want to cover it. Ignore him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Maybe it's just me but by posting about you know who, we're giving him the validation and attention he craves, which is what prompts him to start his Twitter slapfights in the first place. So if we just ignore him then he won't get the rush he craves from knowing people are talking about him, so let's quit putting his hot takes and Twitter feuds in here is basically what I'm saying :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Maybe it's just me but by posting about you know who, we're giving him the validation and attention he craves, which is what prompts him to start his Twitter slapfights in the first place. So if we just ignore him then he won't get the rush he craves from knowing people are talking about him, so let's quit putting his hot takes and Twitter feuds in here is basically what I'm saying :)

If you think goons will just ignore rovert posts then you must have missed PSP for the last decade

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
If you say rovert three times in front of a mirror he'll get mad at Bix for no reason.
I tried it out it worked.

E: Also: I doubt our mockery will make him feel validated at all. And if it does more power to him, he can get full of himself, have a weird meltdown eventually and get banned off twitter too.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shard posted:

Yes he was the guy booking the stuff from like 2000 - 2002. The Attitude Era Podcast covers him extensively.

just head writer from jan to aug of 2000, he was demoted because steph and hunter nixed the story bit where steph leaves hhh for angle which was also the time steph was promoted to head of creative

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Rarity posted:

If you think goons will just ignore rovert posts then you must have missed PSP for the last decade

Oh I know it's just shouting into the void to ask for that, but sometimes you have to try

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Vandar posted:

That was Chris Kreski, and he's the unsung hero of that era of the WWE. He was behind basically all of their best stories at the time and the WWE is never going to acknowledge him.

Because he desperately seeks to be the center of attention to foster his low sense of self-worth.

He was feuding with AJ Gray a couple of days ago and it was honestly kind of sad.

AJ Gray and some other indie wrestler laughing because they thought Rovert was in a wheelchair was super lovely. No matter what you think of Rovert.

bartok
May 10, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

just head writer from jan to aug of 2000, he was demoted because steph and hunter nixed the story bit where steph leaves hhh for angle which was also the time steph was promoted to head of creative

Giving the fans what they want? That will never work!

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Whatever happen to that one guy (Ryan something?) who was wrote NXT before HHH decided he wanted all the credit?

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

None of those posts make any sense tbh. I'm sure he is maybe trying to say something coherent in his head but, like, it just reads like schizophrenic vagueposting to anyone who isn't privy to his internal narrative.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Whatever happen to that one guy (Ryan something?) who was wrote NXT before HHH decided he wanted all the credit?

I thought Hunter and Dusty were booking it together until Dusty passed

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I think you're talking about Ryan Ward who also booked the good Era of Smackdown in 2016 that ended with ramp snake in 2017.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

yeah, Ryan Ward was the NXT head writer until 2016, at which point he became head writer of Smackdown until 2017, at which point he was lost in the shuffle amongst the Raw writers

still a really good writer, not least because Smackdown from the second half of 2016 to around Mania 33 was imo the best wrestling show in the world at the time

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

drat wrestling was in a bad place in 2016 if that was the case.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

drat wrestling was in a bad place in 2016 if that was the case.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
2016 was the start of peak Gedo era NJPW as WWE poached all of its major stars.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

STONE COLD 64 posted:

No wonder Jericho spent his undisputed reign as being Steph's gofer.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
2016 Smackdown has aged real bad once you remember how much of it was built around James Ellsworth

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

You mean 'Winner of the first-ever Women's Money in the Bank match' James Ellsworth. :colbert:

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

fez_machine posted:

2016 was the start of peak Gedo era NJPW as WWE poached all of its major stars.

Wrestle Kingdom 10 was 2016 so it will always be a high point for NJPW in my mind, but even I will admit I started losing interest in the promotion as the year progressed.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Benne posted:

2016 Smackdown has aged real bad once you remember how much of it was built around James Ellsworth

The eternal cycle of WWE: it's funny the first time, then it has all possible enjoyment extracted from it and ground into a rough, dry powder, and then the guy turns out to be a sex criminal.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

Sounds like it was extremely bad in the moment.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

post more "but no I like watching the lovely product, firght me irl you illumanati bastards" takes please

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/5thYezzir/status/1444494486936170498

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Renaissance Spam posted:

Wrestle Kingdom 10 was 2016 so it will always be a high point for NJPW in my mind, but even I will admit I started losing interest in the promotion as the year progressed.

It was the beginning of Okada's big record breaking reign, so the top of the card remained consistently great, but that was the year the middle to bottom of the card started to really show signs of neglect.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Benne posted:

This is a fair point.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Yes. I’m sure that’s why they turned off replies. There is no other obvious explanation.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

replies realize real lies

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’ve lost my smile

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’ve lost my smile

Perhaps the most controversial thing he's done yet. I hope he's getting paid well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’ve lost my smile

This is especially tragic because he is doing some of his best work right now but none of it is wrestling related.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Mike's dark secret is that he is a something awful forums poster that has been permabanned and is now on antipsychotics. He was obsessed with "Irony"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Martytude/status/1444321352631009282?s=19

https://twitter.com/Martytude/status/1444675986352586758?s=19

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1444664495327137801?s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There used to be a PSP poster called Little Mac so I'm going to assume this is the same person

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/christbarber6/status/1444736995578765314?s=19

Read the whole thread for the full idiot picture

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
no

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tough but fair

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

boy does pee into his own pants while sitting on a chair he brought onto your porch to sit on and yell at you from out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

is he a fuckin barber or a poet, one cannot be both