Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hell of a ride by Enea and Peco. Fun race. Can't say I'd ever think I would hear the phrase "And Rins passes Marquez for fifth place," but there we are lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My mate informed me with a 2.5 second lead that Quat would make it interesting. And he was right.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Great race all around today.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Theory: whatever Ducati did to improve their corner speed has affected their tyre conservation. Miller is burning his tyres like crazy despite being consistently super strong late race last year. Bestia is overcoming the older bike's understeer with moxy and track knowledge and reaping the benefits of gentler tyre wear. Pecco has done two Lorenzo races in a row, I suspect his pace is not achievable unless he's alone.

E: while I'm here, there's no way rins is keeping his seat. I've seen the precise moment ken 'clipboard' kawauchi's heart breaks several times in 2500fps HD now and a man can only take so much. There's a neverending supply of corner speedy whipper snappers to replace rins, as well as a healthy pool of experienced steady hands if they want to get development back on track.

Miller will be Ducati's crutchlow and be happier than a pig in poo poo if he just gets to turn up and do some damage once in a while.

I also have, again, got the queasy feeling that Michelin have quietly hosed with the tyres because KTM's devastating slowness, as heart warming as it is for me personally, is not right or normal. Suzuki are what it looks like when everyone moves forward and you don't; KTM look like someone kneecapped all the mechanics overnight. Putting aside Oliveira's injury/mental issues and petrucci's hopelessness, putting aside iker who is pretty much just sending it cause he has nothing to lose, binder has been absolutely hosed. And this is against a field with far more lost causes that last year; the two LCR's and the petronas bikes are basically filler, zarco has fallen off the rails, Marini is hopeless, petrucci hopeless, yet he can barely make any headway at all. Just doesn't seem right.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 20, 2021

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

I was expecting a lot more from Miller. Slipping down to 6th from 2nd - can he really be that bad on the tires? IIRC some of the riders have been talking about the questionable quality control on the tires in the last few races (?)

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Is there any solid news about Tom Sykes from WSBK?

I am struggling to find any substantial updates about his condition.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SocksAndSandals posted:

I was expecting a lot more from Miller. Slipping down to 6th from 2nd - can he really be that bad on the tires? IIRC some of the riders have been talking about the questionable quality control on the tires in the last few races (?)

Yeah the behind the scenes grumbling is accelerating rapidly, there's constant mention of it being brought up in the safety commission. It's not clear what happened to Miller, it might just be Miller millering, but a few strong riders have had absolutely bung tyres in the last little while and arguably lost substantial points as a result.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Low Percent Lunge posted:

Is there any solid news about Tom Sykes from WSBK?

I am struggling to find any substantial updates about his condition.

From WSBK.com:
Sykes was initially diagnosed with a head injury and concussion following the Turn 1 incident and was transported to Catalunya Hospital for further assessments. Following two days under observation in hospital because of the severe concussion, Sykes has now been released from hospital. His participation in this weekend’s Motul Spanish Round at Jerez is yet to be determined.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
I hope the bung tyres thing is real otherwise Miller is really running out of excuses as to why there is almost always these late-race fade outs…. I mean there was hope earlier in the season but this is the same thing since Pramac last year

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Miller won races this year :psyduck: like what are you watching

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Yes, and since those 2 wins he's podiumed once in 9 races...

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Chaz Davies announces his retirement from WSBK at the end of the 2021 season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXma_0Gat7M
If you have a WSBK account you can watch the press conference:
https://www.worldsbk.com/en/videos/2021/2021%20WorldSBK%20Special%20Press%20Conference%20Chaz%20Davies
He lost his factory seat and has been having a real hard time of it.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 23, 2021

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

Skreemer posted:

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/videos/2021/2021%20WorldSBK%20Special%20Press%20Conference%20Chaz%20Davies

Shame about that lad; defied the odds with his taller frame but the injuries caught up with him like they did with Camier at the end. Wish him all the best...

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Anyone going to try and brave Texas idiocy and go to the GP this weekend?

It has been clear weather for months and the first weekend in a while it's supposed to rain all weekend, the GP gets hosted.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I personally will not be messing with Texas. My neighbor keeps trying to get me to come to the local motorcycle club (:o:) to watch the race at 6PM, but I always have watched the recap by then so I skip out. Maybe this time I'll go.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Skreemer posted:

He had the same issue as Crutchlow, he crashed way too much. I never took him a serious title contender because even if he reeled off a few wins in a row you knew a DNF was just around the corner.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Apparantly the surface of COTA is so dog poo poo a good portion of riders want to cancel the race, including Pecco who has the most to lose. This poo poo is embarrassing, please pick another track in the USA, COTA is boring and now it's unsafe. Homologate Road America or go to hell.

https://twitter.com/denkmit/status/1444103894892748802?s=19

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Brainard.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Maybe the Mormons can eminent domain the now closed miller motorsports park and have a municipal racetrack in Utah. Or maybe someone in California can take all that tech money and burn it up building a racetrack instead of keeping Uber afloat. It's looking pretty dire for American motorcycle tracks.

Also the end of the Superbike season is killing it, today's race was fantastic. Toprak is doing some Kevin Schwantz poo poo on the brakes.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
The slowmo footage of Zarco hitting mid-corner bumps is scary, the whole bike under full compression looking like it’s gonna break in half.
Will be an achievement just to finish tomorrow

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
This is Mir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbLz0zYZXXY

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

come back to Indy you cowards :argh:

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

FBS posted:

Rovals: not even once.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

:stare: yeah that's totally fine.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Not one frame that gets raced this weekend will be used again I'll bet. Too much possiblity of random stress fractures.

Marc's gonna win/bin this one.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

FBS posted:

Fuuuuuck that. Speedway circuits are awful. MotoGP can race at grade 2 circuits, so Laguna Seca. I've heard before the surface at COTA is bad. I guess they didn't compact the dirt enough so there's loads of bumps in the asphalt.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Toe Rag posted:

Fuuuuuck that. Speedway circuits are awful. MotoGP can race at grade 2 circuits, so Laguna Seca. I've heard before the surface at COTA is bad. I guess they didn't compact the dirt enough so there's loads of bumps in the asphalt.

it's the particular kind of soil in the area so it's just always going to do that.
Laguna is a whole other mess because the pit areas are tiny. and it's owned by the county where all these people built homes right next to the racetrack and want to enforce stringent noise limits, don't want taxes being used for upkeep, etc.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's also like, probably a bit too dangerous.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Toprak you big dumb dumb.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Moto3, acosta alcoba and migno. holy poo poo what a crash I poo poo my pants

E: these bikes make for excellent ramps

https://twitter.com/autosport/status/1444710529126252545?s=20

SocksAndSandals fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 3, 2021

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
drat that was some air that Acosta got, they were really lucky no one got hit by a bike.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

SocksAndSandals posted:

Moto3, acosta alcoba and migno. holy poo poo what a crash I poo poo my pants

E: these bikes make for excellent ramps

https://twitter.com/autosport/status/1444710529126252545?s=20

echomadman posted:

drat that was some air that Acosta got, they were really lucky no one got hit by a bike.

That was some serious Evel Knievel poo poo. Glad everybody's safe after that one.

Watching Beaubier try to send it in this Moto2 race is really entertaining.

Unlucky Remy :(

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

So mad waking up this morning and realizing I have to wait to see this live cause it's in America. ugh Moto2 is soooo boringgggggg

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

it was cota i guess. podium was a fun watch at least but where's pecco's not yet mathematically eliminated graphic.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Love to watch podiums get decided by bullshit rules-lawyering

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Love to watch podiums get decided by bullshit rules-lawyering

yeah that was lovely no reason for a long lap penalty especially considering the track surface

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

the paradigm shift posted:

yeah that was lovely no reason for a long lap penalty especially considering the track surface

No but don't you see, he ran off the track and lost time but didn't auto penalize himself by losing precisely one second or more, hence he has to be penalized

Fucken bullshit. I know that eventually the MSMA will step in cause who wants to spend millions of bucks on a race effort that gets trashed by this sort of horse poo poo. I just feel bad for the riders in the meantime.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

https://twitter.com/matoxley/status/1444770870229151747?s=20

Thoughts?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Besides Pecco's charge through the field the race was boring compared to the last several rounds. What am I watching, F1? Combine that with the dangerous surface and dumb rule lawyering, I'm behind scrapping COTA as a venue.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Glad no one got hurt in that Moto3 pileup, holy smokes. Nice results from the Suzuki boys all things considered.

Guess the answer to the thread title is "now"?