Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

please bro you have to give money to funimation

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
he needs the highest quality only bluray can offer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

please bro you have to give money to funimation

Gen Fukunaga and Anthony "Tony" Vinciquerra need to get paid

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I long for the days when animation was dominated by western perverts like Ralph Bakshi and depraved Hungarian freaks like Gabor Csupo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its cool how terrible and ugly ralph baskis movies are

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

It’s too bad we’ll never get more of the haruhi anime because the production staff were all murdered and aya hirano had sex outside of marriage.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

he needs the highest quality only bluray can offer

i will keep the 20gb version i pirated in 2011 or w/e because they were too fricking sTUPId to release the movie before 2016

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

All he did was trace live action footage. Sad!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

compromise. ill pay some guy named anor_londo with a bleach av 10 bucks on ebay

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

who needs the pile of DVD-Rs i stored all my pirated 90s anime on in college when now i can merely wait for Netflix to license it for a live action remake that stretches the story out over six seasons but doesn't get renewed after season 1.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i will keep the 20gb version i pirated in 2011 or w/e because they were too fricking sTUPId to release the movie before 2016

actually wait this

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Frenz posted:

It’s too bad we’ll never get more of the haruhi anime because the production staff were all murdered and aya hirano had sex outside of marriage.

rip. the split universe stuff wouldve been cool to see

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

compromise. ill pay some guy named anor_londo with a bleach av 10 bucks on ebay

Thanks for the $10.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i need to return this oversized book of Beetle Bailey illustrations back to the library so i can take out something else. it was a mistake to think it would inspire any sort of good art, and i regret it. drawing Beetle Bailey as the American Sniper was not an interesting idea. drawing Beetle Bailey defending a chipotle restaurant was not an interesting idea. the character Sarge is not evocative. i was mistaken.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i need to return this oversized book of Beetle Bailey illustrations back to the library so i can take out something else. it was a mistake to think it would inspire any sort of good art, and i regret it. drawing Beetle Bailey as the American Sniper was not an interesting idea. drawing Beetle Bailey defending a chipotle restaurant was not an interesting idea. the character Sarge is not evocative. i was mistaken.

lmfao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

From what I remember 90% of Beetle Bailey strips are the general sexually harassing his hot blonde secretary

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Canonically Beetle Bailey is the brother of Lois from Hi + Lois. Maybe you could explore that somehow

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtTaosQPJvE&t=4430s

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Canonically Beetle Bailey is the brother of Lois from Hi + Lois. Maybe you could explore that somehow

Iirc the comic started with Beetle as a slacker college kid but it had what was supposed to be a short story arc where he joins the army, then the Korean War started irl and they couldn't have him desert during wartime.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just heard about a new anime called Sonny Boy. has anyone watched it and can they tell me where i can watch it.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

just heard about a new anime called Sonny Boy. has anyone watched it and can they tell me where i can watch it.

hulu & funimation. good luck

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scary ghost dog posted:

i use the website animixplay, because Im tired of having to pay 5 different sites if I want to watch new anime. the weebs who run the site organize everything by Japanese names which is annoying af but whatever. you can still search with the English titles

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i use this https://www.justwatch.com/ for movie and show streaming search. i think its like letterboxd but free in trade for stealing all your browsing data. well now they know i like arnold schwarzenegger movies. who doesnt

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

letterboxd just has the justwatch api jammed on the review page

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

hulu & funimation. good luck

thankee-sai

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Watch ovas with questionable image quality and subbing/no subs on youtube instead

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frenz posted:

I’m reading moby dick and, right before the peauod’s voyage, ahab’s peg leg comes off and somehow he falls on top of it “almost piercing his groin” which makes him hate moby dick even more lmfao

Lmfao I forgot about that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frank Mueller or something like that did a wonderful audiobook of Moby Dick in the 80s.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I watched the pilot episode of the Adult ren and stimpy out of curiosity the other day and it had him as a fat retarded fireman who abuses them and makes them clean his toilet after he dumps monster beer turds in them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Philadelphia Collins.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Frenz posted:

I’m reading moby dick and, right before the peauod’s voyage, ahab’s peg leg comes off and somehow he falls on top of it “almost piercing his groin” which makes him hate moby dick even more lmfao

lmfao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sonny Boy so good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AJ playing Blast Corps

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://youtu.be/ftxS-Oa-LrA

I see.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Episode 2 - Burden of the Unclaimed Fist
Ryo tries to locate a shop where sailors might go. An old man does tai chi in the park.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Odd Taxi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Frenz posted:

lol it's great, Ishmael ftw. So many wonderful passage in that book

Been getting really into Elvis lately