Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Weka posted:

If I had a fence she wouldn't be free range.

Yes but unfortunately/fortunately grade schools do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002
Well that escalated quickly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

OGDanDogg posted:

Please tell me someone posted a picture of Billy Corgan as the perpetrator.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
The world is a vampire these days, unfortunately. This never would have happened back in 1979.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

OGDanDogg posted:

IDSPISPOPD

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Tarkus posted:

IDSPISPOPD

https://dosgames.com/game/smashing-pumpkins-into-small-piles-of-putrid-debris/#dosbox-div

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
opened NextDoor

*neighbors being whiny bitches about cars parked on "their" street*

closed NextDoor

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Catastrophe posted:

opened NextDoor

closed NextDoor

Same except it was a 100+ response argument thread about finding a hardware store that doesn’t require masks. In other words, looking for a store that is openly breaking the law because every town in this area currently has an active mask mandate.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Catastrophe posted:

opened NextDoor

closed NextDoor

that's progress!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Catastrophe posted:

This person is correct. I am unnecessarily and unforgivably high-strung. It's not cool or ok. I'm aware of it, though.

yeah i didn't mean it as a dig, you're good people, you're just occasionally kinda worrying lol

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Lost another kitty to hawks/mountain lions/coyotes. 8th one this year. Real shame that cats spontaneously combust if kept inside :shrug:

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Riatsala posted:

Lost another kitty to hawks/mountain lions/coyotes. 8th one this year. Real shame that cats spontaneously combust if kept inside :shrug:

Get an Armadillo. Problem solved...

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
if the problem is not having leprosy

re: Cats. Definitely one of the more common themes on Nextdoor local to me. People move here to sub divisions that were brush steppe only a year ago and post on Nextdoor shortly after how they're missing their cat.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

TotalLossBrain posted:

if the problem is not having leprosy

re: Cats. Definitely one of the more common themes on Nextdoor local to me. People move here to sub divisions that were brush steppe only a year ago and post on Nextdoor shortly after how they're missing their cat.

I'm sure there is a nice topical cream to solve the leprosy issue.

https://southpark.cc.com/video-clips/9ofg69/south-park-incredible-advances-in-topical-cream

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The two most popular Nextdoor topics locally right now are the call out thread for the guy who bragged about killing a deer in the green belt behind his home, and people praising the two old people who are constantly picketing the Planned Parenthood location down the street.

Both are going about as well as you’d expect.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Biggest thing here is whether to legalize and tax recreational marijuana. We live in a dead zone where you have to drive 15 miles in any direction to get weed (cue world's smallest violin, I know). Lot of people want to keep that filth out of our town. They're quite happy to vote for more tax breaks for the Coors plant though :shrug:

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

I just wanted to say that avoiding Nextdoor has become part of my "stop being so angry" plan along with unfollowing every politics-based subreddit, not reading political threads here very often, and canceling things like my WSJ subscription. I found that nearly every single time I went to Nextdoor, I ended up yelling at some horrible old turd on there and would get my account temp banned for like a week at a time because they'd report me for being a big meanie about their racism or whatever. I just internalized that all of my neighbors are hateful elderly busybodies and decided not to read their bullshit anymore.

I mean, like I said here, the last time I got slapped on the wrist there was because I told people there that they're unreasonable assholes for calling 911 because they thought airplanes flying over were being too loud. I just can't deal with that level of entitled assholeness.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Catastrophe posted:

I just wanted to say that avoiding Nextdoor has become part of my "stop being so angry" plan along with unfollowing every politics-based subreddit, not reading political threads here very often, and canceling things like my WSJ subscription. I found that nearly every single time I went to Nextdoor, I ended up yelling at some horrible old turd on there and would get my account temp banned for like a week at a time because they'd report me for being a big meanie about their racism or whatever. I just internalized that all of my neighbors are hateful elderly busybodies and decided not to read their bullshit anymore.

I mean, like I said here, the last time I got slapped on the wrist there was because I told people there that they're unreasonable assholes for calling 911 because they thought airplanes flying over were being too loud. I just can't deal with that level of entitled assholeness.

Yeah, I ate a month for yelling at a lead who was going on and on about how trans folks were "recruiting people" in the schools and how she had to "protect her granddaughter". Never going back was a good choice.

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 9, 2021

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Solkanar512 posted:

Yeah, I ate a month for yelling at a lead who was going on and on about how trans folks were "recruiting people" in the schools and how she had to "protect her granddaughter". Never going back was a good choice.

jesus... ffs. Get a life, people. Good choice on your part.

Though it was handy for a while to go there and find old people whining about people parking on "their" part of the street despite them putting their precious orange cones out... so I'd go over there and pick up the cones and throw them in a dumpster repeatedly until they stopped that poo poo. Don't discard poo poo on the public street, rear end. It's not your private property and I'm all too happy to show you that fact.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My nextdoor is pretty tame but this made me laugh.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I’m not on nextdoor but today I did have to yell at one of the local drunks for taking an enormous poo poo on the street in front of my house right next to my parked car in broad daylight and I considered spraying his rear end with a garden hose. This dirty motherfucker has been making GBS threads in front of my house for months and until I caught him mid squat I assumed it was just an inconsiderate dog owner’s mastiff or something.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My nextdoor is pretty tame but this made me laugh.

In a civilized country that truck would be parked in a lot and on street parking in built up residential areas would be used for personal vehicles but America loves for businesses to utilize services provided by government at the expense of citizens.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Weka posted:

In a civilized country that truck would be parked in a lot and on street parking in built up residential areas would be used for personal vehicles but America loves for businesses to utilize services provided by government at the expense of citizens.

Truck drivers get hosed over royally by their companies. I've heard that they can add from their paycheck to buying their own truck that they're using every day but if they lose their job before they pay off the $100k+ it costs for the truck they just lose it all.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Ralph Hurley posted:

I’m not on nextdoor but today I did have to yell at one of the local drunks for taking an enormous poo poo on the street in front of my house right next to my parked car in broad daylight and I considered spraying his rear end with a garden hose. This dirty motherfucker has been making GBS threads in front of my house for months and until I caught him mid squat I assumed it was just an inconsiderate dog owner’s mastiff or something.

I got chastised repeatedly on Nextdoor for once beating on the stolen shopping cart of a man masturbating in front of my place with a baseball bat to try to scare him off since screaming at him didn't work (he was high as gently caress and had no response) and then calling the cops on him.

Yeah. Really sorry, Nextdoor. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings by calling the cops on the masturbating man. Jesus christ.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Truck drivers get hosed over royally by their companies. I've heard that they can add from their paycheck to buying their own truck that they're using every day but if they lose their job before they pay off the $100k+ it costs for the truck they just lose it all.

Yep, which is why a lot of the companies switched over from internal drivers to external ones. Less fleet maintenance costs, benefits, all that stuff.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Yeah, castigating the driver isn't the solution and doesn't look like what was going on but that truck shouldn't be there.

Catastrophe posted:

I got chastised repeatedly on Nextdoor for once beating on the stolen shopping cart of a man masturbating in front of my place with a baseball bat to try to scare him off since screaming at him didn't work (he was high as gently caress and had no response) and then calling the cops on him.

Yeah. Really sorry, Nextdoor. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings by calling the cops on the masturbating man. Jesus christ.

Was he hurting you? Threatening you somehow that you felt the need to put a probably mentally unwell man's life in danger? Should he just have gone home to masturbate?

Also it wasn't entirely clear from your post, was he using the baseball bat to masturbate?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Weka posted:

Yeah, castigating the driver isn't the solution and doesn't look like what was going on but that truck shouldn't be there.

Was he hurting you? Threatening you somehow that you felt the need to put a probably mentally unwell man's life in danger? Should he just have gone home to masturbate?

Also it wasn't entirely clear from your post, was he using the baseball bat to masturbate?

don't

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Weka posted:

Kids don’t need to see that poo poo lol

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The street masturbater defender has logged on

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
A couple of weeks ago there was an episode of "What We Do in the Shadows" where Colin Robinson said he posted on Nextdoor asking if anyone saw anything suspicious (they were searching for the Original Vampire that got loose) and apparently his post turned into an "orgy of racism" and I died laughing at that line because it rang so true

I also thought of this thread

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

stay safe, my neighbors

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

you broke my grill posted:

stay safe, my neighbors

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

you broke my grill posted:

stay safe, my neighbors

OMG someone fishing for food instead of sport! He must be poor!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

im so sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csrPT9ClVUc

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
A bunch of babies were frolicking on my lawn the other day, so I anally raped all of them to teach a lesson. Later an unmarked FBI truck came by, and I told my version of the story to the agents and we shared a round of high fives! Lord bless your day.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Weka
May 5, 2019

Zil posted:

The street masturbater defender has logged on

Like it's bad to jerk off on the street sure but it's worse to call the cops on the dude. Just pull your curtains.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Weka posted:

Like it's bad to jerk off on the street sure but it's worse to call the cops on the dude. Just pull your curtains.

Hey, I think I just found the guy that was jerking off in the street! :cawg:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Dont call the cops

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Lotta street jerkers in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

therobit posted: