Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So with the Titanic announced the only big 2021 set left to be revealed is the Home Alone set. I assume it’ll be a December release for obvious reasons. The sticker sheet leaked recently so a leak of the full set shouldn’t be much longer but the official reveal might be in November.

EDIT: Apparently Lego have said in a recent interview/whatever that the Blue Fiat will NOT be releasing worldwide. After this trial is over it'll be gone for good. So get it now if you really want it.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

RatHat posted:

EDIT: Apparently Lego have said in a recent interview/whatever that the Blue Fiat will NOT be releasing worldwide. After this trial is over it'll be gone for good. So get it now if you really want it.
This is true, but it reminds me of one particular circumstance that has changed. According to a fan interview with New Elementary (among others), the unique new light royal blue pieces introduced specifically for the set would NOT be going to Bricks & Pieces either, greatly limiting peoples' ability to get those parts outside of somehow procuring a copy of the UK-exclusive set. Well, apparently there was a big internal push by the Community Team to convince the team running the Fiat pilot to allow those parts onto B&P, after all. They've started appearing already. The 62361 mudguard, 32828 1 x 1 round plate with bar, 6091 1 x 2 x 1 1/3 curved slope, 99207 1 x 2 - 2 x 2 inverted bracket, 99780 1 x 2 - 1 x 2 inverted bracket, and 35480 1 x 2 round plate have all been spotted available and in stock on there. Probably more. Haven't personally gone looking yet.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m gonna get three so I can have an Olympic and Titanic and Britannic

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

bird with big dick posted:

I’m gonna get three so I can have an Olympic and Titanic and Britannic

At this point you’re into art installation territory. Goonspeed.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
A palette swap of the ships to make the wartime Olympic with dazzle camouflage and the Britannic as a hospital ship would be awesome. The Olympic and Titanic are basically identical but the Britannic is a bit bigger I believe.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'd like to see someone make a giant bottle out of Lego to put the Titanic in. It'd be incredibly fragile though

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

RatHat posted:

I'd like to see someone make a giant bottle out of Lego to put the Titanic in. It'd be incredibly fragile though

They'll go broke trying to buy enough of the 1x1 round transparent blue pieces for the water though!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Grand Fromage posted:

Airships are cool. I could imagine them at least coming back for cargo transport. An all electric airship would be fairly easy to make compared to any kind of large airplane, and the speed doesn't matter as much.

We don't have the helium to spare.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

RatHat posted:

So was Titanic, IIRC

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

Someday vacuum airships will be a thing, maybe possibly probably not. But it would be cool.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

HootTheOwl posted:

Well we have plenty of hydrogen! Also let’s call it Titanic II.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Ugh I don't love the idea of dropping $600+ on a single Lego set but I was a huge Titanic dork as a kid and spent a bunch of my childhood building Titanics at home. I'm probably going to shell out for this one.

It looks beautiful but I have no idea where I'll put it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Sets from the new Batman movie...
https://brickset.com/sets/tag-The-Batman

That Batmobile is pretty 'meh,' but that is hardly lego's fault. The other sets are about what you would expect for a movie line.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

deoju posted:

Sets from the new Batman movie...
https://brickset.com/sets/tag-The-Batman

That Batmobile is pretty 'meh,' but that is hardly lego's fault. The other sets are about what you would expect for a movie line.

Here's a vid with more detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KUDg4FWXh4

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I’m happy I don’t care about those, I’m still convincing myself not to buy the new tumbler despite having the old one.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Dogen posted:

I’m happy I don’t care about those, I’m still convincing myself not to buy the new tumbler despite having the old one.
This would be a good watch for you.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

But Joker has a new vest!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yeah that looks super boring, which I’m happy about despite still going to see the film because hey new Batman. Here’s to the 60s UCS next year hopefully :praying:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wonder if you can seamlessly stretch the Titanic by adding extra ones of the middle section?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

smackfu posted:

Wonder if you can seamlessly stretch the Titanic by adding extra ones of the middle section?

This would be cool- would love to see one with 5 funnels or even 6! I personally really like that they went for a microscale-esque interior.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I wanna see a Titanic with battleship guns

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Brawnfire posted:

I wanna see a Titanic with battleship guns

If you can dream it, you can build it!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

It extremely rules that Lego is putting out a set with BDSM Riddler in it.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

This would be cool- would love to see one with 5 funnels or even 6! I personally really like that they went for a microscale-esque interior.

The box should illustrate what you can do if you buy four of the set, like they did for Cafe Corner.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
You know, I saw some clip connections and even at least one mini ball joint on the rear of the Titanic. I'm eagerly awaiting the first mecha alternate build.

Design stream tonight! More work on the Clock Tower. 7PM CST / 1.5 hours away!

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Blue Moonlight posted:

The box should illustrate what you can do if you buy four of the set, like they did for Cafe Corner.

Voltranic.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
It's a nice enough looking car, but an awful Batmobile

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

who are you?

I'm batman

and this is my charger

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Dang that Titanic is gorgeous and I’m not even super into boats. It’s surely basically guaranteed to have an absolutely ludicrous resale value after it retires too… I’m way more tempted than I should be for a $650 set.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
My titanic is a Gundam

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Look at this sweet black Millennium Falcon MOC I saw on Reddit

Its smoke damaged from a fire. Hopefully insurance covers it because that’s a bummer. Even if you manage to clean it you’re never gonna get the smell out

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
It is, however, exactly what I imagine the actual Falcon to smell like, with a dash of diesel.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

RatHat posted:

Look at this sweet black Millennium Falcon MOC I saw on Reddit

Its smoke damaged from a fire. Hopefully insurance covers it because that’s a bummer. Even if you manage to clean it you’re never gonna get the smell out

Sure, it made the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, but at what cost?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

GlenMR posted:

It is, however, exactly what I imagine the actual Falcon to smell like, with a dash of diesel.

"What does the diesel do?"
"Chewbacca drinks it."
"Heooaaarooaoaor!"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Every time I decide to start a MOC I always imagine I have a ton of parts I don't :sigh:

I have so many spare parts but never what I actually need unless the model is going to be gray, and even then I'm usually hitting BL after 15 minutes. I love that Star Wars has made Lego spaceship making almost endless in possibilities. There's just s many parts to choose from. but the inherent grayness means lots more limitation when you want to make something that is not gray or star warsy at all.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Somehow, seeing the free swinging pirate ship ride get added to my cart is what pushed me over the edge hitting "checkout" on the Mario ? block.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Decided I really wanted to make Vip Viper. Not "a Vic Viper" this time but the actual one from Gradius.

Super early WIP. Needs a ton of work but I am pretty excited about this giant tail. it's almost perfect. Those wings are going to be a bitch and I still need to make a bunch of changes to the body. Needs to be longer at least before I finish it off. but I think it could work out pretty good. happy I had those orange canopies.

Can't decide if I am going to do the OG version

Or the arguably more famous and probably cooler looking Gradius 5 one. will probably turn it into this one tbh.

Still pondering how I'm gonna make those wings work. That's gonna be the hard part. It'll be 3x the size when all is said and done. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I think the little I have done still has a lot of room for improvement but I'm pretty happy with the bones of it. Can probably at least work with this.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Vics are fun.

Generally you'll be looking at a lot of hinge stuff to get the colour blocking right on the prongs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Argos in the UK has the Jurassic Park 75936 for £165 (saving you £55) at the moment. Retiring this year, so might be worth an investment.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Finished the Medieval Blacksmith. Very cool set but heavily agree with the poster who says it is super fragile. Between the really weird tree, to the chairs in the kitchen, to the roof pieces that just hang on to things, lot of stuff a 3 yo can knock off easily while trying to play.