Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ngahpham/status/1447079493571653632

https://twitter.com/miketatarski/status/1447183606539952136

People on Twitter are screaming “ANIMAL CRUELTY” when they should be crack pinging that animals can carry COVID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

The Oldest Man posted:

The 9210's strap is both much, much more comfortable and holds up a ton better if you intend to reuse the mask

This is good to hear. Just ordered a box of them to compare to the 9205s I've been using. I love the Aura in general though, only disposable that seals right on my nose and against my cheeks and doesn't leak like crazy and fog my glasses.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Lately I've been noticing dead or very slow moving mice along the trails where I walk. I never used to see them at all but now they appear to be dying out in the open :stare:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/thenation/status/1447273476985954304

quote:

But that’s a criticism the Gates Foundation is unlikely to hear. Its decision to partner with Big Pharma during the pandemic speaks to how the charity has long depended on the rich and the powerful. Though its website is adorned with pictures of poor Black and brown people from the Global South, the foundation overwhelmingly directs its dollars to institutions based in the Global North.

The Nation examined 30,000 charitable grants the foundation has awarded over the past two decades and found that more than 88 percent of the donations—$63 billion—have gone to recipients in the wealthiest, whitest nations, including the United States, Canada, Australia, and European countries.

quote:

Even the Gates Foundation’s work at home, in K-12 education, has been described as “a colonizing, neutralizing, and supervising force in Black schools and communities.”

That’s from Alison Ragland’s PhD dissertation, which examines the foundation’s aggressive efforts to remake schools in low-income districts through educational standards, testing, and technology. Ragland, a consultant and former teacher, describes the foundation as part of an educational reform movement that overwhelmingly focuses on “access,” steering Black students into white corridors of power in ways that can disempower them from thinking critically about the root causes of inequality. “I focus on teaching about systems of oppression so that people can understand where they come from, where they fit into that system of oppression, so that when they see unequal power dynamics they can more easily recognize it, call it out, and do something about [it],” Ragland says. “In the absence of a critique of the entire system of oppression…we’re going to be stuck on only making spaces steeped in white supremacy more accessible to people who have been excluded from those spaces.”

By distracting students from serious, critical thinking about inequality, the Gates Foundation also distracts them from scrutinizing its own immense wealth and power—thereby preventing them from challenging its undemocratic role in shaping US education.

Learn to love Capitalism code

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Lately I've been noticing dead or very slow moving mice along the trails where I walk. I never used to see them at all but now they appear to be dying out in the open :stare:

lmao that we're going to end up killing whatever mammalian life still remaining on this planet

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

captainbananas posted:

SWA keeps saying this was due to "weather and Air Traffic Control," but it looks like it might be a "sickout" over the vaccine mandate they put in to comply with Biden's executive order as a federal contractor. So this is probably just purestrain COVID thread doom with delicious fruit-forward notes of Doomsday Econ.

lmao if the marching orders for the media are to strongly downplay and hide any sickouts or organized labor actions

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Thoguh posted:

The correct answer is that any unvaccinated person above the age of 18 should be sent to a re-education camp. But we aren’t going to do that so I’m increasingly if the opinion they should be denied care. Because they are DDOSing our health care system. It is untenable to continue to allow them to make the rest of society suffer for their actions.

Am I a tankie now?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

i lol every time at april/may 2021 and the surge that follows
COVID IS (glances at India on fire) OVERRRR

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mike the TV posted:

lmao that we're going to end up killing whatever mammalian life still remaining on this planet

https://twitter.com/STLonAir/status/1445922328135684108

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I wasn't really sure where to go with this question, so if there's a better thread for it I'd love the recommendation.

TLDR: My sister is anti-vax. How do I talk to her to deprogram the stupid conspiracy theories so she can get vaccinated?

My sister is very much anti-vax. She's not conservative, as far as I know, and she probably gets her info from health/fitness influencers on instagram. She's very into eating "natural" and only using "pure" substances (ignore the fact that she uses all sorts of drugs on a regular basis).

She lives in Connecticut, so she's generally safe though she parties a ton in NYC. She caught Covid this summer in Florida, before vacationing in Costa Rica, where she was quarantined for a couple of weeks. She won't have to get a vaccine for a month, and she's perfectly fine getting fired instead of doing so (she's a sub and lives at home so she won't be in financial straits... which is a whole other matter in itself).

She finally told me her concerns with the vaccine and I was a little disappointed to find out it was just your run-of-the-mill conspiracy stuff. She used the word "plannedemic" and thinks that someone spread the virus to force the vaccine on us; mentioned seeing a guy stick metal objects to his vaccination site (I didn't confirm if this was in person or a video, I don't think it matters); and she doesn't trust any of the scientific reports on the vaccine's efficacy or not. She worries that it could harm her in ten years time. Again just the general disinformation and the like. I don't believe she's taken any medicines (ivermectin and the like) aside from general homeopathic stuff, essentials oils or whatever.

Anyway, we talked a bit and the only thing I pushed on was saying that it wasn't planned by any elites, natural disasters happen, epidemics and the like aren't that uncommon etc etc, she seemed open to the idea. I never said she was wrong or belittled her for anything, which I've read is what you're supposed to do. I don't live in the US anymore so any communicating will be done by phone if that helps or hurts the situation.

Is there a better thread or online resources I can look at? My sister is a difficult person in general, but I do care for her and want her to stay safe for any number of reasons.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I wasn't really sure where to go with this question, so if there's a better thread for it I'd love the recommendation.

TLDR: My sister is anti-vax. How do I talk to her to deprogram the stupid conspiracy theories so she can get vaccinated?

My sister is very much anti-vax. She's not conservative, as far as I know, and she probably gets her info from health/fitness influencers on instagram. She's very into eating "natural" and only using "pure" substances (ignore the fact that she uses all sorts of drugs on a regular basis).

She lives in Connecticut, so she's generally safe though she parties a ton in NYC. She caught Covid this summer in Florida, before vacationing in Costa Rica, where she was quarantined for a couple of weeks. She won't have to get a vaccine for a month, and she's perfectly fine getting fired instead of doing so (she's a sub and lives at home so she won't be in financial straits... which is a whole other matter in itself).

She finally told me her concerns with the vaccine and I was a little disappointed to find out it was just your run-of-the-mill conspiracy stuff. She used the word "plannedemic" and thinks that someone spread the virus to force the vaccine on us; mentioned seeing a guy stick metal objects to his vaccination site (I didn't confirm if this was in person or a video, I don't think it matters); and she doesn't trust any of the scientific reports on the vaccine's efficacy or not. She worries that it could harm her in ten years time. Again just the general disinformation and the like. I don't believe she's taken any medicines (ivermectin and the like) aside from general homeopathic stuff, essentials oils or whatever.

Anyway, we talked a bit and the only thing I pushed on was saying that it wasn't planned by any elites, natural disasters happen, epidemics and the like aren't that uncommon etc etc, she seemed open to the idea. I never said she was wrong or belittled her for anything, which I've read is what you're supposed to do. I don't live in the US anymore so any communicating will be done by phone if that helps or hurts the situation.

Is there a better thread or online resources I can look at? My sister is a difficult person in general, but I do care for her and want her to stay safe for any number of reasons.

if she’s really not off the deep end, ive had success by personalizing the information by trying to get them to identify how many real life people they personally know who’ve gotten vaxx and are completely fine.

alternatively you can always go with the “well if the vaxx is gonna maim or kill us all in 10 years do you really want to be one of the survivors when 70% of the population dies and everything collapses?” route.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Tell her she doesn't wanna miss out on the class action lawsuits.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

mod sassinator posted:

lmao if the marching orders for the media are to strongly downplay and hide any sickouts or organized labor actions

hope you like lollin', cuz boy do i have some good news for you about media marching orders and labor power!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You're not going to convince someone who has built their belief system on conspiratorial, self-rationalizing ideas to deconstruct that based on evidence. If anything, the evidence shows that exposing this type of person to more evidence that they're full of poo poo will just make them entrench more thoroughly. You basically can't deprogram this kind of thing because she's getting a drip feed of ideological poison from her media consumption that also reinforces her underlying belief structure (that "purity" and "natural" things are good and "artificial" and "manmade" things are bad - nevermind this is just a marketing tactic to sell more poo poo to her).

Realistically your options are:
1. Remind her every time she talks about this that the vaccines are safe, effective, and will save your life if not your overall health and that COVID is killing 2000+ people every day. You don't need to push evidence toward her because she won't care about that. Just remember to counter-program when she says "it's a plandemic and the vaccines are poison" with "no, it's not, and they're safe and effective." Don't be drawn into an argument or "review my 'evidence'" discussion with her because she will have as many internet links as you do thanks to the wildfire of disinfo that's out there. The objective of this strategy is to simply remind her that someone she (hopefully) respects and loves disagrees with her assessment and that you got vaccinated with no ill effects so that when she sees COVID kill or maim someone else, she remembers that you exist and might come talk to you when she begins to have second thoughts about the snake oil marketing she's been chugging. Don't expect this strategy to bear any fruit short of her being touched directly by death, because it won't. All you're doing here is staying in the game long enough for her to see someone die or get horrifically maimed, get scared, and question the disinfo. If you're lucky, it won't be her that gets hurt. This is the option to take if you aren't personally at risk from her being brainwashed by insta.
2. Escalate and make her choose between your relationship and the conspiracy, in the hope that she values your relationship more than sticking to her beliefs. Sadly, this almost never works and is much more likely to just end in estrangement. This is the option to take if she's directly threatening your safety and cutting her off is better than getting COVID from her.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Alright ya'all, the moment I've worked all week for

COVID SIMULATOR UPDATE

Version 6 is now LIVE, and you can now create your own levels in the level editor! The #1 most asked for feature by SA.

You must have doors and rooms marked for it to save. If you create impossible rooms (unreachable areas) it will definitely crash your game so don't do that :p

some instructions via gif at https://i.imgur.com/frPyfxF.gif

You can see the update notes at https://coldrice.itch.io/covid-simulator/devlog/302738/v6-is-live-with-a-level-editor

OR

You can download Covid Simulator FREE at https://coldrice.itch.io/covid-simulator

Coldrice fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 10, 2021

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

It really does seem like there's been an underwater iceberg of asymptomatic untested vaccinated people constantly driving spread and it's confounding everything.

Because if there aren't a shitload of unknown cases out there the cfr makes no loving sense
lol yeah this poo poo's been going on since the mask burning parties
:theroni:

in alright news, went to a pumpkin patch, people everywhere, but the place had strict masks on policy, and everyone followed it
it was nice to see other families out and about with their kids actually taking precautions and taking the pandemic seriously
gonna go make some pie now

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Oldest Man posted:

The objective of this strategy is to simply remind her that someone she (hopefully) respects and loves disagrees with her assessment and that you got vaccinated with no ill effects so that when she sees COVID kill or maim someone else, she remembers that you exist and might come talk to you when she begins to have second thoughts about the snake oil marketing she's been chugging. Don't expect this strategy to bear any fruit short of her being touched directly by death, because it won't. All you're doing here is staying in the game long enough for her to see someone die or get horrifically maimed, get scared, and question the disinfo.

Here’s what this looks like in real time:

https://youtu.be/FZJc34zXh-0

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/tmz/status/1447283822995857415

https://twitter.com/spotted321tom/status/1447269463384944642

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SpaceCadetBob posted:

if she’s really not off the deep end, ive had success by personalizing the information by trying to get them to identify how many real life people they personally know who’ve gotten vaxx and are completely fine.

The Oldest Man posted:

Realistically your options are:
1. Remind her every time she talks about this that the vaccines are safe, effective, and will save your life if not your overall health and that COVID is killing 2000+ people every day.
2. Escalate and make her choose between your relationship and the conspiracy, in the hope that she values your relationship more than sticking to her beliefs. Sadly, this almost never works and is much more likely to just end in estrangement. This is the option to take if she's directly threatening your safety and cutting her off is better than getting COVID from her.

Thanks, I felt that those were the two options to go with. She was very curious what our experiences with the vaccines were and I did tell her after a bit of muscle pain, I was fine. She lives with my parents who're both vaccinated and also fine. She definitely doesn't feel like she needs to be vaccinated, especially since was sick (so was I for that matter and sicker than her too), and has such little regard for other people, so telling her it's for the greater good definitely wouldn't work.

I'm at no risk from her, as I live in Europe, but my parents are, though they're vaccinated. She has mentioned that she would get vaccinated to attend our wedding in the spring, so there's that small comfort, but of course I wouldn't want it to come to an ultimatum due to what you said. I'm fairly confident that no estrangement would be long term, but it's all very tiresome.

Her general narcissism and selfishness is going to be hard to work-around I fear.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Coldrice posted:

COVID SIMULATOR UPDATE

Version 6 is now LIVE, and you can now create your own levels in the level editor! The #1 most asked for feature by SA.

You must have doors and rooms marked for it to save. If you create impossible rooms (unreachable areas) it will definitely crash your game so don't do that :p

You can see the update notes at https://coldrice.itch.io/covid-simulator/devlog/302738/v6-is-live-with-a-level-editor

OR

You can download Covid Simulator FREE at https://coldrice.itch.io/covid-simulator

yesssss this rules

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Steve Yun you made this guy's sister an antivaxxer 😂

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Thanks, I felt that those were the two options to go with. She was very curious what our experiences with the vaccines were and I did tell her after a bit of muscle pain, I was fine. She lives with my parents who're both vaccinated and also fine. She definitely doesn't feel like she needs to be vaccinated, especially since was sick (so was I for that matter and sicker than her too), and has such little regard for other people, so telling her it's for the greater good definitely wouldn't work.

I'm at no risk from her, as I live in Europe, but my parents are, though they're vaccinated. She has mentioned that she would get vaccinated to attend our wedding in the spring, so there's that small comfort, but of course I wouldn't want it to come to an ultimatum due to what you said. I'm fairly confident that no estrangement would be long term, but it's all very tiresome.

Her general narcissism and selfishness is going to be hard to work-around I fear.

this is why vaxx mandates are so effective. the cost benefit analysis of a shot vs maybe getting sick somesay just doesn’t compute in a lot of brains. now make it a shot vs not being able to fly or goto a game or just about anything and most people will just get the shot cause they really hate being denied access to stuff.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

She lives with my parents who're both vaccinated and also fine. She definitely doesn't feel like she needs to be vaccinated, especially since was sick (so was I for that matter and sicker than her too), and has such little regard for other people, so telling her it's for the greater good definitely wouldn't work.

This loving sucks, I'm sorry. Unfortunately cutting her off from you doesn't help your parents so unless they're willing to do that to protect themselves (which most parents probably wouldn't be), your option is #1. Just keep up the counter-programming, don't get drawn into debating against a fountain of bullshit, and hope she sees another idiot get hurt or killed enough to rethink before she gets sick or gets your parents sick.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

She has mentioned that she would get vaccinated to attend our wedding in the spring, so there's that small comfort, but of course I wouldn't want it to come to an ultimatum due to what you said. I'm fairly confident that no estrangement would be long term, but it's all very tiresome.

I'd also be super suspicious that she's going to lie about getting vaccinated to come to the wedding based on your posts about her. Just saying.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Halloween should at least be a gimmie because it's very easy to incorporate a costume for a kid that has a mask on

You wanna be spiderman? a ninja? a ghost? like 2/3rds of boy superhero costumes you can get a mask going.

girl costumes otoh....all those Elsas and princessess gonna get the rona

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/ngahpham/status/1447079493571653632

https://twitter.com/miketatarski/status/1447183606539952136

People on Twitter are screaming “ANIMAL CRUELTY” when they should be crack pinging that animals can carry COVID

me comically chasing my golden retriever around the house trying to put a n95 on her

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Oldest Man posted:

This loving sucks, I'm sorry. Unfortunately cutting her off from you doesn't help your parents so unless they're willing to do that to protect themselves (which most parents probably wouldn't be), your option is #1. Just keep up the counter-programming, don't get drawn into debating against a fountain of bullshit, and hope she sees another idiot get hurt or killed enough to rethink before she gets sick or gets your parents sick.

I'd also be super suspicious that she's going to lie about getting vaccinated to come to the wedding based on your posts about her. Just saying.

Yeah no, my dad's not going to cut her off. That's a whole other set of issues and I'm glad I'm far away enough it's not my problem because it's super frustrating to see my older sister choose to live like she was in her early 20's. I have no idea how she's going to fare in the future, but again not my problem.

I've also very much considered that she could lie. I don't want to be that person though. Anyway, if she ends up flying to France there's a very good chance she'd be found out, unless fake papers are very good and easy to get. They're testing/requiring proof of vaccination for just about everything here.

SpaceCadetBob posted:

this is why vaxx mandates are so effective. the cost benefit analysis of a shot vs maybe getting sick somesay just doesn’t compute in a lot of brains. now make it a shot vs not being able to fly or goto a game or just about anything and most people will just get the shot cause they really hate being denied access to stuff.

See I thought this would be the thing to make it stick, as she does enjoy travelling, but as they'll let you get tested, she's been doing that instead. It's how she was caught with Covid in Costa Rica. She really doesn't want to get vaccinated. It could work if my dad were to really push her to need to keep a job, any job, but as it is she'd rather not work. Maybe if they required it for clubs, but she'd probably just go to another state in that case. The US has really handled this poorly.

Strep Vote posted:

Don't know who this is and I don't want to know. I also don't want to be fully dismissive with her, but what's the problem with being magnetic anyway? Magneto is one of the cooler supervillains.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Strep Vote posted:

I will make a new tiktok exposing how I did my magic trick if the sister watches it

edit: I made a tiktok where I pretended the vaccine made me magnetic by sticking a magnet to my skin. I was laying on the ground and I made sure you could see a chair in the background to see that the only reason why the magnet stuck was because of gravity.

I got featured on CNBC because they understood I was making fun of antivaxxers, but based on some comments on the video some people thought it was for real

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 10, 2021

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
This covid thing seems pretty heavy, I'm going to continue to try and avoid it. I'm thinking going backcountry camping in Alabama sounds like a good way to ride this all out

Do any plant people know what makes a cucumber do this?

The other looks like this

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Cross-pollination with a neighbor's squash / pumpkin / etc

edit: google tells me I'm talking outta my butt wrt squash and pumpkin but that defff looks like when I've seen comparable gardens wrecked so maybe it hosed a cantaloupe or something?

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 10, 2021

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

(..)I live in Europe, but my parents are, though they're vaccinated. She has mentioned that she would get vaccinated to attend our wedding in the spring(..)

Working from an assumption that your wedding is in Europe, I've had success by pointing to the hassle of not being vaccinated when traveling. E.g. "you never know if you are allowed to travel unvaccinated and trying to find a place to get a test in a foreign country sounds like a hassle." + "it takes ~5 weeks to become fully vaccinated, so probably best to get it done now, so you are ready".

With a third dose on the horizon it could also turn out to be a lot longer than 5 weeks.

Edit: also I agreed with the person that I didn't like that the vaccine was rushed, but added that all the rich people got it, so if there are any long-term problems with being vaccinated they will be throwing money at it until it resolves.

Edit 2: I see you already had that advice and I am slow :(

Pingui fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 10, 2021

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pingui posted:

Working from an assumption that your wedding is in Europe, I've had success by pointing to the hassle of not being vaccinated when traveling. E.g. "you never know if you are allowed to travel unvaccinated and trying to find a place to get a test in a foreign country sounds like a hassle." + "it takes ~5 weeks to become fully vaccinated, so probably best to get it done now, so you are ready".

With a third dose on the horizon it could also turn out to be a lot longer than 5 weeks.

Edit: also I agreed with the person that I didn't like that the vaccine was rushed, but added that all the rich people got it, so if there are any long-term problems with being vaccinated they will be throwning money at it until it resolves.

Edit 2: I see you already had that advice and I am slow :(

OH, the rich person argument is a good one, because if she does think there's a cabal, well they've been all in as well. And she's travelled unvaccinated. It's a hassle but possible, she's genuinely fine with tests over the vaccine. Since this started she's been to Florida twice, Costa Rica once, and flew in to Utah to then road-trip around the South-west.

I feel like I'm missing another destination as well. What is true is that about France is that while they will let you come unvaccinated (which I'm going to not say...), you are checked for entry into entertainment venues, though again they will take a test if you're unvaccinated. She currently has to be tested twice a week and in a month it'll be far more often, which is why she's thinking of just quitting.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

sorry about your sister

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

lil poopendorfer posted:

So I can set off on my own in a couple years. More to the point: when I’m framing a house to building code to ensure that it can withstand the loads placed upon it, I don’t come home and have my neighbors tell me that physics isn’t real. Or when I tie off on a roof, my foreman doesn’t tell me that falling 30 feet is just like stumbling while walking. Or when a building collapses due to poor construction and failure to keep up w maintenance, like in Miami, it’s a big deal and gets covered by the news in an accurate way.

I’m not saying my thinking is rational or consistent or even smart but I would be dead of overdose or suicide if I kept working healthcare

I just had a giggle at the working somewhere people don't give a poo poo about safety then moving to construction part. From an employer caring about safety perspective, construction's a lateral move at best, but I understand you completely.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

quote:

The government is now following different strategies for fighting Covid-19 depending on the region, the PM says.
In Auckland, suppressing the virus is now the goal, but for other regions the elimination strategy is alive and well.

But Jacinda Ardern told Morning Report that reaching zero cases was still possible, even if there are outbreaks outside of Auckland.

"In Auckland ... what we are doing today is no different to what we were doing on day 1 of this outbreak - we continue to work really hard to aggressively stamp out every case that we have.

"That doesn't necessarily mean we'll get to zero though, but we do need to continue to really aggressively contain Covid in Auckland - we do not have enough people vaccinated to have a situation where this becomes a massive uncontrolled outbreak."

Really loving confused about what we're doing in New Zealand right now, and I think the government is too. So are we eliminating? Or are we learning to hug and kiss the virus? Sounds like we're going to surrender Auckland to covid but try to keep it bottled up here and let the rest of the country suck and gently caress for as long as possible?

Just put us back up to level 4 you cowards!

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sister chat:

Turn her conspiratorial mindset around 180 degrees. Say it is a big cull by the satanic elites but only of dumb people who don't trust real medicine and low income people who are useless deadweight to the rich. Pull up statistics on deaths of unvaxxed, vulnerable, and low income folks to support it.

I mean, that's basically what's happening except it's not exactly a secret if you're paying attention

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

OK baizuo posted:

Sister chat:

Turn her conspiratorial mindset around 180 degrees. Say it is a big cull by the satanic elites but only of dumb people who don't trust real medicine and low income people who are useless deadweight to the rich. Pull up statistics on deaths of unvaxxed, vulnerable, and low income folks to support it.

I mean, that's basically what's happening except it's not exactly a secret if you're paying attention

I've already said that it's all too chaotic to have been planned, which she seems to follow with for now. I don't think I should change tact so soon.

Thanks everyone for the advice, both serious and in fun. I needed both the camaraderie and the laugh. I'll check in on any other responses tomorrow after work. Good night!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Blackhawk posted:

Really loving confused about what we're doing in New Zealand right now, and I think the government is too. So are we eliminating? Or are we learning to hug and kiss the virus? Sounds like we're going to surrender Auckland to covid but try to keep it bottled up here and let the rest of the country suck and gently caress for as long as possible?

Just put us back up to level 4 you cowards!

the plan is to try and make everyone happy by doing both

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Shear Modulus posted:

nobody ever asks him if maybe he wants an MRI today

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Coldrice posted:

COVID SIMULATOR UPDATE

OR

this is incredible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

OK baizuo posted:

When I as at Walgreens a few days ago it was a madhouse. Crazy huge line (despite three people working the dept) and while I waited for my shot I saw like three people turned away because they were out of whatever meds they needed. One poor guy, they were out of his insulin jfc

They didn't tell me to wait so I gtfo of there because like 20 people were just waiting at the pharmacy

so bc of poo poo like this I got a 3mo supply of all of my prescriptions except the ones I can only buy monthly bc apparently drugs are bad and sometimes people misuse drugs to dull the pain of life so I can only get 30 of these at once

I'll be doing rails to dull the withdrawals while the hills run red with blood