Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Imagine if Freddy fazzbear was a big titty goth babe

oh, you were at the re8 pitch meetings too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

imagine if phanto from smb2 was a big titty goth babe.

this trick works on most characters. have fun imps ;)

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Maxed everything on Bravely 2 and cheesed the final superboss. Considering if I want to try to beat it again without a stupid broken team or lay it to rest. Not doing ng+.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Romancing SaGa 2 and 3 are on sale on the eShop. Which one should I get or should I just get both.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SaGa 3 is more Normal, it has a static party, none of the permadeath of 2, and a more cohesive story. 2 is definitely the wilder of the two, it's way more open ended and intriguing structurally, but i could never really get into it despite trying multiple times. depending on how cheap they are try em both bc maybe youll wind up loving 2, but i like 3 more than 2.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
why is it spelled SaGa instead of Saga

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
is it pronounced like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpzH0WJ52kc

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the same reason Squall's organization is spelled SEED

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SaGa

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

SaGa 3 is more Normal, it has a static party, none of the permadeath of 2, and a more cohesive story. 2 is definitely the wilder of the two, it's way more open ended and intriguing structurally, but i could never really get into it despite trying multiple times. depending on how cheap they are try em both bc maybe youll wind up loving 2, but i like 3 more than 2.

They’re both pretty cheap rn but it sounds like I would probably like 3 more tbh. Thanks for the info

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

igi ari!

3 does have permadeath but its really hard to get unless your trying to (theres a lovely character that wont leave your party unless you perma kill em). anyway pablo 2 is a multigenerational thng where you control a dynasty and build and sculpt generations of generic characters to learn new poo poo for your kingodm and 3 is basically a straight open world rpg. 2 has more plot than 3 but neither have much, 3 is more replayable. both kick rear end so definitely get both plus also scarlet grace: ambitions

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Theyre all godlike games.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

Theyre all godlike games.

this. saga ftw

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

scary ghost dog posted:

why is it spelled SaGa instead of Saga

because otherwise arf will gently caress you up.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

b_d posted:

because otherwise arf will gently caress you up.

learned this the hard wayh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

started playing Wild Arms 3 and it seems pretty awesome, even if battles a bit too slow. felt the same way about 1 and 2 but still really enjoyed them. the style is so awesome, the jump to ps2 looks amazing.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

wild arms was one of my first ps1 games and the intro still gets me hyped when i think about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDV6VksSRU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

started playing Wild Arms 3 and it seems pretty awesome, even if battles a bit too slow. felt the same way about 1 and 2 but still really enjoyed them. the style is so awesome, the jump to ps2 looks amazing.

it's extremely sick. the cast is all great, the music is great. but yeah it's very slow, though i played it when i was in middle school and could play any jrpg for 10 hours at a time so i might not remember so good. also i was big into trigun at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvoueEiVyWE

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Trash Ops posted:

wild arms was one of my first ps1 games and the intro still gets me hyped when i think about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDV6VksSRU

Ftw intro

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

dungeon encounters is very good, and if you like etrian odyssey or wizardry I recommend it. it also has the worst music uematsu has ever made in it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got the tude now posted:

it's extremely sick. the cast is all great, the music is great. but yeah it's very slow, though i played it when i was in middle school and could play any jrpg for 10 hours at a time so i might not remember so good. also i was big into trigun at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvoueEiVyWE

yeah the party members are real great, instantly fun to hang out with them and the setting is top notch poo poo. My only complaints so far is that there's no cool animation for taking a train, just a load screen. And that spell animations are way too long

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Somehow I now own the entire Xenosaga trilogy which means I really need to finally play it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Somehow I now own the entire Xenosaga trilogy which means I really need to finally play it

Enjoy. 1 is kinda meh but I really enjoyed 2 and 3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

at least theyre all pretty short and have ridiculous stories, settings, characters and writing.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Enjoy. 1 is kinda meh but I really enjoyed 2 and 3.

2 is one of the most obnoxious games ive ever played but i like 1 and 3

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i like 1 and 2 all right but i wasn't fond of 4.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

3 just had generic JRPG turn based combat instead of trying something different like 1 and 2 did and it's instantly way better for it. And Ziggy could snap human opponent's necks.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol that on the back of the box for Xenoblade III one of the bullet points is “Money and shops are back!”

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol that on the back of the box for Xenoblade III one of the bullet points is “Money and shops are back!”

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Xenoblade 3 is not a real game. Farewell

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol. and we all know what you meant

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i got the boat in Wild Arms 3 and it has its own battle system like the xeno- series mechs or some poo poo. my highest level char has around 1200 health and the boat starts with 165,958. each attack does over 17,000 damage and it has a harpoon system and your party runs the ship as a crew in different roles that effect turn order and performance of the various parts of the ship??? this game is awesome lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think voice of cards is gonna own. im hoipe

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

i got the boat in Wild Arms 3 and it has its own battle system like the xeno- series mechs or some poo poo. my highest level char has around 1200 health and the boat starts with 165,958. each attack does over 17,000 damage and it has a harpoon system and your party runs the ship as a crew in different roles that effect turn order and performance of the various parts of the ship??? this game is awesome lol.

i dont know if im capable of ever playing this

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

extremebuff posted:

the nier replicant remake/remaster/whatever was so good. i hope he's making enough moeny off of his weird gacha mobile games to fund making good weird as hell proper games

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

extremebuff posted:

The demo immediately sold that game to me. Just incredibly chill presentation the whole way through. Hope the full version is more challenging, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fungah! posted:

this. saga ftw

excuse me you stupid bitch?